Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

My turn to be down.

My son decided after 14 years of me raising him on my own that he wants to live with his mother on the other side of the country. He went out to visit for the summer and just decided to stay. He said he wants his west coast family to be there when he graduates and the rest of us out here who watched him grow up can just suffer.

It just doesn't seem fair. He's now 16 years old. I wanted to teach him how to drive. I wanted to see him go on his first date. I wanted to see him graduate. I just wanted to see him grow into a man. That's all been shattered now. C'est la vie, right?

Before you wonder why I want to be selfish and not allow his mother to go through those joys, I'll just add that this is my only son. She has 2 other sons from another marriage that she already had the chance to watch grow up and become men. And she hasn't been very active in his life at all. Only for the good stuff. When something bad happened, it was always "dad will handle it".

So, maybe this rant is not valid. Maybe I am being too selfish. Maybe I just need to take a chill pill. But, I feel betrayed by my own son right now. That may not be his intent, but it's how I feel. He is the last person I thought would make me feel this way.

So, anyway, that's it. Done ranting. Bleh. sad

Aug 18 09 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Bump.  This doesn't deserve to be on page 7.

Aug 21 09 02:16 pm Link

Model

crystalking

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:
My turn to be down.

My son decided after 14 years of me raising him on my own that he wants to live with his mother on the other side of the country. He went out to visit for the summer and just decided to stay. He said he wants his west coast family to be there when he graduates and the rest of us out here who watched him grow up can just suffer.

It just doesn't seem fair. He's now 16 years old. I wanted to teach him how to drive. I wanted to see him go on his first date. I wanted to see him graduate. I just wanted to see him grow into a man. That's all been shattered now. C'est la vie, right?

Before you wonder why I want to be selfish and not allow his mother to go through those joys, I'll just add that this is my only son. She has 2 other sons from another marriage that she already had the chance to watch grow up and become men. And she hasn't been very active in his life at all. Only for the good stuff. When something bad happened, it was always "dad will handle it".

So, maybe this rant is not valid. Maybe I am being too selfish. Maybe I just need to take a chill pill. But, I feel betrayed by my own son right now. That may not be his intent, but it's how I feel. He is the last person I thought would make me feel this way.

Remember the monster-eating-butterfly photo [from cancer camp] when you need a pick-me-up!
I have a daughter half way across the country, and she's just turned 3. Imagine how many of the things mommys are supposed to do... and I won't be doing them sad

Aug 21 09 03:53 pm Link

Model

Phyxi

Columbus, Ohio, US

If anyone needs someone to talk to about suicide/self injury/mood disorders, feel free to message me. Just had to put that one out there.

Aug 21 09 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Phyxi wrote:
If anyone needs someone to talk to about suicide/self injury/mood disorders, feel free to message me. Just had to put that one out there.

I may take you up on that later smile

Aug 21 09 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

crystalking wrote:

Remember the monster-eating-butterfly photo [from cancer camp] when you need a pick-me-up!
I have a daughter half way across the country, and she's just turned 3. Imagine how many of the things mommys are supposed to do... and I won't be doing them sad

Thank you. And now you know why I started that critique thread. I still have that picture in my mind. smile

Aug 21 09 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Dannielle Levan wrote:

I may take you up on that later smile

Hugzzz. Do I need to bring out all my smileys again?

Aug 22 09 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

https://fc01.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/193/e/9/happy_happy_by_Paco_Mexicano.gifhttps://fc05.deviantart.com/fs41/f/2009/025/5/7/Happy_Bouncer_by_Argetlam_Br_01.gifhttps://fc05.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/111/8/1/Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifhttps://fc09.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/276/e/6/_squee__by_Synfull.gifhttps://fc04.deviantart.com/fs33/f/2008/311/c/d/Are_You_Happy_by_de_Mote.gif

Aug 23 09 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

https://fc01.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/193/e/9/happy_happy_by_Paco_Mexicano.gifhttps://fc05.deviantart.com/fs41/f/2009/025/5/7/Happy_Bouncer_by_Argetlam_Br_01.gifhttps://fc05.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/111/8/1/Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifhttps://fc09.deviantart.com/fs36/f/2008/276/e/6/_squee__by_Synfull.gifhttps://fc04.deviantart.com/fs33/f/2008/311/c/d/Are_You_Happy_by_de_Mote.gif

Smily overload >_

Aug 24 09 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Rescued from page 10. smile

Aug 30 09 07:04 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

hienvy

Aug 31 09 06:40 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Heather

Middle Island, New York, US

I wish I was around when this started. great thread. I am here for anyone who wants to talk. I have experience with this of my own for a good part of my life and I also have professional experience with this. Takes one to know one smile

Aug 31 09 07:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Andrea Martini

SHOHOLA, Pennsylvania, US

great thread.
i am another person always available if anyone needs to talk.
i have battled both depression and an eating disorder...long roads, so i understand.
i think creative people are more suseptible (sp) to dealing with depression and related illnesses. just my impression.

Aug 31 09 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

This entire vidio made my day and night!  It is very uplifting ....

I hope everyone can watch this ... and hear it!

This is truly amazing!  Up lifting! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMF_24cQ … annel_page

"Son ... if the mountain was smooth, you couldn't climb it."

I hope you found it as deeply inspirational as I did.

Sep 01 09 02:08 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Gabrielle Heather wrote:
I wish I was around when this started. great thread. I am here for anyone who wants to talk. I have experience with this of my own for a good part of my life and I also have professional experience with this. Takes one to know one smile

Andrea Martini wrote:
great thread.
i am another person always available if anyone needs to talk.
i have battled both depression and an eating disorder...long roads, so i understand.
i think creative people are more suseptible (sp) to dealing with depression and related illnesses. just my impression.

Hugzzz and welcome. Pull up a chair, sit down, relax and be yourselves.

Care for a drink or an appetizer?https://fc01.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/177/d/1/Waiter_by_livius.gif

Sep 01 09 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

*bump* cos this thread should always be on front page.

Sep 14 09 12:32 am Link

Model

Gabrielle Heather

Dannielle Levan wrote:
*bump* cos this thread should always be on front page.

true, and funny its brought upfront and center right when I was able to distract my mind for a few. eesh. i just HAD to look at the forums now.  smile Im currently in the takes one to know one mental state

Sep 14 09 01:03 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I want to share with you this post written by one of our MM models. It's called Confidence.
http://kayelless.net/?p=4128&cpage=1#comment-196
smile

Sep 18 09 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Kayelless wrote:
I want to share with you this post written by one of our MM models. It's called Confidence.
http://kayelless.net/?p=4128&cpage=1#comment-196
smile

smile

Sep 19 09 10:20 pm Link

Model

Julia Gold

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

down down down seems to be the way things are going right now.

Sep 19 09 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Julia Gold wrote:
down down down seems to be the way things are going right now.

Hugs. I feel the same way. Bleh.

Hope everyone else is doing OK though. smile

Sep 22 09 06:18 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Heather

Hugs. I feel the same way. Bleh.

Hope everyone else is doing OK though. smile

its in the air. im going skydiving thursday as long as the weather permits. that should produce enough happy for a bit. skydiving is the best happy drug ever. come with me!

Sep 22 09 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Gabrielle Heather wrote:

its in the air. im going skydiving thursday as long as the weather permits. that should produce enough happy for a bit. skydiving is the best happy drug ever. come with me!

If I didn't work, I'd say sure. I'll take a raincheck, though. smile

But, I'm sure you'll have enough fun for all of us.

Sep 22 09 06:43 pm Link

Model

Nicole Black

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, US

le bump. I hate seeing this thread get lost.

Sep 24 09 04:36 pm Link

Model

Nicole Black

Sep 24 09 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Sierra Vista, Arizona, US

My turn to be down.

He's spreading his wings. Give him you love and blessings to go. If you fight him on this it will only give him a reason to escalate the typical teenage angst.

Sep 24 09 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Nolette wrote:
le bump. I hate seeing this thread get lost.

Hugs. Thank you. smile Shooting with you would cheer me up. big_smile

Sep 24 09 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Taboo Nudes wrote:

He's spreading his wings. Give him you love and blessings to go. If you fight him on this it will only give him a reason to escalate the typical teenage angst.

I didn't fight him. Didn't even try to convince him to stay. I just told him it's completely his decision and to do what he feels is best for him. What else could I do? He's 16. I like to think I raised him properly. He's a good kid...basically a young man, really. Very responsible, very respectful. He'll be fine wherever he goes. smile

Sep 24 09 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

I didn't fight him. Didn't even try to convince him to stay. I just told him it's completely his decision and to do what he feels is best for him. What else could I do? He's 16. I like to think I raised him properly. He's a good kid...basically a young man, really. Very responsible, very respectful. He'll be fine wherever he goes. smile

I'm sure he is a great kid. You did the right thing. He'll come back...they always do.

Sep 24 09 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Taboo Nudes wrote:

I'm sure he is a great kid. You did the right thing. He'll come back...they always do.

Yeah, when they're jobless, broke, cold and hungry. lol

Sorry, couldn't resist a little kidding around there.

And thanks. I appreciate your words.

Sep 24 09 06:28 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

:::hugs to both new and old::::

I'm up and down, the usual. I was feeling so good, I decided to try to go back to work again, part-time. I start in October. But then of COURSE, a series of bad things happen, that are trying to drag me back down. So far, I'm holding out, for as long as I can.

I don't post in here much anymore, but ANYONE can PM me, at any time if you want to talk. Those of you who have my phone number, call me anytime. Just a reminder.

Sep 25 09 10:49 am Link

Model

Phedre Rachelle

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I'm here to talk too! Anyone who needs it. I've experienced a whole lot of everything in my measly 20 years and can usually relate. I'm honest though, so I'm not a good person to come to if all you wanted was to be told "it's ok, you're right". I feel like I'm betraying people if I am not honest, though in a nice, helpful way. hehe smile

Sep 25 09 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Natasha240 wrote:
:::hugs to both new and old::::

I'm up and down, the usual. I was feeling so good, I decided to try to go back to work again, part-time. I start in October. But then of COURSE, a series of bad things happen, that are trying to drag me back down. So far, I'm holding out, for as long as I can.

I don't post in here much anymore, but ANYONE can PM me, at any time if you want to talk. Those of you who have my phone number, call me anytime. Just a reminder.

I almost did text you the other day. I seem to be pushing everyone away from me lately. I honestly have no idea why, either. It sucks.

But, hugz back atcha. Good thoughts coming your way.

Sep 25 09 06:59 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

I almost did text you the other day. I seem to be pushing everyone away from me lately. I honestly have no idea why, either. It sucks.

But, hugz back atcha. Good thoughts coming your way.

I do this too, constantly. I feel you hon. Text me anyway, I get it. smile

Sep 25 09 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

My boss has been off all week. His mother was taken to the hospital where she later died so he went to Florida to take care of things.

Well, today I found out at work that his mother committed suicide. That's bad enough. But then I heard some of the comments made about it and it made me sick. Rude, snide comments that really don't do anyone any good. Then I thought "I wonder what they'd say if I did it." Probably the same or worse. But....bleh....people can be so inhuman sometimes.

On a brighter note, my son called today. He's doing good. He was more concerned with me, though, I think. He's a good kid. So, it was a nice end to my week.

I hope everyone else is doing good. Heads up. Keep moving.

Sep 25 09 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Yeah, when they're jobless, broke, cold and hungry. lol

Sorry, couldn't resist a little kidding around there.

And thanks. I appreciate your words.

LOL....how true. I've been there with my youngest. I didn't think he would ever get his head on straight. He just got back from Afghanistan...earned medals for his bravery in battle. Got married, and is going to Iraq in February. It just took a long time for him to grow up, but I'm proud of him...he did it.

Sep 25 09 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Taboo Nudes wrote:

LOL....how true. I've been there with my youngest. I didn't think he would ever get his head on straight. He just got back from Afghanistan...earned medals for his bravery in battle. Got married, and is going to Iraq in February. It just took a long time for him to grow up, but I'm proud of him...he did it.

That's awesome! And thank him for me.

Sep 26 09 02:39 am Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

That's awesome! And thank him for me.

I will, and thank you.

Sep 29 09 06:19 pm Link

Model

Nicole Black

Hey...I guess I just need a slight vent and an invisible ear.
I've got plenty of my own problems I don't give name to, and right now they just feel a little overwhelming. I just wish that I didn't have to worry about fucking up every day. Some nights, I can positively hate myself. And I think I'm there right now.

And I wish that I had someone on campus who really understood what I'm going through.
School psych's suck. I feel much more at home with everyone here. Sigh.

Sep 30 09 05:38 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Heather

Nolette wrote:
Hey...I guess I just need a slight vent and an invisible ear.
I've got plenty of my own problems I don't give name to, and right now they just feel a little overwhelming. I just wish that I didn't have to worry about fucking up every day. Some nights, I can positively hate myself. And I think I'm there right now.

And I wish that I had someone on campus who really understood what I'm going through.
School psych's suck. I feel much more at home with everyone here. Sigh.

hugs . you are not alone

Sep 30 09 05:58 pm Link