Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Model Instincts wrote:
Okay, my birthday was depressing...it's not because I turned 31...but the fact that my friends, family, and co-workers didn't acknowedge it.

I'm not that bad of a person...I would give them the shirt off of my back.

It's not that birthdays are everything, but I didn't even get a dinner, a card or anything...which makes me reevaluate my life.

If I am not that important to be ackowledged, why am I here on Earth ?  I have accomplished many goals in life...including here on modelmayhem.

I had to call in from work today...because I am still distraught.  and probably lose my job for being absent from my depression.

NO ONE FUCKING CARES.

i care and i understand where you're coming from

Jul 14 09 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

Model Instincts wrote:
If I am not that important to be ackowledged, why am I here on Earth ?  I have accomplished many goals in life...including here on modelmayhem.

Please don't take this as being rude. I'd rather be brutally honest and help, rather than watch your life fall apart by overlooking this.

I've learned from experience, when you think you deserve acknowledgment for accomplishments, is when you actually deserve it the least. It hurts to know that the first time; but it helps to cope next time it happens. Everyone gets the 'big head' sometimes (no pun intended, this time).

Accomplishments don't make a person. A person makes accomplishments. It's up to you who you want that person to be.

...and...

*hugs*

Happy [late] 31th! big_smile

Jul 14 09 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Paul Bryson Photography wrote:

Please don't take this as being rude. I'd rather be brutally honest and help, rather than watch your life fall apart by overlooking this.

I've learned from experience, when you think you deserve acknowledgment for accomplishments, is when you actually deserve it the least. It hurts to know that the first time; but it helps to cope next time it happens. Everyone gets the 'big head' sometimes (no pun intended, this time).

Accomplishments don't make a person. A person makes accomplishments. It's up to you who you want that person to be.

...and...

*hugs*

Happy [late] 31th! big_smile

I don't think I deserve anything, yet I still give everything I got. Some people see that as a weakness. Some people take me for a fool or a joke. Others abuse it. Still I go on with who I am, but we all have times where we could use a bit of cheer just for who we are. It comes in like water for someone who thirst....

Jul 14 09 07:46 pm Link

Model

Cadence Rose

Greenfield, Massachusetts, US

Hi, I've only posted a few times here before, but I think I need some advice, or maybe just someone to listen.

I've decided that I want to go talk to a therapist. The thing is, I don't think I'll ever get around to it. I have a huge fear of telling other people my feelings, especially people I know. It's not so bad here though. For example, I would never think of telling my family or my boyfriend about the way I feel, but I would be more comfortable talking to perfect strangers. I'd probably have no problem setting up the appointment with the therapist, going to the office, but as soon as I got in there and they expected me to talk I'd just freeze up and waste their time.

I've never heard of a fear similar to mine and I just wish I knew why I couldn't express my emotions. I wish that so much. I don't know what to do.

Jul 14 09 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

Kayelless wrote:
I don't think I deserve anything, yet I still give everything I got.

That's what makes life worth living. If ya don't give your all, life just ain't no fun. smile

Jul 14 09 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

- Rose - wrote:
Hi, I've only posted a few times here before, but I think I need some advice, or maybe just someone to listen.

I've decided that I want to go talk to a therapist. The thing is, I don't think I'll ever get around to it. I have a huge fear of telling other people my feelings, especially people I know. It's not so bad here though. For example, I would never think of telling my family or my boyfriend about the way I feel, but I would be more comfortable talking to perfect strangers. I'd probably have no problem setting up the appointment with the therapist, going to the office, but as soon as I got in there and they expected me to talk I'd just freeze up and waste their time.

I've never heard of a fear similar to mine and I just wish I knew why I couldn't express my emotions. I wish that so much. I don't know what to do.

http://www.depression.com/

http://helpguide.org/

Living With Depression - Turtle Life @ kayelless.net

Your therapist understands this and will not pressure you to talk about anything. They typically will just allow you to be yourself and discuss as you are comfortable discussing.  It's not an easy road. Takes a lot to try, I know, but if you feel you need to talk then allow yourself to give it a try.

Three links above of sites that help provide you with assistance, support and answers.  Check them out or talk to me all you want. I'm not a therapist, but I am an ear for starters.

Jul 14 09 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

- Rose - wrote:
I'd probably have no problem setting up the appointment with the therapist, going to the office, but as soon as I got in there and they expected me to talk I'd just freeze up and waste their time.

You'd be surprised how relaxed you are with a good therapist. I highly recommend seeing one if you never have. It's a good experience. smile

Jul 14 09 08:47 pm Link

Model

Cadence Rose

You'd be surprised how relaxed you are with a good therapist. I highly recommend seeing one if you never have. It's a good experience. smile

I want to. And I have before, from the ages of 9 to 17. Back then it was something I had to do, and I didn't talk much throughout the sessions. My last therapist was an art therapist, and I liked our sessions, but I didn't talk about feelings with her either. Now that I'm older I understand that I need to.

And Kayelless, thanks for the links. I have read some of your blog recently because of this thread, and the stories from everyone were amazing to read. Thank you both again.

Jul 14 09 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

- Rose - wrote:

I want to. And I have before, from the ages of 9 to 17. Back then it was something I had to do, and I didn't talk much throughout the sessions. My last therapist was an art therapist, and I liked our sessions, but I didn't talk about feelings with her either. Now that I'm older I understand that I need to.

And Kayelless, thanks for the links. I have read some of your blog recently because of this thread, and the stories from everyone were amazing to read. Thank you both again.

I truly hope this time will be the time you open up. Depression really sucks ass.

*hugs*

Jul 14 09 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

- Rose - wrote:

smile
You're welcome to contribute if you want to. The reason why I started it was to help folks by us helping each other.

Jul 14 09 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Yesterday was a very tough day for me, but I managed to survive it. Now I'm back to spread the love again today.

Jul 15 09 11:12 am Link

Photographer

ShutterSnaps

Leeds, England, United Kingdom

Someone once said "Every day above ground is a good day"

smile

Jul 15 09 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

Essensuate

London, England, United Kingdom

The most important & significent thread imaginable!

Can't begin to thank the OP & all posters.

Jul 15 09 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

They say it's darkest just before the dawn... I think I saw a glimpse of sunlight today.

Jul 15 09 04:27 pm Link

Model

Miss Kerri

Manchester, New Hampshire, US

My brother passed away last night after taking his own life...he was 19. He had been struggling for a while after going through cancer treatment at 16. Even though he had been in remission for a little over a year, he was still tormented.

So people please don't ever, ever be afraid to ask for help. I know it seems like it won't get better but it can and it will. I only wish my brother had reached out for more help and accepted what was given to him.

Jul 16 09 09:12 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Miss Kerri wrote:
My brother passed away last night after taking his own life...he was 19. He had been struggling for a while after going through cancer treatment at 16. Even though he had been in remission for a little over a year, he was still tormented.

So people please don't ever, ever be afraid to ask for help. I know it seems like it won't get better but it can and it will. I only wish my brother had reached out for more help and accepted what was given to him.

Thank you for your message and my condolences at such a terrible time for you and your family.
*huggs*

Jul 16 09 11:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Miss Kerri wrote:

***BIG HUG***

Jul 16 09 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Bleh.  Hubby is feeling worse and i don't know how to handle it...he said he feels like he's losing his mind...he had a panic attack last night hmm

Jul 16 09 03:46 pm Link

Model

Der Sonnenuntergang

Munich, North Dakota, US

I would like to say, this topic was the main reason of my registration on the site. I wanted to tell about me and my own suicide/depression experience, but now I read the topic again and again and see that my queachy person and my problems are not worth mentioning againist other persons and their problems.

I still think that nobody has right of suicide because all the problems can be solved in a different way. Nobody has this right. Nobody. Except me.

Jul 18 09 04:57 pm Link

Model

Cadence Rose

Kayelless wrote:
Yesterday was a very tough day for me, but I managed to survive it. Now I'm back to spread the love again today.

I wanted to say thank you for your tag on my profile. It sounds silly but it brightened my day because it reminded me that there are some people out there who say "how are you" and actually want to hear a truthful answer.

Me, work has been difficult lately, I recently transferred to a new location and I feel like I'm doing everything wrong. I've been hating myself for it lately. I know I shouldn't dislike myself and I'm trying to get myself out of that way of thinking. Being able to talk to understanding people here helps.

Jul 18 09 08:31 pm Link

Model

Cadence Rose

Der Sonnenuntergang wrote:
I would like to say, this topic was the main reason of my registration on the site. I wanted to tell about me and my own suicide/depression experience, but now I read the topic again and again and see that my queachy person and my problems are not worth mentioning againist other persons and their problems.

I want to hear your story. It is worth mentioning. Maybe by telling it, you would help someone else in the process. smile

Jul 18 09 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

- Rose - wrote:

I wanted to say thank you for your tag on my profile. It sounds silly but it brightened my day because it reminded me that there are some people out there who say "how are you" and actually want to hear a truthful answer.

Me, work has been difficult lately, I recently transferred to a new location and I feel like I'm doing everything wrong. I've been hating myself for it lately. I know I shouldn't dislike myself and I'm trying to get myself out of that way of thinking. Being able to talk to understanding people here helps.

me and my therapist once talked about giving oneself permission to fail (or make a mistake). We can't hold ourselves hostage like that.

Jul 18 09 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I still think that nobody has right of suicide because all the problems can be solved in a different way. Nobody has this right. Nobody. Except me.

Thank you for saying so about the topic.  I think there are many people who need it, and so I'm giving this thread new life back from page 8! 

About what you said ... "nobody has this right."   I tend to think of it in different terms.  Suicide is not a "right" but a wrong ... as in a potential mistake that cannot be repaired, fixed or undone once it's happened.  When you're dead, that's the end of life.  I happen to know that things can change pretty fast while we are alive.  What might cause you to be depressed can at least change if you work on it.   

IN LIFE THERE IS HOPE!

Jul 23 09 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

*finishes sweeping up the floor, turns out the light, closes the door*

Jul 29 09 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Kayelless wrote:
*finishes sweeping up the floor, turns out the light, closes the door*

sad

Jul 29 09 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

shellys moving, she took me to lunch and told me the other day. texas seems so far, my darling friend, always support ave, always nude and always beautiful is leaving the neighborhood

Jul 29 09 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

im bum kicked

Jul 29 09 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

LeDeux Art wrote:
shellys moving, she took me to lunch and told me the other day. texas seems so far, my darling friend, always support ave, always nude and always beautiful is leaving the neighborhood

Sorry to hear this. I'm sure you'll figure things out. smile

Jul 31 09 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

I know this is rather selfish, but i'm so fucking ticked off i am going to kill one of my drivers on monday. I'm just going to hop over the counter and strangle him.

Miss Kerri wrote:

I'm so sorry sad

Jul 31 09 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

No one's problems are ever less than significant of anyone elses. This thread is for everyone to share smile

Jul 31 09 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

J Henry wrote:
Surviving anxiety and depression myself, it's so good to see a thread like this!

QFT

Jul 31 09 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

+100
My therapist turned my life completely around(err   I mean helped me turn my life around,you can take all the great  advice in the world,if you don't take the bull by the horn,trust what your therapist is telling you,and make the changes,therapy is useless)..
Her theme has been and still is"if you put your mind to it,you can acomplish it"
I've kinda been a poster child for this saying the past few years,from singlehandedly debunking the stereotype that all OTR truclers are morbidly obeese smelly uneducated losers(when in fact,when I get  my press pics done for my upcoming CD release in a few weeks,I will have a physique not that unlike the dudes in your port),ect....
Jjust have to apply  this theme to relationships,that I can meet and eventually marry someone I find stunningly atractive

Jul 31 09 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

SPierce Photography wrote:

No one's problems are ever less than significant of anyone elses. This thread is for everyone to share smile

Always good to see this thread bumped.  It's a very important one!

Jul 31 09 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

+100
My therapist turned my life completely around(err   I mean helped me turn my life around,you can take all the great  advice in the world,if you don't take the bull by the horn,trust what your therapist is telling you,and make the changes,therapy is useless)..
Her theme has been and still is"if you put your mind to it,you can acomplish it"
I've kinda been a poster child for this saying the past few years,from singlehandedly debunking the stereotype that all OTR truclers are morbidly obeese smelly uneducated losers(when in fact,when I get  my press pics done for my upcoming CD release in a few weeks,I will have a physique not that unlike the dudes in your port),ect....
Jjust have to apply  this theme to relationships,that I can meet and eventually marry someone I find stunningly atractive

Jul 31 09 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

I give up. sad

Jul 31 09 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

M. Wrath

New Haven, Connecticut, US

When it gets darkest you put one foot in front of the other and you keep your head up.
If you stumble reach out your hand there will be someone to grasp it, if only with their voice.
No one needs to carry a burden longer than they can. Set it down and let someone else carry it for awhile.
My family has a high percentage of manic depressives. I call it walking in shadows.
I have been fortunate so far, but its always in the back of my mind, when will I succumb?
Anyone wants to talk feel free I listen well.
And thank you to the OP and all who have listed resources here.

Jul 31 09 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

M. Wrath

New Haven, Connecticut, US

LeDeux Art wrote:

Jon i am around if you need to talk. I will pm my number to you just in case brother man.

Jul 31 09 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:
I give up. sad

why do you give up? you know better than that!

Jul 31 09 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:
I give up. sad

Why?  What's going on that would cause you to want to "give up?"

Come back and post some more, please? 
There are people who care here.

Jul 31 09 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

GlassHouse Photography

New York, New York, US

bump- no offense to the other thread starter, but it's a damn shame that the suicide prevention thread has about a sixth less of the responses in comparison to the music title thread.  People should all realize there are always other out there to help, so for that I bump this thread.

Jul 31 09 09:34 pm Link