miss you guys!

Hiya!!!!!

Miss you too! Hugzzzz

Apr 29 09 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Dee wrote:
Just checking in to say hi....still around mostly lurking in the shadows.....

Hey Dee.

Glad you came by to say HI. Hope all is going good for you and your family.

Take care.

Mike

Apr 29 09 03:36 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

Lawrence Guy wrote:

Let's all have a party!  I vote we all drive down to 'Tasha's house and camp out until she lets us in.  Then it's music and arythmic jerking motions that we'll call "dancing" until dawn!  After that we'll clean her house and paint her walls sky-blue.  It'll be great!

No booze.

If you guys just wanna come over and clean my house, that's cool too.

Apr 30 09 08:25 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Natasha240 wrote:

If you guys just wanna come over and clean my house, that's cool too.

Erp. Can we have the party after we clean it?

Apr 30 09 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

If anybody can explain to me why I'm awake right now I'd appreciate it.

May 01 09 05:55 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kayelless wrote:

'Cause you aren't asleep, silly. Or maybe you are, but you're just dreaming you're awake and sleep-walking, sleep-posting, sleep-whateverelseitisyourdoing.

May 01 09 08:01 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

Erp. Can we have the party after we clean it?

It would be smarter to have the party and THEN clean the house.

May 01 09 10:39 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Kayelless wrote:

1.  Something in your subconscious is nagging you.
2.  You're not tired.
3.  Caffeine.
4.  Amphetamines.
5.  You have turned into a super-hero who needs no sleep.
6.  Leaky faucet.
7.  Model Mayhem has finally taken over your mind completely.

May 01 09 10:42 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Lawrence Guy wrote:

It would be smarter to have the party and THEN clean the house.

It depends on how much you actually want to clean. smile

May 01 09 11:37 am Link

Model

Sadie Seuss

Saint Augustine, Florida, US

A while ago, I wrote on my stomach that I had finally realised I was considering suicide. I took a picture of it to remind myself, and forgot it was on my computer. Going through my pictures on my laptop with my boyfriend just now, I sped past it. He got mad because I was keeping secrets, and I told him if I admitted what it said, he'd understand why I didn't want him to know. He got pissed off and said he was leaving. As he was standing up, I blurted out, "It said I want to kill myself."

He stood there in the hall for two minutes. Didn't say anything. Didn't come over to me. Didn't try to understand it. He walked out without saying anything.

I'm not in a great place right now.

May 01 09 08:14 pm Link

Model

Jacinta C

Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia

Shelby Jane wrote:
A while ago, I wrote on my stomach that I had finally realised I was considering suicide. I took a picture of it to remind myself, and forgot it was on my computer. Going through my pictures on my laptop with my boyfriend just now, I sped past it. He got mad because I was keeping secrets, and I told him if I admitted what it said, he'd understand why I didn't want him to know. He got pissed off and said he was leaving. As he was standing up, I blurted out, "It said I want to kill myself."

He stood there in the hall for two minutes. Didn't say anything. Didn't come over to me. Didn't try to understand it. He walked out without saying anything.

Some people don't know how to deal with stuff like that. Some people think it's stupid, some just don't understand and others are scared. Sorry that your boyfriend is one of those people and I hope that he texts or calls you soon once he has had some time to absorb the information and think about it clearly.
Wishing you all the best xox

May 01 09 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Shelby Jane wrote:

I'm sorry that his reaction was quite the opposite of being supportive or comforting to you.  Please try to understand that his lack of a response is not your fault.  Being told suddenly that the person you love had been suicidal by accident like that is unexpected.  I don't believe that it's not that he didn't try to understand it ...

It's quite possible that he emotionally froze at that moment because he could not think what to say or do.  Men (like myself) tend to want to "fix" things, and when presented with an emotional issue that we can't "fix" ... well you get the picture! 

Many years ago, a friend of mine from high school committed suicide.  It came as quite a shock to me because I thought she was doing well.  As a result of that loss, I became a volunteer for the suicide hotline and have had some training in suicide and crisis intervention. 

I would not walk away from you!  I would get you talking about your feelings and offer a hug if it seemed appropriate.  Most importantly, I would keep you talking for the obvious reason that communication helps!   When ever I get a bit down in the dumps, I find writing or talking with a friend helps me. 

However, that is me, NOT your boyfriend, and he is not to be blamed for his reaction.  He is probably young like you, and has not experienced situations like what happened when you blurted out what it said on your stomach.  Please forgive him for his lack of a comforting reaction towards you at that moment. 

Today, I hope you feel better.  Tomorrow is a new day!  There will be changes as every day is a new opportunity to have a better day.  You can feel hurt or awful right now, but you can get help.  You can make some choices that will help you get better. 

I do understand feeling depressed.  I can listen to you and help you.  However, I have a little joke as to why I wont commit suicide.  It is the same reason that I wont get a tattoo ... it's permanent, and if I change my mind, or if I make a mistake, there's no going back!   Live is a precious gift!  Enjoy it!

Best wishes!

May 01 09 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Jacinta85 wrote:

Some people don't know how to deal with stuff like that. Some people think it's stupid, some just don't understand and others are scared. Sorry that your boyfriend is one of those people and I hope that he texts or calls you soon once he has had some time to absorb the information and think about it clearly.
Wishing you all the best xox

X2

May 01 09 10:37 pm Link

Model

Sadie Seuss

Saint Augustine, Florida, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
I'm sorry that his reaction was quite the opposite of being supportive or comforting to you.  Please try to understand that his lack of a response is not your fault.  Being told suddenly that the person you love had been suicidal by accident like that is unexpected.  I don't believe that it's not that he didn't try to understand it ...

It's quite possible that he emotionally froze at that moment because he could not think what to say or do.  Men (like myself) tend to want to "fix" things, and when presented with an emotional issue that we can't "fix" ... well you get the picture! 

Many years ago, a friend of mine from high school committed suicide.  It came as quite a shock to me because I thought she was doing well.  As a result of that loss, I became a volunteer for the suicide hotline and have had some training in suicide and crisis intervention. 

I would not walk away from you!  I would get you talking about your feelings and offer a hug if it seemed appropriate.  Most importantly, I would keep you talking for the obvious reason that communication helps!   When ever I get a bit down in the dumps, I find writing or talking with a friend helps me. 

However, that is me, NOT your boyfriend, and he is not to be blamed for his reaction.  He is probably young like you, and has not experienced situations like what happened when you blurted out what it said on your stomach.  Please forgive him for his lack of a comforting reaction towards you at that moment. 

Today, I hope you feel better.  Tomorrow is a new day!  There will be changes as every day is a new opportunity to have a better day.  You can feel hurt or awful right now, but you can get help.  You can make some choices that will help you get better. 

I do understand feeling depressed.  I can listen to you and help you.  However, I have a little joke as to why I wont commit suicide.  It is the same reason that I wont get a tattoo ... it's permanent, and if I change my mind, or if I make a mistake, there's no going back!   Live is a precious gift!  Enjoy it!

Best wishes!

I am doing better, thanks everyone smile He came back about ten minutes after I posted that (never really left, sat in his car for a bit thinking) and sat down. I tried to kick him out (oh, vindictiveness), but he just waited, and eventually sat next to me and held me for a little while.
He said that he couldn't understand why I would want to keep that to myself, so I know he doesn't get that I feel ashamed of this and I feel weak for it. But he also said that he wanted to know these things, and not to let myself feel so bad or keep it to myself, since he wants to help me.
I'm really glad that I have him to listen to me, and I AM glad that he knows now. This is the only way I'm going to be able to get in-my-life support easily, I think.
And it's also helping because now he's considering my motives for things a lot more deeply. Thank god.

May 01 09 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Shelby Jane wrote:

I am doing better, thanks everyone smile He came back about ten minutes after I posted that (never really left, sat in his car for a bit thinking) and sat down. I tried to kick him out (oh, vindictiveness), but he just waited, and eventually sat next to me and held me for a little while.
He said that he couldn't understand why I would want to keep that to myself, so I know he doesn't get that I feel ashamed of this and I feel weak for it. But he also said that he wanted to know these things, and not to let myself feel so bad or keep it to myself, since he wants to help me.
I'm really glad that I have him to listen to me, and I AM glad that he knows now. This is the only way I'm going to be able to get in-my-life support easily, I think.
And it's also helping because now he's considering my motives for things a lot more deeply. Thank god.

That is wonderful news!  big_smile

So you were feeling ashamed about your being depressed and thinking about suicide?   That is something to examine, but perhaps the feeling of shame is the safety valve that kept you from doing it in the first place? 

Come back and visit this thread again sometime. 

Have a nice weekend!

May 01 09 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Shelby Jane wrote:

This is good. He took the time to think and evaluate the situation before reacting. He will be your emotional rock.

I'm glad it worked out.

May 02 09 02:48 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Shelby Jane wrote:

Sounds like you have a first-class boyfriend there.  True, he reacted badly at first, but he pulled himself together and came back to give you the support you need.  The first part I expect from most people; the second part, not so much.  Many people think that depression and suicide are "pretend" illnesses, histrionics, demands for attention, or "all in your head" (well, of COURSE it's all in our heads - that doesn't make it less real!).  Only a few people realize that it might be something they don't understand.

Realize that there is one danger here.  He will do his best to understand how you feel, but in the end he will never TRULY understand, because he would have to experience the same emotional turmoil in order to really comprehend.  I've found that at a certain point you just have to tell a person to accept that what you're saying as true, and not try to understand it.  Let him know that he can't solve your problems, but he can support you while you seek professional help.

May 02 09 06:30 am Link

Model

Little Miss Allie

Urbana, Illinois, US

So, here's my life lately:

A nearly $3000 trip to the ER for some as yet unexplained abdominal issues which make it nearly impossible to eat anything.

The ex and I are no longer friends because upon telling him of my plans to go back to dating women he asked how I could "go so wrong when we had the perfect relationship. Why would you want to hurt me like that?"...like being bisexual is a fucking DISEASE or disorder designed to simply hurt him. *sigh*

I haven't been able to afford to go see my family in months, and I really just want a hug from my mother

Yeah...just really exhausted by everything

May 02 09 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Lawrence Guy wrote:

Sounds like you have a first-class boyfriend there.  True, he reacted badly at first, but he pulled himself together and came back to give you the support you need.  The first part I expect from most people; the second part, not so much.  Many people think that depression and suicide are "pretend" illnesses, histrionics, demands for attention, or "all in your head" (well, of COURSE it's all in our heads - that doesn't make it less real!).  Only a few people realize that it might be something they don't understand.

Realize that there is one danger here.  He will do his best to understand how you feel, but in the end he will never TRULY understand, because he would have to experience the same emotional turmoil in order to really comprehend.  I've found that at a certain point you just have to tell a person to accept that what you're saying as true, and not try to understand it.  Let him know that he can't solve your problems, but he can support you while you seek professional help.

Yes, it seems to have worked out for the best.  I knew a couple who split on Valentines Day.  The guy was a buddy of mine, and he was talking about "ending it."  So I kept him on the phone for a couple hours until I was convinced he was not going to hurt himself.  I kept telling him that things can change quickly ... he was sitting in a motel room thinking about how he had lost his job, his apartment, his truck broke down and his girlfriend walked out on him.   How much more does one need to happen? 

Well He called me the next day.  His girlfriend had came back that night, and he got a job the next day in sales that provided him with a car!  (This was in the 1990's while Bill Clinton was President when sometimes such things did turn around that fast.)   He thanked me because I helped him not to do something that he would never have come back from.  As long as there is life, there is hope. 

As for having to be suicidal to truly understand and help others who are, I disagree.  One does not have to have attempted suicide to help prevent others who might make such an attempt.  It's like a disease.  One does not have to be infected with cancer to help someone who is.  One does not have to be addicted to drugs or alcohol to help someone who is.  It is not necessary to have suffered the same, but if one has had such an experience to draw from, they can be more personally understanding and compassionate.

May 02 09 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Little Miss Allie wrote:
So, here's my life lately:

A nearly $3000 trip to the ER for some as yet unexplained abdominal issues which make it nearly impossible to eat anything.

The ex and I are no longer friends because upon telling him of my plans to go back to dating women he asked how I could "go so wrong when we had the perfect relationship. Why would you want to hurt me like that?"...like being bisexual is a fucking DISEASE or disorder designed to simply hurt him. *sigh*

I haven't been able to afford to go see my family in months, and I really just want a hug from my mother

Yeah...just really exhausted by everything

I'm so sorry you've been going through such a difficult time! 
Where is your family?  I'll write to you in a pm.

May 02 09 10:14 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Ah, just need to vent!  This thread is making me so MAD

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=445576

I'm shaking with rage here at the judgementalness of it. It only furthers the stigma that comes with mental illness, and sometimes stops people from getting help. AGHHHH

May 04 09 05:59 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:

I'm shaking with rage here at the judgementalness of it. It only furthers the stigma that comes with mental illness, and sometimes stops people from getting help. AGHHHH

I kind of stayed away for that reason.  Being judgmental is human nature as it is, but in the virtual world of the world wide internet folks tend to be unrestrained at how they address things. Words of ignorance and speeches which required a few moments more thought before being made come out in unedited "draft" versions.

It just sucks and I can understand why you're upset over it.  This is the kindling I use to fuel my art.  I want it to make a statement.  I want it to make someone pause and think.  And it's in my art that I provide my response to these pains.

May 04 09 07:07 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Natasha240 wrote:

Yeah.  I can't believe the responses on that thread.  One guy actually emailed me and said "I'll take you out in the street and fuck you."  Then he blocked me, the coward.

I just posted a long rant there.  Probably will only make things worse.

May 04 09 07:37 am Link

Model

Industrielle

Los Angeles, California, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:

Yeah.  I can't believe the responses on that thread.  One guy actually emailed me and said "I'll take you out in the street and fuck you."  Then he blocked me, the coward.

It made things better for me. I relate, I agree, and you sound like you know your shit. smile

Really? "I'll take you out in the street and fuck you."?  If its the person I think it was that is truly pathetic...  Plus, if he really wants to shag you, why not ask you out properly?  Just kidding... I just think its a dumb thing to say.

Sorry you had to take that aggressive reaction for saying something that seemed obvious to me as well.
x x

May 04 09 08:15 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:

I'm going to applaud and cheer for you here 'cause I think thread should die.  Love what you said.

May 04 09 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Industrielle wrote:

Really? "I'll take you out in the street and fuck you."?  If its the person I think it was that is truly pathetic...  Plus, if he really wants to shag you, why not ask you out properly?  Just kidding... I just think its a dumb thing to say.

Yeah.  He didn't even offer me a reach-around tongue

May 04 09 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Kayelless wrote:
I'm going to applaud and cheer for you here 'cause I think thread should die.  Love what you said.

Thanks, I appreciate it.  And I think you're the smartest one of us for avoiding that thread entirely.  Not that we're any slouches, of course.

May 04 09 11:37 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Lawrence Guy wrote:

Jackasses. How very mature.

May 04 09 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Andy Durazo

Los Angeles, California, US

Think it's time for me to go.

hmm

May 04 09 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

huggs for my threadmates.  we do help each other.  just knowin' y'all are around is a big lift to me.

Edit: also.. https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=446132

gonna be a tough week.

May 04 09 07:37 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Kayelless wrote:
huggs for my threadmates.  we do help each other.  just knowin' y'all are around is a big lift to me.

gonna be a tough week.

::hugs::::

May 05 09 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Kas_

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

*needs hugs*

May 05 09 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Kas_ wrote:
*needs hugs*

*teh huggles*
*thread huggles*
i'm nervy about putting my work up for sale, wish me luck!

EDIT:  I just noticed you're in Kelowna Kas!  I'm in New Westminster big_smile

May 05 09 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Natasha240 wrote:

Jackasses. How very mature.

I'd end up in the brig if I went in that thread.

Especially with the way I'm feeling right now.

May 05 09 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kayelless wrote:

gonna be a tough week.

I'm here for you too, Kev.

May 05 09 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kas_ wrote:
*needs hugs*

Hugs to you too.

May 05 09 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Dannielle Levan wrote:

*teh huggles*
*thread huggles*
i'm nervy about putting my work up for sale, wish me luck!

EDIT:  I just noticed you're in Kelowna Kas!  I'm in New Westminster big_smile

Good luck, Danielle. smile You'll be fine.

May 05 09 04:34 pm Link

Model

Pathogenic Confessions

Racine, Minnesota, US

I can't get a productive sleep for the life of me.
I have so much built up anxiety and stress it is unbelievable.

I just want to reach the REM cycle for one night

May 06 09 07:50 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Pathogenic Confessions wrote:
I can't get a productive sleep for the life of me.
I have so much built up anxiety and stress it is unbelievable.

I just want to reach the REM cycle for one night

One of the things I always do to try and get to sleep is I just make up stories in my head.  I usually think of good things or future events that I believe will come to pass.  I just focus on those until I fall asleep.  Sometimes doesn't work.  Most of the time it does.

May 06 09 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Okay, having this thread on page 5 is just wrong.

May 08 09 07:33 am Link