Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Paul Bryson Photography wrote:

Welcome to the REAL Mayhem! big_smile

And you also have my support. Depression sucks. I was actually in a deep funk a couple weeks ago; but fortunately had a couple local friends to help pull me through.

smile

Apr 12 09 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Kelly Kooper wrote:
This subject has been an ongoing issue in my life also - it' wonderful to see so much support and concern from likeminded people. One day they'll discover why creative people are more prone to anxiety and depression that the 'left brain' people but either way, I suppose it is just our personal battle to fight. Everyone has a different challenge in their life and I can accept that this is mine.

I've found comfort in researching and learning as much about it as I can. The most scared I've ever been is in situations where I haven't known anything or as much as I could have to make an informed decision about my next move. Reach out when you need to, learn as much as you can about your personal issue and find a role model in your life, someone who inspires and motivates you.

Anything is possible in the right frame of mind.

smile hienvy

Apr 12 09 07:36 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

i feel good

Apr 12 09 08:01 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

the cloud is lifting

Apr 12 09 08:03 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

LeDeux Art wrote:
i feel good

LeDeux Art wrote:
the cloud is lifting

for a minute there I thought you was breakin' into a James Brown song, but it's still much good news. smile hienvy

Apr 12 09 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kelly Kooper wrote:
This subject has been an ongoing issue in my life also - it' wonderful to see so much support and concern from likeminded people. One day they'll discover why creative people are more prone to anxiety and depression that the 'left brain' people but either way, I suppose it is just our personal battle to fight. Everyone has a different challenge in their life and I can accept that this is mine.

I've found comfort in researching and learning as much about it as I can. The most scared I've ever been is in situations where I haven't known anything or as much as I could have to make an informed decision about my next move. Reach out when you need to, learn as much as you can about your personal issue and find a role model in your life, someone who inspires and motivates you.

Anything is possible in the right frame of mind.

I have my theories about this one.

I split the mind up into 4 areas: Conscious (green), Logical (red), Imaginative (blue) and Unconscious (black). The white would represent creativity which is a mix of the conscious mind, logical thinking, and imagination. The closer you get to white, the closer you also get to the gray/black.

This would be an "average" person
https://www.nunuvyer.biz/miscimages/MindN.jpg

This would be someone with a scientific/logical mindset
https://www.nunuvyer.biz/miscimages/MindS.jpg

This would be someone with a great imagination
https://www.nunuvyer.biz/miscimages/MindI.jpg

And this would be someone who is very creative
https://www.nunuvyer.biz/miscimages/MindC.jpg

Granted, I haven't really thought the whole thing out, but during my musings over this topic this is what I came up with.

Apr 12 09 08:22 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

LeDeux Art wrote:
i feel good

LeDeux Art wrote:
the cloud is lifting

YAAAAAAAAAY big_smile

Apr 12 09 08:23 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

Dee wrote:
SHE KEEPS ME GOING!!!!!!!!!! CONCENTRATING ON HER IS MAKING LIFE BETTER!!!!

https://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/109/l_2302d182c0db40aeb24d8b2e74fab5b1.jpg

Oh my gosh she's adorable!

Apr 12 09 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Pathogenic Confessions wrote:

I haven't modeled in like 2 years. Since the I have recovered from an eating disorder and put on 30 pounds.
I used to be nervous before, when I looked a ton better, now I'm hella nervous.

Don't worry- be confident and rock it!

Apr 12 09 07:20 pm Link

Model

Pathogenic Confessions

Racine, Minnesota, US

SPierce Photography wrote:

Don't worry- be confident and rock it!

I keep telling myself 'what is the worse that could happen'?

Apr 12 09 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

I keep telling myself 'what is the worse that could happen'?

The worst? That instead of getting all awesome images, you get a couple that are just great instead.

Apr 13 09 05:02 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

bump

Apr 14 09 02:35 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Just breezing by to say "Hi, guys," pick up chicks, and remind you to get your iron by chewing nails.

/Rev, zooooom

Apr 14 09 07:43 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:
Just breezing by to say "Hi, guys," pick up chicks, and remind you to get your iron by chewing nails.

/Rev, zooooom

Thanks for the drive-by greeting. smile

Apr 14 09 07:49 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:
bump

Thanks so much for all you do, Mike.  You're awesome!

Apr 15 09 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kayelless wrote:

Thanks so much for all you do, Mike.  You're awesome!

Said the pot to the kettle. tongue

Thank you too, Kevin.

Apr 15 09 05:38 pm Link

Model

Pathogenic Confessions

Racine, Minnesota, US

*breath*

That is all I need to do. Breath!

Apr 15 09 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

*breath*

That is all I need to do. Breath!

Yes. Breathe. I really wish I knew more about what you're going through or had a doctor friend who would not give up until the problem was solved.

I'm sorry.

Apr 15 09 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Angel Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

...someone once told me that depression is just anger without the enthusiasm...

...I have no hate nor anger for anyone except myself, so it is moot...

...I brought this down upon myself, and I am paying the consequecnes...

...or maybe it's karma getting me back for my past.?...

...my fate where there is no fate...

Apr 15 09 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Dark Angel Photography wrote:

...I have no hate nor anger for anyone except myself, so it is moot...

...I brought this down upon myself, and I am paying the consequecnes...

...or maybe it's karma getting me back for my past.?...

...my fate where there is no fate...

Interesting way to describe it. I think of it more as anger turned inward. It's relation to karma is that it's only a symptom of the karmic problem.

So how are you?

Apr 16 09 05:46 am Link

Photographer

Dark Angel Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Interesting way to describe it. I think of it more as anger turned inward. It's relation to karma is that it's only a symptom of the karmic problem.

So how are you?

...how am I is an understatemant...

...where am I cannot be answered...

...what am I is unidentifyable...

...and when am I goning to feel better has no answer...

I'm hitting on almost two months of an all time low with bouts of self-destructiveness tearing me apart...

If that doesn't answer some kind of question as to "how I am", then I might as well just stop posting now...

Apr 16 09 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I'm hitting on almost two months of an all time low with bouts of self-destructiveness tearing me apart...

If that doesn't answer some kind of question as to "how I am", then I might as well just stop posting now...

do you want to come out of this low or are you more comfortable holding onto it as it's the only feeling you can find at the moment?

Apr 16 09 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Angel Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

...MAD LOVE...

Are you sad, are you mad, are you raging?
Are you locked up in a cage and slowly aging?
Are you crying are you dieing, are you wishing, are you even there, some where in your body can you care?
Are you laughing, are you scoffing, are you killing, are you maiming, are you pushing me down, roughly forcing me into the ground while your blaming?
Are you murdering, are you fighting, I have teeth marks from your biting.
Are you crying?
Are you begging, is you soul slowly fading…in your heart what are you hating?
Are you screaming in my face, are you gleaming in that grace?
Are you crazy?
Are you dieing, do you know that you are lying?
Is insanity a ploy, am I nothing but a toy?
Can you see me, can you feel me?
Do you think that you might kill me?
When you kiss me do you miss me, do you think you might hurt me?
Is it painful and disdainful to think that you might love me?
Do you wish that you could hold me?
Not just look at me and scold me?
Aren’t you happy with me now, you made and you molded me, you corrupted and destroyed me.
I am crying and I’m dieing,
I’m wishing you could miss me, that just once more you would kiss me.
Are you breaking my heart, and pulling me apart?
Do you know that I am crying that I’m sobbing and I’m fading that my heart is slowly dieing?
Do you love me just a little?
Might you miss me just tad, if you killed me could you feel just slightly bad?
Do you know that I love and I miss you?
That I’d kill and maim for you, I’d take all the blame for you.
Can you love me, can you care?
Is there a heart somewhere in there?
Do you listen when I say I love you?
Do you understand why I hold you tight?
Do you like it when I long to kiss you goodnight?
Do you know I’m under your thumb?
Do you know you’re the reason I play dumb?
Do you know that I’m there…?
Are you pushing me away because you hate me?
Are you treating me so coldly and ignoring me so boldly to irate me?
Are you telling me you love and then acting like you hate me just so I can suffer, do you think that you are tougher?
That no one can ever love you?
Is there laughter all above you?
Is it driving you mad?
I am yours to be pained, and to suffer, because I love you like no other.
But do you really think it’s right to always start a fight, and beat me down into the ground, because I’ll always around?
Do you really think it’s fair to abuse me, and to use me, just because I love you, and because I’m always there?
Are you sad, are you mad, raging?
Do you think that I might leave you or that I could deceive you?
Do you think I want to lock you up and keep you all for myself?
Do you think that I am crazy that I’d hurt you if you stayed?
Do you think that I think you obeyed?
I know that you are hurting, that your really falling down, that your so lost and alone and you aching.
Therefore I know that you are taking, you pillaging and slaying, you are spiteful and betraying.
Yet you sound so sweet to me,
even when your beating me and constantly mistreating me, deep down inside I know that you love me.
That you put no one above me, and your pushing me away so not to beat me and to slap me, so that you won’t pop a cap in me
I can feel you hurting me and killing me, but I know that you are trying, even though you leave me crying and now you hardly care and notice that I’m there.
I wouldn’t stay, but I know that you are dieing. I can look at you and see that you badly do need me, even when your cursing me and killing me, when you are harassing and so cruel.
I can see right through you. I know that you are mean and your trying hard to be, I feel that you don’t like me and wishing I would go away.
Is that how you feel?
Do you want me dead?
Or do you love me?
Do you remember when you held me, and stroked my hair and kissed me?
Do you think that you might miss me?
Why are you running?
Why do you hide?
Why don’t you think that I’m not still on your side?
Why can’t you see, it’s you and me, and that I love you still?
Why don’t you know you were never just a thrill?
Because I’d die for you, and I all to often lie for you, because I kill for you…because my soul has grown ill for you.
Do you know that I’m dead because of you?
And destroyed is the life that I once lead because of you.
Are you breathing?
Can you hear?
Are you running because of what you fear?
Are you scared that you might love me?
That you might want told hold me, and you feel bad for how you molded me?
Does is frighten you?
Are you worried that I could enlighten you?
Why are you running?
Why won’t you let me kiss away the tears that you are crying?
Why do I look at you and know that we dieing?
Why are you hurting me?
Why are you lying?

...(M)...

Apr 16 09 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

A lot of what I see in you reminds me of how I was in 1995.  The pain is louder than a jet at take off.
I feel ya.

Apr 16 09 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

One of my therapists said that depression is anger at loss.  Obviously not the whole story, but it was like cold water in my face when he said it to me (I was lying on a gurney in the hospital at the time).  I can't describe how it transformed the way I thought about my depression - to think that somewhere behind it all there might be a feeling that somehow I've been robbed of something I deserve, and I might have been complicit in the robbery.

I can't clearly say where that idea has led me, but I know it's close to the center of my coping methods.  Don't dwell on loss, and don't cause loss.  And when you do feel angry, figure out why.

Apr 16 09 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Apr 16 09 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Don't stop posting.  I know *exactly* how you are, because that's where I was exactly one year ago (although I was coming up on the five-month mark of my MDE and entering into an acute crisis).  I was all over the fucking place because of my anxiety disorder, and all I was headed was downhill.  Ended up in the Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation Program at Westchester Medical Center for five days.  Nice place, they confiscated my belt and shoelaces, kept me behind two locked doors, and checked my room every half hour while I slept.  They also saved my life and gave me a new one as a bonus, so I forgive them.  I don't forgive their kitchen, however.

If you aren't getting professional help, get it.  If you are getting help, tell your therapist and/or psychiatrist that things aren't working. Call for help if things get dire, even if you think it's a waste of time.

Apr 16 09 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Much love to you, Guy.  Your support is awesome.

Apr 16 09 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Kayelless wrote:
Much love to you, Guy.  Your support is awesome.

Thanks, I felt the need to come back.  Gotta read up on the new faces here, though, as I made one post that was off-target.

Apr 16 09 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Natasha240 wrote:
Well, I can only speak for myself. I don't come here as much because as I said earlier, I've given up, and I don't think that will be supportive to others who are going through it, but still have hope.

It was only after I fully gave up that I discovered that I was a blank slate, ready to be written anew.  You've only discovered that the road you've been on doesn't lead where you want to go.  Reinvent yourself.

And if you're truly marking time, do it literally.  Get a sheet of paper and put one mark on it every day.  Eventually you'll get fed up with it and find something interesting to do.

You've posted here long enough, and I've spoken to you enough, to know that there's a person inside you who wants to come out and do more than "mark time."  Figure out what's holding that person back.

Just because you say you've given up, doesn't mean you can't change your mind.

Disclaimer: The comments I have made have been pulled straight out of my ass and may be completely idiotic.  However, a little bit of idiocy is more interesting than watching the paint fade on your walls.  I am not your doctor, just a sympathetic pseudo-friend.

Apr 16 09 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:

It was only after I fully gave up that I discovered that I was a blank slate, ready to be written anew.  You've only discovered that the road you've been on doesn't lead where you want to go.  Reinvent yourself.

And if you're truly marking time, do it literally.  Get a sheet of paper and put one mark on it every day.  Eventually you'll get fed up with it and find something interesting to do.

You've posted here long enough, and I've spoken to you enough, to know that there's a person inside you who wants to come out and do more than "mark time."  Figure out what's holding that person back.

Disclaimer: The comments I have made have been pulled straight out of my ass and may be completely idiotic.  However, a little bit of idiocy is more interesting than watching the paint fade on your walls.  I am not your doctor, just a sympathetic pseudo-friend.

I love this.

Apr 16 09 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:

I love this. See how much I do?

Apr 16 09 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Bump bump grind.

Apr 17 09 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Lawrence Guy wrote:
Bump bump grind.

*Snappin' fingers* You go, Guy!!!

Apr 17 09 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

How's everyone hanging in there today?

Apr 17 09 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

SPierce Photography wrote:
How's everyone hanging in there today?

Ut oh....I see a new avatar.....

Apr 17 09 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Ut oh....I see a new avatar.....

Yeah. I couldn't resist. smile ShivaLove and I went out to shoot yesterday smile

why?

Apr 17 09 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

So normal life is treating me well, but abnormal things are creeping in.  I'm currently sick to my stomach because a guy who's a customer of mine (just got off the phone with him) is basically a creep, probably of the organized crime variety, and he wants to be my friend and do photo shoots with me.  Stuff with old mattresses in boiler rooms.  Strippers.  He said he could hook me up with some ladies who give great blowjobs.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, to think that everyone has redeeming qualities, but that doesn't mean I want to be their pals.  I'm either going to go to sleep now or throw up.

Lot's of people take wrong turns in life.  Why do some of them have to turn into my driveway?

I just keep telling myself, different strokes for different folks.  God help me.

And maybe he isn't a creep, but just talks like one.  Makes me think of that saying about ducks, walking like 'em and quackin' like 'em.

I have a headache.

Apr 17 09 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Lawrence Guy wrote:
So normal life is treating me well, but abnormal things are creeping in.  I'm currently sick to my stomach because a guy who's a customer of mine (just got off the phone with him) is basically a creep, probably of the organized crime variety, and he wants to be my friend and do photo shoots with me.  Stuff with old mattresses in boiler rooms.  Strippers.  He said he could hook me up with some ladies who give great blowjobs.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, to think that everyone has redeeming qualities, but that doesn't mean I want to be their pals.  I'm either going to go to sleep now or throw up.

Lot's of people take wrong turns in life.  Why do some of them have to turn into my driveway?

I just keep telling myself, different strokes for different folks.  God help me.

And maybe he isn't a creep, but just talks like one.  Makes me think of that saying about ducks, walking like 'em and quackin' like 'em.

I have a headache.

Thats really creepy. However, i'm (usually) of the belief that we meet people we're meant to meet, if that makes any sense. Maybe you're meant to help him in a strange way?

Apr 17 09 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Lawrence Guy wrote:

I have a headache.

WOW! I don't even know what to say. I hope he isn't a creep. Hopefully just all talk.

Apr 17 09 07:32 pm Link