Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

SPierce Photography wrote:

At least you got a slave out of it! Can you call the game/credit card company and fix it?

I made him do it. No luck. I didn't expect a refund....they have a no refund policy. Google Checkout won't get involved unless I want to press charges. That would just cost me more money in fines for him, etc. LOL. Like I want that.

Mar 07 09 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

I made him do it. No luck. I didn't expect a refund....they have a no refund policy. Google Checkout won't get involved unless I want to press charges. That would just cost me more money in fines for him, etc. LOL. Like I want that.

Well, looks like your son owes you 275 smile

Mar 07 09 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Yep, and at child labor rates for family owned businesses, that comes out to about 90 hours of work.

Mar 07 09 06:47 pm Link

Model

Sombra

Dallas, Texas, US

I would recommend Touched with Fire: Manic Depressive Illness & the Artistic Temperament by Kay Redfield Jamisen to those who might want to know more about the relation between creativity and manic depression.

http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Fire-Mani … 068483183X

Mar 07 09 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

THATS horrible! Can you go to a different doctor? I would go straight to her boss and complain!

Yeah, i was kinda peeved when i came out.  The rest of the staff were lovely though!  I have a feeling she treated me like that because of my *alternate* appearance but it's not an excuse in any case!

Mar 07 09 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

LaRana wrote:
I would recommend Touched with Fire: Manic Depressive Illness & the Artistic Temperament by Kay Redfield Jamisen to those who might want to know more about the relation between creativity and manic depression.

http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Fire-Mani … 068483183X

ty

Mar 07 09 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Dannielle Levan wrote:

Yeah, i was kinda peeved when i came out.  The rest of the staff were lovely though!  I have a feeling she treated me like that because of my *alternate* appearance but it's not an excuse in any case!

well come on to this table and share a joke or two.  We're building a unified fighting machine here.

Mar 07 09 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Dannielle Levan wrote:

Don't let her stress you out. Just stare at her and kindly request a different nurse. She might take offense, but she'll get the point. I can't believe she would do that! As long as the rest of the staff got you taken care of, thats very important.

Mar 07 09 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

I just looked at my Google Checkout account.....there's another $110 he didn't tell me about. GRRRRRRRRRRR

This is stressful and depressing. I'm definitely not happy. You guys can laugh, though. That won't bother me. smile

Mar 07 09 07:10 pm Link

Model

Feral Oneiric

Portland, Oregon, US

I just looked at my Google Checkout account.....there's another $110 he didn't tell me about. GRRRRRRRRRRR

This is stressful and depressing. I'm definitely not happy. You guys can laugh, though. That won't bother me. smile

Damn!
How old is he?

Mar 07 09 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

I would whip his ass into the next millennium! Take everything away from him for the next 3 months- videogames, phone, tv, EVERYTHING.

Mar 07 09 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Don't let her stress you out. Just stare at her and kindly request a different nurse. She might take offense, but she'll get the point. I can't believe she would do that! As long as the rest of the staff got you taken care of, thats very important.

Yeah, it was only her and another doc on duty.  I actually prefer male doctors as they tend to be less bitchy when they're in a bad mood >_>

Mar 07 09 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Dannielle Levan wrote:

Yeah, it was only her and another doc on duty.  I actually prefer male doctors as they tend to be less bitchy when they're in a bad mood >_>

You know, I tend to notice that too. I feel more comfortable with a male doctor than a female, perhaps because i feel less like the male is judging me while i'm talking. I'm glad you got taken care of though. Is it your regular office?

Mar 07 09 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

You know, I tend to notice that too. I feel more comfortable with a male doctor than a female, perhaps because i feel less like the male is judging me while i'm talking. I'm glad you got taken care of though. Is it your regular office?

No, i've been in Canada two years but we don't have a regular doc as we keep moving.

Mar 07 09 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Dannielle Levan wrote:

No, i've been in Canada two years but we don't have a regular doc as we keep moving.

Oohhhh, I hope you're able to find one soon!

Mar 07 09 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Oohhhh, I hope you're able to find one soon!

Likewise.  I miss my one in Australia.  He was a little old Chinese dude who was older than the hills!

Mar 07 09 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Dannielle Levan wrote:

Likewise.  I miss my one in Australia.  He was a little old Chinese dude who was older than the hills!

Awww! Well, are you feeling a little better now then ?

Mar 07 09 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Awww! Well, are you feeling a little better now then ?

Yeah, it was mostly cos my panic attacks had increased because my dad was in hospital.

Mar 07 09 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Feral Oneiric wrote:

Damn!
How old is he?

He's 16. Not sure he'll make 17.

Mar 08 09 01:51 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

I would whip his ass into the next millennium! Take everything away from him for the next 3 months- videogames, phone, tv, EVERYTHING.

I thought about that. He has a chance, though. With spring and summer coming up, I'd like to concentrate as much as possible on my photography. He can take care of everything else that I normally do around the house. We'll see how that works. If it doesn't, I can always take stuff away later. I know that works. Done it before.

Mar 08 09 01:53 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Dannielle Levan wrote:

Yeah, it was mostly cos my panic attacks had increased because my dad was in hospital.

I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. I wish there was something I could do for you.

Mar 08 09 01:56 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

How's everyone doing?

Me, not so good today. Just when you think things are going good, something comes along and knocks you back down.

Mar 10 09 05:35 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

How's everyone doing?

Me, not so good today. Just when you think things are going good, something comes along and knocks you back down.

Took a few good punches, eh?  Man you know that old boy ain't gonna back off.  Counter punch and show 'em your fancy foot work.. then sting like a bee! smile

Mar 10 09 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

I'm trying to figure out how to get myself and anna evans into the abandoned Taunton State Mental Hospital...

How's everyone doing?

*hugs* Hang in there! Neither of us can give up until we get things settled on all accounts wink

Mar 10 09 06:48 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kayelless wrote:

Took a few good punches, eh?  Man you know that old boy ain't gonna back off.  Counter punch and show 'em your fancy foot work.. then sting like a bee! smile

Few punches, yeah. I think I'll get through this.

Apparently the school district now feels they need to put their weight on me. They filed a complaint with the magistrate about my son's "illegal absences". He handed in excuses for each day listed. I got no prior notice of these alleged "illegal absences" as required by law in a certified letter. So now I get to take a day off work that I can't really afford to go argue with a bunch of power-tripping control freaks and tell them how wrong they are and how they aren't following the same law they are accusing me of breaking. Or, I can plead guilty and pay the fines assessed at $300 per day of absence plus court costs.

What would you do?

Mar 10 09 07:17 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Few punches, yeah. I think I'll get through this.

Apparently the school district now feels they need to put their weight on me. They filed a complaint with the magistrate about my son's "illegal absences". He handed in excuses for each day listed. I got no prior notice of these alleged "illegal absences" as required by law in a certified letter. So now I get to take a day off work that I can't really afford to go argue with a bunch of power-tripping control freaks and tell them how wrong they are and how they aren't following the same law they are accusing me of breaking. Or, I can plead guilty and pay the fines assessed at $300 per day of absence plus court costs.

What would you do?

was it him making up reasons, or were they valid for being sick, etc? fight it!

Mar 10 09 07:20 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

was it him making up reasons, or were they valid for being sick, etc? fight it!

He was sick. He was kept home with my full knowledge and I sent in an excuse with him on each occasion. He handed in each excuse. Now they are claiming these as illegal.

I went round and round with the school district 2 years ago over the same stuff. My son was actually skipping school that time and I admitted it. I paid the fine. That was it. Then he was absent again and I took him to the doctor, got a doctor's note, and had my dad hand deliver the doctor's note to the school. They claimed that one as illegal also until I showed up in court and proved them wrong. Their sloppy record-keeping shouldn't cause me grief. It's the same in this case. My son said when he hands the excuse to the lady in the office, she just tosses it off to the side.

So, we'll see.

Mar 10 09 07:27 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

He was sick. He was kept home with my full knowledge and I sent in an excuse with him on each occasion. He handed in each excuse. Now they are claiming these as illegal.

I went round and round with the school district 2 years ago over the same stuff. My son was actually skipping school that time and I admitted it. I paid the fine. That was it. Then he was absent again and I took him to the doctor, got a doctor's note, and had my dad hand deliver the doctor's note to the school. They claimed that one as illegal also until I showed up in court and proved them wrong. Their sloppy record-keeping shouldn't cause me grief. It's the same in this case. My son said when he hands the excuse to the lady in the office, she just tosses it off to the side.

So, we'll see.

Fight it, then! Don't give in, if the school district's being an ass about it

Mar 10 09 07:41 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Fight it, then! Don't give in, if the school district's being an ass about it

Of course. The school district doesn't scare me. Maybe this time I'll file a counter-complaint since they seem to disregard the law they accuse me of breaking. That'll be fun. Well worth the court filing costs I think. I'm sure it doesn't only happen to me. I've heard other parents complain about stuff from this district too.

Mar 10 09 09:52 am Link

Model

Feral Oneiric

Portland, Oregon, US

Is this a public school or a private one?

Mar 10 09 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Feral Oneiric wrote:
Is this a public school or a private one?

Public

They fall under the state school codes of which I'm being accused of violating. 13-1333.

Mar 10 09 10:18 am Link

Model

Feral Oneiric

Portland, Oregon, US

Public

They fall under the state school codes of which I'm being accused of violating. 13-1333.

Wow. That's crazy.
I skipped school all the damn time. My mom let me because I didn't go anywhere or get into trouble (which would have happened had she not let me). I'd just decide I didn't want to be at school, and tell my mom I didn't feel like going that day, and I'd sit around and play video games. She'd write me a note.

No one gave half a shit!

Mar 10 09 10:20 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Feral Oneiric wrote:

Wow. That's crazy.
I skipped school all the damn time. My mom let me because I didn't go anywhere or get into trouble (which would have happened had she not let me). I'd just decide I didn't want to be at school, and tell my mom I didn't feel like going that day, and I'd sit around and play video games. She'd write me a note.

No one gave half a shit!

Same with me when I was in school. The funny thing about this is the school did send me a letter on the same day they filed the complaint that said my son has 10 absences from school and if he goes over 15 in a school year he needs a doctor's excuse for those. He was absent once since then. Now they say he has 6 illegal absences. The numbers don't add up. And all these are from prior to that letter. All of which I wrote excuses for and he handed in.

Mar 10 09 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Now with the news of Lisa Davis' body being found, I'm seriously feeling down. Life sucks.

Mar 10 09 05:33 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Hair By Jamie Stevens

Los Angeles, California, US

Great post !!

Mar 10 09 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

A cat came and sat on my injured arm for a while, and now it's frickin painful/throbbing! sad

Mar 10 09 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

A cat came and sat on my injured arm for a while, and now it's frickin painful/throbbing! sad

wait. what? what injured arm? Sorry if I wasn't paying attention on that.

Mar 10 09 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Kayelless wrote:

wait. what? what injured arm? Sorry if I wasn't paying attention on that.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=421339

Mar 10 09 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=421339

sad

you need rescuing..

Mar 10 09 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Kayelless wrote:

sad

you need rescuing..

I'll be OK. just kind of sore! and said over Lisa too hmm shame that her life ended so early. Also worried about getting rained out tomorrow

Mar 10 09 06:06 pm Link