Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

Lawrence Guy wrote:
Just breezing by to blow kisses to everyone, except for the guys who get affectionate, yet masculine, hugs.

That made me chuckle smile

Jan 23 09 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Natasha240 wrote:

It doesnt really matter to me, as long as people can get help when and where they need it. I'm in either way smile

That's how I see it. I'm just concerned if something needs to be updated and we have no way to do it now. Or if a site link is changed, etc.

I'll set up a webpage and we'll go from there. We don't have to make any decisions right away. Maybe that will work better anyway since I can make it so any of us can update the information. If we start a new thread, only one person can update the OP.

Jan 23 09 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

No, you aren't misunderstanding. My idea is that if someone is on the edge and come here for help, there isn't always someone readily available to reply in this thread. Yes, the OP has a lot of good information but for someone looking for info that might be buried in the thread it could be very frustrating. What I'm looking for is a way to keep this listing updated.

Actually, there is another idea I have been thinking about. I could set up a webpage with all the info on it and allow you guys to update that info also. Would that be better? Then we could just keep going as we are here but post another thread with the link to that page and that thread could be locked/stickied. Does that sound better?

I think Natasha just went through all of this last week when we started a thread with Joye's name in it.

And the section of my weblog that contains your blogs will have all of that information with the ability to update and add to if necessary.  You're free to put up a web page, too if you want.  I don't see any harm in it.

Jan 23 09 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Natasha240 wrote:

Eh....so-so I guess. I was talking to my friend today. I noticed I've been feeling down again. I think I need to work up the courage to try to go back to work. I'm starting to feel so useless, I don't know how to explain it. I want to go back to work, I'm just scared, to be honest. I keep thinking to myself, what if I go back, but I can't do it? What if I freak out, or get super depressed again?

That is the story of my life though, the "what ifs". How have you been doing? I've been thinking about you too!

I'm feeling like I'm right on the edge of a crash, just waiting for it to come. Otherwise, I'm OK. Anxious, but OK.

I did my taxes today and I'm getting a refund, so that's good news.

What type of work is it that you do...other than model, that is. I wish I could give you some good sound advice for getting back to work without any problems. I've never been in that situation though. Sorry. The only thing I can say to you is that I'm sure you can do it.

Jan 23 09 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I'm feeling like I'm right on the edge of a crash, just waiting for it to come. Otherwise, I'm OK. Anxious, but OK.

What type of work is it that you do...other than model, that is. I wish I could give you some good sound advice for getting back to work without any problems. I've never been in that situation though. Sorry. The only thing I can say to you is that I'm sure you can do it.

Just finished doing my taxes.  Got a useful refund coming. big_smile

Jan 23 09 07:36 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

I'm a certified veterinary technician. I am feeling very anxious also, I know how you feel.

I'm glad you and kevin are getting refunds. That is always a bright spot. I don't even have to file this year, I made so little from disability. I am right there with you, I feel on the edge myself. I am fighting as hard as I can though so it does not happen.

I'm noticing that I don't know what to do with myself. I have almost zero interest in TV anymore, no interest in the internet (except this thread), I don't want to go outside. I'm just starting to feel apathetic again. Nothing interests me anymore.

I feel so stressed out and guilty because my wife is working her ass off, stressed out from work, stressed about paying bills. I feel like, I should be working. I know, it's not like I'm not working because I'm over her partying everyday.....I'm not working because I am sick. But it's just eating at me, I feel so useless. Like I can't do anything to ease the stress on her. Like I am the cause of it.

Jan 23 09 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:

I'm a certified veterinary technician. I am feeling very anxious also, I know how you feel.

I'm glad you and kevin are getting refunds. That is always a bright spot. I don't even have to file this year, I made so little from disability. I am right there with you, I feel on the edge myself. I am fighting as hard as I can though so it does not happen.

I'm noticing that I don't know what to do with myself. I have almost zero interest in TV anymore, no interest in the internet (except this thread), I don't want to go outside. I'm just starting to feel apathetic again. Nothing interests me anymore.

I feel so stressed out and guilty because my wife is working her ass off, stressed out from work, stressed about paying bills. I feel like, I should be working. I know, it's not like I'm not working because I'm over her partying everyday.....I'm not working because I am sick. But it's just eating at me, I feel so useless. Like I can't do anything to ease the stress on her. Like I am the cause of it.

Do I need to call and talk your ear off again?

Jan 23 09 08:02 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Kayelless wrote:

Do I need to call and talk your ear off again?

You didn't talk my ear off, silly! I think I'm ok, I just want to vent some of this stuff out, it helps me to understand how I am feeling. I know that is has been slowly building up again, so maybe I got it out in time, before I reached situation critical. How have you been, I know you have been having a tough time as well.

Jan 23 09 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:

You didn't talk my ear off, silly! I think I'm ok, I just want to vent some of this stuff out, it helps me to understand how I am feeling. I know that is has been slowly building up again, so maybe I got it out in time, before I reached situation critical. How have you been, I know you have been having a tough time as well.

OKay. Good.

Jan 24 09 05:21 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

oops! will fill this in later

Jan 24 09 06:02 am Link

Model

Natasha240

bump

Jan 24 09 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:
bump

I'll see your bump and raise you, too.

Jan 24 09 07:10 pm Link

Model

Sophia Stardust Model

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Natasha240 wrote:

I have awful GI ulcers, so NSAIDS are not really an option, except Tylenol. I smoke, so I can't go on birth control. That is why I take the narcotic painkillers.

I'm sorry. sad Have you ever considered quitting smoking so, besides avoiding all the obvious health and aesthetic risks, you can try going on the pills? They really helped me a lot, they might do the same for you.

Jan 24 09 07:18 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Nah, it's not just the smoking. I don't like the idea of putting synthetic hormones in my body. I was on them for a short time YEARS ago for a cyst, and they did help. But I've got too many other risk factors to consider going on the pill.

Jan 25 09 11:03 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I'm hungry again. Blah.

Edit: Okay I'm not exactly an expert here, but I think I got a couple of things figured out.  Anyways, it's not a good idea to think of something depressing just before bed. Not good at all.
sad

Jan 25 09 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

okay. where's everybody at?  fess up.  who stole 'em?

Jan 26 09 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Bump bump grind.

Okay, what's going on folks?  I've been MIA for a little while because of the twin evils of work and World of Warcraft.  Fortunately today is my last day of work, so I can concentrate on the slacking.

I've also started working on a business plan so I can open my own studio.  There are a lot of unknowns that I need to research, though.

Post some of the good things going on with you, if you can.  I'd like to hear about them.

--Guy

Jan 27 09 06:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Teresa Wylie

Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom

Hiya all.
Well things are pretty much the same here, but am not as miserable.
Comes and goes really.
Today i have been listening to some good tunes and that has made me feel better.
Been ages since i blasted some music and had a wee singalong big_smile
Hope you are all doin a bit better too x

Jan 27 09 06:56 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Hi everyone!

Just checking in. Same old shit here, hanging in.

Jan 27 09 10:22 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Uggghh. I just read this:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … 703&page=1

I am sick about it. And the nerve of some people, saying it was his fault. Have some fucking compassion, Jesus! Why can't people look out for one another? I'm not saying it was the neighbors responsibility, but come on!

Jan 27 09 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:
Bump bump grind.

Okay, what's going on folks?  I've been MIA for a little while because of the twin evils of work and World of Warcraft.  Fortunately today is my last day of work, so I can concentrate on the slacking.

I've also started working on a business plan so I can open my own studio.  There are a lot of unknowns that I need to research, though.

Post some of the good things going on with you, if you can.  I'd like to hear about them.

--Guy

I hope to have a lot of good things to show and tell by this weekend.  Ain't that right, Natasha?

Jan 27 09 04:32 pm Link

Model

Brandi_Renee

Michigan City, Indiana, US

My g/f has a cuttin problem.. and i try to hard to help her .. and i know she will hate me if i go to anyone about it.. but she is really starting to worry me... sighs..

Jan 27 09 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Brandi_Renee wrote:
My g/f has a cuttin problem.. and i try to hard to help her .. and i know she will hate me if i go to anyone about it.. but she is really starting to worry me... sighs..

probably related to an issue of depression. can you get through to her to learn what is triggering it?

Jan 27 09 04:57 pm Link

Model

Brandi_Renee

Kayelless wrote:
probably related to an issue of depression. can you get through to her to learn what is triggering it?

I've tried over and over.. i mean ive been with the girl for almost 9 months and like anytime we fight.. or she is stressed with school or work.. or her rents get on her about something she goes right to that blade.. and it's really starting to freak me out.. her mom does not know she is gay and has NO idea about me.. but i have been really tempted to call her and ask her to help.. but i have a feeling that will only make it worse.. im so lost and im scared imma lose her

Jan 27 09 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Brandi_Renee wrote:

I've tried over and over.. i mean ive been with the girl for almost 9 months and like anytime we fight.. or she is stressed with school or work.. or her rents get on her about something she goes right to that blade.. and it's really starting to freak me out.. her mom does not know she is gay and has NO idea about me.. but i have been really tempted to call her and ask her to help.. but i have a feeling that will only make it worse.. im so lost and im scared imma lose her

Step one. be a friend first. (they generally make the best heroes)
Step two. make a death oath swearing on the highest that you hold holy that there will be no more fighting. (remove it from your relationship)
Step three. check the OP of this thread for telephone numbers of assistance hotlines to call... call one.

The number one thing I find that drags me down more than anything is the lack of understanding support.
Don't worry about being a lover.  Be a friend.  Be supportive.  Be there for her 24/7 as a friend.  This is very important.

Jan 27 09 05:08 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Brandi_Renee wrote:

Is she in treatment of any kind? Does she she a therapist? I would advise her to get treatment, to talk to a professional about why she does it, and to learn other ways to cope. I speak from experience as a cutter.

Going to her mom isnt going to help anything. Unless she is a minor, her mom can't do anything about it. And outing someone can be very traumatic. If you feel you must bring this to moms attention, there is no reason you have to state that you are her gf, can't you just say you are a close friend and are worried about her?

I feel for you, I really do. But trying to "cure" her on your own in only going to make YOU sick. Be there for her, listen to her, and encourage her to seek professional help....that is my advice to you.

Jan 27 09 05:10 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Kayelless wrote:

I hope to have a lot of good things to show and tell by this weekend.  Ain't that right, Natasha?

big_smile

Jan 27 09 05:12 pm Link

Model

Brandi_Renee

i use to cut to... bad.. so i understand.. it just, okay so she went to her mom back when she was in high school and she just laughed at her and still till this day will make comments like.. oh i had a bad day maybe i should go cut myself to make me feel better.. i KNOW that she can overcome this i did.. and she is strong.. and has so much going for her.. i've tried to get to her to go see someone to talk to someone about it but she fears that they will laugh at her like her mom did.. and her temper is so short..

thank you guys for just.. talkin to e and givin advice.. ive never been the one trying to help someone just the one trying to be helped.. i never knew how hard it really is to care about someone and watch them do that.. and know there is nothing you can do.. and just talkin to ppl that listen and understands is nice..

oh and as for her mom.. she hates me.. b/c she knows i am gay.. and has told my gf she is not allowed to speak to me

im not gonna give up on her.. i believe in her.. and not to cure her b/c she will always be a cutter.. but to find a way to control it and to overcome it.. to find another way

Jan 27 09 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

All About Depression.com
The site really hasn't been updated in several years, but there is some pretty interesting stuff there all the same.

Jan 27 09 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

hienvy

Jan 28 09 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Never give up.

Jan 29 09 06:23 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Kayelless wrote:
Never give up.

Just want to add my own mantra:

"There's always a second option."

By that I mean, you can always call for help.

Jan 29 09 07:48 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Where is everyone?

Jan 29 09 07:50 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:
Where is everyone?

hienvy

Jan 29 09 08:29 am Link

Model

Lovely Laurie

Wheaton, Illinois, US

Ya I'm going to go to the doctor today because I think I've been dealing with depression for a long time.

Jan 29 09 08:55 am Link

Model

Sophia Stardust Model

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Lovely Laurie wrote:
Ya I'm going to go to the doctor today because I think I've been dealing with depression for a long time.

That's a big step in the right direction, you made a good decision. smile

Jan 29 09 08:56 am Link

Model

Lovely Laurie

Wheaton, Illinois, US

Sophie Darling wrote:

That's a big step in the right direction, you made a good decision. smile

Ya it's been getting really bad lately so I really do need to go.

Jan 29 09 08:57 am Link

Model

Natasha240

good for you....it's better to deal with it as early as you can, before it gets out of control.

Jan 29 09 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

I am going to lose it...........I know I need to get back to the doctors and get some meds...but i just alwqys seem to find some excuse..or i feel fine at the moment so i dont need them...but I am going to rip my hair out over these teenage kids...........my oldest is 16 and she keeps getting into trouble at school......she is just disrespectful and I am at a loss for what to do with her anymore......She has been in the hospital she has been to juvie more than once...she refuses to listen to people at school...she refuses to go to bed when I tell her...she has run away many times.......I am just at a loss....

I feel like a failure...but i know I have done my best with her....we have family night 2 times a week with my parents one night and my husbands parents another night...EVERY week...we always eat dinner together...I try to get her to talk to me and she wont....she lies iike there is no tomorrow...she has been in therapy for a year on meds for over a year and I am just at the end of my rope..I dont know what else to do to try to get her back.......she is just hateful to her younger sister.....she flies off the handle with every little disagreement........We walk on eggshells around here because we dont want to upset her and make everyone in the houses life a living hell........i get a call almost every day from her school...she skipped class again, she has bic yet again.....I AM SOOOOOO CONFUSED...

Not only that but I have to live with my life and the failure I have become.......my studio closed....I am too scared to get out of the house and talk to people....I cant talk on the phone..........I am too scared to call someone and talk because i feel like i am whining...

I dont even know why I am typing this here....I feel like there is no end in sight for this misery of teenagers........sad i want to help her so bad but i just dont know how.........I want to feel alive again..I just want to be able to breathe...... it is so hard having children....and i just went and had another one who is gonna be 5 months old.......i want those days back with my first baby girl but she doesnt want anything to do with me......

I am rambling...i will go cry to myself until I have to pick her up in 25 minutes...

Jan 29 09 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Dee wrote:
I am going to lose it...........I know I need to get back to the doctors and get some meds...but i just alwqys seem to find some excuse..or i feel fine at the moment so i dont need them...but I am going to rip my hair out over these teenage kids...........my oldest is 16 and she keeps getting into trouble at school......she is just disrespectful and I am at a loss for what to do with her anymore......She has been in the hospital she has been to juvie more than once...she refuses to listen to people at school...she refuses to go to bed when I tell her...she has run away many times.......I am just at a loss....

I feel like a failure...but i know I have done my best with her....we have family night 2 times a week with my parents one night and my husbands parents another night...EVERY week...we always eat dinner together...I try to get her to talk to me and she wont....she lies iike there is no tomorrow...she has been in therapy for a year on meds for over a year and I am just at the end of my rope..I dont know what else to do to try to get her back.......she is just hateful to her younger sister.....she flies off the handle with every little disagreement........We walk on eggshells around here because we dont want to upset her and make everyone in the houses life a living hell........i get a call almost every day from her school...she skipped class again, she has bic yet again.....I AM SOOOOOO CONFUSED...

Not only that but I have to live with my life and the failure I have become.......my studio closed....I am too scared to get out of the house and talk to people....I cant talk on the phone..........I am too scared to call someone and talk because i feel like i am whining...

I dont even know why I am typing this here....I feel like there is no end in sight for this misery of teenagers........sad i want to help her so bad but i just dont know how.........I want to feel alive again..I just want to be able to breathe...... it is so hard having children....and i just went and had another one who is gonna be 5 months old.......i want those days back with my first baby girl but she doesnt want anything to do with me......

I am rambling...i will go cry to myself until I have to pick her up in 25 minutes...

If the medicine that your doctor prescribes helps you then you've got to go get them no matter what.
Stop blaming yourself because things don't work out. Not everything does. 
About your daughter...... she is a rebellious teenager (with issues it sounds like). It's not your job to "make" her do anything.  Although still very young she has reached that age where you forcing her to conform is just going to alienate her more.
That's the best I can offer on her.... I'm not a parent and have never been one.  Teenagers are one of the most difficult things to be and raise,
but
there is not one problem in this world that doesn't have an answer. Please don't give in to frustration while searching for it..... that's what the enemy wants you to do.
You want to live and so does your daughter... that is a common goal. Think on it.
Writing here is just fine.  That's why this thread exists.

Jan 29 09 05:14 pm Link