Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

Yes. I'm trying to send an email now but my cable company is having problems...keeps coming and going. It'll get through eventually, though.

Mike, have you got YIM?  If so you should add me - kayelless - I'm the same everywhere.

Jan 23 09 09:09 am Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

SPierce Photography wrote:

Awww, don't cry!! sad Thanks. and yeah., that kind. I don't mean to be gross, but getting up to change a tampon even though it's a super one every half an hour really sucks. Everything hurts, and yeah sad I love being a girl, but at times like this is really sucks.

I used to get really bad periods as well. Migraine, passing out, vomiting, the whole nine yards. I was put on the pill at a young age and between that and the depo shots, I was good for a long time. I've since gone off everything and some of the severe symptoms are coming back, but not totally like it used to be. At least i'm not back to missing two days of work a month.
You can get on the pill and see if that works. In the meantime, make sure you're taking vitamins on a daily basis. Eat well and exercise, especially right before your period. Drink plenty of fluids during and avoid alcohol. Taking care of your body the entire month sometimes makes THAT time of month easier and lessens your symptoms. Also, take Aleve for pain BEFORE it gets relly bad.
I feel for you!

Jan 23 09 09:16 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

Carrie_K wrote:

I used to get really bad periods as well. Migraine, passing out, vomiting, the whole nine yards. I was put on the pill at a young age and between that and the depo shots, I was good for a long time. I've since gone off everything and some of the severe symptoms are coming back, but not totally like it used to be. At least i'm not back to missing two days of work a month.
You can get on the pill and see if that works. In the meantime, make sure you're taking vitamins on a daily basis. Eat well and exercise, especially right before your period. Drink plenty of fluids during and avoid alcohol. Taking care of your body the entire month sometimes makes THAT time of month easier and lessens your symptoms. Also, take Aleve for pain BEFORE it gets relly bad.
I feel for you!

I was on the pill for a while; and it helped a LOT with the bleeding, but nothing seems to help with the pain. I'm not sure why it's so nasty; when I was younger it wasn't bad at all, and now the older I get the worse it gets hmm  I'll look into the vitamins and stuff though! i'm trying to excercise more too. Thanks! smile and Aleve makes me (and my mom too) seriously seriously sick, then knocks us out for the entire day, so we can't take it.

Jan 23 09 09:28 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Yes. I'm trying to send an email now but my cable company is having problems...keeps coming and going. It'll get through eventually, though.

I got your email, and sent you one back smile

Jan 23 09 09:28 am Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

I was on the pill for a while; and it helped a LOT with the bleeding, but nothing seems to help with the pain. I'm not sure why it's so nasty; when I was younger it wasn't bad at all, and now the older I get the worse it gets hmm  I'll look into the vitamins and stuff though! i'm trying to excercise more too. Thanks! smile and Aleve makes me (and my mom too) seriously seriously sick, then knocks us out for the entire day, so we can't take it.

That's too bad. Aleve is my salvation. Try Midol then, as it has a mild muscle relaxer in it and might help. and try the other stuff. I was told by my doctor that the healthier I try to stay the easier it is for my body to function the way it's supposed to. And water water water.

Jan 23 09 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Carrie_K wrote:

That's too bad. Aleve is my salvation. Try Midol then, as it has a mild muscle relaxer in it and might help. and try the other stuff. I was told by my doctor that the healthier I try to stay the easier it is for my body to function the way it's supposed to. And water water water.

NOTHING gets rid of my cramps...and they are way worse now that I am older.......I cant take anything but tylenol and that rarely works on anything for me....I feel like an outcast and no one believes that meds like that dont do anything for my pain.......

Jan 23 09 09:36 am Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

Dee wrote:

NOTHING gets rid of my cramps...and they are way worse now that I am older.......I cant take anything but tylenol and that rarely works on anything for me....I feel like an outcast and no one believes that meds like that dont do anything for my pain.......

I believe you. There are some of us that are jsut going to suffer that time of month no matter what. Even my boss knows to send me home when I'm having "female problems". I look like a ghost. I usually end up taking prescription pain pills and jsut going to sleep.

Jan 23 09 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Carrie_K wrote:

I believe you. There are some of us that are jsut going to suffer that time of month no matter what. Even my boss knows to send me home when I'm having "female problems". I look like a ghost. I usually end up taking prescription pain pills and jsut going to sleep.

I have a horrible stomach so i cant take any pain meds..they make me sicker.....I cant remember the last day i didnt have a stomach ache......as i type my stomach is burning......really sucks..

Jan 23 09 09:41 am Link

Model

CagedGypsy

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Moderator Warning!
Since the OP is not here, who would like to volunteer taking over a new thread on this that this will be linked to so that the OP can be updated with info?

When it's done, I can lock and redirect this one. Decide so only one person makes it.

Jan 23 09 09:43 am Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

Dee wrote:

I have a horrible stomach so i cant take any pain meds..they make me sicker.....I cant remember the last day i didnt have a stomach ache......as i type my stomach is burning......really sucks..

Oh honey. You really need to find a doctor that can help you with that. HAve you been tested for ulcers?

Jan 23 09 09:43 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

CagedGypsy wrote:
Since the OP is not here, who would like to volunteer taking over a new thread on this that this will be linked to so that the OP can be updated with info?

When it's done, I can lock and redirect this one. Decide so only one person makes it.

I'll volunteer since I'm the one that contacted you. smile But, only if everyone in here agrees to that. I'm hoping to get some response to an earlier post I made in here.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … ost8691276

How are you doing, Gypsy?

Jan 23 09 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

Carrie_K wrote:

Oh honey. You really need to find a doctor that can help you with that. HAve you been tested for ulcers?

nope.....i always tell myself to go but just cant do it..my family doctor is a dumbshit. .....and I know the crap i will have to do to get tested my dad has the same problems......he went through all the test s and they found nothing....so i know certain things trigger the pain like eating certain foods...and eating after 8 at night always triggers it.. so i just try to avoid those things and the pain is manageable......sometimes i even forget about it for a while....

My family doctor told me that my kidneys where failing and that i should be scared because the tests didnt come back good at all.....so i got more tests done and waited for a week and he called me in and told me I was fine and the tests were all ok..............must have been a messed up test or something..... So, I am scared to go back to him...maybe this time he will tell me I am dead and he doesnt understand why I m standing there talking to him......the test must have gotten messed up..........

Jan 23 09 09:53 am Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

I'll volunteer since I'm the one that contacted you. smile But, only if everyone in here agrees to that. I'm hoping to get some response to an earlier post I made in here.

I agree

Jan 23 09 09:55 am Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

Dee wrote:

nope.....i always tell myself to go but just cant do it..my family doctor is a dumbshit. .....and I know the crap i will have to do to get tested my dad has the same problems......he went through all the test s and they found nothing....so i know certain things trigger the pain like eating certain foods...and eating after 8 at night always triggers it.. so i just try to avoid those things and the pain is manageable......sometimes i even forget about it for a while....

My family doctor told me that my kidneys where failing and that i should be scared because the tests didnt come back good at all.....so i got more tests done and waited for a week and he called me in and told me I was fine and the tests were all ok..............must have been a messed up test or something..... So, I am scared to go back to him...maybe this time he will tell me I am dead and he doesnt understand why I m standing there talking to him......the test must have gotten messed up..........

SOudns like it's time to find a new doctor

Jan 23 09 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Carrie_K wrote:

I agree

coolness. thank, Mike.

Jan 23 09 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Thanks everyone for the support. The pain is very slowly starting to go away, and my mood is getting better!

Jan 23 09 11:05 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Thanks everyone for the support. The pain is very slowly starting to go away, and my mood is getting better!

Yayness!

Jan 23 09 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'd do that happy dance but I forget the steps.

Jan 23 09 11:10 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

I guess the weekend is here. Hope you all have a great one. I'm working.

Jan 23 09 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

i'm in a lot of pain again. damn commute

Jan 23 09 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

are you at least home now?  I hate that you are going through this.

Jan 23 09 05:25 pm Link

Model

Sophia Stardust Model

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

This is such a great thread to have.

I applaud the people who have the courage to come forward and share their past with suicide attempts and depression, I think that shows you're a strong person and a survivor.

I've dealt with it, and overcome it. Today I can honestly say that I think life is beautiful and for the most part I'm a very happy person.

I know this has been said before and I'm just a girl, not a doctor or therapist nor should I take that place, but if anyone needs to talk, anyone, ever, don't hesitate to send me a message. I'm here for anyone who just needs someone to talk to, to be a friend.

Jan 23 09 05:26 pm Link

Model

Sophia Stardust Model

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Jan 23 09 05:27 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

Dee wrote:

I am right there with you. NOTHING works for me, last month I was incapacitated for 4 days, in so much pain. OTC stuff just takes the slightest edge off. I need prescription painkillers, it's so bad.

Jan 23 09 05:30 pm Link

Model

Sophia Stardust Model

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Natasha240 wrote:

I am right there with you. NOTHING works for me, last month I was incapacitated for 4 days, in so much pain. OTC stuff just takes the slightest edge off. I need prescription painkillers, it's so bad.

I used to get so bad every month that I would be crippled in bed vomitting and crying and unable to do anything let alone move.

My doctor put me on Sprintec, a birth control (I think I spelled the name wrong) and perscribed me a strong dose of Ibuprofen. Have you ladies tried talking to your doctors?

Jan 23 09 05:32 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Wait, I don't understand. Why are we closing this thread?

Jan 23 09 05:34 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Sophie Darling wrote:

I used to get so bad every month that I would be crippled in bed vomitting and crying and unable to do anything let alone move.

My doctor put me on Sprintec, a birth control (I think I spelled the name wrong) and perscribed me a strong dose of Ibuprofen. Have you ladies tried talking to your doctors?

I have awful GI ulcers, so NSAIDS are not really an option, except Tylenol. I smoke, so I can't go on birth control. That is why I take the narcotic painkillers.

Jan 23 09 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Kayelless wrote:
are you at least home now?  I hate that you are going through this.

I am home, but the pain im getting now is a result of the driving and the braking/gas of friday traffic home. I'm still trying to recover and just hiding in bed.

Sophie Darling wrote:

Jan 23 09 05:39 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

You guys and gals are all awesome! Everyone that checks in here and shows they care is awesome. It's possible that we've saved a life by posting here and keeping this thread active and don't even know it. Honestly I don't care about knowing, what I care about is that possibility and as long as that exists I'll be posting here.

However, this leads me to the next issue that I think we need to seriously consider. I'm not sure if everyone knows that Shiggily Weebonk McGee no longer has that profile on MM that she used to start this thread. This means that the OP can no longer be updated. I contacted the mods and we have a few choices...

1. The second person who posted in the thread, which again is Shiggily, can take over the thread. After her is Topless New York but I'm not sure the third post can take over nor do I know whether he would or not.

2.  Start a new thread and link to this one. This way the OP can be updated. I don't know if we can use a combination of #1 and #2 and at least see if Topless will agree to take over this thread and merely post a link to the new thread on top.

3. Keep going as we are. As much as I love this idea we also have to take into account someone who is coming here because they really need help and may get frustrated trying to comb through all the posts to find the information they need.

We can always keep this thread going regardless of what we decide. I do feel this is important since I've seen a couple posts that provide info that wasn't updated in the OP.

So, what do you all think?

I vote for #3. I don't understand what the OP issue is, can someone explain? Is it is because the OP message with all the info numbers on it can't be updated? There is ALOT of info on that post, so why would it need updating? Other than those couple of posts, the whole thread is just us talking to each other, so there would be no need for someone to have to search through the whole thread for info. Unless I am misunderstanding something?

Jan 23 09 05:40 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

How is everyone doing? I've been kind of out of it for a few days, that is why I havent been posting.

Welcome, new friends! I hope this board helps you, as it has helped myself and others smile

Jan 23 09 05:42 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Dee wrote:

Ummmm. I would find a new doctor, one that you are comfortable with. The test for ulcers are not bad. I have had 3 or 4 endoscopies, it's not painful or anything. You are knocked out, it's no big deal. I take Nexium when they get bad. I feel your pain, it hurts SO bad. I just recently had a flare up, the pain FINALLY subsided.

I hope you feel better!

Jan 23 09 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Oh no!!!!! HUGZZZZ to you!

Jan 23 09 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Sophie Darling wrote:
This is such a great thread to have.

I applaud the people who have the courage to come forward and share their past with suicide attempts and depression, I think that shows you're a strong person and a survivor.

I've dealt with it, and overcome it. Today I can honestly say that I think life is beautiful and for the most part I'm a very happy person.

I know this has been said before and I'm just a girl, not a doctor or therapist nor should I take that place, but if anyone needs to talk, anyone, ever, don't hesitate to send me a message. I'm here for anyone who just needs someone to talk to, to be a friend.

Hi Sophie and thanks for sharing. Thanks also for being there for anyone who needs to talk. Sometimes it's enough just knowing someone cares enough to be there.

Jan 23 09 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Natasha240 wrote:
How is everyone doing? I've been kind of out of it for a few days, that is why I havent been posting.

Welcome, new friends! I hope this board helps you, as it has helped myself and others smile

Doing a bit better,survived another holliday season,though I'll be turning 40 in 2 months not really  having ever been in a relationship(just one that matters) is going to be tough

Jan 23 09 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Natasha240 wrote:

I vote for #3. I don't understand what the OP issue is, can someone explain? Is it is because the OP message with all the info numbers on it can't be updated? There is ALOT of info on that post, so why would it need updating? Other than those couple of posts, the whole thread is just us talking to each other, so there would be no need for someone to have to search through the whole thread for info. Unless I am misunderstanding something?

No, you aren't misunderstanding. My idea is that if someone is on the edge and come here for help, there isn't always someone readily available to reply in this thread. Yes, the OP has a lot of good information but for someone looking for info that might be buried in the thread it could be very frustrating. What I'm looking for is a way to keep this listing updated.

Actually, there is another idea I have been thinking about. I could set up a webpage with all the info on it and allow you guys to update that info also. Would that be better? Then we could just keep going as we are here but post another thread with the link to that page and that thread could be locked/stickied. Does that sound better?

Jan 23 09 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Natasha240 wrote:

I've been thinking about you. Are you doing better?

Jan 23 09 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Just breezing by to blow kisses to everyone, except for the guys who get affectionate, yet masculine, hugs.

Jan 23 09 06:52 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

No, you aren't misunderstanding. My idea is that if someone is on the edge and come here for help, there isn't always someone readily available to reply in this thread. Yes, the OP has a lot of good information but for someone looking for info that might be buried in the thread it could be very frustrating. What I'm looking for is a way to keep this listing updated.

Actually, there is another idea I have been thinking about. I could set up a webpage with all the info on it and allow you guys to update that info also. Would that be better? Then we could just keep going as we are here but post another thread with the link to that page and that thread could be locked/stickied. Does that sound better?

It doesnt really matter to me, as long as people can get help when and where they need it. I'm in either way smile

Jan 23 09 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Lawrence Guy wrote:
Just breezing by to blow kisses to everyone, except for the guys who get affectionate, yet masculine, hugs.

Ummm.....there's no "buttocks squeezing" in your masculine hugs, is there?

Jan 23 09 07:16 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

I've been thinking about you. Are you doing better?

Eh....so-so I guess. I was talking to my friend today. I noticed I've been feeling down again. I think I need to work up the courage to try to go back to work. I'm starting to feel so useless, I don't know how to explain it. I want to go back to work, I'm just scared, to be honest. I keep thinking to myself, what if I go back, but I can't do it? What if I freak out, or get super depressed again?

That is the story of my life though, the "what ifs". How have you been doing? I've been thinking about you too!

Jan 23 09 07:16 pm Link