Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

today was a mighty good day

Jan 08 09 04:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Teresa Wylie

Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom

J Henry wrote:
Surviving anxiety and depression myself, it's so good to see a thread like this!

Same here.
Nice to see.
I have a support worker and on medication.
I dont feel it is helping much though i have to be honest.
See her once a week and well i have no motivation for it or anthin really, even doing shoots has stopped for a while, because i wouldnt give it my all.
At christmas i got a lot of new products for my kit aswell but it aint getting used right now.
That was supposed to motivate me, but hasnt really.
Am not sure where i am going.
Stay indoors an unhealthy amount and had hoped i would change that soon.
Now no so sure.
I put on a good front a lot of the time, but today has been one of my bad days so is nice to see am not alone and we are not classed as crazy too.

I actually still come on here to read about other peoples lives and it is a form of escape...just like hours of TV and dvds.
My man got me the box set of One foot in the grave, a british programme.
That is funny and has helped me a bit the past few days.
He is a really good guy but doesnt really understand it fully.
I was always this bubbly person and had a great social life and now i cant be assed with anythin, so it must be hard on him too at times.

I am kinda cringing at sayin all of that here like it is TMI.
I am lucky to have a good friend here that lets me rant about it all or just get it off my chest.
Have thought about deleting a few times as i type by the way, but what the hell eh in for a penny as they say.
I do try not to make that all i discuss with my pal here though so am not like the moany character in the show i mentioned.
I know there are far worse off folk than me though and things can only get better right? ha!

Jan 08 09 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Teresa Wylie wrote:

Same here.
Nice to see.
See her once a week and well i have no motivation for it or anthin really, even doing shoots has stopped for a while, because i wouldnt give it my all.
At christmas i got a lot of new products for my kit aswell but it aint getting used right now.
Now no so sure.
I put on a good front a lot of the time, but today has been one of my bad days so is nice to see am not alone and we are not classed as crazy too.

I actually still come on here to read about other peoples lives and it is a form of escape...just like hours of TV and dvds.
I was always this bubbly person and had a great social life and now i cant be assed with anythin, so it must be hard on him too at times.

I am lucky to have a good friend here that lets me rant about it all or just get it off my chest.
Have thought about deleting a few times as i type by the way, but what the hell eh in for a penny as they say.
I do try not to make that all i discuss with my pal here though so am not like the moany character in the show i mentioned.
I know there are far worse off folk than me though and things can only get better right? ha!

stick around with us. we're here for each other and can be for you as well cause it helps to talk to those who understand where you're coming from.

Jan 08 09 06:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Teresa Wylie

Kayelless wrote:

stick around with us. we're here for each other and can be for you as well cause it helps to talk to those who understand where you're coming from.

I had gone to my bed cause was really late...anyway thanks for that do appreciate it x

Jan 09 09 03:01 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Teresa Wylie wrote:

Same here.
Nice to see.
Now no so sure.

Well, you got lots of caring ears (eyes, actually) in this thread. I certainly don't mind if you wanna get stuff out. I prefer people to unload on me instead of trying to deal with it on their own.

As for being inside a lot during this time of year, there are things you can do. Sit near a window with sunlight coming through. Use lights inside that mimic sunlight. I've actually started doing that recently and my mood has improved dramatically. Not sure if it's because the holidays are over or the light itself....or a combination. Whatever it is, I'm feeling better.

Cheers.

Jan 09 09 05:37 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Kayelless wrote:
today was a mighty good day

Awesome! Love your new avatar, BTW. Nice.

Jan 09 09 05:38 am Link

Makeup Artist

Teresa Wylie

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

Well, you got lots of caring ears (eyes, actually) in this thread. I certainly don't mind if you wanna get stuff out. I prefer people to unload on me instead of trying to deal with it on their own.

As for being inside a lot during this time of year, there are things you can do. Sit near a window with sunlight coming through. Use lights inside that mimic sunlight. I've actually started doing that recently and my mood has improved dramatically. Not sure if it's because the holidays are over or the light itself....or a combination. Whatever it is, I'm feeling better.

Cheers.

Thanks, i was worried that i went too far with my huge rant.

I am actually sitting in my wee study room and my desk is near the window.
Today is a better day, my support worker took me for a coffee on my street and was actually nice to get some fresh air and just chat....easily amused right now but getting there.
I do have goals etc... but have been told not to try too much and add more pressure to the situation.
There is even a job i fancy coming up in a large department store here on a makeup counter.
Only thing is it is starting in March, no sure but may just send that CV and see what happens....just hope am ready to be back out there again on a regular basis you know?
Dont want to let folk down more than anythin.
Baby steps i guess eh.

Anyway thanks for the support. x

Jan 09 09 07:08 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

Teresa Wylie wrote:

Today is a better day, my support worker took me for a coffee on my street and was actually nice to get some fresh air and just chat....easily amused right now but getting there.
I do have goals etc... but have been told not to try too much and add more pressure to the situation.
There is even a job i fancy coming up in a large department store here on a makeup counter.
Only thing is it is starting in March, no sure but may just send that CV and see what happens....just hope am ready to be back out there again on a regular basis you know?
Baby steps i guess eh.

Hi and welcome to the thread! I hope it offers some help.

I've been having a really crappy past few days myself. Just the usual shit I guess, that voice telling me how worthless I am. Plus, I have a friend who is going through a lot of relationship stuff right now. He has not been talking to me lately, and I figured he was just not in the mood, and trying to deal with stuff, so I chalked it up to that and gave him space. I found out today that he has been talking regularly to another friend of ours. I tried not to let it show, but my feelings are really hurt. I dont know if I am being uber sensitive or not. But then that damned voice takes a situation like this, and keeps telling me it's because I'm a loser that no one wants to talk to, or be around. That I am worthless, and useless. I'm fighting back to those thoughts, it's just hard and tiring.

Jan 09 09 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Natasha240 wrote:
... But then that damned voice takes a situation like this, and keeps telling me it's because I'm a loser that no one wants to talk to, or be around. That I am worthless, and useless. I'm fighting back to those thoughts, it's just hard and tiring.

I know that fight, and how difficult it is to win.  It IS winnable, though, and there are some specific tactics that can be used to fight it.  The key phrase is "unconditional self acceptance."  This means that you stop thinking in terms of your "worth."  Worth is a social construct, and is always defined in terms of what other people think.  By discarding the concept of worth, you also discard the concept of worthlessness.  What you end up with is unconditional self acceptance.  At that point, other people's opinions and behavior have much less of an impact on your own emotions.

Of course, it's not quite that easy, and I've oversimplified.  But that's the gist of it.

And because I don't say it enough on this thread, I'm thinking about all of you every day.  I truly grieve over the unhappiness that so many of you feel.  I don't really know any you, but in a real sense of the word I do love all of you.  Every one of you has had to face demons that most people will never understand.  I admire each and every one of you.

Jan 09 09 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Lawrence Guy wrote:

I know that fight, and how difficult it is to win.  It IS winnable, though, and there are some specific tactics that can be used to fight it.  The key phrase is "unconditional self acceptance."  This means that you stop thinking in terms of your "worth."  Worth is a social construct, and is always defined in terms of what other people think.  By discarding the concept of worth, you also discard the concept of worthlessness.  What you end up with is unconditional self acceptance.  At that point, other people's opinions and behavior have much less of an impact on your own emotions.

Of course, it's not quite that easy, and I've oversimplified.  But that's the gist of it.

And because I don't say it enough on this thread, I'm thinking about all of you every day.  I truly grieve over the unhappiness that so many of you feel.  I don't really know any you, but in a real sense of the word I do love all of you.  Every one of you has had to face demons that most people will never understand.  I admire each and every one of you.

Thank you, Lawrence. I feel the same way. Everyone here is on my mind and in my heart every day. As long as we are here together, we are never alone. I also love and care for each and every one of you. You are all worth the world to me so please don't ever think no one cares.

It's tough to think someone else cares about you. I get to that place often myself even though I care so much for so many.

Jan 09 09 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Natasha240 wrote:

I've been having a really crappy past few days myself. Just the usual shit I guess, that voice telling me how worthless I am. Plus, I have a friend who is going through a lot of relationship stuff right now. He has not been talking to me lately, and I figured he was just not in the mood, and trying to deal with stuff, so I chalked it up to that and gave him space. I found out today that he has been talking regularly to another friend of ours. I tried not to let it show, but my feelings are really hurt. I dont know if I am being uber sensitive or not. But then that damned voice takes a situation like this, and keeps telling me it's because I'm a loser that no one wants to talk to, or be around. That I am worthless, and useless. I'm fighting back to those thoughts, it's just hard and tiring.

Think about it this way...maybe he knows you are dealing with a bunch of stuff and doesn't want to burden you any more than absolutely necessary. I'd be willing to bet he isn't "snubbing" you but rather "protecting" you from more negativity. This would tell me that he doesn't consider you worthless at all...in fact, just the opposite.

Just something to think about.

Jan 09 09 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Teresa Wylie wrote:

Baby steps i guess eh.

Goals are useful tools, but remember to take them in steps trying not to climb them too fast or run too hard.  If we do then usually we stumble and get discouraged.

Jan 09 09 04:44 pm Link

Model

Brytnie Rose

Toledo, Ohio, US

2 years ago, I was pronounced dead for just over a minute and was comatose for 3 days after an attempt. Today I thank God that I was saved but I still struggle with my depression everyday, but knowing that I'm loved and not alone has kept me from trying again. Thank you for this

Jan 10 09 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Brytnie Rose wrote:
2 years ago, I was pronounced dead for just over a minute and was comatose for 3 days after an attempt. Today I thank God that I was saved but I still struggle with my depression everyday, but knowing that I'm loved and not alone has kept me from trying again. Thank you for this

Jan 10 09 02:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Teresa Wylie

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

Think about it this way...maybe he knows you are dealing with a bunch of stuff and doesn't want to burden you any more than absolutely necessary. I'd be willing to bet he isn't "snubbing" you but rather "protecting" you from more negativity. This would tell me that he doesn't consider you worthless at all...in fact, just the opposite.

Just something to think about.

I couldnt have said it any better.
That is more likely.
I can understand though about feeling so fragile and not thinking you are worth it, so it is really hard to see it that way.

Jan 10 09 04:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Teresa Wylie

Natasha240 wrote:

Hi and thanks, it is easier said than done i know and i should take my own advice when i say this, but people really do care for you and your friend too.
When you do feel low you are more sensitive and read more into things.
It is so easily done and it is a battle to overcome it but one i think can be won.

That is what keeps me going and i am also really glad and appreaciative of this thread and all the lovely understanding people here.
Yourself included, so chin up hon xx

Jan 10 09 04:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Teresa Wylie

Kayelless wrote:
Goals are useful tools, but remember to take them in steps trying not to climb them too fast or run too hard.  If we do then usually we stumble and get discouraged.

I totally get that, and i dont want to end up worse off than i am now and take a step back instead of forward.
I do have outside pressures though to be back at work so it's hard.
Also sometimes i think the more i stay indoors and not try, the more i will sink into this rutt and get really comfy there so i dont know what to do for the best really.

Maybe if i try for that job it will give me back a sense of purpose in life, cause right now i am just exisiting, going through the motions you know?
Of course could go the other way and i might actually get the job, be amoung the beautiful people and feel even worse about myself and cant fake the happy face and sell sell sell attitude.

Am even stressing about the thought of it, what am i like eh?
This is so not like what i used to be and i just want me back, which am sure a lot of you can relate to.

Thanks so much for just bein there and i hope you all feel good soon too x

Jan 10 09 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Teresa Wylie wrote:

I totally get that, and i dont want to end up worse off than i am now and take a step back instead of forward.
Also sometimes i think the more i stay indoors and not try, the more i will sink into this rutt and get really comfy there so i dont know what to do for the best really.

Maybe if i try for that job it will give me back a sense of purpose in life, cause right now i am just exisiting, going through the motions you know?
Of course could go the other way and i might actually get the job, be amoung the beautiful people and feel even worse about myself and cant fake the happy face and sell sell sell attitude.

This is so not like what i used to be and i just want me back, which am sure a lot of you can relate to.

I'm blessed to have a job with fabulous benefits.
I'm blessed to work for an employer that values their employees as assets.
I'm blessed to work for an employer that invests heavily in their employees.

Last spring I nearly bottomed out and lost that job and maybe more due to depression so I took advantage of one of my benefits on went on medical leave.  The purpose was to get intense help and get my head back into life.  The plan worked and I returned to work mid August. 

It's a work in process. I'm not claiming any victories other than refusing to lose this battle.  I'm here just like everybody else.  Some days I need much support.  Some days I'm the support.  It's all part of us winning this war we're in.

My art is my saving grace that I use to breathe my life.  That's why I'm on MM.  But I understand how tough things can be so like the others here I try my best to keep this thread going.

Jan 10 09 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Teresa Wylie wrote:

To my ears, it sounds like you need to take something for anxiety.  Your fears are feeding on themselves, and that can be really hard to stop on your own.  Meds have worked wonders for my own anxiety issues.  Anxiety can be highly debilitating, because it can form a vicious circle that feeds on itself, turning small worries into major obstacles.  Ultimately it can even lead to panic attacks, which are stupendously terrifying and dangerous.

Standard disclaimer: I am not a doctor, and the options expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect the opinions of any other sentient creature in the universe, and may not even be relevant to the content of your previous posts.

Jan 10 09 10:21 pm Link

Model

Tess Brasington

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

People have music they depend on.
Cat Empire is mine.  Chilled, at times funny, and gives you an image of a place you would rather be.  Then convince yourself one day you could be.

I have lots to give, but the only useful one would be for under 18s.  Anyone want them (for emergencys, even for friends) give me a shout.

Jan 10 09 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

4point0

Los Angeles, California, US

As to the violence aspect of this thread, self defense training is particularly useful: http://www.kravmaga.com/selfdefense.asp

Jan 10 09 10:42 pm Link

Model

Tess Brasington

Teresa Wylie wrote:

Bare in mind, for anyone who needs sympathy or advice for a friend-it's normal for them to act.. not so simply.

I'm convinced my depression was also a physical disability.  Whether or not being active will be good for me is another story, but willing my own body to move, to wake up, to eat..  You just need someone to lie with you, to get out when you need to be alone (and know you'll be okay).
To know that all it takes is time, patience and (sometimes)  a Cadbury factory the size of Australia to get you up and (bit by bit) running.

Anyone need advice, please don't hesitate smile

Jan 10 09 10:44 pm Link

Model

Tess Brasington

Fat Kitty Studios wrote:
As to the violence aspect of this thread, self defense training is particularly useful: http://www.kravmaga.com/selfdefense.asp

GO FOR THE BALLS!

Jan 10 09 10:45 pm Link

Model

Tess Brasington

Natasha240 wrote:

Nah, it's not you.
People just sometimes need a fresh face to talk to, to start from the beginning.
Strangers, even.
Someone who won't or can't judge them because they don't know them as much or something.

It also depends on time and place.
Yesterday I didn't want to whinge to someone, but on my way home bumped into this dude I haven't seen in months, I only met him like twice.  I fully burst into tears, had a good rant, and felt better.  It wasn't him (good listener but), it was time and place.

Don't take it personally.

Jan 10 09 10:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Teresa Wylie

Lawrence Guy wrote:
To my ears, it sounds like you need to take something for anxiety.  Your fears are feeding on themselves, and that can be really hard to stop on your own.  Meds have worked wonders for my own anxiety issues.  Anxiety can be highly debilitating, because it can form a vicious circle that feeds on itself, turning small worries into major obstacles.  Ultimately it can even lead to panic attacks, which are stupendously terrifying and dangerous.

Standard disclaimer: I am not a doctor, and the options expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect the opinions of any other sentient creature in the universe, and may not even be relevant to the content of your previous posts.

Very good points.
I am on meds, though not a huge dosage.
I hate to be dependant on something like that.
I was on these years ago too and i did make sure i came off them when i was ready.
I think my main problem, well the start of it was leaving college all geared up and doing well for a while.
Then that stopped i was indoors a lot and it became a bad habit and i felt safer.
I used to suffer from panic attacks a lot so i know how horrible that can be.
At the moment though it is just a feeling of worthlessness and lack of motivation.
Some days are good others pretty bad.

Even though the weather here is awful today, i have decided to go out shopping with my man in town, whereas normally he gets a note of what i need.
So am trying at least, and i have been told by people that he means well by doing things for me but it really is holding me back.
So i have explained that and now he is the opposite, demanding i go, lol
In a nice way of course.

Thankyou though, do appreciate the advice and insight.
It is nice to talk to others with similair issues.
We can have all the loving people around us, but they dont get it the way people going through it do obviously.

Now to face the gale force winds and rain, yikes!
After my cup of rosey lee of course.

Jan 11 09 01:59 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Just bumping, and saying Hi.

Kayeless, I'm thinking about you :::hugs::::

Jan 11 09 09:05 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Kayelless wrote:
I'm blessed to have a job with fabulous benefits.
I'm blessed to work for an employer that values their employees as assets.
I'm blessed to work for an employer that invests heavily in their employees.

Last spring I nearly bottomed out and lost that job and maybe more due to depression so I took advantage of one of my benefits on went on medical leave.  The purpose was to get intense help and get my head back into life.  The plan worked and I returned to work mid August. 

It's a work in process. I'm not claiming any victories other than refusing to lose this battle.  I'm here just like everybody else.  Some days I need much support.  Some days I'm the support.  It's all part of us winning this war we're in.

My art is my saving grace that I use to breathe my life.  That's why I'm on MM.  But I understand how tough things can be so like the others here I try my best to keep this thread going.

When I stopped working last year, I thought the same thing. Unfortunatley, it is taking way longer. I still want to go back to work, and I think about it all the time.  Those who I have consulted tell me that I am not ready, and not to rush.

Am I any healthier than I was a year ago? Maybe, but not much. I am not actively suicidal right now, just depressed and anxious.

One thing I keep worrying about is will I be able to handle the sometimes awful things I see and handle daily in my career? I am a certified vet tech, if you did not know. I can't imagine doing anything else, really. After a while, you get that professional buffer zone, where you can seperate your emotions from your job.

However, since I have stopped working, I find myself MUCH MUCH more sensitive to the things I used to deal with everyday. I wonder, will I be able to deal if I go back?

A therapist told me that is part of the depression, being uber sensitive to things. I hope when I DO go back, I will be able to handle stuff like I did before.

Jan 11 09 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

As noted here: https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=395742
the MM community as a whole & the Orlando group in particular has lost a loved & valued member to suicide.  We all learned late Saturday/early Sunday.
It's shaken a lot of people up & left two young kids without a mom.
We're all heartbroken.
Some of the gang are planning to auction prints of Joye as a fund raiser to contribute to the Hotline folks to hopefully help prevent such things in the future.  sad

Jan 11 09 09:08 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

SLE Photography wrote:
the MM community as a whole & the Orlando group in particular has lost a loved & valued member to suicide.  We all learned late Saturday/early Sunday.
We're all heartbroken.
Some of the gang are planning to auction prints of Joye as a fund raiser to contribute to the Hotline folks to hopefully help prevent such things in the future.  sad

I read about that, I'm sorry for the loss. At least she is at peace now, poor thing.

Jan 11 09 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:
Just bumping, and saying Hi.

Kayeless, I'm thinking about you :::hugs::::

*huggs*
Thank, Natasha. Your note meant a lot.
but now I think about Joye and what happened and that makes me all the more determined to keep this thread and our efforts going.

Today I'm hurting something powerful one day after enjoying my birthday.  At least I'm stronger for what I've come through and I'm reminded of how much we need each other.

Jan 11 09 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Shitty day for me.
Stupid shit like the Giants losing a playoff game can start a downward cycle
Can't sleep........

Jan 12 09 12:20 am Link

Makeup Artist

Teresa Wylie

SLE Photography wrote:
We're all heartbroken.

That is awful and so tragic.
Sorry for your loss and the loss of all that knew her.
Hopefully she has found some peace.

Jan 12 09 04:26 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Shitty day for me.
Stupid shit like the Giants losing a playoff game can start a downward cycle
Can't sleep........

Hey Chris

I know how one seemingly "stupid" thing can start a downward spiral. I've gone downhill after hearing a song. It is important to understand that you can recognize the start of a downward slope. Now that you realize it, you can do something to stop it before it gets worse. Posting on here, for example.

I'm thinking about all of you!
Natasha

Jan 12 09 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

made it here safe.  tomorrow we go to the funeral home and start the process.  I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

Jan 12 09 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

MegSchutz

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SLE Photography wrote:
We're all heartbroken.

I'll be selling limited edition signed and numbered prints of this image for $300 for 11x17 framed... 18+ https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic … e_count=18 and the proceeds will be going to a suicide helpline. Joye, the middle model in this image, was an inspiration and friend to me, and is already missed dearly.

To anyone who considers the act of taking their own life, please look closely at your community, whether it be in your local town/city, here on MM, on myspace, or where ever you find a friend, and remember that you make their life better in some way and that you will be missed. Don't doubt that fact. If something isn't worth living for, then look no further than your friends and family, because friends and family will miss you more than you ever know.

To anyone who has friends who are going through rough times, reassure them every day how much you love them, and reach out as far as you can to them.

Jan 12 09 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Kayelless wrote:
*huggs*
Thank, Natasha. Your note meant a lot.
but now I think about Joye and what happened and that makes me all the more determined to keep this thread and our efforts going.

Today I'm hurting something powerful one day after enjoying my birthday.  At least I'm stronger for what I've come through and I'm reminded of how much we need each other.

Hey Kevin, I'm glad that you are here on Mayhem, also that you arrived safely, and are there about ready to go to the funeral home.  I understand that this is not an easy thing.  There are so many reasons why this thread is so important!

Jan 12 09 09:02 pm Link

Model

Another Model

Wuhan, Hubei, China

Jan 12 09 11:15 pm Link