Forums > General Industry > They don't shoot with BLACK photographers???

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Samantha Grace wrote:
That's silly, I have shot with 2 black photographers. It doesn't matter what color you are. As long as I get my $$, or photos.

yeah it is silly, but a sad reality. it'd be nice if everyone kept itlike that. shoot, get paid and let's keep it business.

Nov 28 06 01:33 pm Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Mandy McKeating wrote:
no offense, but have you ever read a history book? africans did indeed trade african slaves. sorry to bust your bubble, but hey, facts are facts and wishful thinking is wishful thinking.

they still do. there is a white man who goes over to africa ... some anthropologist or activist or something ... he goes to tribes and finds men whose wives and children have been kidnapped, goes to the offending tribe and buys them back for them to be returned. This was on TV no more than 5 years ago.  There's footage of him conducting the transactions and getting the women back.

As for racism -- I shoot with latin and black photographers all the time! What's wrong with shooting with non-caucasian photographers? It's not like they all have criminal records, don't bathe and hit on the models just because they're not white!! Hell, if they're worried about safety, 99% of your serial killers are middle aged white men!! Are these bitches that stupid??

N.

Nov 28 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

addendum to MM rules:

If you want a heated 10 page post put BLACK in the topic. lol.

Nov 28 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Nemesis73 wrote:
they still do. there is a white man who goes over to africa ... some anthropologist or activist or something ... he goes to tribes and finds men whose wives and children have been kidnapped, goes to the offending tribe and buys them back for them to be returned. This was on TV no more than 5 years ago.  There's footage of him conducting the transactions and getting the women back.

As for racism -- I shoot with latin and black photographers all the time! What's wrong with shooting with non-caucasian photographers? It's not like they all have criminal records, don't bathe and hit on the models just because they're not white!! Hell, if they're worried about safety, 99% of your serial killers are middle aged white men!! Are these bitches that stupid??

N.

yes some are because of perception of fear from one and perception of safe with another. Nightlne showed a test that they did with some white kids at a elementary school. They showed a series of black and white people on video/slide asking them who looks safe and who didn't.

They first showed a black guy, who had a frown on his face, the other was straight face shot of a white man. Anyways, the kids said that the white looked safe and that the black man looke dangerous. Long story short, the black man is a young harvard professor who was frowing because the sun ws in his eyes. The white guy was Tymothy McVeigh. American Terrorist.

Nov 28 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

THE BARRON

Mandy McKeating wrote:

no offense, but have you ever read a history book? africans did indeed trade african slaves. sorry to bust your bubble, but hey, facts are facts and wishful thinking is wishful thinking.

by the why i never said there was no others forms of slavery the ancient form of african slavery was servitude. You were still a citizen you could even become a ruler your children were not slaves and your were not killed with impunity. They did not find it neccessary to make up a mythology where you were considered an animal and if they had sex with you they had to marry you.Your arguments would be a lot better if you did not start them with an insult and instead did what you accused me of not doing which is to read some history books your self, besides even if Africans had slavery that makes it ok or is it that it makes you feel better the Nazis killed Jews, Gypsies, gays and the retarded so would it be ok if we all did it.

Nov 28 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

Bondo Photo wrote:
You can't blame one race or the other. Morons are morons no matter what color, race, sex, or religion they happen to be.

Amen

Nov 28 06 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

Legacys 7 wrote:

EMG wrote:WTF is wrong with some of these white models?? You dumb asses.. I experienced just a small wiff of this type of prejudice over the weekend.. Anyone else care to share their thoughts???

Plus he confirmed this when he pointed out that someone confirmed that the model stated that she doesn't shoot with black photographers. Although he didn't need that part, because he made it very clear what he had meant....burp.

Ahhh... see... this is where things go awry...
A> His OP just states she's a "white" model (as a photographer, that makes him observant)... that's all

THEN

B> "Someone" confirmed it??? A friend of a friend who "knows someone". Sorry but coming from a news background that would never make the press... hiccup

Nov 28 06 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
WTF is wrong with some of these white models?? You dumb asses.. I experienced just a small wiff of this type of prejudice over the weekend.. Anyone else care to share their thoughts???

word....

Nov 28 06 01:47 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

There's WAY too much name-calling in here.  This post is the cut-off.  Any name-calling or flaming that I see after my post earns you a time-out, and I will not care what damn color you are.

Argue with each other's ideas minus the cheap shots.

Thank you.

/moderator

Nov 28 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

why don't you furnish the models MM# or something so we can invite her to give her input?..LOL

Nov 28 06 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

THE BARRON

LM Photography wrote:

You're talking about how racist white people supposedly are and only make yourself look just as racist in my eyes and obviously in lotus' as well. I cannot even believe the way you're talking bud.

So can you send me pictures of myself lynching white men or which system of segregation did I start how many white slaves do I have and which white people have I denied a decent education housing or employment people prejudging people is one thing trying to kill and destroy them is another. besides I don't have to talk about how racist white people are they do it themselves by their actions. Bud?

Nov 28 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

So bottom, bottom lining this yet again... and taking out the "color"... we still got a model that flaked on a photographer... bigger yawn

Nov 28 06 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:

Ahhh... see... this is where things go awry...
A> His OP just states she's a "white" model (as a photographer, that makes him observant)... that's all

THEN

B> "Someone" confirmed it??? A friend of a friend who "knows someone". Sorry but coming from a news background that would never make the press... hiccup

You're such the detective IM'AGE... meanwhile the press never reveals it sources.. but if you think I'm not telling the truth.. you should ask somebody.. (figure of speech)  Seems like I'm not the only one who has experienced this in some form.. Black, white, purple or otherwise!

Nov 28 06 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Shyly wrote:
There's WAY too much name-calling in here.  This post is the cut-off.  Any name-calling or flaming that I see after my post earns you a time-out, and I will not care what damn color you are.

Thank you.

/moderator

Damn ! Why did it miss my attention, that Shyly is a moderator. Good thing I been behavin' myself.

Nov 28 06 01:58 pm Link

Model

Pasha M

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Barron C wrote:
Slavery has always existed in some form or another but not chattel slavery based on race and on one race to say that ancient africans enslaved people for being white is absurd especially with no proof. Tell me when people of color had sex with people they said were not human and then sent their own children into slavery all the while claiming to be religious, show me a group of black people lynching and killing white children for exercising their rights, show me black cops shooting white unarmed assailants, show me black people practicing a form of apartheid against others show me black people having a picnic while their is a white corpse hanging in a tree behind them. Then maybe I would see your point.

I never said ancient africans enslaved white people for no reason.  I said those ancient civilizations enslaved all colors of people including white.  The reason for enslaving people of any race is the same all the time, because someone feels that another type of person is inferior to them.  and yes there were people who were sold into slavery at even that ancient time.  the definition of chattel is a personal property either movable or immovable.  All forms of slavery is chattel.  Being a slave of any kind is being someones personal property.

Nov 28 06 01:59 pm Link

Model

KM

BRONX, New York, US

Legacys 7 wrote:

Is that James Brown's daughter?

Wait James brown has a daughter??

Photographer

Legacys 7

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:
So bottom, bottom lining this yet again... and taking out the "color"... we still got a model that flaked on a photographer... bigger yawn

yeah, if you break rules like you are doing buy taking out the 'color' part. But we both know better than that. bigger burp.

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Project Photography wrote:
why don't you furnish the models MM# or something so we can invite her to give her input?..LOL

Not allowed by MM rules

Photographer

Legacys 7

EMG STUDIOS wrote:

You're such the detective IM'AGE... meanwhile the press never reveals it sources.. but if you think I'm not telling the truth.. you should ask somebody.. (figure of speech)  Seems like I'm not the only one who has experienced this in some form.. Black, white, purple or otherwise!

don't you just luv it when people make uncomplicated things complicated?

Nov 28 06 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Random Beauty wrote:

Wait James brown has a daughter??

lol, i was joking around and calling the model james brown's daughter. but yes, he does have kids.

Nov 28 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Shyly wrote:

Thank you.

/moderator

thank you.

Nov 28 06 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

I'm happy to amuze you..

Nov 28 06 02:04 pm Link

Model

Manda Mercure

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Barron C wrote:
by the why i never said there was no others forms of slavery the ancient form of african slavery was servitude. You were still a citizen you could even become a ruler your children were not slaves and your were not killed with impunity. They did not find it neccessary to make up a mythology where you were considered an animal and if they had sex with you they had to marry you.Your arguments would be a lot better if you did not start them with an insult and instead did what you accused me of not doing which is to read some history books your self, besides even if Africans had slavery that makes it ok or is it that it makes you feel better the Nazis killed Jews, Gypsies, gays and the retarded so would it be ok if we all did it.

firstly, i did not mean to insult you so i apologise if you took it that way. you're putting words in my mouth though; i am not saying that the fact that africans also took part in a slave trade made the concept of slavery against africans somehow more justified.. but your posts make it out that you are saying slavery and racism are things that only white people are guilty of. i'm simply stating that that is not true. all races have hated another at some point and have done bad things to eachother. no that does not make it ok, but it cannot be pinned on one skin colour.

Nov 28 06 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

EMG STUDIOS wrote:

No the press doesn't reveal it "reliable" sources... I'm commenting on the facts as stated. What was stated was you heard it from someone who said "she dosen't shoot with black photographers". That would be like me saying a friend of mine told me he heard "George Bush eats babies". Hearsay isn't considered verifyable.

And as for me thinking you're not telling the truth... no way... I never said that. I'm sure this is how you feel. The only point I was trying to bring up is the fact it was a shoot gone bad. We've all had them, but what if she was black... would we have spent 7 pages in the forum on it (actually we probably would have smile

Nov 28 06 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

THE BARRON

Pasha Morena wrote:

I never said ancient africans enslaved white people for no reason.  I said those ancient civilizations enslaved all colors of people including white.  The reason for enslaving people of any race is the same all the time, because someone feels that another type of person is inferior to them.  and yes there were people who were sold into slavery at even that ancient time.  the definition of chattel is a personal property either movable or immovable.  All forms of slavery is chattel.  Being a slave of any kind is being someones personal property.

Slaves are not always personal property sometimes they are owned by the state in the annals of human history their was never a more cruel form of slavery than that practiced on this continent and really most of us all of us are really slaves economic slaves. I noticed you left out any response to the other parts of my argument my argument was mostly about racism slavery is just one of it's syptoms. Acting as though everyone has treated everyone the same is simply silly it might make you feel better but that does not make it true.

Nov 28 06 02:17 pm Link

Model

KM

BRONX, New York, US

Um if the model specifically said 'I don't shoot with black people'' then thats a problem! But maybe she didn't like ur style of photography. But everyone could be a little prejudice wen it comes to certain things for example whould you buy Chinese food from a Mexican named Pablo? Think about it that's a form of prejudice. I for example won't get threaded by a non south Asian woman.

Nov 28 06 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

Random Beauty wrote:
Um if the model specifically said 'I don't shoot with black people'' then thats a problem! But maybe she didn't like ur style of photography. But everyone could be a little prejudice wen it comes to certain things for example whould you buy Chinese food from a Mexican named Pablo? Think about it that's a form of prejudice. I for example won't get threaded by a non south Asian woman.

that makes no sense.... are you saying in this argument that black photogs are not good?  I'm pretty sure you probably didn't mean that..so what do you mean?

Nov 28 06 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Random Beauty wrote:
Um if the model specifically said 'I don't shoot with black people'' then thats a problem! But maybe she didn't like ur style of photography.

Thank you... that's the point I've been trying to make (obviously poorly). If she said it to EMG's face, then by all means the thread is warranted.

Nov 28 06 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:

No the press doesn't reveal it "reliable" sources... I'm commenting on the facts as stated. What was stated was you heard it from someone who said "she dosen't shoot with black photographers". That would be like me saying a friend of mine told me he heard "George Bush eats babies". Hearsay isn't considered verifyable.

And as for me thinking you're not telling the truth... no way... I never said that. I'm sure this is how you feel. The only point I was trying to bring up is the fact it was a shoot gone bad. We've all had them, but what if she was black... would we have spent 7 pages in the forum on it (actually we probably would have smile

yes it would turn to a 7 page and longer. you see these flake pages often.

Nov 28 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

THE BARRON

Mandy McKeating wrote:

firstly, i did not mean to insult you so i apologise if you took it that way. you're putting words in my mouth though; I am not saying that the fact that africans also took part in a slave trade made the concept of slavery against africans somehow more justified.. but your posts make it out that you are saying slavery and racism are things that only white people are guilty of. I'm simply stating that that is not true. all races have hated another at some point and have done bad things to eachother. no that does not make it ok, but it cannot be pinned on one skin colour.

So if this is true show me the examples of Africans treating Europeans in the same manner slavery, colonialism, rape of our female ancestors, apartheid, lynching denying the rights of whites to education, housing life and liberty all the while making us pay taxes and fight in your wars against other people of colour.All of us are racist white black brown we all read the same books we all watch the same movies we are all feed the same shit and very few rise above this ignorance, but to act as though we (people of colour) all share the blame for the policies of a few white european males is silly and short sighted and simply not true.

Nov 28 06 02:29 pm Link

Model

KM

BRONX, New York, US

that makes no sense.... are you saying in this argument that black photogs are not good?  I'm pretty sure you probably didn't mean that..so what do you mean?

No that is not what I mean I'm saying its about style ect.. And if she was straight up saying she dosent shoot with black photographers? I know from experience that sometimes when u tell someone no they take it up the ass flip the situation and turn it into a racial thing! The food thing was just an example of a form of prejudice.

Nov 28 06 02:37 pm Link

Model

Candy Poses

Seattle, Washington, US

I wouldn't believe that this kind of thing still happened...

But I once got an email from a photographer I was in communication with saying, "oh, by the way- I'm Asian.  Is that alright?"

Why wouldn't it be alright?

And today I recieved another email from a photographer asking, "What race are you?"

Why is it your business?  I'm 100% sexy looking, and that's all you need to know.

And, for the record, of course I've shot with black photographers.  And white ones.  And asian ones.  And arab ones.  And hispanic ones.  What I'd really like to do is shoot with a woman, just once.  All of the people I've shot with have been guys.

Nov 28 06 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Candy Poses wrote:
"What race are you?"

What race are you? Human

What nationality are you? American

What religion are you? My own

What ethnicity are you? I have none

Nov 28 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Random Beauty wrote:

If you read the effing thread you will notice the it was reported model said race was the reason, not style.
was it that stupid statement about South Asians ?

Model

KM

BRONX, New York, US

Candy Poses wrote:
I wouldn't believe that this kind of thing still happened...

But I once got an email from a photographer I was in communication with saying, "oh, by the way- I'm Asian.  Is that alright?"

Why wouldn't it be alright?

And today I recieved another email from a photographer asking, "What race are you?"

Why is it your business?  I'm 100% sexy looking, and that's all you need to know.

And, for the record, of course I've shot with black photographers.  And white ones.  And asian ones.  And arab ones.  And hispanic ones.  What I'd really like to do is shoot with a woman, just once.  All of the people I've shot with have been guys.

Lmao about the 100% sexy looking! I would so say that! But sumtimes for certain projects the photographer might be looking for a certain race or look.

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

Candy Poses wrote:
I'm 100% sexy looking, and that's all you need to know.

I completely disagree it's more like 110% sexy looking!

Nov 28 06 02:42 pm Link

Model

Paz Crystal

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ahhahaha their just stupid girls

Nov 28 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

damn that suxs, i have the opposite i cannot get a black model anytime i am in the usa, black, white ,chinese, we are all just people after all, good luck do not let the short sighted wear you down.

Nov 28 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

IM'AGE.. I'm not going to feed into your idiotic train of thought in regards to this post to help boost your thread post count. I'm done responding to you on this matter but I will finish with you by stating that I guess the other photographers that had models show up and not even get out the car are liars too?

Nov 28 06 02:45 pm Link

Model

Nala Mills

Chicago, Illinois, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
IM'AGE.. I'm not going to feed into your idiotic train of thought in regards to this post to help boost your thread post count. I'm done responding to you on this matter but I will finish with you by stating that I guess the other photographers that had models show up and not even get out the car are liars too?

Is it me or did the other model say that she was there when it happened? So, that must mean that it wasn't s(he) say right?

Nov 28 06 02:51 pm Link