New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Star Child wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/health/newsid_8563000/8563670.stm sad

https://freedomandjelly.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/sad-panda.jpg

Mar 12 10 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I found out today that I'm a member of the male race.  We have our own race, now?  Why don't people tell me these things?

Mar 14 10 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Star Child wrote:
I found out today that I'm a member of the male race.  We have our own race, now?  Why don't people tell me these things?

As long as it's a marathon and not a 50 yd dash.

On a side note, I'm debating whether or not to give up my photography.

Mar 14 10 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

You're not allowed to.  I like it, and i'll beat you. big_smile

Mar 14 10 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Miss Murder Photography wrote:

Ditto. Is fun. No?

Mar 14 10 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I just finished taking a job application test for a job in a field of work that I left after having incredibly stressful issues - I was a light manufacturing line supervisor. Going through the test brought my mind back to those days again.  Right now I'm still feeling the affects of a panic attack.
I need a job, but if just the thought can trigger a panic attack.... not good.

Mar 14 10 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:
I just finished taking a job application test for a job in a field of work that I left after having incredibly stressful issues - I was a light manufacturing line supervisor. Going through the test brought my mind back to those days again.  Right now I'm still feeling the affects of a panic attack.

Those types of positions always depend on the company itself. The problem is, it's hard to know until you're actually there for awhile. Some places the job is little to no stress, other places it's all stress.

I can't offer advice here since I don't know about the job, but I do hope everything works out for you. smile

Mar 15 10 03:03 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

A chance I'll have to take. wink

Star Child wrote:
Ditto. Is fun. No?

It's extremely fun and I love every second of it....when I'm actually shooting. I'm having problems finding anyone willing to shoot with me so that's not nearly as often as I'd like. Though I could always pay the local self-proclaimed supermodels $300/hr to shoot.

I still have one shoot set up with Nolette left to do. After that, we'll see what happens. All the others I've been communicating with have stopped responding. sad

Mar 15 10 03:05 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

It's extremely fun and I love every second of it....when I'm actually shooting. I'm having problems finding anyone willing to shoot with me so that's not nearly as often as I'd like. Though I could always pay the local self-proclaimed supermodels $300/hr to shoot.

I still have one shoot set up with Nolette left to do. After that, we'll see what happens. All the others I've been communicating with have stopped responding. sad

eek, I can't even get 20 bucks out of photographers. not fair big_smile

What's with that? I get that. We have things actually scheduled and then the photographer falls off the face of the map. wtf?

Nolette just seems so sweet along with her talent...you should have a great shoot

Mar 15 10 03:52 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:

maybe it's what you need. to face the stressor and conquer it?
When I got runaway with by a horse, I felt like I nearly died from hyperventilation on the way out to the stables the next week. best ride of my life that week

Mar 15 10 03:54 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

A chance I'll have to take. wink

Location, location, location.
I was just grousing to myself yesterday about how difficult it is in my area to find the right models I'm looking to work with.

Mar 15 10 07:19 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Faith EnFire wrote:

eek, I can't even get 20 bucks out of photographers. not fair big_smile

What's with that? I get that. We have things actually scheduled and then the photographer falls off the face of the map. wtf?

Nolette just seems so sweet along with her talent...you should have a great shoot

My normal TF* shoot includes one or more of the following in addition to your choice of photos from the shoot:

Lunch and/or dinner depending on what time the shoot starts/ends.
Full tank of gas.
Clothing used in the shoot if you don't already have what's needed.
Money in various amounts but not $300/hr. Usually about $20-$40.

I'd make it worth your while if you shot with me. smile

You should see the portfolios of these self-proclaimed "supermodels" also. Nothing to brag about and definitely not worth what they're asking for. MySpace pics would be an improvement.

And Nolette is a real sweetheart. I've shot with her twice already and both times were a blast. The first shoot last 8+ hours and took place between 2 states and probably 5 or 6 counties and I bought her dinner. My avatar is from that shoot. The second was about 6 hours and she bought me dinner. big_smile

So, saying all that it's hard for me to understand why I can't get anyone within a 2 hour drive to agree to shoot with me without going broke. Unless I really do just suck that bad. I don't think I come across as creepy.

But, we'll see what happens. Maybe as the weather gets better I'll get some interest.

Mar 15 10 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

Location, location, location.
I was just grousing to myself yesterday about how difficult it is in my area to find the right models I'm looking to work with.

Yeah, I say the same thing. Location. I'm not even trying to find the right models I'm trying to find any model. I'll work with just about anyone and figure out what to shoot based on who shows interest in shooting with me.

But, I'm tired of getting contacted by a model wanting to shoot, coming up with the idea, getting the "OMG, That's an awesome idea! Let's do it!", then I go through the time, effort, and expense of getting the props and setting/location lined up only to have the model not get back to me. Just....disappear.

If you only knew some of the things I've gone through only to not be able to shoot because they just disappear. I've called in a lot of favors for nothing. sad

I think this could be part of my downward slide right now.

Mar 15 10 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Yeah, I say the same thing. Location. I'm not even trying to find the right models I'm trying to find any model. I'll work with just about anyone and figure out what to shoot based on who shows interest in shooting with me.

But, I'm tired of getting contacted by a model wanting to shoot, coming up with the idea, getting the "OMG, That's an awesome idea! Let's do it!", then I go through the time, effort, and expense of getting the props and setting/location lined up only to have the model not get back to me. Just....disappear.

If you only knew some of the things I've gone through only to not be able to shoot because they just disappear. I've called in a lot of favors for nothing. sad

https://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/1/128673365110887685.jpg

Mar 15 10 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

kind of sounds like it. sad

Mar 15 10 06:13 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

https://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/1/128673365110887685.jpg

omgoodness...too cute

Mar 16 10 07:42 am Link

Model

Aruna

Naperville, Illinois, US

My normal TF* shoot includes one or more of the following in addition to your choice of photos from the shoot:

Lunch and/or dinner depending on what time the shoot starts/ends.
Full tank of gas.
Clothing used in the shoot if you don't already have what's needed.
Money in various amounts but not $300/hr. Usually about $20-$40.

I'd make it worth your while if you shot with me. smile

You should see the portfolios of these self-proclaimed "supermodels" also. Nothing to brag about and definitely not worth what they're asking for. MySpace pics would be an improvement.

And Nolette is a real sweetheart. I've shot with her twice already and both times were a blast. The first shoot last 8+ hours and took place between 2 states and probably 5 or 6 counties and I bought her dinner. My avatar is from that shoot. The second was about 6 hours and she bought me dinner. big_smile

So, saying all that it's hard for me to understand why I can't get anyone within a 2 hour drive to agree to shoot with me without going broke. Unless I really do just suck that bad. I don't think I come across as creepy.

But, we'll see what happens. Maybe as the weather gets better I'll get some interest.

Wow! That's really generous! I would sooooo wanna be your poser. wink

Mar 16 10 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

ArunaDiesPretty wrote:

I'm guessing my lunch at Subway offer wasn't very appealing? tongue

Mar 16 10 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Major win.  Got into an art show in June at a local Vancouver gallery.  So pleased yet so VERY nervous. big_smile

Mar 16 10 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Major win.  Got into an art show in June at a local Vancouver gallery.  So pleased yet so VERY nervous. big_smile

big_smile

Mar 16 10 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Star Child wrote:

big_smile

big_smile

It's free for the artists, we get 100% commission.  Normal people pay $10 at the door, and we gotta invite as many peeps as possible :p

Mar 16 10 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

big_smile

It's free for the artists, we get 100% commission.  Normal people pay $10 at the door, and we gotta invite as many peeps as possible :p

I'm gonna go drown myself in chocolate covered donuts

Mar 16 10 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Star Child wrote:

lol  Sounds like a plan ... but smile while you do that, k?

Don't forget to send a few my way ... I love chocolate!  tongue

Mar 16 10 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Heck, I might even be able to make it in June!  That would be awesome to see you!

Mar 16 10 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Star Child wrote:

EMAIL ME SOME!  I want donuts :d

Mar 16 10 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Heck, I might even be able to make it in June!  That would be awesome to see you!

big_smile  That would be super kewww!

Mar 16 10 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

big_smile  That would be super kewww!

There are some GREAT models, AND photographers in the Vancouver area ... of which you are one!  I'm down the coast aways, but I can't think of a more spectacular road trip than diving up the West Coast all the way there. 

Most importantly, congratulations on getting a gallery showing.  borat

Mar 16 10 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I guess I got a WIN sorta,
Went to see my psychiatrist today. Because I don't have insurance I have to pay full amount for the visit, but they'll take partial payments.

Also, I have an appointment with the temp agency on Thursday to finish job application process.

Mar 16 10 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Patrick Walberg wrote:

There are some GREAT models, AND photographers in the Vancouver area ... of which you are one!  I'm down the coast aways, but I can't think of a more spectacular road trip than diving up the West Coast all the way there. 

Most importantly, congratulations on getting a gallery showing.  borat

big_smile there are some cool artists around here for sure.

Star Child wrote:
Went to see my psychiatrist today. Because I don't have insurance I have to pay full amount for the visit, but they'll take partial payments.

Also, I have an appointment with the temp agency on Thursday to finish job application process.

borat

Mar 16 10 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

I want that kitten! yikes

Mar 16 10 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

ArunaDiesPretty wrote:

Anytime you're ready and we're able to get together. Even if I do decide to stop doing this it won't be a complete withdrawal and I'll still keep my gear because I take photos of a lot of other stuff.

Star Child wrote:
I'm guessing my lunch at Subway offer wasn't very appealing? tongue

I bet it was. It would be for me. In fact, that's where Nolette and I went on our first shoot. big_smile

Mar 16 10 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *HAPPY DANCE* And I don't even dance well so I'm really happy.

Star Child wrote:

If you didn't see the thread, I'm making chocolate lollipops now.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=555637

Star Child wrote:

And this makes me extremely happy!!!!!!! Way to go Kevin.

OK. I have a small win...very small in comparison. A cute model I contacted back in September got ahold of me today and wants to shoot next week. So, ummmm.....we'll see how that goes. smile I don't wanna get my hopes up.

Mar 16 10 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *HAPPY DANCE* And I don't even dance well so I'm really happy.

Star Child wrote:

If you didn't see the thread, I'm making chocolate lollipops now.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=555637

And this makes me extremely happy!!!!!!! Way to go Kevin.

OK. I have a small win...very small in comparison. A cute model I contacted back in September got ahold of me today and wants to shoot next week. So, ummmm.....we'll see how that goes. smile I don't wanna get my hopes up.

I demand some chocolate bunny pops! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE lol

Mar 16 10 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

I demand some chocolate bunny pops! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE lol

I don't gots no bunny molds. That pic in that thread is just one I found somewhere to show the idea.

I have flowers, sea creatures, a princess, a castle, a stagecoach....and a bunch of smiley faces.

Nori got a batch of them. She said she liked them. It's chocolate so it's hard to mess it up. smile

Mar 16 10 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I don't gots no bunny molds. That pic in that thread is just one I found somewhere to show the idea.

I have flowers, sea creatures, a princess, a castle, a stagecoach....and a bunch of smiley faces.

Nori got a batch of them. She said she liked them. It's chocolate so it's hard to mess it up. smile

Send her a princess smile

Mar 16 10 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

Send her a princess smile

I send whole batches. That's one of each.

Mar 16 10 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I send whole batches. That's one of each.

you so rock big_smile

Mar 16 10 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

I just like the idea of chocolate lollipops honestly XD

Mar 17 10 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

I just like the idea of chocolate lollipops honestly XD

I have these molds so far (but I haven't used the Smiley Face mold yet)

Roses & Buds
Sea Creatures
Smiley Face
Fairy Tale
Springtime

I don't do them exactly like you see, though. I use different colors and usually not the same exact coloring each time. smile

Mar 17 10 04:25 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

smile
chocolate lollipops

Mar 17 10 04:44 am Link