Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Star Child wrote:
When I posted earlier, I hadn't gone to bed yet so I laid down shortly after that. So when I got up at noon we had some big blessings going on.

A dear friend sent me some money which is going to help with my current financial needs.
Also, I had a message from my temp agency that I signed with. Played phone tag for a short bit and then I got to talk with a account manager. They had a job opportunity for me.
And typically, they don't get requests at that particular branch for jobs that pay as much as I need, but this one was in the ball park. big_smile

He had to forward my resume to the company and see if they want to interview me on Monday.

Just stay with that faith. This is a witness.

Awesomeness! You are a wonderful person, Kev. God loves you and will make sure you're OK. He placed some good people in your path (this thread for one example) so you wouldn't have to be alone.

Peace, my brother. smile

Mar 27 10 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

We keep this thread going because we want everybody who has struggled with issues of depression, or suicide or any mental illness related issue to know that they're not alone.
We know how tough it is. We know the pain and feelings of isolation. We know those feelings of shame and desperation. We know what's like to sit in the middle of a big dark room even while standing in the midday sun.

We're here to say we are able and that we can do more than just cope. We can win our battles against mental illness.

We are here.

Mar 27 10 08:05 pm Link

Model

Roxie Red

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

today was a hard day. hard enough that i texted my ex husband...who ruined my life. for whatever reason i still feel like he is the only one who cared. i'm over tired, over worked, and it's taking a toll on me. not to mention the fact i am horrible about taking my depression medication.

so here i am.

edit: and sadly i realized how long i sat here waiting for a response...night.

Mar 27 10 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Roxie Red wrote:
today was a hard day. hard enough that i texted my ex husband...who ruined my life. for whatever reason i still feel like he is the only one who cared. i'm over tired, over worked, and it's taking a toll on me. not to mention the fact i am horrible about taking my depression medication.

so here i am.

sad I know the feeling. Sometimes I wonder whether anyone in my life (not including here) actually cares. I feel I have no one I can talk to face to face.

I hope you figure out what you need to do. smile

Mar 28 10 03:07 am Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Roxie Red wrote:

so here i am.

*big hugs*

Mar 28 10 03:45 am Link

Photographer

jawsphoto007

Columbia, Missouri, US

thanks for posting this. i suffered from depression but doing much better. I attempted suicide once and it was quite https://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.png. Glad to know people care.

Mar 28 10 03:49 am Link

Model

Roxie Red

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

sad I know the feeling. Sometimes I wonder whether anyone in my life (not including here) actually cares. I feel I have no one I can talk to face to face.

do you ever just feel like everyone, including lovers or family, when they say they love you...they are just lying? like i'm convenient for their life right now...but when shit gets real...who would stick around for it?

Mar 28 10 04:19 pm Link

Model

Roxie Red

do you ever just feel like everyone, including lovers or family, when they say they love you...they are just lying? like i'm convenient for their life right now...but when shit gets real...who would stick around for it?

Mar 28 10 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Nicole Nygaard

Sacramento, California, US

Roxie Red wrote:

Don't be sad! You're too beautiful to be sad. Sometimes I just think my family uses me for money. And because I've been used by people throughout my life.
Just know somebody loves you

Mar 28 10 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Roxie Red wrote:

All the time. I've hinted at some of my family problems in this thread. I rarely associate with my family anymore.

I almost always feel like I'm just a person of convenience when they need something. I guess that's part of what turned me into a welcome mat for everyone to walk all over and wipe their feet on.

I know what you're going through. smile

Mar 28 10 06:04 pm Link

Model

Roxie Red

All the time. I've hinted at some of my family problems in this thread. I rarely associate with my family anymore.

I almost always feel like I'm just a person of convenience when they need something. I guess that's part of what turned me into a welcome mat for everyone to walk all over and wipe their feet on.

I know what you're going through. smile

do you want to talk about your family stuff?

Mar 28 10 10:59 pm Link

Model

Roxie Red

NNygaard Studios wrote:

Don't be sad! You're too beautiful to be sad. Sometimes I just think my family uses me for money. And because I've been used by people throughout my life.
Just know somebody loves you

but see....see that's the thing. i can get a lot of guys/girls to date me...i'm fun really outgoing and attractive (i'm not trying to sound cocky, just hear me out)

but a lot of time's it's my "lets be fun facade" and when i get depressed or when shit gets real or i episode...they scram.

i dated one guy for about 4 months and then married him. then i dated another guy for  months and he used my disorder against me. and now i'm living with my boyfriend of six months...but it's not just that. i always feel like i'm holding my breath with my family, prob because my parents walked. but i can't shake this feeling...

if they knew who i really was...they would walk too.

(don't give you family money anymore!! that's sad they use you.)

Mar 28 10 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

i honestly had a shite day but i'm trying to fix it...

Mar 29 10 12:00 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Miss Murder Photography wrote:
i honestly had a shite day but i'm trying to fix it...

need wrench or hammer?

Mar 29 10 12:43 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

in our heart is the answers we seek, its a beautiful life

Mar 29 10 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Nicole Nygaard

Sacramento, California, US

Roxie Red wrote:

but see....see that's the thing. i can get a lot of guys/girls to date me...i'm fun really outgoing and attractive (i'm not trying to sound cocky, just hear me out)

but a lot of time's it's my "lets be fun facade" and when i get depressed or when shit gets real or i episode...they scram.

i dated one guy for about 4 months and then married him. then i dated another guy for  months and he used my disorder against me. and now i'm living with my boyfriend of six months...but it's not just that. i always feel like i'm holding my breath with my family, prob because my parents walked. but i can't shake this feeling...

if they knew who i really was...they would walk too.

(don't give you family money anymore!! that's sad they use you.)

I'm going to pm you

Mar 29 10 01:40 am Link

Model

Roxie Red

LeDeux Art wrote:
in our heart is the answers we seek, its a beautiful life

'

scary thought to look inside oneself and hope to find beauty...

Mar 29 10 02:20 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Roxie Red wrote:

do you want to talk about your family stuff?

Nah. I buried it deep. It's coming back out, but slowly. The bottom line is I fooled myself into believing I had a great family life growing up. Now I'm realizing things weren't really that way.

Thanks, though. smile

Mar 29 10 02:39 am Link

Model

Roxie Red

Nah. I buried it deep. It's coming back out, but slowly. The bottom line is I fooled myself into believing I had a great family life growing up. Now I'm realizing things weren't really that way.

Thanks, though. smile

i did the same thing...can't know something isn't right if that's all you know...

Mar 29 10 02:44 am Link

Model

Julia Gold

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

*hugs everyone*

Mar 29 10 03:19 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Sunday was rather a disaster but it ended with me watching the blind side.
With the negativity at home sometimes it's hard to deal with my depression

Mar 29 10 06:06 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Julia Gold wrote:
*hugs everyone*

*HUGS*

Missed you. How ya doin'?

Faith EnFire wrote:
Sunday was rather a disaster but it ended with me watching the blind side.
With the negativity at home sometimes it's hard to deal with my depression

Sometimes I'm glad I live alone. Most times I think I'd like someone here to talk to. The problem is that most people don't understand how someone can be alone in a crowded room. That makes it worse I think.

Mar 29 10 10:56 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Julia Gold wrote:
*hugs everyone*

*HUGS*

Missed you. How ya doin'?

Sometimes I'm glad I live alone. Most times I think I'd like someone here to talk to. The problem is that most people don't understand how someone can be alone in a crowded room. That makes it worse I think.

especially if they think we should just be positive smile and it's something that we can just take care of with some happy thoughts

Mar 29 10 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Star Child wrote:

need wrench or hammer?

I'd be tempted to beat myself in the head with it :

Mar 29 10 11:58 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

especially if they think we should just be positive smile and it's something that we can just take care of with some happy thoughts

Yeah. "Think happy thoughts. Puppies and kittens." is a good sign the person offering advice has no idea of what we're going through.

Sorry to learn about your Sunday. Mine was up and down. Gave myself a life lesson the hard way. *ouch*

Mar 29 10 12:15 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:

Yeah. "Think happy thoughts. Puppies and kittens." is a good sign the person offering advice has no idea of what we're going through.

Sorry to learn about your Sunday. Mine was up and down. Gave myself a life lesson the hard way. *ouch*

sometimes, it needs to be the hard way. otherwise, we don't remember it smile

Mar 29 10 12:18 pm Link

Model

Aruna

Naperville, Illinois, US

So, according to my mom who I live with, the whole internet world is one big predator as far as she is concerned. Out of "respect" for her crazy fears, I must not go anywhere beyond walking distance by myself, nor must I meet anyone that we do not know. I must grow old and die in this house, never meeting anyone or experiencing anything.

But hey, at least my mom "loves" me! Yay for parental "love"! smile

FML x(

Mar 29 10 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
sometimes, it needs to be the hard way. otherwise, we don't remember it smile

I seemed to have used that method most of my life. Over a course of time all those self inflicted head butts then to make a strong impact.

ArunaDiesPretty wrote:
So, according to my mom who I live with, the whole internet world is one big predator as far as she is concerned. Out of "respect" for her crazy fears, I must not go anywhere beyond walking distance by myself, nor must I meet anyone that we do not know. I must grow old and die in this house, never meeting anyone or experiencing anything.

FML x(

*huggs* sad
I know you know that she's just ill-informed, but she probably doesn't realize the choke hold she's putting on you.
There is a lot of wisdom in the statement, "If you love someone. Set them free."

Mar 29 10 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

ArunaDiesPretty wrote:

FML x(

Can you move out?

Mar 29 10 12:44 pm Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

The Woodlands, Texas, US

Where's Natasha?  I found the place where I was hurt a while back.  I went driving a few weeks ago and I found it.  I remembered the domes from that night and I just drove and drove up highway 6 until I found them and then drove down the dirt road until I found the field.  Weird thing is, I don't feel closure in the way I thought I would.  sad

Mar 29 10 12:45 pm Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

The Woodlands, Texas, US

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4425608126_a7e3d2ea29.jpg
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4425608062_582dca693b.jpg
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4425608092_28dbd43a76.jpg
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4425608112_1a734046b9_b.jpg

Mar 29 10 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:
Where's Natasha?  I found the place where I was hurt a while back.  I went driving a few weeks ago and I found it.  I remembered the domes from that night and I just drove and drove up highway 6 until I found them and then drove down the dirt road until I found the field.  Weird thing is, I don't feel closure in the way I thought I would.  sad

She's been taking an MM break. Did you send her a PM?

Mar 29 10 12:57 pm Link

Model

Aruna

Naperville, Illinois, US

Miss Murder Photography wrote:

Can you move out?

No.

Mar 29 10 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:

Closure is often overrated and almost never what we would expect. To me, it's simply become the end of another chapter in my life. Nothing special because I'm always right on to the next.

BTW, I like how you captured those photos.

Mar 29 10 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Faith EnFire wrote:

Yes, that. I remember a conversation I had with my mom not too long ago. I was trying to tell her I was depressed. She kept coming back with all the reasons I should not be depressed. How I should be happy. That I was being silly for feeling depressed.

I guess if I went back to my old way of thinking where I was fooling myself I could maybe convince myself I am happy. I dunno. I don't think I'll try.

Mar 29 10 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

How often do you feel like you're not welcomed in this world?
How often do you feel like you're not welcomed on Model Mayhem?
How often do you feel like you're not even welcomed on the internet?
How often does it seem as though you've trespassed on someone's day simply for looking at them and saying, "Hello?"

How often have you struggled with the question of "what's wrong with me?"

Mar 29 10 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:
How often do you feel like you're not welcomed in this world?
How often do you feel like you're not welcomed on Model Mayhem?
How often do you feel like you're not even welcomed on the internet?
How often does it seem as though you've trespassed on someone's day simply for looking at them and saying, "Hello?"

This is a constant thing for me. It's so often that it's become a part of me and I don't think I'd know how to act if things suddenly became different.

It's part of what pushes me down.

Mar 30 10 02:39 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

this one, never any more

There was a girl in my hs class, kept to herself. saw her in the hall one day, walked past, felt a spiritual nudge and turned and said "hey"

We became class friends. At the end of the year, she gave me a candle and said that she had decided that no one cared if she existed and she was going to kill herself but that day, I said hi to her. And she realized, she wasnt alone

so if I feel the urge to say hi now, I will

Mar 30 10 04:22 am Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

Star Child wrote:

At least once a day...and several times per day this past winter.

Mar 30 10 05:36 am Link

Model

Aruna

Naperville, Illinois, US

ArunaDiesPretty wrote:

FML x(

Dear Photographer,

Please understand that I am not a flake. I live with my crazy ignorant mother whom I hate right now, and she is forcing me to act like a flake. I've tried to explain this to her, but she is too stupid and stubborn to understand. The fights that we have had over the past week have created so much hatred in me towards her.

Damn, May is going to be awkward and depressing this year, because it's Mother's Day and our birthdays. But now I am soooo disgusted with my mom that I wish I had nothing to do with her. I don't care how much she's done for me. I don't care that I depend on to her run this comfy household, and to maintain my looks & health, and lifestyle. I hate her.

I hate the way she thinks (or doesn't think). I hate the things she says. I hate how she brings up all my failures and holds them against me so she can prove her point. I could go on & on... Yes, I am biting the hand that feeds me, but that hand is also keeping me down.

She's afraid that I will get myself killed, but sometimes I almost wish that I would get killed so that I don't have to wake up and see her face.

Well, at least I'm more motivated to push for work at yet another dead end job at the mall. At least working at Starbucks will get me out of the house and away from her. Maybe I'll be so happy to be away from her that I will actually do a stellar job.

Oh, good morning by the way. I just rolled outta bed, lol.

Mar 30 10 08:06 am Link