Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Some days I feel powerful and capable of overcoming any challenge.  Today is not one of those days.  It's days like these that I'm glad that I know better.

Nov 10 11 09:46 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:
Some days I feel powerful and capable of overcoming any challenge.  Today is not one of those days.  It's days like these that I'm glad that I know better.

smile

Nov 10 11 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Today is one of those days where I wish all of us could get together at a coffee shop someplace and just talk, laugh and enjoy the moment.

Nov 11 11 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Light Writer

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Star Child wrote:
Today is one of those days where I wish all of us could get together at a coffee shop someplace and just talk, laugh and enjoy the moment.

Or dinner at Boston Market!
:-)

Nov 11 11 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Niall Photo wrote:

Or dinner at Boston Market!
:-)

borat

Nov 11 11 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

some times weekends can be the most difficult times

Nov 12 11 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Star Child wrote:
some times weekends can be the most difficult times

That's why my crisis culminated on a Friday back in 2008.  The fact that I knew I'd have to be alone for two straight days was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Nov 12 11 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:

That's why my crisis culminated on a Friday back in 2008.  The fact that I knew I'd have to be alone for two straight days was the straw that broke the camel's back.

One feels as if on an island thousands of miles away from anyone

Nov 12 11 12:58 pm Link

Model

N i c

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Many thanks to OP and all those who've posted and shared here. Is very helpful.

Nov 13 11 12:01 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Morning all. We can have coffee here today.
I'm in a dark place but I can see the light, so i drag myself that way. The latest results from a shoot may have made that light a little brighter smile
i love working with him. It's fun to explore the creepy/dark side and have the results be so cool

Nov 14 11 04:30 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_al-uCj3z2hc/SBaYf4RoRKI/AAAAAAAAALQ/N5b14940fiE/s400/lolcat%2Bcoffee.jpg

Nov 15 11 05:22 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_al-uCj3z2hc/SBaYf4RoRKI/AAAAAAAAALQ/N5b14940fiE/s400/lolcat%2Bcoffee.jpg

big_smile

Nov 15 11 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

and thanks given to all the wonderful people of this thread

Nov 15 11 09:25 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

ty

found this...i wonder if myspace pics will every be considered a style to be strived for

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N6vJSpdYIHw/TZwleHFNjFI/AAAAAAAAAHc/CaV9pkKq2L0/s1600/emocatiztakin128392154706718750.jpg

Nov 15 11 10:00 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

and another appropriate img
https://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/moyer566/other/271692485axUZjM_fs-2.jpg

Nov 15 11 10:15 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Nov 15 11 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
found this...i wonder if myspace pics will every be considered a style to be strived for

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N6vJSpdYIHw/TZwleHFNjFI/AAAAAAAAAHc/CaV9pkKq2L0/s1600/emocatiztakin128392154706718750.jpg
and another appropriate img
https://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/moyer566/other/271692485axUZjM_fs-2.jpg

big_smile lol

Nov 15 11 10:24 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Nov 15 11 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

miss her too much

Nov 15 11 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

Limperis Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

there is a website: www.twloha.com. fantastic site, it has helped me alot.

Nov 15 11 10:56 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

it's hump day. I can deal with that. I'm feeling a little up.

Nov 16 11 05:30 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Limperis Portraits wrote:
there is a website: www.twloha.com. fantastic site, it has helped me alot.

This is a fantastic site and organization.

Nov 16 11 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
it's hump day. I can deal with that. I'm feeling a little up.

Gotta get over the hump. smile

Nov 16 11 08:50 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

my work day is already halfway over. I can deal with the rest. smile

Nov 16 11 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
my work day is already halfway over. I can deal with the rest. smile

Mine has yet to begin, but if I get to laugh as hard as I did yesterday tonight will be a breeze.

Nov 16 11 09:26 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:

Mine has yet to begin, but if I get to laugh as hard as I did yesterday tonight will be a breeze.

smile
i want to go home now. please and thank you

Nov 16 11 09:28 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

smile
i want to go home now. please and thank you

It's raining here

Nov 16 11 09:33 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:

It's raining here

in my headphones I've got birds and rain and thunder...very calming

Nov 16 11 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hey y'all. I'm back from another few days in the hospital. I missed y'all.

Nov 16 11 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

netmodel

Austin, Texas, US

A few months ago, I met a guy who looked very handsome - muscular blue eyed blonde - you know the typical next door American jock - at a fund raising party. I was actually intrigued about him but he had an attitude with me so I just figured... screw him. However, when the party was ending, he started being nice to me... and I was like, "It's the alcohol." I left. Hey.. he gave me attitude so he gets my attitude!

Yet, I could sense that something was torturing him. I couldn't figure out what it was.

A week later, I found him through Facebook but I was hesitant to friend him. But I learned that he's a registered nurse in ER.

Two weeks ago, to my surprise he messaged me and said hi. I didn't reply back because I was busy as heck. 

Yesterday, he was no longer a nurse, he became a patient. He committed suicide. He's still breathing but brain dead. His life support will be pulled tomorrow and his organs be donated so it's bittersweet knowing that even though he worked in ER saving lives, he is STILL going to save more lives after his death. 

Naturally, I wish I could have known him more and now that he's gone, I am sad that I have lost a potential good friend. sad

Nov 16 11 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

netmodel wrote:
A few months ago, I met a guy who looked very handsome - muscular blue eyed blonde - you know the typical next door American jock - at a fund raising party. I was actually intrigued about him but he had an attitude with me so I just figured... screw him. However, when the party was ending, he started being nice to me... and I was like, "It's the alcohol." I left. Hey.. he gave me attitude so he gets my attitude!

Yet, I could sense that something was torturing him. I couldn't figure out what it was.

A week later, I found him through Facebook but I was hesitant to friend him. But I learned that he's a registered nurse in ER.

Two weeks ago, to my surprise he messaged me and said hi. I didn't reply back because I was busy as heck. 

Yesterday, he was no longer a nurse, he became a patient. He committed suicide. He's still breathing but brain dead. His life support will be pulled tomorrow and his organs be donated so it's bittersweet knowing that even though he worked in ER saving lives, he is STILL going to save more lives after his death. 

Naturally, I wish I could have known him more and now that he's gone, I am sad that I have lost a potential good friend. sad

That is a sad story Jeff but I'm grateful you are kind enough to share it with us. It brings up a lot of critical issues many of us face in this thread. Every group therapy experience I've had included at least a few people who were very off-putting at first. Rude and mean by choice they built a wall around themselves. As group went on often they would start participating and we would learn that there was a decent person in there.

Jeff, what you have to do is protect yourself from any thinking that brings you down. This young man must have had severe problems that troubled him greatly. Grieve for him and learn from the experience.

My attempt at suicide should have worked but clearly I'm glad I failed. The sadness it caused people I love breaks my heart. Suicide is a difficult subject to deal with. If you ever want to talk by private message I'm happy to do so. My prayers are with you Jeff, the young man and his loved ones.

Nov 16 11 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
Hey y'all. I'm back from another few days in the hospital. I missed y'all.

You were missed. How you doing?

Nov 17 11 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hi Star!

Thank you. I really do miss you and everyone else when I go in. I'm pretty good. It was another staph infection in the burn wounds on my leg. One of the doctors was really rude and abusive and that caused me to have a PTSD moment and flashback to the explosion in 1972. It was so painful and uncalled for that I have reported the incident to the state board that oversee's physician credentials. I'm also giving thought of taking legal action but I suspect I won't. I need to live with a forgiving attitude.

Well there ya go, TMI. I miss talking with you Star, and everyone else. Thanks for letting me blabber on.

I love you all!

Tim

Nov 17 11 12:21 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

hey, jeff, thanks for sharing
Hi, tim, good to see you smile

morning all

Nov 17 11 04:09 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
hey, jeff, thanks for sharing
Hi, tim, good to see you smile

morning all

hienvy

Nov 17 11 08:05 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

https://lolcatgenerator.com/downloads/lolcat-109-1280.jpg

Nov 17 11 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
https://lolcatgenerator.com/downloads/lolcat-109-1280.jpg

big_smile

Nov 17 11 08:28 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hello my favorite people in the world. Today I want to share a link with you to a website that is filled with helpful information for those who have, or want to learn more about a wide range of emotional issues. The site is called Psych Central.

http://psychcentral.com/

The writers are also dealing with the issue they write about. One of my favorite writers is Christine Stapleton. Her blogs are funny and fact filled. She has a story up about depression and the holidays. I'm going to post it but please take some time if you like to search the site for the areas that are of interest to you.

http://blogs.psychcentral.com/depressio … -go-again/

Holidays are hard for some of us. If anyone needs a friend to unload on I'm always a PM away.

Much love to you all

Tim

Nov 17 11 09:19 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
Hello my favorite people in the world. Today I want to share a link with you to a website that is filled with helpful information for those who have, or want to learn more about a wide range of emotional issues. The site is called Psych Central.

http://psychcentral.com/

The writers are also dealing with the issue they write about. One of my favorite writers is Christine Stapleton. Her blogs are funny and fact filled. She has a story up about depression and the holidays. I'm going to post it but please take some time if you like to search the site for the areas that are of interest to you.

http://blogs.psychcentral.com/depressio … -go-again/

Holidays are hard for some of us. If anyone needs a friend to unload on I'm always a PM away.

Much love to you all

Tim

big_smile

Nov 17 11 10:23 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

very thank full for friday

why is laundry such a chore?

Nov 18 11 04:17 am Link