Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I have that on my fridge as a reminder. But when I'm in a PTSD mental state I have a hard time feeling it. But I'm getting over it now. I haven't slept in two nights so I'm beat. I feel like I'm feeling sorry for myself and I guess I am. There are always people who have it worse.

Nov 23 11 06:39 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
I have that on my fridge as a reminder. But when I'm in a PTSD mental state I have a hard time feeling it. But I'm getting over it now. I haven't slept in two nights so I'm beat. I feel like I'm feeling sorry for myself and I guess I am. There are always people who have it worse.

you are wink
It doesn't matter about other people. If it sucks for you, it sucks for you.

get some chamomoile tea and get some rest. I order you

Nov 23 11 06:59 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Yes mam! Thanks like crazy Faith!

Nov 23 11 07:36 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Yes mam! Thanks like crazy Faith!

here you go
https://beautyfromscratch.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/chamomile-tea.jpg?w=248&h=206

Nov 23 11 10:09 am Link

Photographer

CNP Photography

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

sometimes it is difficult to find a reason to even try

sometimes it seems a good idea to just have an end to it

Nov 24 11 01:03 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

CNP Photography wrote:
sometimes it is difficult to find a reason to even try

sometimes it seems a good idea to just have an end to it

I've been there and at times, still feel that way. Please hang in there

Nov 24 11 03:34 am Link

Photographer

M Clark photography

Lawrenceville, Illinois, US

E P O N A wrote:

I've been there and at times, still feel that way. Please hang in there

Nov 24 11 04:13 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

It is in my darkness that I truly see how bright and beautiful kind hearts glow. I've been blessed by you all and I am thankful for MM, this thread and the people who visit here. God bless you my friends and Happy Thanksgiving. I love you all!

Tim

Nov 24 11 05:25 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

It is in my darkness that I truly see how bright and beautiful kind hearts glow. I've been blessed by you all and I am thankful for MM, this thread and the people who visit here. God bless you my friends and Happy Thanksgiving. I love you all!

Tim

smile

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-srujQDH2H0Y/TgiwTtPezWI/AAAAAAAAAN8/-5GDzeAmOVw/s1600/free-huddgs.jpeg

Nov 24 11 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

if we work hard, and do what our therapists tell us, it'll be alright. I work a support group too. This is the Promises and sometimes they keep me going because on the good days I can see them happening in my life, and on bad days, I remember the good days. I keep them on my fridge

1.We will become mature, responsible individuals with a great capacity for joy, fulfillment, and wonder. Though we may never be perfect, continued spiritual progress will reveal to us our enormous potential.
2.We will discover that we are both, worthy of love and loving. We will love others without losing ourselves, and will learn to accept love in return.
3.Our sight, once clouded and confused, will clear and we will be able to perceive reality and recognize truth
4.Courage and fellowship will replace fear. We will be able to risk failure to develop new hidden talents.
5.Our lives, no matter how battered and degraded, will yield hope to share with others.
6.We will begin to feel and will come to know the vastness of our emotions, but will not be slaves to them.
7.Our secrets will no longer bind us in shame.
8.As we gain the ability to forgive our families, the world, and ourselves our choices will expand.
9.With dignity we will stand for ourselves, but not against our fellows.
10.Serenity and peace will have meaning for us, as we allow our lives and the lives of those we love to flow day by day with God’s ease, balance, and grace.
11.No longer terrified, we will discover we are free to delight in life’s paradox, mystery, and awe.
12.We will laugh more.
13.Fear will be replaced by faith, and gratitude will come naturally as we realize that our Higher Power is doing for us what we cannot do for ourselves

Nov 25 11 04:05 am Link

Model

cherry_laboom

Cherry, Illinois, US

thanks for posting this. i suffer from PTSD and almost successfully killed myself last summer when my PTSD came surging back full-force. this is important stuff, and anyone who suggests it doesn't belong on this forum is heartless. this information belongs everywhere, you never know who might need it and when.

Nov 25 11 08:31 am Link

Model

cherry_laboom

Cherry, Illinois, US

that's how i pull myself out of it...i remind myself there are always people who have it worse. and that my family would be devastated...

Nov 25 11 08:37 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

cherry_laboom wrote:
thanks for posting this. i suffer from PTSD and almost successfully killed myself last summer when my PTSD came surging back full-force. this is important stuff, and anyone who suggests it doesn't belong on this forum is heartless. this information belongs everywhere, you never know who might need it and when.

Hi Cherry,

There are several of us who have PTSD so I don't think anyone is going to say it doesn't need to be discussed in this thread. Anything that leads a person to suicidal thoughts is relevant here. We all have our issues and this thread is visited by wonderful, loving people who have saved me more than once. If you ever feel the need to talk, please feel free to send me a private message. Take care Cherry!

Tim

Nov 25 11 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

JasonX Photo wrote:

Im at the point in my life where I really have no future....death seems an easy end.
Ill work at the same dead end job for the rest of my productive life time.

I have literally had a time in my life when I did the Lethal weapon thing....choke on a muzzle, and have to think of reasons not to pull the trigger.

But in my case, I am anchor based..my duty to others.
Family, employers, and so on.
If I did not have those anchors, then what would be the point?

I'm sorry things are so dark for you Jason. I feel that way often. I'm 100% disabled so there is no more job for me. My productive life is over. But the people here always leave me feeling that I have much to contribute. And you do to Jason. Through your experiences you can help others to face their problems.

Nov 25 11 09:00 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Happy Saturday everyone!

Nov 26 11 04:48 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Happy Sunday everyone!

Nov 27 11 07:19 am Link

Model

marissa charles

London, England, United Kingdom

Wow. Have not felt so low in years. The dreaded reds are here with me today and I am finding it hard to breathe properly.
I know what has triggered it off, so I feel really angry with myself for getting in that situation. sad

Nov 28 11 02:20 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

marissa charles wrote:
Wow. Have not felt so low in years. The dreaded reds are here with me today and I am finding it hard to breathe properly.
I know what has triggered it off, so I feel really angry with myself for getting in that situation. sad

Hi Marissa,

I'm  so sorry to see you feeling low; Sadly, it happens to the best of us from time to time. Please don't be too hard on yourself, it only makes things worse.

Nov 28 11 03:55 am Link

Model

marissa charles

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi Marissa,

I'm  so sorry to see you feeling low; Sadly, it happens to the best of us from time to time. Please don't be too hard on yourself, it only makes things worse.

Thanks for that. I am trying not to beat myself up about it, but the vicious circle has started with being angry for feeling down and then getting down because of the anger. Once am in the spriral, it is very difficult to get out.

Nov 28 11 05:29 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

marissa charles wrote:

Thanks for that. I am trying not to beat myself up about it, but the vicious circle has started with being angry for feeling down and then getting down because of the anger. Once am in the spriral, it is very difficult to get out.

I was a victim of such a spiral.  Through therapy I found out most of it was due to something called distorted thinking. Then she provided me with tools to help change that.  The following may help you with it.
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/perspectives.htm

Nov 28 11 07:05 am Link

Photographer

F-Style Magazine

Chicago, Illinois, US

I am posting this on my site, I have a pop group that is down for this cause and I will ask them to post this info as well.  Remember the holidays is not happy for everyone, so come off your egos some time and be nice, you never know who you can bless with a simple kind word or two.

Nov 28 11 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Most of my issues are pretty much PTSD related.....Socially shutting down...not being able to aproach any felame I would be interested....getting tormented as badly and what those fuckheads did to me will do this (which is why I will never feel remorse for almost killing the main culprit the day I fought back..
and the sad thing is that especially this time of year...certain events trigger my PTSE(will not discus here as who knows who lurks in here and who can use this against me....as on other forums I have not so well disguised what sets me off and I'm taken advantage of....(funny thing is that
because these assholes have taken to this I have deprived them from ever going to the major metal festival in this country because I don't forget who does what...and I publicly humiliated the one fool who thought I was all talk no action)...added to the lonliness of being alone during the hollidays and not wanting any part of my drama laden family and being single....

This is going to be a rough 4 weeks

Nov 28 11 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

That's a great idea. I love how you listed the resources on your profile page. I think the holidays are hardest on young adults, the elderly and all those who suffer from negative memories of their childhood holidays.

Nov 28 11 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Just checking in.
I haven't been very social lately. sad I suck like that. But you all know it's not because I don't care.

The medication is helping a lot.
I'm having an issue I'm not ready to talk about but hopefully soon, and the health is poor, as per usual, but at least I'm able to make a bit more better of it since the meds have been helping.

Please don't quote this. Thanks. smile

Nov 29 11 04:27 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

That's a great idea. I love how you listed the resources on your profile page. I think the holidays are hardest on young adults, the elderly and all those who suffer from negative memories of their childhood holidays.

Indeed.
I have a lot of trouble on the holidays, for various reasons. I am so thankful for John as he goes out of his way to make this as good as they can be.
I was supposed to have a friend over for Thanksgiving but she bailed on me. A model whom I've had shot with a few times before was texting me; she had not place to go. I invited her here and we had a blast. I'm glad I took the extra step to be social and it felt really good to give back.

Nov 29 11 04:29 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Jules NYC wrote:

smile

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-srujQDH2H0Y/TgiwTtPezWI/AAAAAAAAAN8/-5GDzeAmOVw/s1600/free-huddgs.jpeg

I wanna do that one of these days.

Nov 29 11 04:29 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning. all back from vacation

Nov 29 11 04:47 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

all lingerie photographers should have one for his wardrobe

https://blog.totalvid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/lolcat75.jpg

Nov 30 11 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
all lingerie photographers should have one for his wardrobe

https://blog.totalvid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/lolcat75.jpg

agreed

Nov 30 11 09:34 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

E P O N A wrote:

I took part of it in New York.
*Got one that is*
It was super Awesome!

Made me smile all day:)

hee hee

Nov 30 11 09:36 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

E P O N A wrote:

I took part of it in New York.
*Got one that is*
It was super Awesome!

Made me smile all day:)

hee hee

Nov 30 11 09:36 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning. New month. new chances for all of us to be happier smile

Dec 01 11 04:19 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Welcome to December!

Dec 01 11 06:53 am Link

Photographer

Scottsworld71

Mount Vernon, Ohio, US

oohh I cant stand winter, mainly because of those long time spans when we go for days and days with nothing but cloudy, gloomy skies and no sunshine. It brings me wayyyyyyyy down, then I dont care ifthe temp is only in the single digits, if the sun is out, I HAVE to go stand outside and just soak it up, it kinda reenergizes me. I want to move to the south so bad, at least through the winter months

Dec 01 11 07:06 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

oooh i Love winter
it's all cozy. it's ok for me to curl up with a book and read with some hot coco. I put my lights up on monday

cheesy cell pic
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6422827337_565f8cddc0_m.jpg

but i hear you on the sun. I'll go make snow angels just to get as much sun as possible

Dec 01 11 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
oooh i Love winter
it's all cozy. it's ok for me to curl up with a book and read with some hot coco. I put my lights up on monday

cheesy cell pic

but i hear you on the sun. I'll go make snow angels just to get as much sun as possible

Your beautifully decorated home fills me with happy!! Look at the big happy smiles on the plush stuffed toys! Look how happy they are. You can tell that love lives in this house!

Dec 01 11 10:33 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Your beautifully decorated home fills me with happy!! Look at the big happy smiles on the plush stuffed toys! Look how happy they are. You can tell that love lives in this house!

big_smile

Dec 01 11 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Scottsworld71

Mount Vernon, Ohio, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
oooh i Love winter

cheesy cell pic

I guess I shouldnt say " I hate winter" its just certain aspects of it. I love watching it snow, I just dont want it to land on the roads or any place I may have to shovel it lol and the cold doesnt bother me all that much, its really just the lack of sunlight that depresses me. Even my friends start to notice the difference in my personality if we have too many days of gray cloudy skies

Dec 01 11 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Scottsworld71 wrote:
oohh I cant stand winter, mainly because of those long time spans when we go for days and days with nothing but cloudy, gloomy skies and no sunshine. It brings me wayyyyyyyy down, then I dont care ifthe temp is only in the single digits, if the sun is out, I HAVE to go stand outside and just soak it up, it kinda reenergizes me. I want to move to the south so bad, at least through the winter months

What you are describing is called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer, spring or autumn year after year. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), SAD is not a unique mood disorder, but is "a specifier of major depression".
Although experts were initially skeptical, this condition is now recognized as a common disorder.

The good thing is that it is so easy to treat with light therapy. They make light bulbs that have all the wavelengths you miss from the Summer and sunny days. As little as 15 minutes a day with the light has caused SAD to go away.

Here is a Google search that gives you links to all kinds of info.

https://www.google.com/search?gcx=w&sou … +Disorder.

Dec 01 11 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Scottsworld71

Mount Vernon, Ohio, US

What you are describing is called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer, spring or autumn year after year. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), SAD is not a unique mood disorder, but is "a specifier of major depression".
Although experts were initially skeptical, this condition is now recognized as a common disorder.

The good thing is that it is so easy to treat with light therapy. They make light bulbs that have all the wavelengths you miss from the Summer and sunny days. As little as 15 minutes a day with the light has caused SAD to go away.

Here is a Google search that gives you links to all kinds of info.

https://www.google.com/search?gcx=w&sou … +Disorder.

wow! Thanks for the info, I never knew this was an actual disorder, it describes me perfectly. Ive gone through this every year  for a long long time, I was told it was just " the winter blahs"  and would try to explain that it WASNT ... it was something a lot bigger. looks like ive got some investigating to do! THANKS!!

Dec 01 11 12:50 pm Link