Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Stopping by to send a little love.  Things have been hectic as of late, but y'all are always in my heart.

Sep 21 11 08:22 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Hi guys. Sorry to hear that some of you guys are having a tough time.

I haven't been on much because my grandfather passed away. My head has been a little fuzzy. Going to try to go back to work tomorrow. Don't know if I'll make it but I'd like to try to go back to normal. Doesn't help that the stress has gotten me sick.

My dog has been very supportive of the whole thing
smile

Those of you that are my friends on facebook can read his obituary on my page. He was a pretty incredible

Sep 21 11 03:40 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

just a bump

Sep 22 11 05:34 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
just a bump

Coffee bump?

Sep 22 11 05:35 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:
Coffee bump?

sure smile

oh my grandpa
http://www.gmtoday.com/obits/freeman/ob … /20/02.htm

Sep 22 11 06:53 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Sorry for your loss

Sep 22 11 07:01 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:
Sorry for your loss

Sep 22 11 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Sorry I've been away for a few days. I had a crisis and was in the hospital for a couple of days. All is ok now. I missed you all.

Faith, I'm so sorry for your loss but I know your Grandfather is looking down with love and pride at his wonderful Granddaughter. The love and support you give all of us here says everything about you and also those who raised you. I suspect your Grandfather is one of a kind. Thank God he gets to live on through your kind heart! I love you girl!

Tim

Sep 22 11 10:52 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

He had a hard exterior and there was no complaining, but he was a softie.

I'm very proud of him and my grandmother and all their accomplishments.

soooo

TGIF

Sep 23 11 04:24 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
He had a hard exterior and there was no complaining, but he was a softie.

I'm very proud of him and my grandmother and all their accomplishments.

soooo

TGIF

TGIF Hugs to everyone!

Sep 23 11 06:52 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Afternoon bump. Just wanted you all to know I was thinking of my thread friends

Sep 23 11 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
Afternoon bump. Just wanted you all to know I was thinking of my thread friends

Weekend hugs

Sep 24 11 08:31 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Hey folks.  Poking my head in to let you know that I still think about you, even though I'm not in here very often.

Sep 24 11 08:34 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hi Lawrence. Happy weekend everyone!

Sep 24 11 01:27 pm Link

Model

Gwenevieve

Acton, California, US

Rant time?

Recently, I almost killed myself in an act of self-infliction. My whole life I have battled severe depression, social anxiety, drug and alcohol addictions, and eating disorders. I have an extremely happy life, however. In six days, my hubby and I are relocating our newlywed asses to California from West Virginia, to be happy and make a better life for our family than we could ever have here.

I don't know why I've been so depressed. I've been throwing up, almost died (terrified the shit out of my poor husband and his parents.) I don't know what's going on. I'm so happy. And I even have better self-esteem than before. It's just like, lately, when I get depressed, I get severely depressed, I guess, and act out. I dunno.

Sep 24 11 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Sammi Sunshine wrote:
Rant time?

Recently, I almost killed myself in an act of self-infliction. My whole life I have battled severe depression, social anxiety, drug and alcohol addictions, and eating disorders. I have an extremely happy life, however. In six days, my hubby and I are relocating our newlywed asses to California from West Virginia, to be happy and make a better life for our family than we could ever have here.

I don't know why I've been so depressed. I've been throwing up, almost died (terrified the shit out of my poor husband and his parents.) I don't know what's going on. I'm so happy. And I even have better self-esteem than before. It's just like, lately, when I get depressed, I get severely depressed, I guess, and act out. I dunno.

Hi Sammi! I'm sorry you are going through this but you are doing the right thing to talk about it. I'm very open about my condition. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from an explosion that left me with massive 3rd degree burns. Along with that I have chronic, severe depression and anxiety problems. I've been in therapy for sometime now so my life is much better. But I still have down days.

I suspect there is no "Why" for you being depressed. Those of us with a depressive disorder get depressed when everything is great and we should be happy. Some of us self-medicate with drugs and drink to try to escape the sadness. But it doesn't work, it makes it worse.

The causes of depression are quite complex. Very often it is a combination of genetic, psychological, and environmental factors. Regardless of the cause, depression is almost always treatable. You do not need to determine the cause of your depression to get help.

There are wonderful, caring people here in this thread that are happy to help if we can. Feel free to private message me if you want, I talk with many people that way, You might be surprised how prevalent depression is. Sometimes it helps to unload with someone who can't judge you. I hope for all the best for you Sammi!

Tim

Sep 24 11 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

hola
tim covered it pretty well
depression is a disease that comes and goes without our permission but I've learned-after many many years that it doesn't have to control us.
Therapy helps, medication, self intervention-ie brownies, deep breathing; pets
these are all tools that we need to make use of because we are worth it

and of course we are here. feel free to message people on this thread. The support here has helped many of us thru tough times

Sep 25 11 06:06 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Happy Sunday everyone! I had fried chicken for breakfast and I liked it!

Sep 25 11 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

It's 12:05am. Sleep, you elusive temptress, why hast thou forsaken me?

Sep 25 11 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning
fingers crossed. might be working on a very good model. negotiating rate. honestly, this model was the reason i got into model photography..
didn't have much of a chance to shoot this weekend. I'm going to try to do it this week.
must. shoot. something

Sep 26 11 05:28 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Enfire Photography wrote:
morning
fingers crossed. might be working on a very good model. negotiating rate. honestly, this model was the reason i got into model photography..
didn't have much of a chance to shoot this weekend. I'm going to try to do it this week.
must. shoot. something

beautiful

Every time I sit down with a bowl of cereal Jak decides it's cuddle time.. and he doesn't want any of my food.  Silly kitty.

Sep 26 11 06:32 am Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:

beautiful

Every time I sit down with a bowl of cereal Jak decides it's cuddle time.. and he doesn't want any of my food.  Silly kitty.

mm cereal
i have the urge for nachos...and it's cheesy goodness

Sep 26 11 07:23 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I had fried chicken for breakfast yesterday.

Sep 26 11 07:54 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
I had fried chicken for breakfast yesterday.

mm fried chicken
sounds awfully good

Sep 26 11 08:04 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Okay, so this is a new one for me.

I'm convinced that I've been in a depressive episode for the last three weeks or so.  The odd thing is that I don't have the associated mood changes.  What I do have is extreme fatigue and lack of motivation, but emotionally I rate myself as "very good."

I attribute the causes to 1) turmoil regarding my new job, 2) turmoil regarding a potential romance, and 3) somewhat different dosages for my meds - although the med changes happened after this episode started.

I find it interesting.

Sep 26 11 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:
Okay, so this is a new one for me.

I'm convinced that I've been in a depressive episode for the last three weeks or so.  The odd thing is that I don't have the associated mood changes.  What I do have is extreme fatigue and lack of motivation, but emotionally I rate myself as "very good."

I attribute the causes to 1) turmoil regarding my new job, 2) turmoil regarding a potential romance, and 3) somewhat different dosages for my meds - although the med changes happened after this episode started.

I find it interesting.

Hi Lawrence,
Tiredness and lack of motivation are major problems for me and they all come from my chronic depression. Even if I don't feel sad, there are days I can't get going to do much of anything. In my case I have slept all day and even avoided things I enjoy doing. With the triggers you listed I would not be surprised if its from a depressive state. I hope everything works out well and you are feeling better soon my friend.

Tim

Sep 26 11 12:50 pm Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

feelin very low today hating me why do we all discriminate I wish I could just be a girl and live without shaving

Sep 26 11 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Today was the real beginning of the end for me. Since becoming disabled my income has gone from $60,000+ to less that $900 a month. Today my car was repossessed and the sheriff posted the foreclosure sale date on my front door. October 11th. It's times like these that I envy people who have family they can turn to.

I'm too broke to file bankruptcy so I am trying to get the Legal Aid people to file before the sale date. If they do so before the sale date It gets cancelled and I have three months to either get to where I can get caught up or find a new place to live. The National Mental Health Association has 156 private homes, nice ones, where people with PTSD can live with others who share the same problem. There is a 2-3 year waiting list. I contacted the Delaware Dept of Housing, same thing, 3+ year waiting list for housing assistance.

I just needed to vent, I'm not looking for answers, there are none. My only hope is to find a room share that I can afford on Craigslist.

I love the wonderful people here in this thread. I actually thought about you when I was having suicidal  ideations. Thanks for caring.

Sep 26 11 05:40 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Today was the real beginning of the end for me. Since becoming disabled my income has gone from $60,000+ to less that $900 a month. Today my car was repossessed and the sheriff posted the foreclosure sale date on my front door. October 11th. It's times like these that I envy people who have family they can turn to.

I'm too broke to file bankruptcy so I am trying to get the Legal Aid people to file before the sale date. If they do so before the sale date It gets cancelled and I have three months to either get to where I can get caught up or find a new place to live. The National Mental Health Association has 156 private homes, nice ones, where people with PTSD can live with others who share the same problem. There is a 2-3 year waiting list. I contacted the Delaware Dept of Housing, same thing, 3+ year waiting list for housing assistance.

I just needed to vent, I'm not looking for answers, there are none. My only hope is to find a room share that I can afford on Craigslist.

I love the wonderful people here in this thread. I actually thought about you when I was having suicidal  ideations. Thanks for caring.

I wish I could help you.
If I could I would.

I'll send good thoughts:)
They are very powerful from me.
-Jules

Sep 26 11 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I wish I could help you.
If I could I would.

I'll send good thoughts:)
They are very powerful from me.
-Jules

Thank you Jules! Good Karma, good prayers, good thoughts. That stuff works and I need it. Bless you my kind friend!
-Tim

Sep 27 11 01:21 am Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

hugs to you both.
lawrence-a change in medication can certainly be the cause of the exhaustion and lack of motivation. give it a bit and if it doesn't improve-obviously speak to your doctor
Tim, I feel for you. I see people (well read about) like every day at work. it's frustrating when you cannot help. Just keep on the housing people. They told me that it would take a year for a friend of mine into a housing program...we got him in-in about three weeks.

Sep 27 11 04:10 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

*hugs to everyone*

Happy Tuesday.

Sep 27 11 05:41 am Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:
*hugs to everyone*

Happy Tuesday.

hienvy

Sep 27 11 05:42 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning everyone, I'm sorry. Good Afternoon everyone! Let's all see if we can make this a great day!

Sep 27 11 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

It can be extremely difficult to fight off life's assaults when we are struggling within ourselves just to meet each day.  I want you all to know that despite the above truth we can and we will overcome and win our battles.  Regardless of what befalls you we are meant to overcome them.

Sep 27 11 11:49 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:
It can be extremely difficult to fight off life's assaults when we are struggling within ourselves just to meet each day.  I want you all to know that despite the above truth we can and we will overcome and win our battles.  Regardless of what befalls you we are meant to overcome them.

thank you. I really need to hear/read that just now

just hit a really low spot. don't know where it came from...divebombed from the big bad D side

Sep 27 11 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

thank you. I really need to hear/read that just now

just hit a really low spot. don't know where it came from...divebombed from the big bad D side

I'm sorry you are feeling down Faith. If it helps just know that the difficult times you go through turn into important, life saving lessons because you share yourself with us. You're here for us all the time and I know my life is better for having your wisdom to consider. You know we are here for you and I'm a PM away if you want. Bless you sweet Faith.

Tim

Sep 27 11 03:26 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I'm sorry you are feeling down Faith. If it helps just know that the difficult times you go through turn into important, life saving lessons because you share yourself with us. You're here for us all the time and I know my life is better for having your wisdom to consider. You know we are here for you and I'm a PM away if you want. Bless you sweet Faith.

Tim

Thanks, Tim
It was just a passing shade. perked up by the end of the night. But it really swept my feet out from under me at the time

Sep 28 11 04:52 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

quotes for the day
" Sometimes, people just say 'I'm fine' because its difficult to find someone who actually listens and cares about your life"
"what we remember can always be changed, what we forget we are always"-richard shelton

Sep 28 11 04:55 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
quotes for the day
" Sometimes, people just say 'I'm fine' because its difficult to find someone who actually listens and cares about your life"
"what we remember can always be changed, what we forget we are always"-richard shelton

At least it feels that way sometimes

Sep 29 11 09:17 am Link