Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
Good afternoon my wonderful friends. I've been away a day or two. I'm in a depressed state where I don't have the energy to type. I'm getting to the other side of it so I wanted stop by, tell you all I love you and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love
Tim

I hope you're more active soon.

Aug 20 11 09:49 am Link

Photographer

KGSF

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

SPS_Photography wrote:
Good morning everyone. I'm new to this particular thread, but as of today, I'm really glad it was started. Also, I'm glad to see Tim on here because he has been a support through couple of deaths in my life in 2011.

I'm in a real state of depression that has grown immensely this week. I've gotten two speeding tickets in 3 days and I don't see myself slowing down. I've read into "speed addiction" and there are doctors that say it's a legitimate issue. I've acknowledged within myself that I have a problem as well as to the CHP that pulled me over this morning. However, I'm too ashamed and embarrassed to tell anyone else. I feel like I'll be told it's not a real addiction and nobody will be willing to help. It's putting me in major financial trouble (which has been bad already), and is making my depression worse. I feel like I have nothing to live for other than to pay off debt for the rest of my life and that it'd be easier to just end my life. But I can't bring myself to it. If I died on the freeway speeding, I feel that would be my best option or way out

Does anyone hear me out there?

A friend with a degree in psychotherapy (not my personal therapist) pointed this out to me, and I think it makes sense.

The term "addiction" properly refers in a technical sense to physical dependence on chemical substances.

It has now been applied inaccurately to a variety of behavioral problems, causing confusion among lay people.

A more useful and accurate distinction is "compulsive behaviors".

All addictions are compulsive behaviors, but not all compulsive behaviors are addictions (in the technical sense of having a substance habituation component).

Compulsive but not addictive behaviors though, do have similar if not identical neurotransmitter function derangements, usually involving the dopamine reward system being chronically over or under stimulated, and can be treated with similar (but unique to each problem) modalities.

By removing the inaccurate term "addiction" from the conversation when addressing a compulsive behavior, but remaining aware of how it does have biochemical similarities to true chemical addictions, much confusion and associated distress caused by others trivializing the problem can be removed.

Good luck!

Aug 20 11 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Kurt, my friend, my brother! I have been thinking about this for the past 20 minutes and it digs right into me. There are so many things that I am compelled to do that only hold me back. I never though of it this way. Thanks for sharing your information. We all grow together!

Tim

Aug 20 11 11:30 am Link

Photographer

KGSF

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

It makes me happy when I can be useful to friends, Tim.

smile

Aug 20 11 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning Model Mayhemer's! Welcome to Sunday! We have an exciting day planned for you starting with a tasty breakfast of all your favorites. Then we will make your wildest dreams come true followed by an evening of absolute bliss. This is the S&V thread, welcome to our world where everyone is welcomed to unload their burden or seek information on topics as diverse as suicide, violence, depression, anxiety, drug dependency and anything else that tugs at your mind, your heart, your soul. I'm Tim, just one of the many people who care about what you are going through. We have gone through tough times of our own and are always happy to help.

I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Chronic Severe Depression with panic attacks. Through meds and therapy I am feeling like my old self. My MM family has been here for me during dark days and they celebrate the bright days. If I can be of help to you please feel free to send me a private message. You have friends here!

Tim

Aug 21 11 05:17 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

One of the last candles I of hope I have is starting to dim out on me..

sad

Aug 21 11 07:40 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
One of the last candles I of hope I have is starting to dim out on me..

sad

Well here's a bunch more

https://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Candles-candles-517649_800_622.jpg

Aug 21 11 08:01 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Well here's a bunch more

https://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Candles-candles-517649_800_622.jpg

I'll PM ya later....
not good
sad

Aug 21 11 08:04 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

I'll PM ya later....
not good
sad

Well hang in there.
Try your best; it's hard.

Talk to you later.
-Jules

Aug 21 11 08:08 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Aug 21 11 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Star Child wrote:
http://kayelless.net/blog/2011/05/10/fo … -mattered/

Thank you Star Child. I needed this tonight. In fact I needed it right now and here it was waiting on me. Thank you my wonderful friend!

Tim

Aug 21 11 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning monday

Aug 22 11 04:13 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

morning monday.

Who wants to ride with to the grocery?

Aug 22 11 08:55 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Thank you Star Child. I needed this tonight. In fact I needed it right now and here it was waiting on me. Thank you my wonderful friend!

Tim

smile

Aug 22 11 09:10 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:
morning monday.

Who wants to ride with to the grocery?

don't tell anyone, but I picked up hotpockets yesterday..so tired of cooking

Aug 22 11 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

don't tell anyone, but I picked up hotpockets yesterday..so tired of cooking

Im so tired of eating healthy...
I mean I do cave a cheat day once a week and grab a few slices (if there is pizza that I consider edible..and as a pizza snob that grew up in snookiville..aka Long Island, NY I would qualify)
but its getting frustrating when on a daily basis I have to choose steamed chicken and broccoli/sauce on the side and resist fried rice,ect....resist the best fried chicken ever at the Royal Farms here in the mid atlantic....any potential comfort foods I pass when shopping(I so want to down a whole box of Gorton's fish sticks as I had not had this in over 15 years)..so on and so forth

Aug 22 11 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Aug 22 11 09:35 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

Im so tired of eating healthy...
I mean I do cave a cheat day once a week and grab a few slices (if there is pizza that I consider edible..and as a pizza snob that grew up in snookiville..aka Long Island, NY I would qualify)
but its getting frustrating when on a daily basis I have to choose steamed chicken and broccoli/sauce on the side and resist fried rice,ect....resist the best fried chicken ever at the Royal Farms here in the mid atlantic....any potential comfort foods I pass when shopping(I so want to down a whole box of Gorton's fish sticks as I had not had this in over 15 years)..so on and so forth

me too
well, tired of eating healthy

Aug 22 11 10:11 am Link

Model

Andy Virus

Richmond, Virginia, US

Thank you very much for this

Aug 22 11 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Andy Virus wrote:
Thank you very much for this

Aug 22 11 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I had leftover pizza for dinner tonight

Aug 22 11 10:51 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

chicken, bacon, and cheese hotpocket.yum and truffle cake smile
pooped today. don't know why. slept good

Aug 23 11 04:05 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Welcome to Tuesday y'all. Today is August 23rd. On this day in 1959 Hawaii became our 50th state. A few minutes later, in a small town Alabama hospital, I was born!!!

Aug 23 11 04:13 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Welcome to Tuesday y'all. Today is August 23rd. On this day in 1959 Hawaii became our 50th state. A few minutes later, in a small town Alabama hospital, I was born!!!

woot smile

Aug 23 11 05:20 am Link

Makeup Artist

Suzie Polat

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am just amazed at how supportive this thread is.  I have been growing more depressed recently and just seeing the support between people here really warms my heart.

Aug 23 11 05:30 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Suzie Polat wrote:
I am just amazed at how supportive this thread is.  I have been growing more depressed recently and just seeing the support between people here really warms my heart.

hienvy

Aug 23 11 06:01 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Tuesday. SVU allll day. neutral

Aug 23 11 06:06 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:
Tuesday. SVU allll day. neutral

special victims unit?

Aug 23 11 06:09 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

special victims unit?

Yup. Love that show.
I got my kitty support group here too.

Aug 23 11 06:11 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Suzie Polat wrote:

Well we are so happy that you found our MM "support group". I have post traumatic stress disorder and severe chronic depression so I know all about the pain you are going through. If you ever want to "talk" feel free to PM me or any of the others that you see here often. We are here to help Suzie!!

Tim

Aug 23 11 06:21 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:

Yup. Love that show.
I got my kitty support group here too.

Aug 23 11 07:13 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
smile
I am starting to seriously look at animals. I need something furry. the house is too empty and my friends to flakey

Have you considered a shelter dog? Also keep in mind that I am very hairy and house broken. I would love to be your pet Faith!!

Woof Woof
Tim

Aug 23 11 07:25 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Have you considered a shelter dog?

yup
that's what my last was. but i don't want to force it. so i have to be patient and wait for the blinking arrow for the right furry pal
there is one with a mohawk but i think i just want him cause of that -cause they had to shave him when he came in
i have some breed restrictions with teh apartment. landlord's insurance won't allow certain breed/breed mixes.
GSD, rotts, pits, dobes, chows sad

Aug 23 11 07:29 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

yup
that's what my last was. but i don't want to force it. so i have to be patient and wait for the blinking arrow for the right furry pal
there is one with a mohawk but i think i just want him cause of that -cause they had to shave him when he came in
i have some breed restrictions with teh apartment. landlord's insurance won't allow certain breed/breed mixes.
GSD, rotts, pits, dobes, chows sad

kitty

Aug 23 11 11:07 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Any of you on LJ?

I've started that again. Not sure how long it will last though!

Aug 24 11 04:38 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

smile
I am starting to seriously look at animals. I need something furry. the house is too empty and my friends to flakey

Eeee! DO it! They're such a big help!

Aug 24 11 04:38 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:

Eeee! DO it! They're such a big help!

found a few that I'd like but just trying to be patient. working out the new budget with the new car payment, but seriously look at this guy
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20343977

Aug 24 11 04:53 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:

kitty

maybe. not really a cat person, but open to the idea

Aug 24 11 04:54 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

found a few that I'd like but just trying to be patient. working out the new budget with the new car payment, but seriously look at this guy
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20343977

I found my first two off petfinder. *nods*
I got them at the police station. They were taken away from a cat lady that had over 30 cats.
My calico I got from a woman that does rescue (she was rescue from a neglectful owner) and Tyler from the same lady (he was feral).

Aug 24 11 05:03 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:

I found my first two off petfinder. *nods*
I got them at the police station. They were taken away from a cat lady that had over 30 cats.
My calico I got from a woman that does rescue (she was rescue from a neglectful owner) and Tyler from the same lady (he was feral).

did you see, teddy has a mohawk tongue
ther are a couple of low key dogs. walks every day are more than enough-more of snugglers and car ride dogs smile-thats my type of dog

Aug 24 11 05:07 am Link