Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:

I know how you feel Chris. I had not been on a date since things ended with my ex in 1992. A couple of months ago I got to Facebooking  with a girl from college and one thing led to another and now we are in love. Are you putting yourself in a target rich environment? Where are you trying to meet people?

There is no such thing as a target rich enviroment with being a long haul trucker,and a long haired rocker dude who listens to obscure progressive metal..
Even though I avoid truck stops(I work out and shower at gyms) as much as possible,most of my time when not driving are (other than the gym where I have a set time limit to get in,do my thing and get on the road again)stopping to refuel,grab 44 oz of coke zero at a truck stop,i think I have seen maybe 3 women i would be atracted to at a truck stop in the past 10 years...
Going to shows where band's i like play-95% dudes,the 5% females that go...
not interested in at all...(i am totally not into large older women,which in both cases I listed above is all i ever come into contact on a regular basis)
I don't go out on weekends as I rarely drink unless I am somewhere I don't have to drive....and because I kinda have no friends that would go out(at least friends who's idea of going out does not involve strip clubs)..I am socially inept so going out by myself usually results in me spending way too much $$ sitting there miserable not fitting in...met my last 3 disasterous ex's at night clubs,so in addition to the fact that a woman would not look at you unless you have a VIP table with $300 bottles of vodka.....I decided that one constant was me metting women in clubs....and the fact a 42 year old heavy metal dude does not fit in at such places..I just stopped going out...regular dive bars suck as well..mostly dudes and drunks...not a good enviroment..
Tried dating sites..sucked.,..was scammed a few times with false profiles...and also the meat market club enviroment is at play here..guy to girl ratio sucks..the few atractive ones only chase the few guys with $$..and status.....

I see yet again on Fb people hooking up.....people in love....
If i hadn't actually been bitten by my first gf and knew this feeleing I probable would have truly written off ever getting into a relationship again and would probably come to terms with living out my life loveless and sexless.....
Unfortunately I know what true love feels,and coupled with me missing out on what most normal teens and 20 somethings enjoy(the partying/sex/hook ups)...
the cancer is now back and eating away at me..
sad

Aug 07 11 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

Scottsworld71

Mount Vernon, Ohio, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

Worst advice ever..when one lowers their standards its basicly throwing in the white towel and giving up....I mean,most sane guys(and I would like to consider myself one) would tend to know their "limitations" in what they could reasonably attract(ie,yeah,looks are important to me,but I am not going to chase a "9" or a "10" living in Hollywood or Vegas,ect....as even if they are "interested,you are being used until someone they really want comes along),but at the same time(and my therapist stresses this every session) I also will refuse to believe that any woman I would be interested in is "out of my league",though unfortunately ones I do fine atractive seemeing would never give a 42 year old guy who drives a truck long haul for a living and was financially destroyed by his ex a look sad

pretty much in the same situation, just turned 40, financially, not "destroyed" but took a pretty wicked beating. My friend pretty much said I should just take any offer that comes my way and settle down. So in other words, even if im not attracted to them, just fake it and use them for the sake of having a relationship and disregard the fact that if they knew in my heart I wasnt interested, they would be awfuly hurt by my actions and selfishness. Im not looking for a VS model ( though I do enjoy looking AT them lol ) all im looking for is someone who enjoys the simple things in life, a pretty diverse sarcastic sense of humor, mixed with a nice combination of classy pervert lol

Aug 07 11 11:04 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
There is no such thing as a target rich environment with being a long haul trucker,and a long haired rocker dude who listens to obscure progressive metal..

Why make excuses for your profession?
Long-haired rocker dude is a plus, not a minus
Obscure progressive metal? It's your music taste, come on!

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Even though I avoid truck stops(I work out and shower at gyms) as much as possible,most of my time when not driving are (other than the gym where I have a set time limit to get in,do my thing and get on the road again)stopping to refuel,grab 44 oz of coke zero at a truck stop,i think I have seen maybe 3 women i would be attracted to at a truck stop in the past 10 years...

What do you expect at a truck stop?

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Going to shows where band's i like play-95% dudes,the 5% females that go...
not interested in at all...(i am totally not into large older women,which in both cases I listed above is all i ever come into contact on a regular basis)

Yep, at metal shows, that's what you get... or sluts that are the flavor of the night for the band playing.

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I don't go out on weekends as I rarely drink unless I am somewhere I don't have to drive....and because I kinda have no friends that would go out(at least friends who's idea of going out does not involve strip clubs)..

Probably better off not hanging around those people

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I am socially inept so going out by myself usually results in me spending way too much $$ sitting there miserable not fitting in...met my last 3 disastrous ex's at night clubs,so in addition to the fact that a woman would not look at you unless you have a VIP table with $300 bottles of vodka.....I decided that one constant was me meeting women in clubs....and the fact a 42 year old heavy metal dude does not fit in at such places..I just stopped going out...regular dive bars suck as well..mostly dudes and drunks...not a good environment..

It's not just you, that scene is not the place to find a good woman.
Bottle service is lame. 

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Tried dating sites..sucked.,..was scammed a few times with false profiles...and also the meat market club environment is at play here..guy to girl ratio sucks..the few attractive ones only chase the few guys with $$..and status.....

Again with the status, what gives?
Dating sites are for people who want to get laid or save them from something.

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I see yet again on Fb people hooking up.....people in love....
If I hadn't actually been bitten by my first gf and knew this feeling I probably would have truly written off ever getting into a relationship again and would probably come to terms with living out my life loveless and sexless.....

That surely won't happen unless you assign yourself to that life.

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Unfortunately I know what true love feels,and coupled with me missing out on what most normal teens and 20 somethings enjoy(the partying/sex/hook ups)...
the cancer is now back and eating away at me..
sad

You are lucky to know what true love feels like.  Now that you have wisdom of it, let it guide you.  Not the past, but the wisdom YOU have to make the right decisions.

There are 9's and 10's in other places than Vegas and Hollywood.

Aug 07 11 11:42 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Scottsworld71 wrote:

pretty much in the same situation, just turned 40, financially, not "destroyed" but took a pretty wicked beating. My friend pretty much said I should just take any offer that comes my way and settle down. So in other words, even if im not attracted to them, just fake it and use them for the sake of having a relationship and disregard the fact that if they knew in my heart I wasnt interested, they would be awfuly hurt by my actions and selfishness. Im not looking for a VS model ( though I do enjoy looking AT them lol ) all im looking for is someone who enjoys the simple things in life, a pretty diverse sarcastic sense of humor, mixed with a nice combination of classy pervert lol

Never settle.

Aug 07 11 11:47 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning all. new start with a new week for new attitudes

This weekend was pretty nice. had a great shoot. http://www.flickr.com/photos/faithenfire/
hung out with the "its complicated" bf/friend in the evening and softball sunday afternoon. had a good conversation with friends and then settled in for the evening.

Aug 08 11 04:50 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning everyone. My PTSD is at full-strength this morning. Lots of anxiety, lots of fear and no real reason for any of it.

Have a great day people, I love you all!

Tim

Aug 08 11 07:47 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Good morning everyone. My PTSD is at full-strength this morning. Lots of anxiety, lots of fear and no real reason for any of it.

Have a great day people, I love you all!

Tim

hug

Aug 08 11 07:48 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

New week full of new opportunities

Aug 08 11 08:42 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:
New week full of new opportunities

by afternoon, its easy to say its the SSDD

aaahhh...work

serenity now...

Aug 08 11 09:32 am Link

Model

EvaScarlet

Los Angeles, California, US

Ugh........

Anyone lurking about by chance?

Aug 08 11 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

KGSF

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

EvaScarlet wrote:
Ugh........

Anyone lurking about by chance?

Yes. How are you doing tonight?

smile

Aug 08 11 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hey y'all. I'm here for a little while as well.

Aug 08 11 09:27 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning. I have my coffee and a granola bar...ready for the day..I think..maybe..we'll see

Aug 09 11 04:34 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning love muffins! I hope you all have wondeful days filled with joy and fresh fruit.

Aug 09 11 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Robert Sawin

Carlsbad, California, US

Good morning love muffins! I hope you all have wondeful days filled with joy and fresh fruit.

that comment made me feel all sexy in side.

Aug 09 11 07:32 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Robert Sawin wrote:

that comment made me feel all sexy in side.

Happy to help!!!!

Aug 09 11 07:43 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

This weather sucks(mid atlantic/pa/nj/
gloooooooooooom

Aug 09 11 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

great for some nice diffused light for flower photography "smile

Aug 09 11 09:57 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Yea, we have a Tornado Warning in Wilmington, DE right now....I stand corrected, its ended for Delaware and the Philly area.

Aug 09 11 09:59 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning. feeling physically sorta crap and trying not to let my head follow

Aug 10 11 05:11 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I'm sorry you're feeling bad Faith. I hope you are feeling as wonderful as you are real soon!!

Aug 10 11 05:42 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I'm sorry you're feeling bad Faith. I hope you are feeling as wonderful as you are real soon!!

I've tried to RSVP a no to the negativity but sigh, it keeps bugging me
but I'll be fine. I know it will pass too

mostly...i'm just happy that its weds smile

Aug 10 11 08:00 am Link

Model

Kelsey-L

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Faith EnFire wrote:

I've tried to RSVP a no to the negativity but sigh, it keeps bugging me
but I'll be fine. I know it will pass too

mostly...i'm just happy that its weds smile

Happy Hump day. smile

Be glad the week is at it's peak, the path down the hill is always smoothest.

My boss asked me if I was ok this morning cause I look tired.. Yup working 2 jobs 13 hour days will do that to a person.

But I feel like everyone around me is moving on to bigger and better things.. so it must be my turn next right?

Aug 10 11 08:26 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Kelsey-L wrote:

Happy Hump day. smile

Be glad the week is at it's peak, the path down the hill is always smoothest.

My boss asked me if I was ok this morning cause I look tired.. Yup working 2 jobs 13 hour days will do that to a person.

But I feel like everyone around me is moving on to bigger and better things.. so it must be my turn next right?

smile
you know that saying "where ever you go-there you are"
I think it helps me stay present.

Aug 10 11 08:31 am Link

Model

Kelsey-L

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yes, I have been using soemthing similiar to that quote to get me through the week.

I am also looking very strongly into my future. Planning some large happenings that are taking a lot of effort and strength right now.

Aug 10 11 08:38 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Kelsey-L wrote:
Yes, I have been using soemthing similiar to that quote to get me through the week.

I am also looking very strongly into my future. Planning some large happenings that are taking a lot of effort and strength right now.

cool smile

Aug 10 11 09:16 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Kelsey-L wrote:

Kelsey, if you are considering major changes in your life may I suggest that you adopt me! I am an orphan, both my parents died years ago and just because I'm gonna be 52 in a few days that's no reason I can't be your "little boy"!!!

Aug 10 11 09:50 am Link

Model

Samantha Liana

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

when i die i wonder if people will care...
sick and tired of living sometimes. i feel so alone/hated/unwanted...

Aug 10 11 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Samantha Liana wrote:
when i die i wonder if people will care...
sick and tired of living sometimes. i feel so alone/hated/unwanted...

Samantha, I imagine there will be a great many people who would care very much. Sick and tired of living is nothing new in this thread, we have all been there. I have PTSD and Major Depressive Disorder-Severe. There have been lots of times I was sick and tired. But I promise you life will get better for you. If you ever want to talk feel free to private message me. There are lots of people here that take part in this thread that will be happy to help you through your rough time! We are glad you're here!

Tim

Aug 10 11 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning all

tis thursday. its a new day with new oppurtunities

Aug 11 11 05:05 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hi y'all. I hope everyone is doing well today!

Aug 11 11 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

* Happy Friday dance*

Aug 12 11 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Retro Studios

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

Know thy self...
Learn who you are..
Meditate...

This heals almost all psychological issues simply.

Crying is emotional healing, weve been taught were lame if we cry, tell that to a cute baby who is happy all the time, but cries when hurt..
Its natural to cry, it releases bad thoughts and processes..

Meditaiton to certain tones will help some cry and heal who can not due to stress and the mind being angered...
There is a design to some of this yet I will not speak to as of why.
If you wish to learn, meditation will always answer all your questions in life.
TV will not..
TV is pyschololgicall mind poison, for some it does more damage then we can imagine until we study what TV does.

We always must do our best to realize how special we are, ourselfs must feel this.
Sometimes it may be hard yet, everyone is talented and special in a certain way, if you feel bad, please do your best to remmember how great you really are...

This is my song, I designed it, I am a psychic healer, if you only open your heart, you will feel the love..
We all need love.
I study emotions and thought process and thats all i do.
Ancient healers are real, psychic healers are real. Some may not be...
If you can allow love inside you again, you will feel this song dramitcally and it can help you cry again..

Let go, its ok to cry.
Notice the change when you do..

Thanks for listening, best of wished to all.

Aug 12 11 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Retro Studios

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wGha0oW8ts

forgot to link the song oops!

Aug 12 11 07:37 am Link

Photographer

Retro Studios

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

Oh yea, in order to find love, you must first love yourself.
Were all empaths, this means, emotions are shared, some sense it, some do not.
I will tell you from being almost bi-polar at one point i had no idea what that meant.
When i meditated and felt loved again, i could feel angry people, easy....
If we are always angry, upset or fearful, we project this out and its un-attractive to the emotional feeling centers. Weve all done some sort of pyschic things.

When we love ourself it projects out and attracts the same type of frequency or being..

One way to look at this, and its hard to do sometimes, I had to also notice this..

When you see who is around you, this is basically you...
Your friends reflect yourself, almost always...
What do you see that needs changing in them is also what we need to be changing ourselfs.

Love will repell anger. Bi-polar is polarity, electromagnetics, in this system, high end waves completly repell low end ones...

So if we are angry, this may be upsetting and repulsive...

Must change our mind about things and love with out question again...
This is one step to being free of fear, hate and so on, we must step out of that mold and say things like, I am happy, I can be good, I do good things, I am special and I have talented photos and such things that prove i have a special wuality about me.

If everythign on your mind is out to get you, your right.
Change the thoughts...

Love to all..

Aug 12 11 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning beautiful people! Welcome to Friday!!! Woot to glory!

Aug 12 11 07:54 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning
tim

Aug 12 11 08:00 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Retro Studios wrote:
TV is pyschololgicall mind poison, for some it does more damage then we can imagine until we study what TV does.

sad

Aug 12 11 08:01 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

weekend bump smile

Aug 13 11 07:11 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning everyone! Welcome to Saturday!

Aug 13 11 07:42 am Link