Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
hi you guys. no cookies for me...i'm on a salt binge. got any kosher midget pickles

I saw your thread, Tim. that sucks...

Hi Faith, I saw your other post about midget pickles. You're getting me horny for salty treats girl!!

Aug 03 11 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Two parts could be the problem. Both over 100 and one would take special order. Car repairs. Bah!

Aug 03 11 11:44 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:
Two parts could be the problem. Both over 100 and one would take special order. Car repairs. Bah!

uggh

i hate those days when its all about the repairs. expensive ones

Aug 03 11 12:18 pm Link

Model

Bambolina

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, US

Hello everyone

I just wanted to stop in and say hello, and how wonderful it is so see so much love and support in this thread.

As a survivor of years of emotional and physical abuse, I can certainly relate to the very dark paths we can contemplate when it feels like nothing is ever going to change or get better.  Most days I fight just to be o.k. in my own skin.

My issues have gotten a lot better since leaving the caustic environment that surrounds my family, but I still struggle.

This thread has been here to remind me that there are people and resources to turn to, no matter how bad things get.

So thanks

*hugs for all*

Aug 03 11 12:40 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

morning. its thursday. are you ready?

Aug 04 11 05:24 am Link

Photographer

Scottsworld71

Mount Vernon, Ohio, US

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope ... but im still on vacation so its ok i guess lol

Aug 04 11 07:44 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning everyone. I woke up and went straight into a deep depression today. I can't stop crying and I'm overcome with terror. I had a flashback dream and I think most of you know where those take me. I'll take any love you can spare. I love all of you very much!

Tim

Aug 04 11 07:50 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
Good morning everyone. I woke up and went straight into a deep depression today. I can't stop crying and I'm overcome with terror. I had a flashback dream and I think most of you know where those take me. I'll take any love you can spare. I love all of you very much!

Tim

hug...

Aug 04 11 08:05 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Scottsworld71 wrote:
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope ... but im still on vacation so its ok i guess lol

well asking if you were ready was sorta courtesy

Its here...ready or not tongue

Aug 04 11 08:05 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Bambolina wrote:
Hello everyone

I just wanted to stop in and say hello, and how wonderful it is so see so much love and support in this thread.

As a survivor of years of emotional and physical abuse, I can certainly relate to the very dark paths we can contemplate when it feels like nothing is ever going to change or get better.  Most days I fight just to be o.k. in my own skin.

My issues have gotten a lot better since leaving the caustic environment that surrounds my family, but I still struggle.

This thread has been here to remind me that there are people and resources to turn to, no matter how bad things get.

So thanks

*hugs for all*

Welcome Bambolina, we are delighted to have you join us. There are such wonderful people here and you can talk about anything that's on your mind. I have Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder and Major Depressive Disorder-severe. If you ever feel the need to talk feel free to send me a private message. Take care sweetie!

Tim

Aug 04 11 08:38 am Link

Model

Kelsey-L

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Tim

HUgs my dear.

Feel free to message me if you need.

Aug 04 11 09:02 am Link

Model

Kelsey-L

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

https://www.somethingofthatilk.com/comics/180.jpg

I saw this and thought it might bring some smiles to this thread.

Aug 04 11 09:04 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Tim

(((hugs))))

Aug 04 11 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Ehh.........

Aug 04 11 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Tim

*huggs*

Aug 04 11 09:57 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Ehh.........

shared your fb status yesterday with a few friends
they got a good laugh out of it

Aug 04 11 09:58 am Link

Model

Kelsey-L

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sigh.. I feel like I'm about to wear myself out again..

I go through cycles.. Where I make myself so incredibly busy to try and take my mind off things.. So on top of booking shoots, runway shows, working full time I decided to get a part time job.

I really think the benefits will help, the extra money and taking my mind off things, but I also think that not having much of a social life may take it's toll on me.

I'm hoping to keep this a short term thing. Only planning on working there until after Xmas.. but I'm hoping it doesn't take a negative affect before then.

Aug 04 11 10:37 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Kelsey-L wrote:
Sigh.. I feel like I'm about to wear myself out again..

I go through cycles.. Where I make myself so incredibly busy to try and take my mind off things.. So on top of booking shoots, runway shows, working full time I decided to get a part time job.

I really think the benefits will help, the extra money and taking my mind off things, but I also think that not having much of a social life may take it's toll on me.

I'm hoping to keep this a short term thing. Only planning on working there until after Xmas.. but I'm hoping it doesn't take a negative affect before then.

and you said you weren't motivated. I think plenty of things motivate you...you just might be too pooped tongue

looks like you have to schedule lots of things. so you could schedule time for you-like your own date. go get your hair done, check a movie with a friend. read, meditate

when i was runnying around like that...I found actually scheduling time for me helped a lot

Aug 04 11 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Let me give you a quick update. The chemicals in my brain got off their ass and started squirting around so I feel better now. I love you guys more than you can know, thanks for caring about me. I don't know what I would do without y'all.

Aug 04 11 10:47 am Link

Model

Kelsey-L

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Faith EnFire wrote:

and you said you weren't motivated. I think plenty of things motivate you...you just might be too pooped tongue

looks like you have to schedule lots of things. so you could schedule time for you-like your own date. go get your hair done, check a movie with a friend. read, meditate

when i was runnying around like that...I found actually scheduling time for me helped a lot

I force myself to do things.. I finally got to the point where I realised I can't just sit at home.

I start to plan personal time.. but then realise I could be working.. or shooting and reschedule my personal time..

Aug 04 11 10:48 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Kelsey-L wrote:

I force myself to do things.. I finally got to the point where I realised I can't just sit at home.

I start to plan personal time.. but then realise I could be working.. or shooting and reschedule my personal time..

make sure you keep to your personal time. you are important too and need you time. either alone or with friends. it is very important to have some down time

Aug 04 11 10:53 am Link

Model

Kelsey-L

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Let me give you a quick update. The chemicals in my brain got off their ass and started squirting around so I feel better now. I love you guys more than you can know, thanks for caring about me. I don't know what I would do without y'all.

Glad you're feeling better!

Aug 04 11 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Kelsey-L wrote:

Glad you're feeling better!

Thanks sweetie, I just sent you a PM.

Aug 04 11 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Andy Durazo

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm going nuts!!!
It's sad when you're more comfortable at work or any where other than home!

Aug 04 11 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Andy Durazo wrote:
I'm going nuts!!!
It's sad when you're more comfortable at work or any where other than home!

If we can be of help Andy just let us know.

Aug 04 11 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I was a little late getting into the thread today with log in issues

morning all smile

Aug 05 11 06:10 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning everyone. Welcome to Friday!

Aug 05 11 06:21 am Link

Photographer

Enfire Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Good morning everyone. Welcome to Friday!

ready or not smile

Aug 05 11 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Bump for the overnight crew.

Aug 05 11 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning beautiful people. It is Saturday, go forth and frollic!

Aug 06 11 06:52 am Link

Model

Bambolina

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, US

Good morning beautiful people. It is Saturday, go forth and frollic!

Good morning Tim! Thanks for the kind welcome smile

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. I am about to go see a movie with my unbelievably loving viking boyfriend and a few friends, then working out to get those happy chemicals flowing. Its a good day so far.

Aug 06 11 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

KGSF

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

Hi everyone. I hope you all are well today.

I am so terribly terribly unhappy. "Just" the end of a two year relationship. I feel ridiculous to be laid so low by something so universal, so common to everyone who lives, when so many others in this world have far more terrible and genuine reasons to be unhappy. So much in my life is just fine, even positive, but none of that seems to matter, this has taken over every atom of my being.

By staying VERY busy, I can force the thoughts and images and sounds and feelings out of my head very temporarily, but one can only do so much, then one is exhausted, and must lay down or get ready for sleep, and it all floods in and the torture starts.

The things I did wrong I will never be able to correct. The things she did wrong she really doesn't care about at this point, because she is happily with someone else, and doesn't think about me anymore.

The knowledge that until I get over this, there's no chance of anyone (with any sense) wanting to be with me, and not knowing HOW to get over it, despite trying every damn thing everyone has suggested.

I started therapy (for the first time, never "needed it" before now) last this week. He is wonderful, sympathetic, smart, and will see him weekly till god knows when.

And I have to admit, just that one sessions helped: going from breaking down and crying randomly and at the worst possible times (in public, at work, at social functions), to just WANTING to cry all the time, but at least being able to hold it in till I'm in private, is an upgrade from my previous state.

Progress I suppose. I'll take it.

Four months of this: I've had a broken heart before, more than once in my life, but hell, this kind of total devastation was unexpected.

*sigh*

Thanks for letting me vent.

Aug 06 11 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Good morning (afternoon really)!!! Welcome to Sunday all you beautiful, talented and glorious people!

Aug 07 11 10:10 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

sad

Aug 07 11 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

How ya doing Chris?

Aug 07 11 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Not good...
I'm really starting to think its always going to be like this the rest of my life..
It really hurts when I see everyone else meeting up,and wondering why I can never be in the right place at the right time when someone I know would be perfect for me is single and looking

Aug 07 11 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Not good...
I'm really starting to think its always going to be like this the rest of my life..
It really hurts when I see everyone else meeting up,and wondering why I can never be in the right place at the right time when someone I know would be perfect for me is single and looking

I can relate.

I took in a friend and his gf as roommates recently. I get to be reminded even when I'm home. It's bitter sweat. I'm good with myself, but I do miss that kind of companionship.

Aug 07 11 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Scottsworld71

Mount Vernon, Ohio, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Not good...

I feel ya. A good friend of mine told me I need to "lower my standards" ... because my standards of "dont be a raging alcoholic" "non smoker" "dont be a psycho that'll chop my peter off and destroy it in the garbage disposal" sets the bar too high I guess. Im working on a group trip to the bahamas next year, ive noticed that everyone that has said they were coming has a signifigant other ... except me

Aug 07 11 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Not good...

I know how you feel Chris. I had not been on a date since things ended with my ex in 1992. A couple of months ago I got to Facebooking  with a girl from college and one thing led to another and now we are in love. Are you putting yourself in a target rich environment? Where are you trying to meet people?

Aug 07 11 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Scottsworld71 wrote:

I feel ya. A good friend of mine told me I need to "lower my standards" ... because my standards of "dont be a raging alcoholic" "non smoker" "dont be a psycho that'll chop my peter off and destroy it in the garbage disposal" sets the bar too high I guess. Im working on a group trip to the bahamas next year, ive noticed that everyone that has said they were coming has a signifigant other ... except me

Worst advice ever..when one lowers their standards its basicly throwing in the white towel and giving up....I mean,most sane guys(and I would like to consider myself one) would tend to know their "limitations" in what they could reasonably attract(ie,yeah,looks are important to me,but I am not going to chase a "9" or a "10" living in Hollywood or Vegas,ect....as even if they are "interested,you are being used until someone they really want comes along),but at the same time(and my therapist stresses this every session) I also will refuse to believe that any woman I would be interested in is "out of my league",though unfortunately ones I do fine atractive seemeing would never give a 42 year old guy who drives a truck long haul for a living and was financially destroyed by his ex a look sad

Aug 07 11 09:31 pm Link