Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

can I laugh at that? I want to laugh at it-like a dark humor.

morning all
Feeling a little stronger today

I find humor in it. I almost feel guilty when I think of the visual and giggle.

Jul 20 11 09:24 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

good
https://s.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2009/3/20/15/but-then-i-seriousd-again-when-i-read-all-the-15648-1237576479-4.jpg

Jul 20 11 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

That poky looking thing is scary.

Jul 21 11 12:12 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hey MM family. Later today I have  PTSD therapy. We are going to confront some powerful triggers and I'm worried I'm get trapped in  flashback and never get out of it. I know that sounds insane, and it is insane, but I think of such things. Today we are going to the burn center. I doubt I can get off the elevator once I hit the floor. There is smell in a burn unit, I can't describe it. I dont't know if I'm ready but I want to be. With your support I seem to do better at a lot of things. I love you guys and please have a terrific day!

Tim

Jul 21 11 12:18 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
Hey MM family. Later today I have  PTSD therapy. We are going to confront some powerful triggers and I'm worried I'm get trapped in  flashback and never get out of it. I know that sounds insane, and it is insane, but I think of such things. Today we are going to the burn center. I doubt I can get off the elevator once I hit the floor. There is smell in a burn unit, I can't describe it. I dont't know if I'm ready but I want to be. With your support I seem to do better at a lot of things. I love you guys and please have a terrific day!

Tim

*huggs*

Jul 21 11 01:16 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Good morning, Faith.
smile *huggs*

Jul 21 11 01:16 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:
Good morning, Faith.
smile *huggs*

lol
morning early bird

hugs-tim

Jul 21 11 04:22 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Jul 21 11 08:11 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

major meltdown last night. As usual, a lot of little (should be inconsequential) things pile up, and the last tiny little thing pushed me over the edge. I had a feeling it was coming, so I preemptively took 1/2 of a Xanax. A half an hour later, it was like I took nothing, and I lost it. I took another 1/2, and I was still up until after 1 am (I took the first half at 6:30pm)! I could not shut it down.

If this keeps up, I may consider going back on my meds. But I really, really, REALLY despise "mental health professionals".  Just thinking about them sends my anxiety soaring.

I hope everyone else is hanging in.

Jul 21 11 08:32 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Star Child wrote:
http://kayelless.wordpress.com/2011/07/ … cess-time/

I want to snuggle your kitty -_-

Jul 21 11 08:34 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Natasha240 wrote:
major meltdown last night. As usual, a lot of little (should be inconsequential) things pile up, and the last tiny little thing pushed me over the edge. I had a feeling it was coming, so I preemptively took 1/2 of a Xanax. A half an hour later, it was like I took nothing, and I lost it. I took another 1/2, and I was still up until after 1 am (I took the first half at 6:30pm)! I could not shut it down.

If this keeps up, I may consider going back on my meds. But I really, really, REALLY despise "mental health professionals".  Just thinking about them sends my anxiety soaring.

I had a bad meltdown too, despite the fact that I had taken something to help with my emotions yesterday. Today feels just like yesterday. I'm hanging on by my pinky.
I'm still absorbing shock, disgust....and just an avalanche of other emotions, brought on by the big huge thing I'm not quite ready to talk about, that I don't believe at this point, will ever go away, or fix itself. Ever.

Jul 21 11 08:37 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:

E P O N A wrote:
I had a bad meltdown too, despite the fact that I had taken something to help with my emotions yesterday. Today feels just like yesterday. I'm hanging on by my pinky.
I'm still absorbing shock, disgust....and just an avalanche of other emotions, brought on by the big huge thing I'm not quite ready to talk about, that I don't believe at this point, will ever go away, or fix itself. Ever.

huggs to you both

Jul 21 11 08:52 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:

Natasha240 wrote:

huggs to you both

hugs squared

Jul 21 11 08:53 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

I want to scream. But I think that if I do, I won't be able to stop. Or my neighbor will call the cops. hmm

Jul 21 11 10:04 am Link

Photographer

john_ellis

Spokane, Washington, US

E P O N A wrote:
I want to scream. But I think that if I do, I won't be able to stop. Or my neighbor will call the cops. hmm

Yell into a pillow maybe?

If yelling is going to help give you a release that you feel you need - find a way. smile

Jul 21 11 10:10 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

John_Robert wrote:

Yell into a pillow maybe?

If yelling is going to help give you a release that you feel you need - find a way. smile

I haven't SI in a very very long time, I want to keep it that way. But this anger, I need it out of me. I think that screaming would help. Or destroying something. (but not hurting myself or anyone!)

Jul 21 11 10:11 am Link

Photographer

john_ellis

Spokane, Washington, US

E P O N A wrote:
I think that screaming would help. Or destroying something. (but not hurting myself or anyone!)

Seriously, do you feel that destroying something is a healthy way of dealing with any stress or negative emotions?  It seems very counter-productive to being healthier.

Years ago I had a really tough time dealing with anger issues from my childhood.  I was really quick to get in fights and constantly wanted to physically get my emotions out.  I ended up taking boxing lessons and that definitely helped but it was a "bandaid" solution when I really needed to sort out the root of the problem.

Just a thought, man. smile

Jul 21 11 10:22 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:

I haven't SI in a very very long time, I want to keep it that way. But this anger, I need it out of me. I think that screaming would help. Or destroying something. (but not hurting myself or anyone!)

you could blast some Fred Durst. I prefer the Fuck song. I feel better after that smile

Jul 21 11 10:26 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

John_Robert wrote:

Seriously, do you feel that destroying something is a healthy way of dealing with any stress or negative emotions?  It seems very counter-productive to being healthier.

Years ago I had a really tough time dealing with anger issues from my childhood.  I was really quick to get in fights and constantly wanted to physically get my emotions out.  I ended up taking boxing lessons and that definitely helped but it was a "bandaid" solution when I really needed to sort out the root of the problem.

Just a thought, man. smile

I'm very close to the edge, reaching desperation. I just need something to help, if even just a little.

Jul 21 11 10:34 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

you could blast some Fred Durst. I prefer the Fuck song. I feel better after that smile

I'll have to look that up.

Jul 21 11 10:34 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:
I'll have to look that up.

people make fun of me because it's limp bizkit, but let me tell you...everyone I suggested to and tried it-all said they felt better after smile

or cleaning or gardening sometimes work too. I prefer profanity in a loud voice

edit: found it..might have to look to find an uncensored version
http://www.google.com/#q=fred+durst+hot … 87&bih=630

Jul 21 11 10:37 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

I'm not religious, but a prayer comes to mind.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

I know I can't change what happened the other day. I can only hope to heal from it.
I'm stuck between crying my eyes out and screaming. I hope that soon, I can be better.

I'm trying so hard to recover from my depression right now, the added issues, not helping...I'm sure you all know that.

I dunno. Sorry for posting so much and if I'm bothering anyone.

Jul 21 11 10:40 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

I know I can't change what happened the other day. I can only hope to heal from it.
I'm stuck between crying my eyes out and screaming. I hope that soon, I can be better.

I'm trying so hard to recover from my depression right now, the added issues, not helping...I'm sure you all know that.

you can use that as a mantra. its used in the 12 step programs. and its God as you understand Him. some people it's a group conciousness. what works for them

I prefer this version of the serenity prayer

God grant me the…
Serenity to accept the things I can not change
Courage to change the things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.

Jul 21 11 10:49 am Link

Photographer

john_ellis

Spokane, Washington, US

E P O N A wrote:

Yeah, I'm not religious at all but the serenity prayer is a good piece of simple philosophy.

I change it to, "Develop the serenity..." 

P.S. sending you a private message.

Jul 21 11 10:50 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

you can use that as a mantra. its used in the 12 step programs. and its God as you understand Him. some people it's a group conciousness. what works for them

I prefer this version of the serenity prayer
God grant me the…
Serenity to accept the things I can not change
Courage to change the things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.

Thank you.

I know it will take TIME for me to feel better. I need PATIENCE, indeed.
I wish I had a block. Block everything, so my depression does not worsen, like it has been.

Jul 21 11 10:51 am Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

Today Its on my mind again.
I dont know how to cope

Jul 21 11 11:06 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Phane wrote:
I dont know how to cope

(((Hugs))))

Jul 21 11 11:07 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Phane wrote:
I dont know how to cope

hug

I like your avatar

Jul 21 11 11:37 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

E P O N A wrote:

Thank you.

I know it will take TIME for me to feel better. I need PATIENCE, indeed.
I wish I had a block. Block everything, so my depression does not worsen, like it has been.

I like the fullness of this one. It attacks all the little nagging I let my head speak.

Jul 21 11 11:39 am Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

E P O N A wrote:

(((Hugs))))

Thank you.
am trying to clear my head and think positive thoughts
one of which is buying my bf a one way ticket here today.

Jul 21 11 11:51 am Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

hug

I like your avatar

Thank you. wink

Jul 21 11 11:51 am Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

I like to bake when I feel sad anyone want some vegan chocolat chip cookies?

Jul 21 11 11:52 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Phane wrote:

https://madcowstudios.com/news/media/1/20081113-_2008_11_funny-pictures-cat-wishes-to-access-your-cookies.jpg

Y

Jul 21 11 11:54 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Phane wrote:

omg YUM

Jul 21 11 12:05 pm Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

E P O N A wrote:

omg YUM

Then I shall anyone want to dance the zombie dance with me?

Jul 21 11 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Phane wrote:

Then I shall anyone want to dance the zombie dance with me?

YES

Jul 21 11 12:18 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

night y'all. i'm off of work smile

Jul 21 11 12:24 pm Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

E P O N A wrote:

YES

awsomev;)

Jul 21 11 01:35 pm Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
night y'all. i'm off of work smile

see you later

Jul 21 11 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I mentioned this morning that i was going to be exposed to some triggers during my PTSD therapy. It tore me to shreads. I am fucked up hardcore right now. I was taken to the childrens burn unit.  All these beautiful loving children all wrapped up in bloody gauze to cover their horrible burns. I had never looked back on me as a the beautiful loving kid wrapped up in bloody gauze. Then it occured that my mama did every day,... and I lost it. I was dragged back in the elevator in no time and shot up with a nice big dose of Ativan. I'm still stoned now but I'm gonna be dealing with this for a while. They tell me I got just what I needed from it and like it or not its time to deal with it. These people are not the hold your hand and tell me where it hurts therapists. They get most of their PTSD funding from the Department of Defense and they create a treatment plan that is suppose to hurt like hell but deliver you from the demons.

BTW, In case I don't say it often enough, I love y'all very much.

Jul 21 11 01:59 pm Link