Forums > General Industry > Creepy Photogs and their Bad Advice.

Photographer

Luminos

Columbia, Maryland, US

Yep, 40 year old photographers can be pretty darn creepy.  Men over 40 really shouldn't be permitted to have a camera.  Only twenty and thirty somethings, with lots of money, a fast car, look like Heath Ledger, and work for Vogue.

Glad I'm over 50 so that I can't take offense.

How many photographers out there are bookmarking this thread as a reference back to the next time they go looking for a model with the right attitude towards the business?

Oct 02 06 09:14 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

SKPhoto wrote:
[If no one cared to look at you,

not only wouldn't you have a career (for models),

you'd probably be quite lonely and pissed as well (for everybody else, except hermits).

//and quite frankly if you didn't want anyone noticing your ass you wouldn't wiggle it so much when you walk in a public place.

LOL! Well, I never really though of "wiggling it" while simply shopping for a new hamper. I don't really see myself as one of those girls guys stare at like that. My friends maybe, but so not me. I've practiced 'wiggling it" more but it always comes out forced smile

Oct 02 06 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

RBDesign wrote:
This thread is funny.

jayedwards wrote:
Funny ''ha-ha'' or funny ''strange''?

Just wondering if I was so bored with this funny strange thread and just now woke up from the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs

and found myself copying down the stupid little gifs  or are they figs, 

anyway,   I was rambling after waking up from the
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs

and I was sort of wondering, 
is there a point  to this pointless pointification????
ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wha  wha      What,   

I WAS NOT SNORING

Oct 02 06 09:18 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Ransom J wrote:
I've never quite got the logic behind pretty people bitching about how people find them attractive.  Woe be to the persecuted model that they must endure stares of admiration and longing all day!

trust that there is an ugly person out there right now  praying that someone will look at them like a piece of meat tommorrow when hey wake up.

But hey what do I know.  I can't tell people what to let go and what to be rightfully annoyed at.  It's unamerican!

Ok, I was gonna argue about such a comment and put in my 2 cents worth of feministic rights in but just to be identified as a "piece of meat" for once and not just "yeah, that chick Annabella wit the pretty smile"? I'll take it! Sex symbol is I and I'm beggingi to like it!!! smile

Oct 02 06 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Chelyse wrote:
Ok Digital, you are one in... well let's start counting. lol

I don't mind being the only one big_smile

Oct 02 06 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

ANNABELLA wrote:

Ok, I was gonna argue about such a comment and put in my 2 cents worth of feministic rights in but just to be identified as a "piece of meat" for once and not just "yeah, that chick Annabella wit the pretty smile"? I'll take it! Sex symbol is I and I'm beggingi to like it!!! smile

I say it to the people who I think understand and/or posess it: "personality + character = authentic beauty"

I like your smile, and your sense of humour: I get it, now.. ok? smile

Oct 02 06 09:24 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Luminos wrote:
Yep, 40 year old photographers can be pretty darn creepy.  Men over 40 really shouldn't be permitted to have a camera.  Only twenty and thirty somethings, with lots of money, a fast car, look like Heath Ledger, and work for Vogue.

How many photographers out there are bookmarking this thread as a reference back to the next time they go looking for a model with the right attitude towards the business?

Ok, now its time for my 2 cents. First of all, don't know why the age factor became such a hot topic. My boyfriend would laugh at all the middle aged photographers who are suddenly taking offense considering he's part of your generation, (MINUS the fast car, well actually minus A car period, a look far from Heath Ledger; instead think of an older, more wiser looking Jesus with an even longer beard and whose occupation is probably the one that has most gold digging women cringing: GASP! A Teacher!!  (DA DA DUUUUUUUMMMMMM)

Hey Models: How many of you bookmark threads when looking for photographers with the right attitude besides your atypical model bashing threads and stories of models who came on to them and they happily obliged after a shoot. Can you say double YAWN? https://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gif

Oct 02 06 09:25 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

lolol hugs to OP

I ran into a photographer I worked with previously who was shooting an event I was attending with my husband, They chatted for a bit then when we walked off hubby leaned over to me and asked "that was a real photographer wasn't it"?

Just take the card and toss it into the random card pile...

Oct 02 06 09:25 pm Link

Model

Mirabela

Durham, North Carolina, US

PapaVic Photography wrote:

You are -also- a wise young lady.

i am but when i just logged in here i had comment really bad about and after i saw that they are people that like me too so i think everyone can make they comments if the word will be the same will be boring because every body will think in the same way and have the same thinking!!!

i don't know if u can understand what i mean but i try the best!!!

Oct 02 06 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Luminos wrote:

Well she dosen't do fetish anyway, so i didn't bother [this time].

Oct 02 06 09:29 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I say it to the people who I think understand and/or posess it: "personality + character = authentic beauty"

I like your smile, and your sense of humour: I get it, now.. ok? smile

Aw, thanks! LOL! I was just kidding but really, don't guys always say a girl has a "nice personality" or "pretty smile" when they think she's alright? I get "piece of meat" and "nice ass" all in one thread! Hell, I'll take it! smile

Oct 02 06 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

ANNABELLA wrote:
I mean, who wants to stand around and watch a 40-something year old undress you with their eyes?

Hmm...throughout this thread you've made negative references about older photographers, my guess is that you only shoot with the young guys.

You got something against older photographers?

Oct 02 06 09:31 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Again, I wasn't trying to bash the over 30. Sheesh! Nowadays there's always someone who will take offense. Who knew they could be so sensitive. Maybe I should stop calling my boyfriend "old man" when I wanna piss him off.

https://bestsmileys.com/clapping/6.gif

Oct 02 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

Mirabela wrote:

i am but when i just logged in here i had comment really bad about and after i saw that they are people that like me too so i think everyone can make they comments if the word will be the same will be boring because every body will think in the same way and have the same thinking!!!

i don't know if u can understand what i mean but i try the best!!!

Non si preoccupi. Il vostro Inglese è migliore del Italiano mio.

Oct 02 06 09:34 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Howard Garcia wrote:
You got something against older photographers?

ARGH!! READ MY OTHER COMMENTS (Don't mean to yell-apparenly in the cyber world all caps mean such)

Oct 02 06 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

I take umbrage with your reference to middle aged photographers being in their 40's.

Oct 02 06 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Sometimes people think I'm creepy, but usually that's just because I want to do bad things to them in the dark.

Oct 02 06 09:36 pm Link

Model

Mirabela

Non si preoccupi. Il vostro Inglese è migliore del Italiano mio.

thanx a lot!!!

Oct 02 06 09:38 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

OK, no more comments on my part about age of photographers. I clarified my comment since I realized many were taking offense.

That is all from me for now.

https://bestsmileys.com/signs9/1.gif

Oct 02 06 09:38 pm Link

Model

Mirabela

Ched wrote:
Sometimes people think I'm creepy, but usually that's just because I want to do bad things to them in the dark.

lol

Oct 02 06 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

This is a creepy person.  Don't lump all photographers in this category.  Some of us are making a living and booking models for jobs.  We hire you through agencies and pay you on time.  Just because someone says they are a photographer doesn't mean they are one.  I'm sorry you get offended by men glaring at you.  I'm a female photographer.  I get stared at, and hit on.  It has nothing to do with you being a model or him being a "photographer."  He is just a guy hitting on a girl..you just gave him a something to talk to you about by talking about "the business."

Oct 02 06 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Ched wrote:

I prefer the lights on...

Oct 02 06 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

I take umbrage with your curt dismissal of your agist comments about middle aged photographers in their 40's.

Oct 02 06 09:42 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Amy J Jones Photography wrote:
This is a creepy person.  Don't lump all photographers in this category.  Some of us are making a living and booking models for jobs.  We hire you through agencies and pay you on time.  Just because someone says they are a photographer doesn't mean they are one.  I'm sorry you get offended by men glaring at you.  I'm a female photographer.  I get stared at, and hit on.  It has nothing to do with you being a model or him being a "photographer."  He is just a guy hitting on a girl..you just gave him a something to talk to you about by talking about "the business."

I wasn't "lumping" all photographers just like all photgraphers claim not to "lump" all models who they bash on an everyday basis on this site.

A man can look but there is a level of staring that makes me uncomfortable and that is just me. i'm still exploring my sexuality and learning to understand it and so therefore I am not all "whooo...look at me in my skinny jeans baby!"

Oct 02 06 09:42 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Okay...I believe the she only used the age reference because the guy was older and she is young. It would be no different if some 40-something year old man made sexual remarks about someones teenage daughter. I am quite certain-photographer or not-that they'd be deemed creepy and perhaps even perverted.

Give her a break already and get over your age insecurities.

Oct 02 06 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

A lot of photographers in their 40's are lumpy. Says Batman!

Oct 02 06 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

ANNABELLA wrote:

I wasn't "lumping" all photographers just like all photgraphers claim not to "lump" all models who they bash on an everyday basis on this site.

A man can look but there is a level of staring that makes me uncomfortable and that is just me. i'm still exploring my sexuality and learning to understand it and so therefore I am not all "whooo...look at me in my skinny jeans baby!"

I'm a lumpy photography that takes umbrage at your lumping...

(waitaminit..)

(uhm.....)

Oct 02 06 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Mircalla wrote:
Give her a break already and get over your age insecurities.

I take umbrage against your sweeping generalizations of insecurities against middle aged photographers in their 40's.

Oct 02 06 09:46 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm a lumpy photography that takes umbrage at your lumping...

(waitaminit..)

(uhm.....)

LOL! Your sense of humor reminds me of my dad's. Suddenly I'm homesick  sad

Oct 02 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

One lump or two? Tea-hee! big_smile

Oct 02 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

ANNABELLA wrote:

Agist slur.

Oct 02 06 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I'm 27. Am I still under the legal creepy photographer age limit?

Oct 02 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

ANNABELLA wrote:

My point was that not all of us are bashing anyone.  He is just a guy trying to pick up a girl.  Has nothing to do with photographer/model relationship.  This thread needs to end.

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

ANNABELLA wrote:

Colleadh slán, á phaisté mó croí...

Photographer

NAR_

Los Angeles, California, US

im not sure if the arguing is over, but i so think this is entertaining, because as a photographer i think you should NOT "lump" all photogs together, but as a hott girl.... ummm, yea, guys are assholes, and well, some of them like to think they are photographers or say they are just to be around a cute girl and to be able to show his friends the pics...
whats funny is when i tell a guy i am a photographer and he asks if he can take pictures of me...
ummmm.... WHAT????
seriously. if you are on MM because you are a creep... well, stop getting off on these naive models and get off MM.

meow!

Oct 02 06 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Meehan wrote:

Agist slur.

Alas, ...to be in the either "a creepy old guy" or a "you remind me of my dad" time of life.

There is no justice in the world.

Oct 02 06 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

Hey,

Everyone! This is your opportunity to make big time money. Let's make this thread a reality show. I'll produce it.

Oct 02 06 09:58 pm Link

Photographer

Ye Olde Photographer

San Juan, San Juan-Laventville, Trinidad and Tobago

Did you ever stop to consider how many people you would offend with this post? I looked at you portfolio many times before and admired you a lot but tonight you show your true colors.

You had a conversation with a harmless 40 something year old dreamer, and isn't that what most of are in this forum, dreamers? Are we all going to be world famous photographers and supermodels? I think not.

I suppose you limit all you shoots to photographers under 40? What would you do if you reach 40? :  commit suicide?

Oct 02 06 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

RBDesign wrote:
Hey,

Everyone! This is your opportunity to make big time money. Let's make this thread a reality show. I'll produce it.

Ok, but I'm Batman.

Oct 02 06 10:02 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Meehan wrote:

I take umbrage against your sweeping generalizations of insecurities against middle aged photographers in their 40's.

I really do hope you were kidding.

Oct 02 06 10:04 pm Link