Forums > General Industry > Creepy Photogs and their Bad Advice.

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

ANNABELLA wrote:
most dumbest

Ched wrote:
Batman opens his case.

Batman rests his case.

That wasn't ANNABELLA; that was from her 33 year old boyfriend "with NO car, has never owned a suit or even dress shoes in his life and is a teacher."

Oct 03 06 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

ANNABELLA wrote:
Its so much cooler to let a thread do totally upside down especially at a models expensive.

my boyfriend is 33, with a receeding hair line and a Jesus beard.

How many times will you repeat this? Model-bashing? Calling yourself a victim?

ANNABELLA wrote:
My point is that with all the model bashing that goes around. Many of us models go through a lot worse with a lot of these creepy GWC's running around. Of course, such threads are put in the dark.

Modeling bashing is much more fun!

ANNABELLA wrote:
Model Bashing is much more of a lively thread!!

ANNABELLA wrote:
Guess this should of been under "Model Matters." That's right: models only. I'm sure there are plenty of model bashing threads in the other forums fellow photogs.

ANNABELLA wrote:
When models are bashed the photographers of model mayhem swarm like bees to such a thread.

ANNABELLA wrote:
But the same with many photgraphers out there. A lot of them are just tottally creepy, to say the least.

ANNABELLA wrote:
I wasn't "lumping" all photographers just like all photgraphers claim not to "lump" all models who they bash on an everyday basis on this site.

ANNABELLA wrote:
Couldn't of said it better myself! Like I said: model bashing is the only en vogue thing to do on the Mayhem

ANNABELLA wrote:
Yeah, I got a few encouraging mail too...Good to know not every photographer wants me hanged

And who--other than you--will gain anything by knowing your boyfriend is 33?

ANNABELLA wrote:
My boyfriend-the love of my life, the man I hope to spend the rest of my life with is 10 years older than I am, has a long beard and beer belly (for now but he's trying to lose it

ANNABELLA wrote:
My boyfriend would laugh at all the middle aged photographers who are suddenly taking offense considering he's part of your generation

ANNABELLA wrote:
Maybe I should stop calling my boyfriend "old man" when I wanna piss him off.

ANNABELLA wrote:
In the words of my 33 year old boyfriend who just expressed his laughter over "my generation being so damn sensitive about being old"

ANNABELLA wrote:
Perhaps my 33 year old boyfriend should put in his 2 cents worth on how much I "age discriminate."

ANNABELLA wrote:
Now, again, my boyfriend is 33 and he edged over into the creep factor but I fell hard so we don't look at all older guys like that.

ANNABELLA wrote:
I age-discriminate they say: even though the love of my life is as old as dirt: oops! There I go again!

ANNABELLA wrote:
See, I can take an older guy trying to talk to me (how else did I get wit my current boyfriend?)

ANNABELLA wrote:
My boyfriend is 33 with anger lines, a bad hip and shaggy gray beard.

ANNABELLA wrote:
Again, my boyfriend is 33, with NO car, has never owned a suit or even dress shoes in his life and is a teacher.

ANNABELLA wrote:
In the words of my boyfriend after reading all 6 pages:

Yes, ANNABELLA, we understand. You have a boyfriend. He's 33, and as old as dirt.

ANNABELLA wrote:
Most of the time I making writing deadlines or working to be an internet troll.

It appears to be working.

Oct 03 06 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Rich, I'm not sure .. not sure if she knows either?  But it did offend a few old creepy photographers here, right?  LOL  tongue

Being 60, I was overly offended. LOL

Oct 03 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

D Freeman

Fresno, California, US

ANNABELLA wrote:

WoW! I won't being going there. No more further comments towards you.

I'm not sure why you declined to answer this one.. maybe you didn't note the fact that KM is female, but.. whatever.  I'll take it on myself.

It *must* be for love.  It couldn't be for anything so superficial as attention.

Ok, ok.. to be straight about it: It is my contention that the *only* reason for a female to wear a low-cut top is to get guys to stare at her breasts.  In fact, I think that most of the clothes designed for women now-a-days are created in the interest of attracting attention from men.  A woman is more in tune with her sexual power and understands this.. and then dresses appropriately for the amount and type of attention she wants to receive.  A girl dresses to look cute n sexy, and then whines when she's innundated with attention "she doesn't want".  It's self-centered Bullsh*t.

Just my $50.
-D

Oct 03 06 04:28 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Demarcus Freeman wrote:

I'm not sure why you declined to answer this one.. maybe you didn't note the fact that KM is female, but.. whatever.  I'll take it on myself.

It *must* be for love.  It couldn't be for anything so superficial as attention.

Ok, ok.. to be straight about it: It is my contention that the *only* reason for a female to wear a low-cut top is to get guys to stare at her breasts.  In fact, I think that most of the clothes designed for women now-a-days are created in the interest of attracting attention from men.  A woman is more in tune with her sexual power and understands this.. and then dresses appropriately for the amount and type of attention she wants to receive.  A girl dresses to look cute n sexy, and then whines when she's innundated with attention "she doesn't want".  It's self-centered Bullsh*t.

Just my $50.
-D

I just can't quit today.  So how does that vibe with when I'm out wearing no makeup, non tight as hell jeans and a Disney princess t shirt with flip flops?  Nothing revealing, nothing provocative, but I still get bugged like I had on booty shorts and a bra top.

Oct 03 06 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
So how does that vibe with when I'm out wearing no makeup, non tight as hell jeans and a Disney princess t shirt with flip flops?  Nothing revealing, nothing provocative, but I still get bugged like I had on booty shorts and a bra top.

It must be awful to be so beautiful.  You're terribly brave to share your experiences of being so desireable that no man can keep away from you with us.  I for one, am honored.

*end sarcasm*

Oct 03 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
I just can't quit today.  So how does that vibe with when I'm out wearing no makeup, non tight as hell jeans and a Disney princess t shirt with flip flops?  Nothing revealing, nothing provocative, but I still get bugged like I had on booty shorts and a bra top.

Umm, because a good portion of men (boys) will hit on almost anything in the hopes that one will say yes.  They play the numbers game and the individual woman is not important to them -- only scoring is...

Oct 03 06 05:06 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

It must be awful to be so beautiful.  You're terribly brave to share your experiences of being so desireable that no man can keep away from you with us.  I for one, am honored.

*end sarcasm*

Melvin, what is your deal?  I'm confused.  I was responding to a post that said women wear clothes designed to make men pay attention to them.  So I wanted to know what's up with guys still paying attention to me when I'm not dressed in an attention getting way.  Simple enough I think.  Do you have an answer for me?  No?  Why not?  And I never said that no man can keep away from me.  If that were true, I wouldn't have so many tragic relationships in my past.

Oct 03 06 05:16 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

jayedwards wrote:

Umm, because a good portion of men (boys) will hit on almost anything in the hopes that one will say yes.  They play the numbers game and the individual woman is not important to them -- only scoring is...

Thank you for actually responding to what I was asking.  I've heard this a million times but still don't get it.  If a guy is going to hit on everything he sees, then why do women even bother to care about our outfits at all?  I mean, how on earth have we been tricked by the fashion industry into thinking we need mini skirts and sexy dresses when all it takes is tits and a hoo ha? (oh man I love saying "hoo ha")
Now I'm mad for an entirely different reason.

Oct 03 06 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Edwards

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:

Thank you for actually responding to what I was asking.  I've heard this a million times but still don't get it.  If a guy is going to hit on everything he sees, then why do women even bother to care about our outfits at all?  I mean, how on earth have we been tricked by the fashion industry into thinking we need mini skirts and sexy dresses when all it takes is tits and a hoo ha? (oh man I love saying "hoo ha")
Now I'm mad for an entirely different reason.

Don't get mad, just understand that men and women have different agendas at different times.  Women may dress up to appeal to the men who don't normally play the numbers game -- these men are usually more worthwhile partners for a woman to have.  Some guys just want to put it in anywhere they can and don't care what the packaging is.  Clothing is a form of advertising and marketing but not everyone pays attention.  Anyway, I won't go into a lengthy discussion about advertising markets and marketing strategies (mainly because I would probably embarrass myself) but hopefully you get my drift.

Oct 03 06 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The summary of this thread:

Anna got hit on by a 40 year old dude who was oogling her like a slab of meat.

It was annoying plus he had shitty advice for her.

Many photographers over the age of 40 took this personally because being 40 doesn't make you a creep.

She didn't mean it that way.

Her boyfriend is old and has a beer belly with a jesus beard.

She has a boyfriend that she loves.

Being pretty gets you things even if you don't want it.

It's not a BAD thing to be pretty.

Anna has a boyfriend that she loves.

Melissa's life sucks.

Photographers bash models.

Melissa is unapprieciative of her blessings.

Almost all of the women agree with Anna.

Anybody that disagrees with Anna is a GWC.

Did I leave anything out?

Oct 03 06 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Rebecca R

Ashland, Alabama, US

you forgot that ched is batman

Oct 03 06 05:46 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Ransom J wrote:

Many photographers over the age of 40 took this personally because being 40 doesn't make you a creep.

Melissa's life sucks.

Hey! I love my boyfriend too!  But other than that, nope you got most of it.  smile  But you might want to add that now we're veering into why women dress slutty if they aren't sluts territory.

Oct 03 06 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Ransom J wrote:

I'm Batman.

Oct 03 06 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
Hey! I love my boyfriend too!  But other than that, nope you got most of it.  smile  But you might want to add that now we're veering into why women dress slutty if they aren't sluts territory.

"You may not be a hoe, but you're wearing a hoe's uniform"   - Dave Chapelle.

Oct 03 06 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ched wrote:

I'm Batman.

D'OH!  How COULD I forget!?

**smacks forehead**

Oct 03 06 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

I take umbrage with your omittal of Batman from your summation. And well... me too.

Oct 03 06 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Meehan wrote:
I take umbrage with your omittal of Batman form your summation. And well... me too.

Addendum:

Ched is batman.

Meehan takes umbrage with everything.

Umbrage was on Meehan's "Word of the Day" calendar.

Oct 03 06 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

Ransom J wrote:

Melissa's life sucks.

You have summarized it well, even my question of what was the point of the rambling has now been answered.

Oct 03 06 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Thanks man... big ups.

Oct 03 06 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
Simple enough I think.  Do you have an answer for me?  No?  Why not?

I actually don't have an aswer for you.  I personally can't see why any man would want to get close to someone as self-involved and unpleasant as you appear in this thread.  I know I certainly wouldn't and I have a very broad view of what I find attractive.

*before you fly off the handle, let me say it for you:  "blah blah blah...your boyfriend loves you...blah, blah, blah...he really loves you...blah, blah, blah...blah, blah, blah...he really, really loves you a whole lot...blah, blah, blah...*

Oct 03 06 06:23 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
I actually don't have an aswer for you.  I personally can't see why any man would want to get close to someone as self-involved and unpleasant as you appear in this thread.  I know I certainly wouldn't and I have a very broad view of what I find attractive.

*before you fly off the handle, let me say it for you:  "blah blah blah...your boyfriend loves you...blah, blah, blah...he really loves you...blah, blah, blah...blah, blah, blah...he really, really loves you a whole lot...blah, blah, blah...*

Oh, I wasn't going to mention him.  I agree with you.  Because the men who approach me don't get any sweet treatments from me.  They get bitchy sarcasm.  But for some reason, that doesn't deter them.  I'm glad to see that it would work on someone.

ETA: Why would you automatically assume I would bring him up?  I've kept him out of this thing for like 9 pages.  You have me mistaken for a different black girl.

Oct 03 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

ntyme photography

Toledo, Ohio, US

"Don't look at my ass. Unless It's on mm and I'm looking to get paid."

Oct 03 06 06:42 pm Link

Model

Megan Tayler

Glendora, California, US

Ransom J wrote:
I've never quite got the logic behind pretty people bitching about how people find them attractive.  Woe be to the persecuted model that they must endure stares of admiration and longing all day!

It's not about the admiration, it's how and what's being admired.  If a man saw me, smiled, and said you have beautiful eyes, and that's where it ended that's fine.  It's when he says that, and then asks if my chest is real that it's out of line.  Photographers don't get it because it's all 'art' to them.  Well sadly for some, that means a little too much for me.  Everyone has the right to see beauty as they please, and that's why we differ.  With that said, you have to keep an open mind to the idea that maybe what you think is beautiful may be offensive to others.  People just need to simmer down- you can't take everything to heart but you can't let it slide either.  I'm sorry that so many photographers have been offended, they seem to be the ones the most opposed to her story.  However, you have to realize that we as models don't like feeling unsafe in any way.  Would you?

Oct 03 06 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Shoreline Studio

Sandusky, Ohio, US

This one really set you all off, heh?

I was hoping to participate, but though I am old and creepy enough, my fingers are too tired to type anymore today. So I'm just gonna go set on a bench at the mall and watch the young girls walk by. (With my dirty overcoat laying on my lap, of course. It's in the rules - look it up.)

(creepy) old guys do rule!

Oct 03 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Megan1988 wrote:
It's not about the admiration, it's how and what's being admired.  If a man saw me, smiled, and said you have beautiful eyes, and that's where it ended that's fine.  It's when he says that, and then asks if my chest is real that it's out of line.  Photographers don't get it because it's all 'art' to them.  Well sadly for some, that means a little too much for me.  Everyone has the right to see beauty as they please, and that's why we differ.  With that said, you have to keep an open mind to the idea that maybe what you think is beautiful may be offensive to others.  People just need to simmer down- you can't take everything to heart but you can't let it slide either.  I'm sorry that so many photographers have been offended, they seem to be the ones the most opposed to her story.  However, you have to realize that we as models don't like feeling unsafe in any way.  Would you?

Unsafe from what?  the cashier at the Wal Mart?  Did she think he was going to rub her ass while bagging up her Martha Stewart pillows?

This wasn't a photoshoot, this was some guy at a retail store hitting on a cute chick.  No more no less.  And i stand by what I say.

You want your eyes complimented but not your breasts?  WHAT?  WHY?  Your breasts are a part of your body, what makes them above reproach?  Your ears are okay but your breasts are a no no?  Are there caution areas?  Like green light body parts of compliment, yellow zone and then red light STOP compliment areas?  Is you neck a yellow zone?  How about your waist line?  That's AWFULLY close to your hoo ha!  It must be in that yellow zone of no compliments!

LOL seriously.  If a dude asks if your breasts are real how is that SO harmful?  If a girl has on contacts, and someone says "wow that color is a nice color on you, are those contacts?" it's surely acceptable.  She wore the contacts to attract attention to her eyes que no?  And people will ASK sometimes if it's natural if there is some dispute about it. It's human nature.

Yet when you get BREAST implants, you didn't get them to draw ANY attention to your breast at all?  You didn't want ANY BODY to look at them?  Heaven forbid they think they are NICE and compliment you on them, or GASP ask you if the implants that you might actually HAVE are in fact IMPLANTS.  WHOA, stepping over the line there buddy!

Oct 03 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I still don't understand (yes, I'm a dumb photographer) how the subject of "Creepy Photographer and Bad Advice" has anything to do with your encounter at a mall? You ran into a guy that obviously felt a familiarity with you based on your previous visits. He was attracted to you and was trying to spark a conversation...no different than a guy meeting you in a club and approaching you. He just happened to use the "I'm in the biz" pick up line to spark a conversation.

This has nothing to do with modeling or photographers...it has to do with the human nature of men...and women.

Oct 03 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
You have me mistaken for a different black girl.

Now that one is just too easy.

Oct 03 06 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Ransom J wrote:

Melissa's life sucks.

This is appalling! You forgot that she has a 33 year old boyfriend that she loves. Dammit he's 33! Did I mention he's 33?

Oct 03 06 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Rex Arbogast

Chicago, Illinois, US

Gee, This has been quite entertaining....what I find sad is that there are those weird distorted photographers who prey on young models for the very reason Annabella mentions....just look at MM and you can see their work all over the place.........standing ovation Annabella

Oct 03 06 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Rossi Photography wrote:

Well, I tried that in another thread just a couple days ago and I'm sure you've seen what that turned into. *rolls eyes*

I tried that too, didn't work, and wasted oodles of time arguing. I see some of the same ones are on this thread.

Oct 03 06 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Charles Rex Arbogast wrote:
Gee, This has been quite entertaining....what I find sad is that there are those weird distorted photographers who prey on young models for the very reason Annabella mentions....just look at MM and you can see their work all over the place.........standing ovation Annabella

I'm not sure how the story of a 22 year old getting hit on at a mall transitioned into weird distorted photographers preying on young models. But that might just be me.

However, since my last posting I completely changed my perspective. I went to Starbuck's and an 18 year server said she loved my hair and actually began talking to me. I was outraged. I mean, complimenting my big nose is fine but my hair is off limits. When I told her I had a 65 year old girlfriend she still wouldn't let up and I immediately called the Coffee Cops and had her taken away for pretending to be a Barista and giving me advice on how to make a good cup.

*sarcasm over*

Oct 03 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Well, I'm a photographer, but I'm not over 40 yet.  I'm only 38.  Does that mean I'm only a little creepy, or kinda creepy, or almost creepy, or not creepy at all?  I'm confused.

Oct 03 06 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

I'm not sure how the story of a 22 year old getting hit on at a mall transitioned into weird distorted photographers preying on young models. But that might just be me.

However, since my last posting I completely changed my perspective. I went to Starbuck's and an 18 year server said she loved my hair and actually began talking to me. I was outraged. I mean, complimenting my big nose is fine but my hair is off limits. When I told her I had a 65 year old girlfriend she still wouldn't let up and I immediately called the Coffee Cops and had her taken away for pretending to be a Barista and giving me advice on how to make a good cup.

*sarcasm over*

EL OH EL.

Oct 03 06 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

ANNABELLA wrote:
Ok, so I have a bash for all the "Creepy Photgraphers" (da da dum) out there.

I'm not a creepy photog and don't see why any non-creepy photog would be offended by the post since she was clearly referring only to the creepy ones.

Oct 03 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

dfstudios

Mill Valley, California, US

Charles Rex Arbogast wrote:

Dude, you are not who you claim to be. You are a hoax. First, Charles Rex Arbogast can spell. Second, put a measuring tape around your stomach and tell me if you are skinny or fat.

Oct 03 06 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

donald vance

New York, New York, US

Shoreline Studio wrote:
This one really set you all off, heh?

I was hoping to participate, but though I am old and creepy enough, my fingers are too tired to type anymore today. So I'm just gonna go set on a bench at the mall and watch the young girls walk by. (With my dirty overcoat laying on my lap, of course. It's in the rules - look it up.)

(creepy) old guys do rule!

haR!!!!

Oct 04 06 11:06 am Link

Photographer

donald vance

New York, New York, US

Ched / Batmoderator wrote:

The Times Square Batman is a fraud! Batman would never hang out in Times Square. Batman is more of a Union Square person.

well,....maybe that explains the yellow overcoat and the cutoff trouser legs, but now it means you owe me a forty!

Oct 04 06 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

Ought To Be Shot wrote:
*yawn*  Where ya goin' with this?  smile

*yawn*  Where ya goin' with your portfolio?

Oct 07 06 09:52 am Link