Forums > General Industry > she is sexy and sixteen??!!??

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

io wrote:

Okay, I'll admit it...I'm kinda "nice..." Theda, are you Theda B on LJ?

People actually still use live journal? I never understood airing your dirty laundry to the world like that,lol.

Jan 19 06 12:13 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

io wrote:

Okay, I'll admit it...I'm kinda "nice..." Theda, are you Theda B on LJ?

Yeah. Same theda. Same snotty comments. Oh yes.

If you're kinds nice, you're probably much nicer than I am. Glamour Boulevard isjust in denial.

Jan 19 06 12:15 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

theda wrote:

If you're kinds nice, you're probably much nicer than I am. Glamour Boulevard isjust in denial.

-presses cross to Thedas forehead- Darlene, out, now! I cast thee,,,yadda yadda Gates of haydes,this and that and the other....
smile

Jan 19 06 12:17 am Link

Model

io

New York, New York, US

theda wrote:

Now i'm tempted to add you on that thing, i see you post in Darenzia's journal a bit.

Jan 19 06 12:19 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Eric S. wrote:
This model is under 18, in fact you'd be surprsed how young she is. But I sure as hell wouldn't shoot her "sexy"

Jan 19 06 12:22 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

Come Brian, keep things in modern day context.  Nevermind that it was a fictional story, it takes place when?

hrm ok I had a friend in school she started her peroid at 10 years old.
10 years old she was mature enough to have create babies her body was ready. The law says her mind is not ready to accept that body?

Jan 19 06 12:24 am Link

Model

io

New York, New York, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
hrm ok I had a friend in school she started her peroid at 10 years old.
10 years old she was mature enough to have create babies her body was ready. The law says her mind is not ready to accept that body?

Well, I said FINISHED with puberty at least (preferably a few years out from that)....I started mine at 10 (nearly 11) but wasn't finished w/all the secondary stuff until 13/14.  But then we could start talking about how puberty comes on MUCH sooner than it once did...indeed, THAT does create serious issues.

Jan 19 06 12:54 am Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

Strange...I've yet to see someone from another country say that girls shouldn't have "sexy" pictures shot until they're over 18....Why is that?

Let me guess, it's a different society? Well guess what, we came from that society not to long ago ourselves! I dare anyone here to say we are a better and more advanced society (moraly, not economic or industrial) then almost any one European country. Can anyone explain how our European friends average rate per 1000 teens getting pregnant is less than half of ours, (almost 1/4)  yet they're more open and relaxed about these kind of sexual issues??? 

Maybe if we should try talking and explaining things to our kids and work with them to have a better understanding of life, instead of keeping them sheltered for as long as possible.

Jan 19 06 01:16 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Dave the design student wrote:
The typical age a modeling career begins at in the fashion publishing world is the 13-17 year old age range.  Young women do not have adult hips, providing a straight line from the upper torso to the floor, providing a longer leaner look than the average adult woman possesses.  Desired by runway designers everywhere.

Dear Dave, I am just coming home (4am EST) from a fashionshow (scheduled for 8pm didn't start until 11:45pm)...

... I just deleted a long post in response to you...

Here's the VERY short version:

Finish your degree... move to NYC, work on some major fashionshows...

... and then share your experience on how this industry works and what all designers are looking for!

I appologize if I am brisk and abrasive, but I work full time in this industry and reading your post (too tired to comprehend? Then I will edit when well rested!) just has some minor reactions that would not be nice...

So, please... before you share your experience on the real high fashion world... please wait a while, okay...

Thanks

Udo... a very tired and exhausted Udo

Jan 19 06 03:23 am Link

Photographer

Steven Bigler

Schenectady, New York, US

Nothing like being in Milan seeing some mid-America mom dropping off her 14 year old to get tagged... then waiting for her!!!!!!

First red-flag was the title "sexy 16 year old"... 16 year olds are not sext... they are children.

Now while they may have nice bodies or be beautiful professionally... they are NOT sexy.
(for those that think they are... be sure to kick the soap into the corner before picking it up!)

Jan 19 06 03:46 am Link

Photographer

Michael Gundelach

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Steven Bigler wrote:

Now while they may have nice bodies or be beautiful professionally... they are NOT sexy.
(for those that think they are... be sure to kick the soap into the corner before picking it up!)

I beg to differ....

I might be able to shoot a picture of a woman which you might find quite sexy...
But AFTER your comment that the woman indeed is sexy...It tell you that she's sixteen. What happens with your above mentioned theory?

Jan 19 06 03:55 am Link

Model

KARELEA

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

UdoR wrote:
Sorry, you are wrong Terry!

Young fashionmodels are being chosen for their female attributes and usually have a height and body proportion that is the one of a slender, adult female.

A thirteen years old, with the proper makeup and lighting as well as clothing, looks like a 19/20 years old young woman, and that's who they are marketing to.

Because of the makeup artistry, that underaged teenager portraits a young adult until she is way over the age she's being portraying.

At age 29, they make her look like 22, and then the cut off is near.

To summarize, what they are looking for is to develop a model, and face recognition that caters to the looks of a 20 years old for (in this example) 15/16 years.

To develop a model like that, it's a lot of time and money and often, when they use a model of "her age", she doesn't have that long of a time in the industry, as opposed a very young model, that they can make look much older...

YEP. the truth. Im 19 and although my book is well... up on the higher levels Iam still considered a middle-aged woman in fashion years. sad If I dont end up in Vogue in the next 2-3 years, Im screwed. he he he.

Now if I happed to stay very young and fresh and you get the idea, I still have great chances of working full-time even at 30! I know some fabulous models in NY and LA whos agency lie about their ages to clients (by 5-10 years) because as long as models represent the age needed, who the hell cares? Anyhow, it is quite scary how lack of positive morals in families today leave no choice for kids but to be influenced by the society around them in a negative way. Again, it all depends what society they are in. I was fortunate to grow up in russia, germany and america - gave me a strong character and family values I wont trade even for vogue cover. The problem goes back to us all... what kind of generation are we bringing up? Theres always going to be bad and good, its up to us to make that choice. If these kids dont know the right from wrong - whos to blame?
us all.

Jan 19 06 03:58 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Steven Bigler wrote:
First red-flag was the title "sexy 16 year old"... 16 year olds are not sext... they are children.

Tell that to other 16 year olds.

Jan 19 06 04:57 pm Link

Model

Tenebrae

Rincon, Georgia, US

Hartsoe wrote:

Exactly... and still most of our teens are no gun carrying maniacs or gangbangers. Cool - huh?

Yea...

That's because you remember what happened last time when you got too carried away with your weapons.

I kid I kid, I actually hear it's quite lovely over there.

Jan 20 06 12:38 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

BCG wrote:
she is sexy and sixteen??!!??

Some are, some aren't.

Jan 20 06 12:42 am Link

Photographer

Paul Ward

New York, New York, US

BCG wrote:
sorry..but the OVERT sexualization and overtones that some of these gals is pushing the limits...what mother would let her child shoot like this and what photographer would accept this type of shoot???

answer: the parents/guardians don't know what their kids are doing.

Jan 20 06 12:18 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Some parents don't let their kids climb trees. Some don't let them wear just a thong. It's all relative.

Anyone seen the photo book "At Twelve" by Sally Mann?

Jan 20 06 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

So, there is this young, 20ish model, really hot... very sexy, long legs, round tight butt, nice perky breasts... let's say a brunette... wearing some tight blue jeans and tight shirt, nothing sleazy, just sexy.

Make up, all is perfect in harmony.

You look at her and think by yourself, wow... she's really hot... guessing she's 19 at least.

Then, you find out that she's 16/17 and what now? Suddenly she's NOT sexy anymore?

I think people should get a grip on reality!

Just because you think she's sexy, doesn't mean that you wanna hit the sack with her... nor that you should.

People are so hung up on that sexuality thing, it's nauseating.

Jan 20 06 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

UdoR wrote:

Dear Dave, "the design student", I am just coming home (4am EST) from a fashionshow (scheduled for 8pm didn't start until 11:45pm)...

... I just deleted a long post in response to you...

Here's the VERY short version:

Finish your degree... move to NYC, work on some major fashionshows...

... and then share your wisdom on how this industry works!

I appologize if I am brisk and abrasive, but I work full time in this industry and reading your post (too tired to comprehend? Then I will edit when well rested!) just has some minor reactions that would not be nice...

So, please... before you share your indefinite experience on the real high fashion world... wait a minute, okay...

Thanks

Udo... a very tired and exhausted Udo

Before you get all up in someone's face you might try to up the quality in your portfolio. I honestly can't see much talent or expertise in any of your work. Any GWC can make it to a fashion show, big deal.

Jan 20 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

UdoR wrote:
So, there is this young, 20ish model, really hot... very sexy, long legs, round tight butt, nice perky breasts... let's say a brunette... wearing some tight blue jeans and tight shirt, nothing sleazy, just sexy.

Make up, all is perfect in harmony.

You look at her and think by yourself, wow... she's really hot... guessing she's 19 at least.

Then, you find out that she's 16/17 and what now? Suddenly she's NOT sexy anymore?

I think people should get a grip on reality!

Just because you think she's sexy, doesn't mean that you wanna hit the sack with her... nor that you should.

People are so hung up on that sexuality thing, it's nauseating.

absolutly right.

Not to mention men are programmed to look for youth and fertility.  1000's of years of programming.  You don't just turn that off!  You most certainly don't act on it.  But you don't/can't turn it off.

Jan 20 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Ched wrote:
Some parents don't let their kids climb trees. Some don't let them wear just a thong. It's all relative.

Anyone seen the photo book "At Twelve" by Sally Mann?

I have seen all of her books, as well as the ones from Sturges and Hamilton. They are all very good in their own way.I see nothing wrong with any of their work.

Jan 20 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:
Before you get all up in someone's face you might try to up the quality in your portfolio. I honestly can't see much talent or expertise in any of your work. Any GWC can make it to a fashion show, big deal.

Dear Terry;

Thank you so much for your un-qualified critique (did I hurt your feelings by correcting you as well and now you use my post to Dave to vent?).

For your information, not everybody can get into Olympus Fashionweek! You've got to be media, and the people that send you must know that you can deliver high quality images for their publications, too much is at stake. For that... you need talent and expertise.

Runway is an entire animal all together and I am not talking about the dozens of smaller shows, that any dude with camera can enter, to shoot a wannabe model he wants to impress.

The difference between your statements and mine is that you have no idea about how the runway industry works, but I do. So, considering this, if someone provides an opinion on how something ought to work and that opinion is not based on the reality of the industry, I have all the right to say what I have said, to Dave, as well as to you.

I should also note to you that my critique on Dave's statement had nothing to do with photography, but his statement on what all fashiondesigners are looking for (sleek lines of a boyish body), because it's simply wrong!

Now, regarding your portfolio critique, let's just say that I really don't care about your opinion on my photography.

Simply, because I care not enough about my online portfolios, hence they are rather sloppy and very incomplete and outdated.

Why?

Because, I am too busy delivering real life assignments to living and paying clients who fully appreciate the results I am delivering them. None of that work shows anywhere neither here, nor on my actual website.

However, I am being urged by quite a few people to update my website to show all the commercial and editorial stuff I am doing and I have simply no idea how I can do it in my schedule.

I have two major gallery showings coming up, and have been just recently been approached by another Soho gallery to exhibit one of my editorial series I did last year.

Word of mouth is what I live by, not online booty shots or ego stroking.

So, dear Terry, to summarize, your cheap shot at my qualification, talent and photography leaves me with a grin..., nothing else.

So, now, you go back to the drawing board of your knowledge about the fashionindustry, and start to shoot and provide runway images that fashioneditors can actually use!

You'll be in for a surprise.

Toodles

Udo
GWC with Monopod

EDIT:
So, I just looked at your portfolio, you are a photoshop jockey... and you diss MY work... LMAO

Not that it's bad... but your photos, although "artistically/electronically" enhanced are nice and great for framing and hanging into living rooms (even small gallery showings at local venues are possible), they won't catch the attention of a booker at an agency (at least in NYC) looking for models. Because of your lack of knowledge, you misjudge portfolios.

Jan 20 06 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:
I honestly can't see much talent or expertise in any of your work. Any GWC can make it to a fashion show, big deal.

Just to make a last point:

I did a commercial campaign with Diana Moffitt. The resulting tearsheets got two top agencies in NYC interested and both signed her this week!

She just left a tag:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/AutomotiveDiana/DianaMMTear.jpg

So, tell me again why I shouldn't make the statements I've made...

My photos get results!

All the best

Udo

Jan 20 06 02:54 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Udor gets paid taking photos....nuff said.  LOL smile

Jan 20 06 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

UdoR wrote:

Dear Terry;

Thank you so much for your un-qualified critique (did I hurt your feelings by correcting you as well and now you use my post to Dave to vent?).

For your information, not everybody can get into Olympus Fashionweek! You've got to be media, and the people that send you must know that you can deliver high quality images for their publications, too much is at stake. For that... you need talent and expertise.

Runway is an entire animal all together and I am not talking about the dozens of smaller shows, that any dude with camera can enter, to shoot a wannabe model he wants to impress.

The difference between your statements and mine is that you have no idea about how the runway industry works, but I do. So, considering this, if someone provides an opinion on how something ought to work and that opinion is not based on the reality of the industry, I have all the right to say what I have said, to Dave, as well as to you.

I should also note to you that my critique on Dave's statement had nothing to do with photography, but his statement on what all fashiondesigners are looking for (sleek lines of a boyish body), because it's simply wrong!

Now, regarding your portfolio critique, let's just say that I really don't care about your opinion on my photography.

Simply, because I care not enough about my online portfolios, hence they are rather sloppy and very incomplete and outdated.

Why?

Because, I am too busy delivering real life assignments to living and paying clients who fully appreciate the results I am delivering them. None of that work shows anywhere neither here, nor on my actual website.

However, I am being urged by quite a few people to update my website to show all the commercial and editorial stuff I am doing and I have simply no idea how I can do it in my schedule.

I have two major gallery showings coming up, and have been just recently been approached by another Soho gallery to exhibit one of my editorial series I did last year.

Word of mouth is what I live by, not online booty shots or ego stroking.

So, dear Terry, to summarize, your cheap shot at my qualification, talent and photography leaves me with a grin..., nothing else.

So, now, you go back to the drawing board of your knowledge about the fashionindustry, and start to shoot and provide runway images that fashioneditors can actually use!

You'll be in for a surprise.

Toodles

Udo
GWC with Monopod

EDIT:
So, I just looked at your portfolio, you are a photoshop jockey... and you diss MY work... LMAO

Not that it's bad... but it's not my style of shooting at all, no wonder that you think your are so superior... What a joke!

Dude, all I can say after bein raked over the coals by you in the past is I am glad this is not toward me,lol. Congratulations on helping Diana get signed. Although none of us will be able to work with her now,lol.

Jan 20 06 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Udor

I didn't like your condescending attitude so I purposely gave a little of your own medicine back to you and you didn't like it either so my point is made. If you have some knowledge of the industry and want to share great but try to use some tact next time. To each his own.

Jan 20 06 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
Udor gets paid taking photos....nuff said.  LOL smile

So do I and congratulations thats awesome news you got signed.

Jan 20 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:
Udor

I didn't like your condescending attitude so I purposely gave a little of your own medicine back to you and you didn't like it either so my point is made. If you have some knowledge of the industry and want to share great but try to use some tack next time. To each his own.

Okay, no problem.

I do understand and I appologized profilactically IN MY POST to Dave as well.

I had a hell of a night at one of the worst shows I've ever been... was a favor to a very dear friend of mine... tired and cranky and was just fed up.

Then I read some things and just had enough!

All the best

Udo

Jan 20 06 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Terry Breedlove wrote:
If you have some knowledge of the industry and want to share great but try to use some tack next time.

Hmm, showing another side of yourself, eh? Which type of tack would you prefer? Buggy whip? Riding crop? A bit?Bridal?

Jan 20 06 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
Dude, all I can say after bein raked over the coals by you in the past is I am glad this is not toward me,lol. Congratulations on helping Diana get signed. Although none of us will be able to work with her now,lol.

Yeah... well... I think that she may still work with MM'ers..., at last, I encountered so many agency models that are also on MM now...

That's why I am personally so strict at the worksafe avatar enforcement, because MM is becoming a force, known to landbased modeling too... but I don't see eye to eye with other mods on that issue.

But that's another story... LOL

Jan 20 06 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Udor all is good and I don't really think those things I said about your work sorry for the whole mess actually. By the way my original reply to this thread was just my sense of humor and not a real take on the fashion world, I was just joking around. smile

Jan 20 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
Hmm, showing another side of yourself, eh? Which type of tack would you prefer? Buggy whip? Riding crop? A bit?Bridal?

I have not dabbled in that whole fetish thing yet, but hey the bit and bridal thing sounds kinda fun. YEEHA RIDEM COWBOY !

Spelling corrected.

Jan 20 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

"Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta' HUG!"

Jan 20 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Terry Breedlove wrote:

I have not dabbled in that whole fetish thing yet, but hey the bit and bridal thing sounds kinda fun. YEEHA RIDEM COWBOY !

I do believe you meant tact, not tack smile

Jan 20 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

George ephrem

Jacksonville, Florida, US

being as i  have come into this discusion kinda late, what pics are you all talking about. i didn't see any link to what you were talking about.

did I miss the link???? what is it?

Jan 20 06 03:57 pm Link

Model

leila

nothing wrong with sexy sixteen year olds...after all its the legal age for sex right?

Jan 20 06 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
I do believe you meant tact, not tack smile

I know I already corrected that but hey lets get back to pretty girls and riding gear. smile

Jan 20 06 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

x-leila-x wrote:
nothing wrong with sexy sixteen year olds...after all its the legal age for sex right?

Depends on if your my daughter or not. If so then any boy breaking my law is punishable by extreme pain and broken bones. smile

Jan 20 06 04:02 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Aww let's all kiss and make up.  tongue 

Thanks Terry....I hope I get paid soon too!  LOL!!

Jan 20 06 04:03 pm Link

Model

leila

if i was your daughter then it would probably be happening anway...lol you can pretend it doesnt but cant stop it..even with broken bones!

Jan 20 06 04:07 pm Link