Forums > General Industry > Am I just gross looking or something

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

Mike Walker wrote:
I'd shoot you if you were out here. but in truth I'd rather do it before you get more tattoos and so limit your look.

I'd have to agree with Mike - you have a gorgeous figure, a singular beauty in your face and beautiful alabaster skin.  Why did you feel you had to mark it up or cover it up with a tattoo?

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 21 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Ransom J wrote:
Yeah Envy rocks pretty frickin hard.

Verified.

Dec 21 06 10:40 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Mandy McKeating wrote:

from her port:
"I do not and will not ever pay for a photographer so don't tell me your rates. I don't care."

that's a touch rude.

Dec 21 06 11:09 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Jay Bowman wrote:
What do you offer besides being attractive?  This is not me being mean or facetious, but you have to think about this realistically.

Sure, you've very attractive.  And?  So are a ton of other models, so now what?  What separates you from any other attractive model who wants to shoot with awesome photographers? 

Wise wise words.

There are plenty of pretty girls on here that should pay attention to this, not just the OP.

Just when you think you're working hard enough, remember, someone will always be better than you and is working harder than you as well...

Dec 21 06 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Daniela V wrote:
that's a touch rude.

She's since changed the profile, it seems. The thing that irked me were the poor post-edits of the photographer's images.

Dec 21 06 11:14 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Shanna wrote:
AHEM
um thats my myspace, not my portfolio OBVIOUSLY
and i can put what i want in it, because that isnt a portfolio and im not looking for shoots through myspace.

Then make your myspace private.

Dec 21 06 11:16 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Shanna wrote:

here I don't know, why do you make it your time to go into forums just to dump on other models?

envy didn't do that- she was making a point. you just don't see it because it isn't what you want to hear-

Dec 21 06 11:19 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Shanna wrote:

im trying but eveytime i kinda try to post something everyone just has to come back with things that are hardcore. all i wanted was some advice on what im doing wrong. some things i could do, instead of what a shitty person i am and stuff for asking a question

But when people told you what to change, you started arguing with them...

Dec 21 06 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

Soo it has been at least 6 days since OP started this thread how many photographers has she contacted in her area to shoot with???

Just courious...

Dec 21 06 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

Envy wrote:
Flattery gets you everywhere. *-*

wonders if a fleshlight coinpurse gets you off hiatus

Dec 21 06 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Shanna wrote:

actually i wasnt talking about you, i was referring to the people who turned the thread into a thrash on me about how i wont pay photographers. i don't have money jeez so let it go. and move on people damn

Hmmmm, this is interesting, no money to pay an awesome local photographer, but money to get Tattoos.

Dec 21 06 11:53 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Leo Howard wrote:

Hmmmm, this is interesting, no money to pay an awesome local photographer, but money to get Tattoos.

5 pages for someone to figure that out.

leo gets the award of the day.

Dec 21 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Daniela V wrote:

Leo Howard wrote:

5 pages for someone to figure that out.

leo gets the award of the day.

C'mon guys. She's 18 years old.

How many teenage girls have their heads on straight and their priorities in order?

In her mind, no money for photo shoots, yet paying for tattoos makes perfect sense.

But she's just a kid. Cut her a little slack. If she's doing the same song and dance in 10 years, THEN she can be duly crucified.

Dec 21 06 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

E|||B wrote:

C'mon guys. She's 18 years old.

E|||B wrote:
How many teenage girls have their heads on straight and their priorities in order?

In her mind, no money for photo shoots, yet paying for tattoos makes perfect sense.

But she's just a kid. Cut her a little slack. If she's doing the same song and dance in 10 years, THEN she can be duly crucified.

Good point, she is a kid

Dec 21 06 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

umm there are some photographers who do beautiful work and do it in traid for ink....

So a model get ink and prints *shudders in pleasure*

Dec 21 06 12:46 pm Link

Model

trish

it's your location and nothing more.....

come to LA, you'd work your little ass off.

Dec 21 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Harmon

Austin, Texas, US

trish wrote:
it's your location and nothing more.....

come to LA, you'd work your little ass off.

I think it's more, Texas has lots of great photographers...

Dec 21 06 12:59 pm Link

Model

Rose Summers

Matamoras, Pennsylvania, US

Hmmm..well I live in the middle of nowhere and I've mostly shot with 2 photographers up here....I'm doing fine for now. As for paying photographers, I would suggest it. I paid a photographer about a year ago - I am not very happy with the images, but that's because it was my first photoshoot ever, I wasn't 100% prepared, and it was not meant for my modeling (it was for my singing group). I do suggest if there is someone you REALLY want to work with and they will not do TFCD, pay them damnit!!!!! Either that or if they live in some other state, pay the money to get there and shoot with them (or pay them to come to you). If you don't have the money, save it up. Tattoos aren't cheap, so obviously you have money.

Dec 21 06 01:10 pm Link

Model

trish

Michael Harmon wrote:

I think it's more, Texas has lots of great photographers...

i know... i just took the time to actually read the rest of this thread.

makes me SOOOO happy i didnt start this modeling bs till i was 28......

Dec 21 06 01:15 pm Link