Forums > General Industry > Am I just gross looking or something

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

I can never get those awesome photographers to work with me. They just wont give me the time of day, am I doing something wrong with my looks or poses, what is it?

Dec 15 06 03:24 am Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

I know exactly how you feel....but then again I am new at this.

Personally, I think you're gorgeous.

Dec 15 06 03:27 am Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

whats a chest piece please? and no your not, you are in fact very photogenic.

Dec 15 06 03:30 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Hey Shanna... if U were in CA girl... you'd be busy... wink

Dec 15 06 03:30 am Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

Doug Mackay    DMP wrote:
whats a chest piece please? and no your not, you are in fact very photogenic.

chest piece is that big tattoo on my chest haha. and thanks

Dec 15 06 03:31 am Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Sacramento, California, US

If you were out here in California you would be very busy with shoots.

Dec 15 06 03:34 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

I'd shoot you if you were out here. but in truth I'd rather do it before you get more tattoos and so limit your look.

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Miss Shanna Banana wrote:
I can never get those awesome photographers to work with me. They just wont give me the time of day, am I doing something wrong with my looks or poses, what is it?

I don't see why that is.
Your portfolio overall needs some diversity but I think the shots you have up show that you are capable of a lot.

Just hang in there.  Browse for great photographers you maybe haven't come across yet and contact them.

Model

1fr

Palo Alto, California, US

I agree that it's probably your location.  I don't think the market is as big as other places.  Well.. At least now you have a reason to travel.  hehe~

Dec 15 06 03:42 am Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

nikki012u wrote:
I agree that it's probably your location.  I don't think the market is as big as other places.  Well.. At least now you have a reason to travel.  hehe~

yeah I'd love to make it to socal but im way too broke. but im moving to austin and there is alot more modeling opportunities down there

Dec 15 06 03:44 am Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

Mike Walker wrote:
I'd shoot you if you were out here. but in truth I'd rather do it before you get more tattoos and so limit your look.

amen

Dec 15 06 03:46 am Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

I don`t mind the tats,myself smile

Dec 15 06 03:49 am Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

Doug Mackay    DMP wrote:

amen

well since im gunna be doing fetish and what not the ink shouldn't get in the way

Dec 15 06 03:50 am Link

Photographer

Ray Cornett

well since im gunna be doing fetish and what not the ink shouldn't get in the way

There ya go. And that being said, move to California whenever possible smile

Dec 15 06 03:52 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Meh, I think your tat rawks! Can't wait to see it finished.

Your problem with finding photographers might have been with your ever changing profile.  I remember first you did nudes, then you didn't then you had a big ass no glam neon sign up insulting every glam shooter on the site, then you changed your account to this one.  Kinda hard to pin you down to even THINK about booking you for a shoot know what i mean?

Dec 15 06 03:54 am Link

Photographer

jasontheartist

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

All the "great" photographers spend too much time polishing their crowns and telling everyone how special they are......dont think you need them to make good images.

Given a chance you might find some good amateurs to work with.

Dec 15 06 04:01 am Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

Ransom J wrote:
Meh, I think your tat rawks! Can't wait to see it finished.

Your problem with finding photographers might have been with your ever changing profile.  I remember first you did nudes, then you didn't then you had a big ass no glam neon sign up insulting every glam shooter on the site, then you changed your account to this one.  Kinda hard to pin you down to even THINK about booking you for a shoot know what i mean?

I'm a teenage girl with pms lol i can't help it.
I like glamour now that i did some photos to send to playboy (which i never sent) and found out how easy and how good they make me look lol so now im into it.
I deleted the old one to get new photographers to check me out and junk.

Dec 15 06 04:01 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

i just looked at your profile..

weatherford texas? where the fk is weatherford texas.. it means boonies

you should say you are from fort worth, and then be prepared to do a little driving

some guy in ft worth will do a search and find models 5 miles from him, why would he drive 40 miles to weatherford?

there are 207 models with 25 miles of 76101..

Dec 15 06 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

1972 Productions

Cebu, Central Visayas, Philippines

lotusphoto wrote:

you should say you are from fort worth, and then be prepared to do a little driving

some guy in ft worth will do a search and find models 5 miles from him, why would he drive 40 miles to weatherford?

Bada bing!!

Here's another thought....why not PAY one of those bad ass photogs for a shoot to build your portfolio, then you can wave that around and start moving up the ladder!

Before the world of Internet, digi cams and P.C.s that's how it was done!  A model paid to get her port started right!

Good luck.

Dec 15 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

We accept cash and prizes.

Dec 15 06 12:07 pm Link

Model

Miranda Cole

Monterey, California, US

You're f*cking beautiful!!! Shut up!
edit* (sarcasm)

Dec 15 06 12:08 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

lotusphoto wrote:

You've got a point.  I don't live in the boonies, and photographers who do contact me willing to travel or help me travel to them.

Also, I really like how you say "fk."

Dec 15 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:
.... I really like how you say "fk."

you just want to rebound off of ghanz, you have to feel the pain a bit before you can move on..

Dec 15 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

MMPhotography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Idk, but maybe it is because your name is shanna banana? Just a thought.

Dec 15 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

I would shoot you in a heart beat, but I am not one of those awesome photogs you speak of. I also love you screen name ;-P

Dec 15 06 12:15 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Might be worth saving up to hire one.  Texas has some great shooters.  Get one amazing set of photos in your portfolio, and more offers will probably come.

Dec 15 06 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

JD Merryweather

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

i'm a bit north of you + i work in dallas a few times a year. i'll be there in Jan for a job. let's see about doing a shoot. i like your look and think you shoot quite well.

get in touch -

JD

Photographer

Steve Anderson

Los Angeles, California, US

Better to hated for who you are than loved for something your not.
Except for the distance, I'd love to photograph you.
Steve

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Definitely the location. No other rational explanation. And I agree about what everyone else says about Cali being good for fetish. Even though that's not my thing, there's a ton of it here. Course how much of it is *paid* is another matter.

Dec 15 06 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

The absolute very LAST thing that comes to mind when I look at you is "gross!"
wink
Location, location, location!
Good luck!

Dec 15 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

This is where every photographer outside of Texas says, "If you were here..." smile

No...you are far from disgusting. I'm pretty sure quite a few TX photographers will step up now that you've called them out lol. Good luck.

Dec 15 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

I used to work occasionally in Weatherford.  I think any photographers in Dallas and Fort Worth are going to know where Weatherford is.  Just keep at it.  The one thing I would think of changing is your MM name.  I'd have a little trouble taking you serious.  Now of course I am going to get flamed by all the banana lovers.

Dec 15 06 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Hey Shanna... if U were in CA girl... you'd be busy... wink

Yes indeed... We would be standing in line...

Dec 15 06 01:04 pm Link

Model

Adieu

I think your really pretty! Let's do a shoot together smile

Dec 15 06 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

You have a pretty face,  decent figure and are willing to take risks.

Once you are in a bigger market you will start getting the gigs that will help you build a good port.

Dec 15 06 01:11 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I'm a teenage girl with pms lol i can't help it.
I like glamour now that i did some photos to send to playboy (which i never sent) and found out how easy and how good they make me look lol so now im into it.
I deleted the old one to get new photographers to check me out and junk.

Yes, you're a teenage girl with PMS. Welcome to the real world, which doesn't give a flying rats tookus whether you've got PMS or not.

You wanna work, you gotta make it work for you. Location aside, there are some good suggestions already on this list. Adjusting your location and being prepared to drive is a GOOD one. It will suck, but it will get you work.

Be sure you're updating your profile every day. Don't change anything but a period or something. The more updated profiles often show up first on searches.

Get out and post in the forums. Make announcements on the front page as often as it will let you. Go search the casting call forum to find out if there is anything in your area. Be sure to search through roughly page 10, those things move quickly. Search for photographers in your area that have a picture quality that you admire. Complement them on it. If you have family or friends in another large city do some research and see if there are photographers there. Take a visit and stay with friends to cut costs.

Bottom line is that as a model your "career" (I put that in quotes becuase career is defined as whatever *you* want it to be) is only as successful as you cause it to be. The work you put into it directly determines what you get out of it.

Best of luck!

Dec 15 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

If I were closer I'd definitely photograph you, you're far from disgusting!

Dec 15 06 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Thyronne

Huntington Beach, California, US

if not for being geographically undesirable, I'd work with you

Dec 15 06 01:22 pm Link

Model

Manda Mercure

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Shyly wrote:
Might be worth saving up to hire one.  Texas has some great shooters.  Get one amazing set of photos in your portfolio, and more offers will probably come.

from her port:
"I do not and will not ever pay for a photographer so don't tell me your rates. I don't care."

Dec 15 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

you have mail

Dec 15 06 01:27 pm Link