Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Dec 15 06 07:57 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Miss Shanna Banana wrote:
no i actually wasnt talking about you. i was refering to envy and a few other people

What did I say that was false?

I fail to see how I'm a hypocrite. I have no problems finding photographers to shoot with me.

Dec 15 06 07:57 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
Apparently since we didn't stroke her ego, we are hipocrites with no good advice... who knew???!?!

actually i wasnt talking about you, i was referring to the people who turned the thread into a thrash on me about how i wont pay photographers. i don't have money jeez so let it go. and move on people damn

Dec 15 06 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

Okay, I withdraw my offer to shoot with you.

Besides, I'm not awesome, and I'm old, so I'd probably pee on myself during the shoot.

Dec 15 06 07:59 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

Envy wrote:

What did I say that was false?

here I don't know, why do you make it your time to go into forums just to dump on other models?

Dec 15 06 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

You have a wonderful attitude, and beautiful tits! I love your tattoo, can we shoot sometime? I'll give you full copyright for free and you can 'sparkle' the nipples out for MySpace all you want!

That better?

Dec 15 06 08:00 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

AdamtheJohnson wrote:
You have a wonderful attitude, and beautiful tits! I love your tattoo, can we shoot sometime? I'll give you full copyright for free and you can 'sparkle' the nipples out for MySpace all you want!

That better?

no you guys are misunderstanding, envy you rock, your hot. i don't hate you
i don't hate any of you.
seriously
just i wanted to get some offers. i didn't plan on a bunch of people thrashing, i mean i knew it would happen lol but this has just gotten out of hand
i didn't mean to offend anyone. im sorry. lets just all stop arguing. its silly.

Dec 15 06 08:02 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

here I don't know, why do you make it your time to go into forums just to dump on other models?

My comment was valid. You were rude and obnoxious , I'm not the only one that remembers you. Apparently you haven't changed.

Photographer

Collin J. Rae

Winchester, Virginia, US

actually i wasnt talking about you, i was referring to the people who turned the thread into a thrash on me about how i wont pay photographers. i don't have money jeez so let it go. and move on people damn

Well Envy actually knows what she's talking about and believe it or not some of us know a thing or two about the world of fetish...and you should meet Xanthia for she is a doll and a joy to work with which is why so many of us shoot her. There is a ton to learn here if you listen.

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

Edited to be nice.

Dec 15 06 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I was seriously trying to give you advice that might HELP you get closer to your goals with your site and all. 

Silly me.

Dec 15 06 08:03 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

Collin J. Rae wrote:

Well Envy actually knows what she's talking about and believe it or not some of us know a thing or two about the world of fetish...and you should meet Xanthia for she is a doll and a joy to work with which is why so many of us shoot her. There is a ton to learn here if you listen.

im trying but eveytime i kinda try to post something everyone just has to come back with things that are hardcore. all i wanted was some advice on what im doing wrong. some things i could do, instead of what a shitty person i am and stuff for asking a question

Dec 15 06 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

im trying but eveytime i kinda try to post something everyone just has to come back with things that are hardcore. all i wanted was some advice on what im doing wrong. some things i could do, instead of what a shitty person i am and stuff for asking a question

Well, in this case, they are one andthe same.,

Dec 15 06 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

How long have you been modeling? How long have the ones giving you advice been in the business? How much is real experience worth over wishes and dreams as a guideline to success?

Dec 15 06 08:09 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

im not sure what you mean. i defiantly need alot of advice. but as far as thrashing me and shit because i can't afford to pay people and stuff like that, its ridiculous.
i kinda wish envy didn't hate my guts though because she rocks. and you photographers rock. cept you hate me too but i'll get over it. i have plenty of cheesecake

Dec 15 06 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

im not sure what you mean. i defiantly need alot of advice. but as far as thrashing me and shit because i can't afford to pay people and stuff like that, its ridiculous.
i kinda wish envy didn't hate my guts though because she rocks. and you photographers rock. cept you hate me too but i'll get over it. i have plenty of cheesecake

We dont hate you. WE dont like your 'tude though. You've just put yourself on a high pedestal, and you only have one shoot under your belt.

Dec 15 06 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

David Kuenley O

Chiang Mai, Northern, Thailand

I can never get those awesome photographers to work with me. They just wont give me the time of day, am I doing something wrong with my looks or poses, what is it?

I don't know if I qualify as awsome but I'd love to shot with you. Ever get down to Austin, look me up.

David

Dec 15 06 08:15 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

DavidsStudio wrote:

I don't know if I qualify as awsome but I'd love to shot with you. Ever get down to Austin, look me up.

David

yeah I'm planning on moving there next year actually smile

Dec 15 06 08:17 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I don't hate you. Why does every model here feel I hate them? I just choose to distance myself from drama queens and attention whores. I'm not saying you are one or the other. Ok, maybe a little of both. wink BUT I honestly believe if you saw the way were are presenting yourself right now, you would understand why no one wants to help you any further.

Dec 15 06 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

Envy wrote:

I don't hate you. Why does every model here feel I hate them? I just choose to distance myself from drama queens and attention whores. I'm not saying you are one or the other. Ok, maybe a little of both. wink BUT I honestly believe if you saw the way were are presenting yourself right now, you would understand why no one wants to help you any further.

WEll I know I love you. Youre in my 12.

Dec 15 06 08:21 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

AdamtheJohnson wrote:

WEll I know I love you. Youre in my 12.

*sniff*

You rock.

Dec 15 06 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

Dr Molly Black

Cleveland, Ohio, US

This is totally a "he said, she said" situation, but I happen to know that somebody wanted to help this model set up a site and she blew off him driving all the way from Austin to her area to shoot her.

He doesn't take part in the forums and thus wouldn't see this, but honestly, for a very pretty girl, who could do great alternative work, you're expecting a LOT that isn't part of the way the real world works.

You got a LOT of good advice on what you might want to do if you want to actually succeed as an alternative model, but you became aggro and dissed the very people who wanted to help.

I would have shot you, happily, though I doubt I could have shot you half as well as the friend who originally shot you. Good luck with your future endeavors (and yes, I mean that) and try to listen to the people who have advice for you. Not everybody is out to get you. Some people just want to give you good advice.

Dec 15 06 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Envy wrote:

AdamtheJohnson wrote:
WEll I know I love you. Youre in my 12.*sniff*

Envy wrote:
You rock.

Dec 15 06 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Dr Molly Black wrote:
This is totally a "he said, she said" situation, but I happen to know that somebody wanted to help this model set up a site and she blew off him driving all the way from Austin to her area to shoot her.

He doesn't take part in the forums and thus wouldn't see this, but honestly, for a very pretty girl, who could do great alternative work, you're expecting a LOT that isn't part of the way the real world works.

You got a LOT of good advice on what you might want to do if you want to actually succeed as an alternative model, but you became aggro and dissed the very people who wanted to help.

I would have shot you, happily, though I doubt I could have shot you half as well as the friend who originally shot you. Good luck with your future endeavors (and yes, I mean that) and try to listen to the people who have advice for you. Not everybody is out to get you. Some people just want to give you good advice.

Like I had already stated, she's fishing.

Dec 15 06 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Studio Tyler

Tyler, Texas, US

I, also, am not sure that I qualify as an awesome photographer.  I am not sure how often you check your email, but I have emailed you in the past and I don't believe you ever replied.  I believe at that time you had a friend you wanted to shoot with and were looking for photogs to shoot the two of you.  I emailed offering to shoot you and most likely offered to pay your travel expenses (gas money) and never received a reply.  That is possibly one of the reasons you are not getting any work.  If you were not interested in working with me for whatever reason, a nice reply thanking me for emailing you and telling me that you were not interested in working with me for whatever reason would have been nice.  I am not going to turn this into a rant about models who do not reply, this is just my personal experience with you.  I think there are too many who put profiles on these sites who are not willing to do what it takes to get the work (checking your email on a regular basis is one of those things).  A reply months later explaining that you have not checked you email in a while only results in loss of work.  When photogs take the time to email you, it would be nice if that effort is acknowledged, even if it is just to say that you are not interested in the offer.

Dec 15 06 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

The Polaroid Guy

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

Envy wrote:

*sniff*

You rock.

Dec 15 06 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yeah Envy rocks pretty frickin hard.

Dec 15 06 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

Envy - Art

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I'd work with you in a split second!  If you ever travel to Kansas City, let me know and we will do a super shoot!  wink

Dec 15 06 10:02 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

AdamtheJohnson wrote:
And you know why? Your ATTITUDE. I've never even shot you, but it comes through.

Ransom J wrote:
Yeah Envy rocks pretty frickin hard.

Flattery gets you everywhere. *-*

Dec 15 06 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

How many awesome photographers are in Weatherford, Texas~? You may have to leave the ranch Miss Shanna Banana. smile

Wow, I just took a few minutes to read this thread and found a lot of drama happening here.

I'm also noticing a few more grey hairs these days and feeling a bit overweight; maybe even a little shanky, so I'll wish you the best and be on my way. *tips hat and kicks dust from boots*

Hey Click, wait up~!

Dec 15 06 11:34 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

When I see a subject line like this, my first thought is that the post is a thinly veiled:

A) request for empty compliments from random strangers (the ego stroke)
-or- B) a passive-aggressive casting call in an inappropriate forum

I hope this isn't one of those.  They're both annoying.

I think that your [new?] profile text gives an idea of what you want without being offensive.  That's good.  Looks like you've taken some of the advice here.  Your text also addresses the issue of location/travel, so I'm not going to echo what others have said about that.

This, however, is some of the best advice I've seen for getting the most out of this site:

Get out and post in the forums.  Make announcements on the front page as often as it will let you.  Go search the casting call forum to find out if there is anything in your area.  Be sure to search through roughly page 10, those things move quickly.  Search for photographers in your area that have a picture quality that you admire.  Complement them on it.  If you have family or friends in another large city do some research and see if there are photographers there.  Take a visit and stay with friends to cut costs.

If you put effort into networking, this site can be an excellent tool.

If you behaved poorly here before, then yeah, you will probably want to spend some time trying to cultivate a more calm, professional reputation.  Rebuild those bridges.  If travel is rarely an option, nothing will hurt your chances to work more than local gossip.  Seriously.

Ultimately, though, if photographers you want to shoot with are unwilling to do TFP with you, you may want to consider paying them.

Otherwise, be ready to do a lot of legwork finding the talented hobbyists and beginners who are looking for TFP themselves.

You need to figure out exactly what you want out of this whole thing, and whether or not those are reasonable goal(s).  I don't do adult work or promotional modelling/hostessing (and I'm an inch shorter than you, for reference), so I realized fairly early that modelling is not a viable career choice for me.

And as a hobby, modelling can be very expensive and effort/time-consuming!

If you're willing to work with that, it can be quite fun and rewarding.  It all depends on what you're trying to do.

Dec 19 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

Sacramento, California, US

Shanna wrote:
I can never get those awesome photographers to work with me. They just wont give me the time of day, am I doing something wrong with my looks or poses, what is it?

You're not gross looking or anything. It just that you live in the wrong state.

Dec 19 06 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Beyond

Tustin, California, US

Shanna wrote:

I get a LOT of mail from models (some are friends) out of Texas saying that there aren't a lot of photographers doing the kind of thing I do down there, prompting me to say I'll need to take a trip down there in the next couple years.

In the meantime, if you ever make it to L.A. between then and now... wink

Dec 19 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

DigitalJack Photography

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, US

GLB Graphics wrote:

Yes indeed... We would be standing in line...

I'll get in that line....

PS.
All my friends move to Texas to retire...

Dec 19 06 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Huynh Photography wrote:

and with that, the thread can come to a screeching halt.

Dec 19 06 11:24 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

Huynh Photography wrote:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=99318

yeah baby!

Dec 19 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Shanna wrote:
well since im gunna be doing fetish and what not the ink shouldn't get in the way

Don't count on that
even in the fetish market, too much in and especially things lie big chest pieces can be limiting.

Dec 19 06 11:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

NdeyeFace

Los Angeles, California, US

T H Taylor wrote:
The absolute very LAST thing that comes to mind when I look at you is "gross!"
wink
Location, location, location!
Good luck!

lmao...

Dec 19 06 11:43 pm Link

Photographer