Forums > General Industry > Am I just gross looking or something

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Have you inquired their rates or just asked for TFP/CD?

With that said, if you find yourself in AZ give me a shout and I'll do some TFCD with you...

Miss Shanna Banana wrote:
I can never get those awesome photographers to work with me. They just wont give me the time of day, am I doing something wrong with my looks or poses, what is it?

Dec 15 06 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Tee Batinich

Riverside, California, US

Your attitude is great. Being able to ask that question is a very sincere thing.

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Frog516 wrote:
what the hell is "idk"

I don't know...

...what those letters stand for.

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

Jay Bowman wrote:

I don't know...

Thanks, that was driving my nuts.

Dec 15 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
Have you inquired their rates or just asked for TFP/CD?

With that said, if you find yourself in AZ give me a shout and I'll do some TFCD with you...

After Carlos, then me next !!!

Dec 15 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jay Bowman wrote:

I don't know...

Apparently we were wrong Jay.  She seems to have no end of willing shooters, even WITH those demands.

Oh well.  Good luck with the site Shanna

Dec 15 06 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Ransom J wrote:
Apparently we were wrong Jay.  She seems to have no end of willing shooters, even WITH those demands.

Appalling isn't it?

You want to cough up some greenbacks then I'll shoot whatever you want.  But if you think I'm going to shoot and not charge to do so and not charge usage rights and give away copyright all because you stepped out of yer knickers...

Please...

Dec 15 06 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Why after? We can shoot her (and another model) at a cool location both of us can secure smile

wolff wrote:
After Carlos, then me next !!!

Dec 15 06 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Shanna... another question...

Why would you want to mess up such beautiful breasts?

Dec 15 06 05:30 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I do believe that it has become highly evident that your attitude is your only hindrence in your ability to gain work.

As someone else has pointed out, your bio reads EXTREMELY negatively.

Here are a few suggestions that might give you a boost:

Your bio is your resume. Would you tell a company that you're hoping to hire you "I aboslutely won't work at a register because the customers are rude!"? I think not!! You're simply going to suck it up and try to get hired and *then* negotiate.

Your bio also reads like a lazy want ad that doesn't really want anything at all. Its hard to tell what your strengths are and where you'd like to go with your modeling career. Sure a website, but what kind? There are a wealth of different kinds of websites out there, everything from hardcore fetish to eye candy type stuff. A little more clarity would help.

Heres the other important part: Remove anything that is negative out of your bio. Replace it with either positive alternatives or nothing at all. Sure, you will get requests that you don't want and that is ok. At this point it doesn't sound like people are beating down the door. Better to POLITELY turn down too many requests than to sit around and twiddle your thumbs wishing you had work. Being open to *anyone* contacting you gives you the freedom to choose exactly who you wish to work with. You can't be picky if you have no one to pick through.

On the money issue: Welcome to the world of being an adult. Crying that you don't have money definately doesn't encourage people to give you money, no matter what you do. Believe me, there are tons of people (myself and my boyfriend included) that are struggling to make ends meet. Modeling is one of my resources. I treat it just like another job and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. I have my limits, as should you. However, if you actually want to make money at this then you've got to make it work for you, and that includes being willing to do things that aren't exactly in your flavor, simply because someone is paying you to do so. This doesn't mean that you have to comprimise any of your principles. However, it is important to be sure that those principles aren't comprimising your ability to gain work.

Best of luck, it looks like you're going to need it.

Dec 15 06 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

She provides 3 samples of the type of website she wants to do.

NC17 wrote:
I do believe that it has become highly evident that your attitude is your only hindrence in your ability to gain work.

As someone else has pointed out, your bio reads EXTREMELY negatively.

Here are a few suggestions that might give you a boost:

Your bio is your resume. Would you tell a company that you're hoping to hire you "I aboslutely won't work at a register because the customers are rude!"? I think not!! You're simply going to suck it up and try to get hired and *then* negotiate.

Your bio also reads like a lazy want ad that doesn't really want anything at all. Its hard to tell what your strengths are and where you'd like to go with your modeling career. Sure a website, but what kind? There are a wealth of different kinds of websites out there, everything from hardcore fetish to eye candy type stuff. A little more clarity would help.

Heres the other important part: Remove anything that is negative out of your bio. Replace it with either positive alternatives or nothing at all. Sure, you will get requests that you don't want and that is ok. At this point it doesn't sound like people are beating down the door. Better to POLITELY turn down too many requests than to sit around and twiddle your thumbs wishing you had work. Being open to *anyone* contacting you gives you the freedom to choose exactly who you wish to work with. You can't be picky if you have no one to pick through.

On the money issue: Welcome to the world of being an adult. Crying that you don't have money definately doesn't encourage people to give you money, no matter what you do. Believe me, there are tons of people (myself and my boyfriend included) that are struggling to make ends meet. Modeling is one of my resources. I treat it just like another job and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. I have my limits, as should you. However, if you actually want to make money at this then you've got to make it work for you, and that includes being willing to do things that aren't exactly in your flavor, simply because someone is paying you to do so. This doesn't mean that you have to comprimise any of your principles. However, it is important to be sure that those principles aren't comprimising your ability to gain work.

Best of luck, it looks like you're going to need it.

Dec 15 06 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jay Bowman wrote:

Appalling isn't it?

You want to cough up some greenbacks then I'll shoot whatever you want.  But if you think I'm going to shoot and not charge to do so and not charge usage rights and give away copyright all because you stepped out of yer knickers...

Please...

Meh... i wouldn't call it appalling.  I mean if she can find those willing to do it good for her.  Wouldn't be me.  Or a lot of GREAT shooters that i know.  But if she can find some great shooters to do it then that's REAL good for her.

And there ARE photographers that are good that shoot JUST for the love of shooting and I'm sure they'd sign away  everything since they are shooting JUST for the love of shooting.  But a working professional will more than likely be disgusted at the notion.

Dec 15 06 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Time for objective honesty. You asked. Maybe I misread. I'm not bashing you. I don't know you at all before this thread, and you may be the sweetest person in the world, so forgive me if I sound crass.

Here are some thoughts that came to mind as I looked at your portfolio and read through this thread:

1. you come across as fickle and fussy
2. you keep whining about being broke and lots of other things that are nobody's business. We all have issues to deal with. It's life.
3. there's already an undertone of "f-off, I'm pissed and I want someone to do something for me ... jerk." This is backed up by the music at your myspace (Fuck You, Street Terror)

"I'm a teenager with PMS" -- I seriously don't tolerate that sanctimonious crap from anyone, including myself.

For me, I slide past people who come at me this way before they get close. Life is too complicated already so nobody wants to add more hassles on our list of things that have to be fixed or solved or that add stress and angst to our lives.

Without knowing anything about you, these are perceived symptoms like flashing red lights. The risk factor goes up for possible hassles, changing minds, excuses, negativism, etc., on top of the already hard work of executing good photo shoots and all the hours of work that follows in post processing.

When we already pack our schedules to the bursting point, it's very important to choose the people who come into our lives very carefully. TFP or otherwise.

Posting pictures of yourself like this is another warning signal that you might not be professional enough to set aside valuable time for:

https://i5.pbase.com/o6/94/490594/1/71707404.VaO7RJRn.1174104747_l.jpg

And when you say:

"Who I'd like to meet:
nobody ugly or skanky, or really old. old people pee on themselves"

... that sounds like most photographers out there who could take good pictures of you.

So, what's the point?

First, be yourself.

If that doesn't sell, change to something that does, or do something else.

Opportunities are everywhere around us. Some people can see them, lots of people can't or won't. That's just the way it is.

I don't know what else to say. I'm depressed now. I don't like to talk like this.
I'm sorry.

I feel like I need a shower. I feel ugly and skanky and really old. I may as well pee on myself now.

Dec 15 06 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
I feel like I need a shower. I feel ugly and skanky and really old. I may as well pee on myself now.

LMAO

Dec 15 06 06:21 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

Shanna... another question...

Why would you want to mess up such beautiful breasts?

I don't think it messed them up. I like it.

Dec 15 06 06:24 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
Time for objective honesty. You asked. Maybe I misread. I'm not bashing you. I don't know you at all before this thread, and you may be the sweetest person in the world, so forgive me if I sound crass.

Here are some thoughts that came to mind as I looked at your portfolio and read through this thread:

1. you come across as fickle and fussy
2. you keep whining about being broke and lots of other things that are nobody's business. We all have issues to deal with. It's life.
3. there's already an undertone of "f-off, I'm pissed and I want someone to do something for me ... jerk." This is backed up by the music at your myspace (Fuck You, Street Terror)

For me, I slide past people who come at me this way before they get close. Life is too complicated already so nobody wants to add more hassles on our list of things that have to be fixed or solved or that add stress and angst to our lives.

Without knowing anything about you, these are perceived symptoms like flashing red lights. The risk factor goes up for possible hassles, changing minds, excuses, negativism, etc., on top of the already hard work of executing good photo shoots and all the hours of work that follows in post processing.

When we already pack our schedules to the bursting point, it's very important to choose the people who come into our lives very carefully. TFP or otherwise.

Posting pictures of yourself like this is another warning signal that you might not be professional enough to set aside valuable time for:

https://i5.pbase.com/o6/94/490594/1/71707404.VaO7RJRn.1174104747_l.jpg

And when you say:

"Who I'd like to meet:
nobody ugly or skanky, or really old. old people pee on themselves"

... that sounds like most photographers out there who could take good pictures of you.

So, what's the point?

First, be yourself.

If that doesn't sell, change to something that does, or do something else.

Opportunities are everywhere around us. Some people can see them, lots of people can't or won't. That's just the way it is.

I don't know what else to say. I'm depressed now. I don't like to talk like this.
I'm sorry.

AHEM
um thats my myspace, not my portfolio OBVIOUSLY
and i can put what i want in it, because that isnt a portfolio and im not looking for shoots through myspace.

Dec 15 06 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

OBVIOUSLY

You can do anything you want to do. Me too.
Maybe that's the answer to your original question.

Free Will

Dec 15 06 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

MMPhotography

Chicago, Illinois, US

AHEM
and i can put what i want in it, because that isnt a portfolio and im not looking for shoots through myspace.

Then you shouldnt link to your myspace from your MM account...

Dec 15 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Photographers unlike some models really read models profiles.  I have not
contacted models sometimes based on what I deem negative things or a tone
I feel in their information.  Who needs more drama in their lives?  There was a
past thread where a model made some silly accusations against a photographer
here.  I wondered why he offered to shoot her after reading her past nutty remarks
and her profile.  TFP doesn't mean shoot anyone willing to shed their clothes.
The ideal is to sound upbeat and positive.  I for example would always consider
paying a model and would never say I wouldn't.  You are a very attractive young
women and I'm sure some here might even consider paying for your travel expenses .

The ideal is to sound like someone they might want to work with besides being
pretty, what do you offer?  Being friendly and polite go a long way.

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

AHEM

It's LINKED to your online portfolio where you DO look for shoots.  Hence it is represented to all possible bookers as a place to gain further knowledge of you as a model/person.

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

alright thats cool
i got some stuff to do
yall have fun, i wont be looking in this anymore

Dec 15 06 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

See?

If this was a photo shoot, it would have just gone down the drain.

Dec 15 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Hold on... isn't BCG from TX, too?  Didn't he shoot alt girls and periodically come up with topics that just boggled the mind?

Nevermind, I don't know where I was going with that line of thinking...

(but if you are out there, Criag, I'm on to you, buddy)

Dec 15 06 06:35 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

alright thats cool
i got some stuff to do
yall have fun, i wont be looking in this anymore

well damn

i WAS gonna  call ya - on not listening to CLick
the MASTER!

but  wow

now you have dulled both of our shininess about the world
of 'wanna be Models'

Dec 15 06 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

You are a beautiful lady, but please tell me that drawing all over your chest is not a real tat. If it's real, then I'm afraid you have shot yourself in the knee as far a serious modeling goes.

Dec 15 06 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

She's 5'3"

What type of modeling was she qualified to do that she shot herself in the foot about?

Dec 15 06 06:48 pm Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

Ransom J wrote:
She's 5'3"

What type of modeling was she qualified to do that she shot herself in the foot about?

There's always glamor, commercial, and of course fetish (although I don't think the tat would be a problem w/ the last one).

Dec 15 06 06:58 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

You have to tone up in your stomach area...there are plenty of glamour models in your area that you have to compete with.

You have a cool face and an interesting look...but glamour girls are a dime a dozen..especially for GOOD glamour photographers.

Take some outdoor shots.

Dec 15 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

But the important question is: Will potential clients/paying photographers like it?

I have nothing against tattoos, and some really complement the model's personna/personality.. but something of that size and location will definitelly limit your marketability in a lot of places... not to mention make it very very expensive to pay for the coverup so I won't be looking to shoot with you after that...

I don't think it messed them up. I like it.

Dec 15 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

She has basically just limited her availability to alternative/fetish...

Katy Goldapple wrote:

There's always glamor, commercial, and of course fetish (although I don't think the tat would be a problem w/ the last one).

Dec 15 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Katy Goldapple wrote:

There's glamour and most wouldn't care about the tat.

She's 5'3" and white.  not a lot of commercial work available to her in the first place.  And the tat would HELP fetish work.  So i still don't ee your point.

Dec 15 06 07:04 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

She has basically just limited her availability to alternative/fetish...

well the good thing is i wanna do fetish
another reason, modeling isnt the highlight of my life. im going to school, this is kinda something i really like doing.

Dec 15 06 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Most of the time the photographer already has a concept or  style and you may not fit that concept.

Speaking of Banana, I like Banana Puddin. Yes, she's a MM model. I haven't had any puddin in so long. Let me go and holla at her.

Dec 15 06 07:10 pm Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

Ransom J wrote:

There's glamour and most wouldn't care about the tat.

She's 5'3" and white.  not a lot of commercial work available to her in the first place.  And the tat would HELP fetish work.  So i still don't ee your point.

I was responding to when u said something to the extent of her being 5'3 and wondering what modeling opportunities she had that she shot herself in the foot with. I was just trying to say that shorter models have opportunities too.

Dec 15 06 07:13 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

well the good thing is i wanna do fetish
another reason, modeling isnt the highlight of my life. im going to school, this is kinda just a hobby that i like to do

then why do you want the serious amazing photogs to shoot you? let the serious and amazing models work with them.

not knocking you, but if it's just a hobby- why do you care? shoot your fetish and have fun. come to nyc for that though.

Dec 15 06 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Jay Bowman wrote:

Appalling isn't it?

Please...

Mayhaps she's fishing. Some models do that on her. Fishing for a freebie

Dec 15 06 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Katy Goldapple wrote:

I was responding to when u said something to the extent of her being 5'3 and wondering what modeling opportunities she had that she shot herself in the foot with. I was just trying to say that shorter models have opportunities too.

Agree. There are models on here who aren't tall and have made plenty of progress. But that's not the point here. Her issues is her own. Peeps have pointed out what she is doing, the attitude won't get you far at all. She asked a question, but continues rejecting the answer. Skip it. Either she takes heed or she doesn't.

Dec 15 06 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

there's a zillion cute girls with tattoos.

i could walk up to one of em on the street, hand her my card, and say, "hey, you're a cute girl with tattoos. i'd love to photograph you, it would only take a couple hours, and i'd give you a CD with a couple really great photos of yourself for your time," and i'd have a model.

unless you have something more to offer than all the other cute short girls in the universe, i don't know what to tell you. i don't think fetish modeling is very lucrative, financially, because fetish is going much more mainstream, so there are far more girls who want to get into that scene than there used to be.

my advice would be to do TFP shoots, or pay photographers, get your name out there, and then maybe someday you'll be a big name that people are willing to pay for.

Dec 15 06 07:44 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

This is what our lovely OP had to say about us on another members page :
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=195334

12/15/06 7:34pm
worst thing you can do is post something like that in the forums on the site. no one gives advice or anything, they're all shit hypocrites.
Yeah i as well learned the hard way

What do you call the last 3 pages in this thread? Nevermind. You just wanted people to tell you how hot you were and not hand out actual advice.

Dec 15 06 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Apparently since we didn't stroke her ego, we are hipocrites with no good advice... who knew???!?!

Envy wrote:
This is what our lovely OP had to say about us on another members page :
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=195334

What do you call the last 3 pages in this thread? Nevermind. You just wanted people to tell you how hot you were and not hand out actual advice.

Dec 15 06 07:55 pm Link