Forums > General Industry > Does shooting turn you on?

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

For some reason photoshoots turn me on like crazy. Sometimes I don't really realize it until I'm driving home, but almost always my husband gets mauled when I get home from a shoot. Does this happen with anyone else?

Dec 12 06 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

Glenn Worton

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Many of my boudoir/glamour clients have commented that it does to them -

Dec 12 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

MsChris wrote:
Does shooting turn you on?
For some reason photoshoots turn me on like crazy. Sometimes I don't really realize it until I'm driving home, but almost always my husband gets mauled when I get home from a shoot. Does this happen with anyone else?

Has your husband ever thought about a career as a photographer?.. wink

Dec 12 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

No, but it does explain why your husband sent a mass mailing to every photographer in Illinois begging us to book you.

smile

In all seriousness, maybe a few times, especially when I'm doing one of my erotica projects, but nothing that raised me too far above the base state. Of course, my base state is somewhere between most people's "Feeling pretty good" and "It's my honeymoon" states.

M

Dec 12 06 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

RnL Photography

Cocoa, Florida, US

When I am shooting I am focused on what I am doing. When done with the shoot,
                                                          YES!

Dec 12 06 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

RnL Photography

Cocoa, Florida, US

yes

Dec 12 06 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

MsChris wrote:

Not that I know off... I must be a  boring person to shoot with. sad

Dec 12 06 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

I guess your husband's favorite words are " Honey I have a shoot today!" I find I am too busy worrying about details most of the time. Most of the time

Dec 12 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

MsChris wrote:

At the best Photography supply store , we buy a Penis sack.

Drop the Gonzo in there, and it prevents any erections for occuring.

Dec 12 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

RAW-R IMAGE

Los Angeles, California, US

MsChris wrote:

Understandalbe--photography can be a emotionally stimulating experience and sometimes being about beauty it can be a great source of affirmation that extends beyond the set of the photograph. I had a model tell me that being on set was Orgasmic!!

Dec 12 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

I'm wierd.  Photographing a nude, or nearly nude woman really doesn't excite me.  I'm much more likely to be turned on by seeing a woman do something i rarely see.  Like washing my car, cooking me dinner or trying to fix a leaky faucet.

Dec 12 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

MMPhotography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Not particularly... I dont see why taking photos would turn someone on... but I guess thats just me...

Dec 12 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Saylor

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

Not while i'm shooting...but after when i look at some of the photos...yes smile

Dec 12 06 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

UdoR wrote:

Hey buddy, we having donuts again for dinner?  You buy, I'll fly.

bt

Dec 12 06 07:31 pm Link

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

Yeah, hubby loves the days I have shoots! smile
And usually I am focused while we are shooting, it's just during breaks and afterwards when I have time to reflect that I notice I need to get home and quick!
Sometimes the photographer is incredibly sexy and concentration is a little harder to come by on those shoots. I find it hard to believe that any red blooded male photographer isn't turned on at all by shooting nude or scantily clad young women.

Dec 12 06 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:

Bruce Talbot wrote:
Hey buddy, we having donuts again for dinner?  You buy, I'll fly.

bt

LOL

Actually, I am having an orgasm with every bite into my selfmade pita pizza right now.

It's by far the best pizza I had in a long time!!!

Found this awsome pita bread by Kontos http://www.flatbread.com/ in a local store after trying different brands.

Spreading regular marinara sauce with a soupspoon around until the flatbread is covered except for a small portion of the rim.

Adding fresh basil leaves, torn and covering the pizza, followed by a layer of fresh cut button mushrooms.

Then, slicing a fresh mozzarella ball in thin slices and covering it.

Toaster oven (turbo setting... or whatever you have) for about 6 min to 6:30 minutes.

That is soo friggin' awsome... I may just go for my third mini pie... it's that good! smile

Dec 12 06 08:19 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

no.  they make my feet hurt.  and i get sleepy.  so all in all, minus wearing the cute lingerie thing; i'm a bore when I get back.

Dec 12 06 08:25 pm Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

Iv seen some of the men I worked with get woodys

Dec 12 06 08:26 pm Link

Model

Sinistra626

Tampa, Florida, US

Cecil Sharps wrote:
I'm wierd.  Photographing a nude, or nearly nude woman really doesn't excite me.  I'm much more likely to be turned on by seeing a woman do something i rarely see.  Like washing my car, cooking me dinner or trying to fix a leaky faucet.

cute : 0 )

Dec 12 06 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Dee EN

Cecil Sharps wrote:

Too Funny!  Though commenting on the OP, shooting to get the perfect image does turn me on.  It may not be the physical attraction of the model, but the notion that the session may turn out a good result.

Dec 12 06 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

As a photographer: no...shoots are so physically strenuous - it's like a work-out with a personal trainer from hell.

And most of my models are within the 17-20 range...and being 28, that's way TOO GROSS to even think of them in that regard...as they are like a little sister/brother.

Dec 12 06 08:30 pm Link

Model

Vixen Intoxia

Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

UdoR wrote:

Hun you have a pm.

Vixen.

Dec 12 06 08:31 pm Link

Model

BigC

Kissimmee, Florida, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:

Ha, ha, hah,hah! No wonder so many guys only shoot women! (Or so I'm told, guess everyone deserves a thrill, huh?) Now that's funny!

P.S. I think it's woodies (plural) anyway, you are a hot girl, they probly can't help it!?

Dec 12 06 08:32 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

yep!

Dec 12 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Active Lifestyle Photo

Laguna Niguel, California, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:

*Note to self... wear pants next time.*

Dec 12 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:

would you rather they not have a woody? what does it say about you? wink

Dec 12 06 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Diable

Fairfax, Virginia, US

Yes!, but not when doing fashion/glamour/nude/posed shoots.. when doing photojournalism. 

It's a thrilling turn-on to dodge the bullet, side-step the flames, or dive out of the path of the falling building or speeding truck while clicking the shutter and 'knowing' you've got an image that no one else in the world could capture.

Dec 12 06 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Edge Images

Thousand Oaks, California, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:

I'll bet...

Dec 12 06 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

nope i don't have that problem

Dec 12 06 08:39 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

I think the reason models may get turned on is because photogs are good at making a model feel sexy, not that they are particularly attracted to the photog but feeling sexy is a key component in feeling turned on. Also I think there is just a burst of energy given after doing something you love.
I always get especially turned on after being around huge groups of people, because I am an extravert and it gives me a burst of almost manic energy. I also get turned on going to concerts but that's just because playing an instrument is the sexiest thing anyone can do in my opinion.

Dec 12 06 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Perfect Pixels

Richfield, Minnesota, US

ModelInstinctive wrote:
As a photographer: no...shoots are so physically strenuous - it's like a work-out with a personal trainer from hell.

My thought exactly.  I am wiped out after a shoot and much too busy to be distracted by anything other than the shoot.

Dec 12 06 08:40 pm Link

Model

e-string

little apple blossom wrote:
I think the reason models may get turned on is because photogs are good at making a model feel sexy, not that they are particularly attracted to the photog but feeling sexy is a key component in feeling turned on. Also I think there is just a burst of energy given after doing something you love.
I always get especially turned on after being around huge groups of people, because I am an extravert and it gives me a burst of almost manic energy. I also get turned on going to concerts but that's just because playing an instrument is the sexiest thing anyone can do in my opinion.

For me, it's not always that the photographer made me feel sexy. It's that photo shoots themselves can literally be a turn-on for me. I have that much passion for what I do. lol

Dec 12 06 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

Edge Images

e-string wrote:

For me, it's not always that the photographer made me feel sexy. It's that photo shoots themselves can literally be a turn-on for me. I have that much passion for what I do. lol

Hey E-String, do you get some sort of prize for your 3,900th post?

Dec 12 06 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

yes, because creative/artistic intimacy is more passionate (to me) than any other kind

Dec 12 06 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Edge Images

MsChris wrote:

I've been trying to find couples to shoot with lately.  I just shot with one couple & they were very into each other, it seemed like they were turned on.  Their passion came across in the images, I think.

Dec 12 06 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

there is a related thread going on right now:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=97914

funny. big_smile

Dec 12 06 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Dennis Tortora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Sure you can feel a bit turned on.   But what I hate is a model, and I had only one do it.   She just kept asking me if I was turned on...and after a while, it was just a bother, and not hot at all. 

And Amanda, nice work, and congrats on a great step in your other battles.

Dec 12 06 08:50 pm Link

Model

e-string

Edge Images wrote:

Hey E-String, do you get some sort of prize for your 3,900th post?

Not unless you want to send me a new pair of shoes big_smile

Dec 12 06 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

MsChris wrote:

What aspect of the photoshoot(s) do you think turns you on? just curious...

Dec 12 06 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Dec 12 06 09:10 pm Link