Forums > General Industry > Does shooting turn you on?

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:
Iv seen some of the men I worked with get woodys

LOL! I've seen this a lot too! Funny stuff!

Dec 12 06 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

GianCarlo Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

That's the perv in us. Anyone shooting sexy, glamour or nude, be it the model or photographer is doing it for a reason. It's a way of channeling sexual impulse in what we believe is a more socially acceptable manner. The turn on is simply a form of exhibition and, the exhibisionist in you is causing the turn on. Even us photogs are getting turned on. Even in all the hide your boob and snatch shots we all really wish we could shoot the spread shot; come on admit it, we may say no spread but we wish we could, we wish we had the guts. Psych 101.

Dec 12 06 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

Sacramento, California, US

I'm not going to even lie... it does turn me on. A LOT !

Dec 12 06 09:14 pm Link

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

Leo Chan wrote:

would you rather they not have a woody? what does it say about you? wink

Good point!

Dec 12 06 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

I'll have to admit that a photo shoot really gets me going also.  It doesn't have to be a sexy or erotic shoot either.  Just creating the images is such a charge!

So that's a big YES from me.

Dec 12 06 09:15 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

carlo Di Paolo wrote:
That's the perv in us. Anyone shooting sexy, glamour or nude, be it the model or photographer is doing it for a reason. It's a way of channeling sexual impulse in what we believe is a more socially acceptable manner. The turn on is simply a form of exhibition and, the exhibisionist in you is causing the turn on. Even us photogs are getting turned on. Even in all the hide your boob and snatch shots we all really wish we could shoot the spread shot; come on admit it, we may say no spread but we wish we could, we wish we had the guts. Psych 101.

ugh, a neo fruedian smile

Dec 12 06 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

GianCarlo Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

little apple blossom wrote:
ugh, a neo fruedian smile

Come on, be honest, you want to show yourself, as far as you dare.
Who can handel the truth?

Dec 12 06 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

carlo Di Paolo wrote:

Sounds like you need to shoot more or get out more. I don't think I've ever gotten turned on even when I'm shooting three or four women in a hot tub grouping each other.

The photos come first.

Dec 12 06 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:
Iv seen some of the men I worked with get woodys

Wearing underwear helps keep the wood in check.

Photographer

IllusionDigital

San Francisco, California, US

MsChris wrote:
For some reason photoshoots turn me on like crazy. Sometimes I don't really realize it until I'm driving home, but almost always my husband gets mauled when I get home from a shoot. Does this happen with anyone else?

I am just going to guess, but have you received more emails since posting this topic?

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

StudioMona wrote:

What aspect of the photoshoot(s) do you think turns you on? just curious...

I don't know. Probably posing sexy, all  the attention, the fact that I am usually extremely shy and covered up in my day to day life. When I'm shooting I have an excuse to act like a totally extroverted carefree person. Liberating, I guess.

Dec 12 06 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

lightsandshadow wrote:

**Scribbles notes**

Dec 12 06 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

lightsandshadow wrote:

**Scribbles notes**

hahaha smile

Dec 12 06 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

GianCarlo Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

Sounds like you need to shoot more or get out more. I don't think I've ever gotten turned on even when I'm shooting three or four women in a hot tub grouping each other.

The photos come first.

The reason you choose to do it, instead of baby photography or wedding. The reason you do it, that says it. If you can't get a woody it's another matter.

Dec 12 06 09:24 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

carlo Di Paolo wrote:

Come on, be honest, you want to show yourself, as far as you dare.
Who can handel the truth?

I think what you wrote is true for some people. Every psychological theory though applies to some not all people. I just think it's funny. I actually don't think frued was a psycho but most members of the modern psychological community tend to frown on his theories because they are not backed up by any form of scientific testing so I was just displaying that point of veiw for my own amusment. Sorry smile

Dec 12 06 09:26 pm Link

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

IllusionDigital wrote:

I am just going to guess, but have you received more emails since posting this topic?

Suprisingly, No!

Dec 12 06 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MsChris wrote:

Suprisingly, No!

***clicks submit message**

Dec 12 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

IllusionDigital

MsChris wrote:

Suprisingly, No!

I am amazed

Dec 12 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Craig Thomson wrote:

The photos come first.

carlo Di Paolo wrote:
The reason you choose to do it, instead of baby photography or wedding. The reason you do it, that says it. If you can't get a woody it's another matter.

When I'm shooting photos, I'm shooting photos.

Dec 12 06 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Any photographer who gets a 'woodie' while shooting, even while shooting a nude, simply is not working hard enough. After a long acreer in photography I'm now shooting nudes just about exclusively and can say that after a three hour shoot I'm emotionally drained and physically exhausted. Most of the ladies I shoot with are not models at all, but are women of all ages and who come from all walks of life who contacted me after sweeing my work and wanted to pose. 

So what do you say to a lady, a non model, who comments five times during the last half of  three hour shoot, "I'm so wet" and  "I can't believe how wet I am"? For what it's worth, the more experience a model has, the less likely that is to happen. I hate to break it for some here, but it has nothing to do with the photographer. I'm a 68 year old, old fart with a belly and not all that 'cute'. Would what you 'do" change if you knew she was a married police officer? Instead it has to do with music playing, the lights flashing,  being the center of attention and feeling like a movie star.  Many have made comments after the shoot that "I felt sexy" or "I felt like a movie star".

It isn't the photographer, it's the situation!

Dec 12 06 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon, France

MsChris wrote:

Suprisingly, No!

OP PM ;-)

Dec 12 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

GianCarlo Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

little apple blossom wrote:

I think what you wrote is true for some people. Every psychological theory though applies to some not all people. I just think it's funny. I actually don't think frued was a psycho but most members of the modern psychological community tend to frown on his theories because they are not backed up by any form of scientific testing so I was just displaying that point of veiw for my own amusment. Sorry smile

No need to be sorry about anything. Some of Frued's stuff seems way far out and far fetched but some is quite relevent even today. This connection is really not far off although needing attention for other reasons is also relevent, but one can do that through other means, sexy pictures is what I'm talking about; why we do it.
I'm going over to my girlfriends house for sex now; have a good night dear.

Dec 12 06 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Doug Lester wrote:
Any photographer who gets a 'woodie' while shooting, even while shooting a nude, simply is not working hard enough. After a long acreer in photography I'm now shooting nudes just about exclusively and can say that after a three hour shoot I'm emotionally drained and physically exhausted. Most of the ladies I shoot with are not models at all, but are women of all ages and who come from all walks of life who contacted me after sweeing my work and wanted to pose. 

So what do you say to a lady, a non model, who comments five times during the last half of  three hour shoot, "I'm so wet" and  "I can't believe how wet I am"? For what it's worth, the more experience a model has, the less likely that is to happen. I hate to break it for some here, but it has nothing to do with the photographer. I'm a 68 year old, old fart with a belly and not all that 'cute'. Would what you 'do" change if you knew she was a married police officer? Instead it has to do with music playing, the lights flashing,  being the center of attention and feeling like a movie star.  Many have made comments after the shoot that "I felt sexy" or "I felt like a movie star".

Very well said Doug.

Dec 12 06 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

I have heard that it does from two people and have experienced a definite 'yes' from one.

Dec 12 06 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

RnL Photography

Cocoa, Florida, US

Doug Lester wrote:

And your point is? ya your right to a point. It's not during the shoot it's after part release of tension, part excitement of what you just created. that is on my end. I am not a model so I cant say about them. haven't heard from any male models.

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

Cecil Sharps wrote:
I'm wierd.  Photographing a nude, or nearly nude woman really doesn't excite me.  I'm much more likely to be turned on by seeing a woman do something i rarely see.  Like washing my car, cooking me dinner or trying to fix a leaky faucet.

Maybe i've been to much of a smart ass in other threads, but i think since i was being serious this deserves a little more explanation.

I can photograph a nude woman  several times, doing several things.  It doesn't excite me.  I've shot on and off for over 10 years.   I've been a bartender at a nudie bar.
Seeing a woman jiggle, or pose nude just doesn't do it for me.

Again i'm wierd. 

Seeing a woman in the kitchen.  Oh my!!

Photographer

StephanieLM

Mia Salen wrote:
no.  they make my feet hurt.  and i get sleepy.  so all in all, minus wearing the cute lingerie thing; i'm a bore when I get back.

That without the cute lingerie

Dec 12 06 09:38 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

carlo Di Paolo wrote:

No need to be sorry about anything. Some of Frued's stuff seems way far out and far fetched but some is quite relevent even today. This connection is really not far off although needing attention for other reasons is also relevent, but one can do that through other means, sexy pictures is what I'm talking about; why we do it.
I'm going over to my girlfriends house for sex now; have a good night dear.

have fun smile

Dec 12 06 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

Southern Satori

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Not usually while I'm shooting - but later when I'm deep in Photoshop - YEP...

Dec 12 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Doug Lester wrote:
Any photographer who gets a 'woodie' while shooting, even while shooting a nude, simply is not working hard enough. After a long acreer in photography I'm now shooting nudes just about exclusively and can say that after a three hour shoot I'm emotionally drained and physically exhausted.

Despite my comment above, while I'm a lot younger than you tongue I don't know that I've ever gotten significantly aroused (enough to notice through tight pants, assuming I wore 'em, which I don't) *during* a shoot. After, yes, which was the question I was answering.

M

Dec 12 06 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

lawsonpix

Havre de Grace, Maryland, US

this is the best thread i'v seen.... and started by a model too.... an honest model who just comes right out and says it "i get turned on!"  hahaha... has anyone read the love affair thread?? it's similar but with an attempt at being "mature" or more "politically correct"

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?threa … 914&page=1

Dec 12 06 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

lawsonpix

Havre de Grace, Maryland, US

Chris Gray Photography wrote:
Not usually while I'm shooting - but later when I'm deep in Photoshop - YEP...

LOVE IT!!!!

Dec 12 06 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

lightsandshadow wrote:

Them or you? ;-)

For me, only once for a minute or two early on in the shoot. After that i was too preoccupied with technical details.

Since then? No, the brain is making too vigorous a demand on the blood supply.  I have noticed the often obvious physical signs of arousal on many of the nude models I've worked with. If they take pleasure in their craft, the shoot is going well, and they're not totally jaded, it can and does happen.

Dec 12 06 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

MF productions

San Jose, California, US

depends on model , type of shots i get .

Dec 12 06 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Searust

Austin, Texas, US

It has happened, mainly before shooting, but usually I get very depressed after a shoot, thinking of all the things that may have gone wrong.

When shooting I am usually preoccupied getting things working.

I think the only times it happens are when I am staring into a models eyes for a long time through the lens.

Dec 12 06 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

DezLand Studios

San Antonio, Florida, US

Ive been asked this question before..its funny that I saw this post.

I dont get turned on by the physical objects, the ideas yes..some of the content that I shoot for commission, where the buyer tells me to go crazy on, I dive deep into imagination and Im turned on by the fact that darkness has its beauty, then while im shooting it...watching it come to life and actually move and progress, its euphoria.
It may sound silly but thats the way im turned on by it. My husband loves it..lol. By then its time to go home and get the leather out..wink

Dec 12 06 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Doug Lester wrote:
After a long acreer in photography I'm now shooting nudes just about exclusively and can say that after a three hour shoot I'm emotionally drained and physically exhausted.

I think its spelled "acher" not "acreer" so you had a long acher.  Now that I think about it you probably meant career.  Never mind.

Dec 12 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Jason P Hunt

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I've had a couple of shoots with models who were nude, one video and the other still. During the shoot, I never noticed. I was professional, doing a job for a client. There were a few times that I would look at her and it would hit me, "This girl is naked and gorgeous!" but then I'm back to work. No effect at all.

Now, during post-production, when it's just me and the images, it's a bit harder to concentrate, but I'm still just doing a job for a client, so my attention is focused on the image in a critical way.

I must be an odd man...

Dec 12 06 10:44 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

This thread is sophmoric at best.  Anyone that "gets a woody" *snicker* and goes online to describe it...is frankly trolling for models/chicks that want to play with him after school.  Otherwise, what is the point?  Self serving.

Dec 12 06 10:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Well, you sound like a pro that's focused on your work.  At least to me.  smile

Jason P Hunt wrote:
I've had a couple of shoots with models who were nude, one video and the other still. During the shoot, I never noticed. I was professional, doing a job for a client. There were a few times that I would look at her and it would hit me, "This girl is naked and gorgeous!" but then I'm back to work. No effect at all.

Now, during post-production, when it's just me and the images, it's a bit harder to concentrate, but I'm still just doing a job for a client, so my attention is focused on the image in a critical way.

I must be an odd man...

Dec 12 06 10:46 pm Link