Forums > General Industry > Does shooting turn you on?

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

Mia Salen wrote:

Photographers in many cases are the employers.  I see that dynamic as the one being employed.  Having your employer know that whatever it is you're hired to do makes you arroused is just...not professional in my opinion.  It would be different if you just hit it off, but in this case, the model is advertising that fact.  It's out there already, it's a very intriguing notion that an attractive woman may be arroused right there in front of you.
I've worked with photographers that are currently dating models they met on a shoot, and I have no problem with that at all.  It's a different dynamic. They just hit it off. He didn't have that preconceived notion that she may get arroused by the job. 
That's my only gripe.

I agree, photographers getting off on naked models is unprofessional. The other way around is unprofessional too. I'm not just a piece of meat behind a camera.

Dec 13 06 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

Dang it!

Dec 13 06 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

Fotticelli wrote:

I agree, photographers getting off on naked models is unprofessional. The other way around is unprofessional too. I'm not just a piece of meat behind a camera.

God I wish more women would treat me like a piece of meat

Dec 13 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

Jonathan Cain

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

when i first started shotoing i wasnt comfortable with nudes because iw as worried id become arroused or id say something unprofesional or something like that but once i started working and I shot some nudes i realized that usually its just work and it doesnt affect me in the slightest... now granted when youre working and the chemistry is going  good and/ or the model is a flirt it can become a different story but in that type of situation i try to remain profesional and thank God I wear baggy pants:)

Dec 13 06 11:24 pm Link

Model

ak68

Bossier City, Louisiana, US

Jonathan Cain wrote:
when i first started shotoing i wasnt comfortable with nudes because iw as worried id become arroused or id say something unprofesional or something like that but once i started working and I shot some nudes i realized that usually its just work and it doesnt affect me in the slightest... now granted when youre working and the chemistry is going  good and/ or the model is a flirt it can become a different story but in that type of situation i try to remain profesional and thank God I wear baggy pants:)

LOL Jonathan!!!!

Dec 13 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Cecil Sharps wrote:
I'm wierd.  Photographing a nude, or nearly nude woman really doesn't excite me.  I'm much more likely to be turned on by seeing a woman do something i rarely see.  Like washing my car, cooking me dinner or trying to fix a leaky faucet.

Dude, you really are rather strange.  Or just dishonest...

Dec 13 06 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

KM von Seidl wrote:

Dear Penthouse,  I was on MM forums the other day and increasingly have been getting confused as to whether I was on a model/photgraphy site or an online Penthouse forum....

If you find this thread so offensive, why did you read through five pages of it??

Dec 14 06 12:13 am Link

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

FemmeArt wrote:

If you find this thread so offensive, why did you read through five pages of it??

This is a good question! I wondered that myself. smile

Dec 14 06 12:33 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

MsChris wrote:
For some reason photoshoots turn me on like crazy. Sometimes I don't really realize it until I'm driving home, but almost always my husband gets mauled when I get home from a shoot. Does this happen with anyone else?

She's married?!  Darn!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 14 06 03:50 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Fotticelli wrote:

Good for you.  I, on the other had, AM just a piece of meat behind the camera.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 14 06 03:51 am Link

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

JAY carreon wrote:

Good for you.  I, on the other had, AM just a piece of meat behind the camera.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

LOL!

Dec 14 06 03:30 pm Link

Model

Aimee29

Russellville, Alabama, US

little apple blossom wrote:
I think the reason models may get turned on is because photogs are good at making a model feel sexy, not that they are particularly attracted to the photog but feeling sexy is a key component in feeling turned on. Also I think there is just a burst of energy given after doing something you love.
I always get especially turned on after being around huge groups of people, because I am an extravert and it gives me a burst of almost manic energy. I also get turned on going to concerts but that's just because playing an instrument is the sexiest thing anyone can do in my opinion.

I totally agree with you...in both aspects. I come alive in huge groups of people. It's weird, I am almost shy one-on-one but a maniac in a group. and instruments.....oh yeah, baby!!  very sexy!!!!

Dec 14 06 06:16 pm Link

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

Anyone else, have any input?

Dec 14 06 11:51 pm Link

Photographer

Jason P Hunt

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Face Arts wrote:
Well, you sound like a pro that's focused on your work.  At least to me.  smile

Face, thanks! I try to be as professional as possible, especially when I approach someone new in the greeting card aisle. Never want them to think I just want to see them naked. Always lead with your business card, and keep your eye in the camera when you shoot (or video monitor, as the case may be).

Dec 16 06 12:39 pm Link

Model

LanaV

Let us say my husband is always happy when I return from a photo shoot ;-)

Dec 16 06 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

MsChris wrote:
For some reason photoshoots turn me on like crazy. Sometimes I don't really realize it until I'm driving home, but almost always my husband gets mauled when I get home from a shoot. Does this happen with anyone else?

It just goes to show there is hope in this world. As a photographer, all I got when I used to come home after a shoot was, "so...was that skinny bitch prettier than me?"

Needless to say...I'm divorced lol.

Dec 16 06 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

lawsonpix

Havre de Grace, Maryland, US

this thread has been resurrected... AWESOME!!  LOL!!!

Dec 16 06 04:34 pm Link

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

lawsonpix wrote:
this thread has been resurrected... AWESOME!!  LOL!!!

I know! I thought is was dead for sure. Keep it comin folks!

Dec 16 06 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

Sacramento, California, US

I ain't gonna lie. If a girl is naked in front of me...  SCHWING!!!!

Dec 16 06 11:06 pm Link

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

Huynh Photography wrote:
I ain't gonna lie. If a girl is naked in front of me...  SCHWING!!!!

Hey, it happens! Don't know why some people are ashamed to admit it. smile

Dec 17 06 12:19 am Link

Model

Nekkid Girl

Chicago, Illinois, US

Oh no! Are we really going to let this thread die?! sad Ahhh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Dec 18 06 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Hey, many models and photographers get turned on while shooting sexy images.  It happens and there is nothing wrong with it. 

The mere fact that a model gets wet/hard during a shoot does not make him/her dirty or whore.  Likewise, the mere fact that a photographer gets wet/hard during a shoot does not make him/her dirty or a whore or a creep.

Geez...Americans can be so uptight...

Dec 18 06 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

yep

Dec 19 06 03:44 am Link

Model

Rolene

Boca Raton, Florida, US

I definitely get very turned on during a shoot!!!!

Dec 19 06 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

Sacramento, California, US

when you took a great picture, the process is very very orgasmic. your knees just buckled.

Dec 19 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

afterdarc studios

San Diego, California, US

haha at the subject

u just don't know how many models i've had say... "i'm so horny right now", just right after shooting a set

i've learned to keep my composure *smirk*

i'm such a professional lolz

Dec 19 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Somewhere in Time Studi

Winter Haven, Florida, US

Frog516 wrote:

God I wish more women would treat me like a piece of meat

It's not easy Frog! I mean, I am a person, not just some piece of gorgeous hunk of well hung meat, ya know!

.......oh shaddap! I can dream!

Dec 19 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

FemmeArt wrote:
Dude, you really are rather strange.  Or just dishonest...

I can see a woman jiggle all the time doesn't do much for me.  Put one in the kitchen baking me a pie oh my.

Dec 19 06 09:49 pm Link