Forums > General Industry > They don't shoot with BLACK photographers???

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

WTF is wrong with some of these white llamas?? You dumb asses.. I experienced just a small wiff of this type of prejudice over the weekend.. Anyone else care to share their thoughts???

Nov 28 06 08:39 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Those types also very rarely make GREEN money, so it all evens out.

Nov 28 06 08:43 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Pfft.
If you are paying me for a shoot I dont care if you shag tramps are green with flaking scales and have leperosy.
As long as its within my levels, I dont care..

Yeah I am that mercenary *shrugs*

Nov 28 06 08:44 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
WTF is wrong with some of these white llamas?? You dumb asses.. I experienced just a small wiff of this type of prejudice over the weekend.. Anyone else care to share their thoughts???

We are not all that way , some of us even have soul smile

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:

Are you freakin kidding me? A llama actually refused a shot because you are black?

Model

Nala Mills

Chicago, Illinois, US

Same here for black llamas. Not all are like that. You'll find some llamas that would be fine with it. Don't lose focus. It's thier loss. And I like you port.

Nov 28 06 08:45 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Frog516 wrote:
Are you freakin kidding me? A llama actually refused a shot because you are black?

FROG.. this shit is in-fucking-sane!!!!

Nov 28 06 08:47 am Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

I can only say WOW. If she is from MM I would make sure you tell all the photogs in the area what a dumb biotch she is.

Edit* Can you go into detail on how this came about? Did you set up a shoot and she came in saw you were black, and then said I can't do this?

Nov 28 06 08:49 am Link

Photographer

StratMan

Detroit, Michigan, US

I can understand if it is a difference of "style" but not race, if so.. out em, I'd like to know who they are.

We'd like to think it's about "quality" of work, but often it isn't.

Nov 28 06 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Stacy Leigh

New York, New York, US

I am disgusted at the idea that somebody would be like that...I am also saddened by it. Please don't let it get to you...some people are friggin' crazy. You should post her MM# so she can be humiliated.

Stacy Leigh

Nov 28 06 08:52 am Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

what happened this wknd ???  details...names  are they on MM?

Nov 28 06 08:56 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:

actually, they have a right to be a stupid as they want..
in dec 1962 my dad took us to florida for a vacation, we saw drinking fountains that were marked 'colored' and 'white', i never thought things would be as good as they are today this soon..

Nov 28 06 08:57 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

Nov 28 06 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:

yeap, but I'm not going to repeat it anymore. It's not worth it, but you're not alone.

Nov 28 06 09:00 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

CareLyn Anita wrote:

We are not all that way , some of us even have soul smile

Is that James Brown's daughter?

Nov 28 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Legacys 7 wrote:

yeap, but I'm not going to repeat it anymore. It's not worth it, but you're not alone.

Exactly, i think it's happened to almost all of us at least once.

Nov 28 06 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

who is it?  I am black photog.  relatively close to you so pls tell more???   great poprt by the way!!!

-troy

Nov 28 06 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Its happened to me several times.  Including twice here.

Nov 28 06 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Frog516 wrote:

Surprised? Happen to me twice on here. And one MM photographer sometime back, had a MM llama who spoke with a MM llama on the phone for a month about their project. He primarily shoots nude, she put down a creditcard deposit via phone. When it was finally time to shoot, she goes over to his house and replies...Oh my god! I didn't know that you are black....And she took off. Talk about some funny stuff. And yet, sad. Her lost and lost of money.

Nov 28 06 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Tony Sharp Chicago

Chicago, Illinois, US

Frog516 wrote:

I've had this happen to me about 3 times over the last 6 years. Its very annoying, to say the least. lol. But I know not all people are stupid, simple minded, racists, so I just let it wash off me.

Nov 28 06 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

lotusphoto wrote:
actually, they have a right to be a stupid as they want..
in dec 1962 my dad took us to florida for a vacation, we saw drinking fountains that were marked 'colored' and 'white', i never thought things would be as good as they are today this soon..

Stop making excuses for people, by bringing in the past because it's irrelevant, no matter how much has changed, somethings still remain. That statement is just as bad as the llama's action

Nov 28 06 09:10 am Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

I am really sorry to hear this. It really amazes, and angers me, and I am white.

Nov 28 06 09:12 am Link

Photographer

Visions Of Paradise

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Yea a story like that here well look at the news more african americans get into trouble than whites and that's according to the news so they are just afraid they do that to mexican photographers as well it's sad really.

Nov 28 06 09:15 am Link

Photographer

Foolio7714

Maybe their should be a checkbox saying what kind of photog they can work with.  Right next to their height and weight.  5'7, 135lbs, white photographers only.

Nov 28 06 09:16 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

It's just strange because I wouldn't even consider myself to be the "ipitamy" of an "intimidating" black man.. lol.. the shit is really out of control..  but, in Philadelphia some of who I consider to be the better photographers are black, and not because I hang with a "black" crowd.. I see and admire the work first, then later on find out the race of the photographer, which is totally irrelevant...

Nov 28 06 09:18 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I'm curious how you could positively attribute that it was because of your race? I'm skeptical that a llama would state outright that she didn't want to shoot with you because you were black. And I can't imagine a situation where she would show up, determine you were black, and cancel the shoot on the spot. I had a shoot scheduled with a black female llama and she was a no-show. It never occurred to me that it was because I was white.

And since we've all had llamas cancel for ludicrous reasons (or none at all), I'm definitely curious how you could tell? Or perhaps I'm just that naive.

Nov 28 06 09:18 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Ransom J wrote:
Exactly, i think it's happened to almost all of us at least once.

yeah. twice to me on here. I was more pissed off at the fact that the llama and I had talked and met days in advanced, I drove my ass all the way down to her area. 1 hour from mne, meet her and even showed her my contract, discuss a little about myself and my vision. All of a sudden, she got weird on me after hour intial meeting. That shoot day, we talk, she's on her way. Well...you know the rest..I  was already expecting it and wasn't surprised that it happen because she had already gave me advance warning. I was more pissed off that I had got up 5 a.m. went down to the location only to have her do this. Damn, I said that I wasn't going to talk about it. Oh well.

Nov 28 06 09:19 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Axlf wrote:
Yea a story like that here well look at the news more african americans get into trouble than whites and that's according to the news so they are just afraid they do that to mexican photographers as well it's sad really.

AXLF.. what the FUCK are you talking about?? I personally think crime, when committed by people of color, any color; other than white, is commited, it is sometimes blown out of perspective, but I'm kind of okay with that, maybe because I've been trained to expect nothing more from the media..

Nov 28 06 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

Legacys 7 wrote:
Stop making excuses for people, by bringing in the past because it's irrelevant, no matter how much has changed, somethings still remain. That statement is just as bad as the llama's action

the civil rights movement is one of the most amazing events in history, maybe the best, it turned around 10's of thousands of years of oppression, there has been slavery forever, and in every culture.. looking at the movement in it's historical context is important..

there are still major problems to be worked on, but if your neck of the woods is repressed llamas, then you are doing okay...

Nov 28 06 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Axlf wrote:

Well if they are basing it off of statistics then they should be scared of white photographers more because  statistically white middle age men are the most likely to be serial killers.

But we all know how ridiculus THAT argument is....

Nov 28 06 09:22 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
I'm curious how you could positively attribute that it was because of your race? I'm skeptical that a llama would state outright that she didn't want to shoot with you because you were black. And I can't imagine a situation where she would show up, determine you were black, and cancel the shoot on the spot. I had a shoot scheduled with a black female llama and she was a no-show. It never occurred to me that it was because I was white.

And since we've all had llamas cancel for ludicrous reasons (or none at all), I'm definitely curious how you could tell? Or perhaps I'm just that naive.

Michael.. wake up and smell the coffee... it's not that hard to slip up, OR just outright say shit that you really feel without thinking about the consequences that may follow.. KRAMER is a prime example of this..

Nov 28 06 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
It's just strange because I wouldn't even consider myself to be the "ipitamy" of an "intimidating" black man.. lol.. the shit is really out of control..  but, in Philadelphia some of who I consider to be the better photographers are black, and not because I hang with a "black" crowd.. I see and admire the work first, then later on find out the race of the photographer, which is totally irrelevant...

Funny. Speaking of irrelevant, many llamas who never see your face will jump all over your port aka jock it, want to shoot but never have a clue that you are black. Trust me, some will let you know that they are surprised that you are. You'll know by their actions.

Nov 28 06 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

Axlf wrote:

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
AXLF.. what the FUCK are you talking about?? I personally think crime, when committed by people of color, any color; other than white, is commited, it is sometimes blown out of perspective, but I'm kind of okay with that, maybe because I've been trained to expect nothing more from the media..

if you look at the news, that's what you see, ie:dwb, driving while black, 30% of all black men in the usa are in the system, probation or in-house, is it wrong? of course it's wrong, does it create an impression? yes

Nov 28 06 09:30 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

Legacys 7 wrote:
Is that James Brown's daughter?

yup...... get on the scene... wi the sex machine....

and i got a little funk too... smile

whoever that llama was shes obviously pretty ignorant and it will bite her alibaster a$$ in the long run.... ignorance always catches up with it's owner ....

Nov 28 06 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

lotusphoto wrote:
the civil rights movement is one of the most amazing events in history, maybe the best, it turned around 10's of thousands of years of oppression, there has been slavery forever, and in every culture.. looking at the movement in it's historical context is important..

there are still major problems to be worked on, but if your neck of the woods is repressed llamas, then you are doing okay...

some food for thought here. I told a female photographer on here this one too. When you cleanup yoiur house and get rid of trash, you don't sweep it up under the rug, you complete the job by taking the trash out to the garbage.

Some people like to sweep trash up under the rug, because they are lazy and don't want to be bothered with the reality that the trash is there and it has to be taken care of. What do they do? The bury it under the rug, pretending that it's gone, knowing full well that it's still there and just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Eventually you have to clean house. Ignoring it just makes your house worst.

Doing ok in my neck of the woods is like me being healthy on one part of my body but  one of my hands is bleeding to death. Do I ingnore that part of my body just because the rest of me is ok?

Nov 28 06 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

I think we should have threads for flakes and racist llamas that don't show or walk out due to discrimination..  I hate to say it but if we list them we will save time for eachother!!!

Nov 28 06 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Foolio7714

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

Dude.....People talk. Secrets leak. It's the way of the world.  In my case, she told a friend of hers that she couldn't shoot with a black guy. It got back to me.  And then she lied and told me her grandma died so she had to cancel the shoot.    Bottom line = She doesn't shoot with black guys.

Nov 28 06 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

lotusphoto wrote:

Axlf wrote:

if you look at the news, that's what you see, ie:dwb, driving while black, 30% of all black men in the usa are in the system, probation or in-house, is it wrong? of course it's wrong, does it create an impression? yes

Realitcally, those fears have been around way before the modern day media..You'd better go with the past media here in this country. Jim Crow.

Nov 28 06 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

CareLyn Anita wrote:
yup...... get on the scene... wi the sex machine....

and i got a little funk too... smile

whoever that llama was shes obviously pretty ignorant and it will bite her alibaster a$$ in the long run.... ignorance always catches up with it's owner ....

ditto. and the james brown demo that u gave was funny.

Nov 28 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

Legacys 7 wrote:
Doing ok in my neck of the woods is like me being healthy on one part of my body but  one of my hands is bleeding to death. Do I ingnore that part of my body just because the rest of me is ok?

i'm saying ignore the pimple if you have a broken leg..

you live in oakland, there are major problems in oakland, wtf are you arguing with me? i'm not a problem, a repressed llama is not a problem.. go start a photography club in a local high school.. dont bitch at me..

Nov 28 06 09:35 am Link