Forums > General Industry > Jerks calling themselves photographers to get laid

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

John Allan wrote:

Yeh, really!

After reading this I read the OP's profile and looked at his pictures.
Whoa... If I were a model, sirens would be going off.
He calls himself "Upclose and personal photography" BTW - reading what he says in his profile, combined with the look and feel of his images, should make anyone steer clear, I would think...

John

I don't make it a point to comment on other photographer's work but I would have to agree with John here.  The OP tells us he's been doing this for years, tells us how much he spends on equipment and then you look at the pictures... somethings not right here.

Oct 03 06 08:45 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Oct 03 06 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Wait just a gosh-durned minute.  The presumption here is that a photographer wanting to have sex with a model is somehow evil.  First I'd like an explanation of that reasoning.  I'd think that there are very few neutered photographers around, and it's more a matter of common human relations and the appropriateness of the situation.

Co-workers hit on each other, and if it isn't indicated to be unwelcome, then it's OK.  Clearly, unwelcome attentions aren't to proceed, but for cripe's sakes, photographers of all people should be expected to be interested in their models.  Here, fer shure.  I mean we're not a bunch of tree-, shrub- and bush-shooters now, are we?

That said, use of force, threat of force or extortion is wrong, illegal and unethical.  And that said, I'll have to admit the point that many models make about old guys with cameras generally being creepy and not their most likely candidates for hot monkey luv.

Sigh...

-Don

Oct 03 06 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

You don't look a day over 20 to me. wink

Oct 03 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Wait just a gosh-durned minute.  The presumption here is that a photographer wanting to have sex with a model is somehow evil.  First I'd like an explanation of that reasoning.  I'd think that there are very few neutered photographers around, and it's more a matter of common human relations and the appropriateness of the situation.

Co-workers hit on each other, and if it isn't indicated to be unwelcome, then it's OK.  Clearly, unwelcome attentions aren't to proceed, but for cripe's sakes, photographers of all people should be expected to be interested in their models.  Here, fer shure.  I mean we're not a bunch of tree-, shrub- and bush-shooters now, are we?

That said, use of force, threat of force or extortion is wrong, illegal and unethical.  And that said, I'll have to admit the point that many models make about old guys with cameras generally being creepy and not their most likely candidates for hot monkey luv.

Sigh...

-Don

Not me.  I'm a eunuch! (bet you never met a black eunuch before eh?)

editted for spelling.

Oct 03 06 09:31 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Ransom J wrote:

Not me.  I'm a eunuch! (bet you never met a black eunuch before eh?)

editted for spelling.

Yea but I hear rumor you have a very long tail wink

Oct 03 06 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Ruben Grolet wrote:
Jerks calling themselves photographers to get laid

You rang?

Oct 03 06 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

Yea but I hear rumor you have a very long tail wink

Extremely.

And it has vibrating and pulsing action.  Any doubt as to why I'm the devil?

Oct 03 06 09:37 pm Link

Model

Beauty of Tiferet

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Ransom J wrote:

Extremely.

And it has vibrating and pulsing action.  Any doubt as to why I'm the devil?

You sound like my husband. Rrrrowwww!

Oct 03 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

To the OP,

You want to work w/ her but won't pay her. She won't work w/ you unless you pay her. No offense but you should take a hint.

She's been drugged & raped her...only she's not saying its rape. Come on. How many times have you heard of a chick friend, sleeping w/ a guy when she was drunk. IMO, that's not rape...that's a stupid lapse in judgement.

Oct 03 06 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
So how exactly is paying one photographer for a whole portfolio gaining experence?
Yes we know their are scum out there it happens, their is scum everywhere. their is also the scum that use other scum to make themselves look better.

I don't care about leather bound books, or the fact that models love you, or  your claim to get me in playboy, I care that your images are the best I can buy.

(My images are the best you -can't- buy) smile

Oct 03 06 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Molly Black wrote:

You sound like my husband. Rrrrowwww!

Your husband is a demon eunuch with a 12 ft long vibrating, pulsing tail with a rabbit tip?

Oct 03 06 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

RStephenT wrote:

John Allan wrote:
Yeh, really!

After reading this I read the OP's profile and looked at his pictures.
Whoa... If I were a model, sirens would be going off.
He calls himself "Upclose and personal photography" BTW - reading what he says in his profile, combined with the look and feel of his images, should make anyone steer clear, I would think...

John
I don't make it a point to comment on other photographer's work but I would have to agree with John here.  The OP tells us he's been doing this for years, tells us how much he spends on equipment and then you look at the pictures... somethings not right here.

I rather thought the motel TV in the backround with the blurry reflection of the back of the model's head and the photographer was, uh, -edgy-...
or something

Oct 03 06 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

TestShoot

Beverly Hills, California, US

I can name about 6 photographers on this site that are notorious for it, I can also name a few models that prostitute themselves.

and people wonder why i don't like working with web models or on the web when shit like this happens.

edit: i was shooting a girl i was already dating, does that make me bad? apparently it did on another forum.

Oct 03 06 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Raveney

Miami, Florida, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
So how exactly is paying one photographer for a whole portfolio gaining experence?
Yes we know their are scum out there it happens, their is scum everywhere. their is also the scum that use other scum to make themselves look better.

I don't care about leather bound books, or the fact that models love you, or  your claim to get me in playboy, I care that your images are the best I can buy.

I care that your images are the best I can buy.

wel put!

Oct 03 06 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

RonSmithPhotography

UdoR wrote:

That seems to sum it up...

I agree. sounds like GWC scorned......Don`t you love it when it`s not you.....

Oct 03 06 10:52 pm Link

Model

Donezo

Los Angeles, California, US

i absolutely agree, as i've been offered money to shoot a million times, but if the portfolio isn't better than mine, no thanks.  i have no problem with standing in front of the camera of an amazing photog for free.

but, i will say, that these guys exist because they can. although this situation was different because she was drugged, many girls do willingly sleep with photographers to 'further their careers'. ladies, save your self- respect and realize that if you can't get ahead without giving a blow job, then maybe this isn't the business for you.

Oct 03 06 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

KM von Seidl wrote:
Will there be a day when MM industry talk is about industry and not rape, photographic trends and not GWCs, or the tragic plight of being tall and much prettier in one's mind than in reality?

I was shooting the other day with a big group of people, and, realising my situation relative to everyone else, remarked to one of the people there that you know you're getting old when everyone in the room is taller and better looking than you. Some of the women there were tall enough that if I raised my camera to my eye, and level, I would have gotten a lovely portrait of their b(o)(o)bies. Life is good! LOL

Studio36

Oct 03 06 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

JaysonPolansky com

Sedona, Arizona, US

Ruben Grolet wrote:
Anyone out there got a shot gun. A bullet to the brain is not good enough for those bas.....

I couldn't find a reason to read much past his compassionate opening line.
Shame on me for even extending this thread

Oct 03 06 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

Vida Studios

New York, New York, US

I dont need to add anything else to it, you said it all and the sad thing most model still don't learn and they still get scam............

Oct 03 06 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Wait just a gosh-durned minute.  The presumption here is that a photographer wanting to have sex with a model is somehow evil.  First I'd like an explanation of that reasoning. 

Sigh...

-Don

It's pretty simple Don. If she screams "Don't... STOP!" it's probably not OK. But if she screams "DON'T STOP!" then it probably is OK. The level of drugs or booze in her bloodstream is immaterial.

Studio36

Oct 03 06 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Ahhhh. Behold the power of the pussy.

Oct 03 06 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

donald vance

New York, New York, US

e-string wrote:
What drug was it?

H-O-O-O-O-W-W-W-L-L-L-L-!-!-!-!!!!!!

Oct 03 06 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

John Jebbia wrote:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 03 06 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

The phrase "doth protest too much" comes to mind. I may be off but it comes across that you're more jealous than concerned. Perhaps she said she wasn't raped (and I think that's for her to decide, not you) because you went off on her when you discovered her paid shoot didn't turn out as YOU planned. If your only concern was her safety and not the business you were losing to another photographer, wouldn't that have been the main content of your post?

It almost seems that your scolding her for not choosing you and taking a "see? look what happened because you overlooked me" attitude.

Besides, in my personal experience, when a model says "no thanks" to a shoot, I don't try to convince her she needs to. And on a side note...I don't think Playboy wants polished professional images submitted in a leather bound portfolio...snapshots are fine.

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

Ruben Grolet wrote:
So, she puts me off and puts me off. Finally after 3 weeks she lands that paid job. Big deal $200.00 to $300.00 dollars. BIG MONEY. One shoot. So, when is the next big money. Even at $300.00 that is only $100.00 a week average she earned. BIG DEAL.

It's already being beaten to death, but if you feel this guy was offering her peanuts and that she was mistaken to choose to work with him for this sum, why wouldn't you pay her?

And this is not about me putting out an add for work. I get work. This is about models thinking about what they should be doing. If you just want some jerk with a camera to take naked pics of you and get paid then don't complain. If you are serious about modeling you have to gain experience just like everyone else. Money should come second and experience, great photos, a great portfolio should come 1st.

You go on and on in your profile about how much you've invested in your equipment, yet you won't pay a model you desperately want to work with a couple of hundred bucks for a shoot. Sure, money should come second - but if a model tells you she would rather work with someone else for pay, take the hint that maybe your photos aren't really "great" enough for her to be willing to work with you for free. If you have so much experience and can help get models into Playboy, how come none of us have ever heard of you?

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Tiff Marie wrote:
ladies, save your self- respect and realize that if you can't get ahead without giving a blow job, then maybe this isn't the business for you.

Oh thanks a lot. Is it too late to get a refund on my photography degree? The casting couch has been permanently removed for reupholstering lol.

Oct 03 06 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

its all semantics really . . . you say photography to get laid . . . other's say flexible payment options.  :-)

Oct 03 06 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Caroline Ann Martin

D. Brian Nelson wrote:

Sigh...

-Don

It's one thing for a photographer (or model) to be attracted to the model (or photographer).  It's another thing to cross professional boundaries.  True professionals (whether professional or amatuer photographer as the differentiation of the two is not on the photog's professionalism but rather how he/she earns his/her income), will not hit on the other person, will not comment on how "wet and juicy" the model is (yes, this is one comment said to me by one idiot GWC that I had the unfortunate experience to work with), etc....  As one professional (in all senses of the term professional) photog said to me recently, yes, it's only natural for him to feel some form of attraction towards the model that he works with, and if the attraction isn't there, it would be that much harder to make a connection and take good photos, but that's where it ends.  Attraction is one thing. Acting on it crosses professional boundaries.

Oct 03 06 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

True professionals get paid . . . not shoot for free.  I know many professionals who have one set of working norms on real tests or actual professional shoots and another set of working norms on "fun" shoots.

Not saying its right . . . just saying it is.  Its better for people to know.

Oct 03 06 11:22 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

TestShoot wrote:
I can name about 6 photographers on this site that are notorious for it, I can also name a few models that prostitute themselves.

and people wonder why i don't like working with web models or on the web when shit like this happens.

edit: i was shooting a girl i was already dating, does that make me bad? apparently it did on another forum.

Only six??

wow,

oh you do realize you are on the web right now don't you?
*smiles*

Oct 03 06 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

TestShoot wrote:
I can name about 6 photographers on this site that are notorious for it

Those are the honest ones or the bad liars.  There is alot more than 6. Again, not saying its right, just saying it is.  To me- that is not offensive.  What is offensive is the trickery or misleading of people.

Oct 03 06 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

Q: What do you call a gorgeous model who has sex with any photographer?
A: A Hot Slut

Q: What do you call a gorgeous model who has sex with any photographer, except for you?
A: A Bitch!

Now where be my monkey love...?

Oct 03 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Klassic Photo

Bullhead City, Arizona, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

Only six??

wow,

oh you do realize you are on the web right now don't you?
*smiles*

Iona you are such a smart a$$    LMAO   you crack me up

Oct 03 06 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

TouchofEleganceStudios

Vallejo, California, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

Oct 03 06 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

e-string wrote:

Pass me some of that shit..

Okay:  "I love you." 

Required FDA Warning: This is actually just a placebo. 

But, based on all your posts, I do like you.  Hopefully that'll do, 'cause it's the best I got. 

- rick

Oct 03 06 11:33 pm Link

Model

Model Mel

dfstudios wrote:
The OP bothers me and I will explain why.

What part of her "no" answer did you not understand? Why did you keep bothering her?

I really don't see why you think you should be involved in her business at all. Do you? Your behaviour represents that of the infamous white knight and it is not very business-like. I do not see why you posted it, and if she were a model here you are basically saying this model will have sex with someone if they pay her $200 - $300. I have no idea idea why you think any model would appreciate this.

In  his defense to that and I dont even know the guy, how did he REALLY know what happened to begin with , apparentely him and this model had an in depth conversation after it happened and she could have been a drama queen to make him think she was "RAPED" or It actually happened, nobody can specualte what happened unless your the "model" he is talking about. Plain and simple if she was raped  " involve the police" NOT ANOTHER PHOTOGRAPHER " if she liked it , Hell do it again and again and again ! Giggle .. Not making light , just making a point.

Mel

OH MY GOD I COMMITED A TYPO "SHOOT ME " spec‧u‧late 

Oct 03 06 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

Me want leather bound books...great images...and... sweedish models with big butts and big breasts...

Oct 03 06 11:36 pm Link

Model

Model Mel

John Jebbia wrote:

Imagine that, It holds the key that all that is WORTHY ! BOW to your MASTER "The FE -MALE" ! hehe

Oct 03 06 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

TouchofEleganceStudios

Vallejo, California, US

John if you are as good with a camera as you are with your spelling and if you are as good with your camera as you are with your manners, behold another jerk. I did nothing to earn such criticism. You need to go back to work with your shovel and do something worth while...

Oct 03 06 11:38 pm Link