Forums > General Industry > Lower Back Tattoos

Photographer

Joe Lee

GUILDERLAND, New York, US

Why do so many models and young women today have these lower back tattoos?

They can't really see them unless they look in a mirror, can they?

I don't get it.

Sep 26 06 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Beach

Charleston, South Carolina, US

targets

Sep 26 06 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

David Velez

New York, New York, US

It's placed there to show confidence in that they don't have to be able to see their beauty to know that they are.

Sep 26 06 04:39 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

David (6of7) wrote:
It's placed there to show confidence in that they don't have to be able to see their beauty to know that they are.

It was the part of my body with the most "cushion" and I was told it would hurt less. And, it didn't hurt at all... And, it's easy to hide....

Sep 26 06 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Lee

GUILDERLAND, New York, US

They must do it to impress men. I think they look pretty bad but I guess it's the trend.

Sep 26 06 05:15 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Joe Lee wrote:
They must do it to impress men. I think they look pretty bad but I guess it's the trend.

Not everything a woman does is about men... what a chauvinist thing to say...

Sep 26 06 05:32 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Lamonica wrote:

It was the part of my body with the most "cushion" and I was told it would hurt less. And, it didn't hurt at all... And, it's easy to hide....

Amen to that!  My tattoo placement is entirely based on what is most limited in visibility and what isn't gonna hurt like hell to get.  And in my opinion, there are only a few acceptable places for a woman to have a tattoo anyway.

Sep 26 06 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

David Velez

New York, New York, US

Lamonica wrote:

I'm surprised it didn't hurt at all...... I would think it would when it was being done over your spine or tailbone (I had an ex who got it too low lol)

Sep 26 06 05:34 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Joe Lee wrote:

Really?  They must do it to impress men?  Interesting.  Do you think men get tattoos to impress women?

Sep 26 06 05:35 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

David (6of7) wrote:

I'm surprised it didn't hurt at all...... I would think it would when it was being done over your spine or tailbone (I had an ex who got it too low lol)

Actually, I got it in the spot in between were my pelvic bone meets. Theres a little more  "meat" back there and it only hurt a little when he hit the bone on either side... other than that, it was a little annoying.

Sep 26 06 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Because some cool people have tattoos there, and if you get a tattoo on your lower back, you can be cool, too.

Sep 26 06 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Maxwell

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

everything men do is to impress women. 

we'd still be living in caves

Sep 26 06 05:38 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Because some cool people have tattoos there, and if you get a tattoo on your lower back, you can be cool, too.

Hey look!  It's the tattoo hater, pretending to know things about people with tattoos!

Sep 26 06 05:39 pm Link

Model

JoanneD

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Have a look at the first photo in my profile.  Not just a lower back tattoo.

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Maxwell Digital Art wrote:
everything men do is to impress women. 

we'd still be living in caves

Point taken.

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:

Hey look!  It's the tattoo hater, pretending to know things about people with tattoos!

Dammit... you beat me to it...haha... I hate closed minded individuals... yes, I said hate...

Sep 26 06 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

3rd Floor Photography

Tucson, Arizona, US

I used to want one. I think location is key, and seeing as how it's located so close to the butt and men love butts, it's almost like a tease. So yeah, in a way it is for males simply because it's attractive. But not ALL tattoos are to attract men, in my opinion, but if it's a tatoo that's peaking out of your cleavage or on your lower hip...it's a nobrainer on why it's put there in the first place.

Sep 26 06 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

RayAndrews

Dallas, Texas, US

Ahhh, yes the thread on the dreaded "tramp stamp" ...well that's what it's called in certain circles...interesting...I can take or leave them photo-wise...guess just beating into submission about the body art on that part of the body.

Sep 26 06 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

Michael J

Rustburg, Virginia, US

Well damn!  What the hell do I know?  At 46 yrs of age and many tat's, I didn't realize they were to impress someone else.  I thought they were all the drawings that I did, at different points in my life, to represent the stages, and the hurdles, and be a token and symbol of what I had come thru, and where I had been, and keep them in my memory. 

Silly me . . .

Photographer

mrbambito

New York, New York, US

Friends always call 'em tramp stamps.

I didn't say I call them that, so leave me alone.

Photographer

3rd Floor Photography

Tucson, Arizona, US

Michael J wrote:
Well damn!  What the hell do I know?  At 46 yrs of age and many tat's, I didn't realize they were to impress someone else.  I thought they were all the drawings that I did, at different points in my life, to represent the stages, and the hurdles, and be a token and symbol of what I had come thru, and where I had been, and keep them in my memory. 

Silly me . . .

Well of course tatoos are to symbolize that as well when it comes to what it is of, but I think location is key too.

Sep 26 06 05:50 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Michael J wrote:

Silly me . . .

Exactly... All the modifications I have done and will do to my body have been for my own personal reasons.. I can care less what other people think.

Sep 26 06 05:53 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

I think it's odd that there's a presumption that putting a tattoo there has anything to do with anyone but the person getting it.  I like that spot because it's private.  Even when I'm nude, my hair covers it.  Most people never have any idea I'm tattooed.  (Or didn't, before I got one on my wrist.)  There's the additional tickle of delight of forgetting about it for weeks at a time.  Then something reminds me and I think, "Oh yeah!  I forgot about that!  I LOVE my tattoo!" 

I know people mock, but it doesn't really bother me.  I'm the only one who has to live with it, so my opinion is the only one that has any real weight.  Eleven years and I am still completely in love with it.  Yay me.

Sep 26 06 05:54 pm Link

Model

Hacked Account

Houston, Alaska, US

here i am once again gonna tell it straight....... i have one on my lower back, 1. because i love the design... 2. any where that you get a tattoo hurts...even if your drunk off your ass.....and 3. cause it is sexy as hell when im takin it from behind........and yes men like it.......oh yeah im flexible enough to see mine.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............j

Sep 26 06 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

neoracer

Kent, Washington, US

the "tramp stamp"?

Sep 26 06 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

3rd Floor Photography

Tucson, Arizona, US

Shyly wrote:
I think it's odd that there's a presumption that putting a tattoo there has anything to do with anyone but the person getting it.  I like that spot because it's private.  Even when I'm nude, my hair covers it.  Most people never have any idea I'm tattooed.  (Or didn't, before I got one on my wrist.)

Some girls aren't like that, some like it to peak out from under their shirt when they bend over, or what not. So it's also how you treat as well. I know it's not a tatoo, but I got my navel pierced for my private satisfaction, but I don't mind the ocassional slip because it feels and looks sexy. :-D

Sep 26 06 05:57 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

jennifer lockstedt wrote:
here i am once again gonna tell it straight....... i have one on my lower back, 1. because i love the design... 2. any where that you get a tattoo hurts...even if your drunk off your ass.....and 3. cause it is sexy as hell when im takin it from behind........and yes men like it.......oh yeah im flexible enough to see mine.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............j

Not true... my tattoo only hurt when he went over the bone. It's all about you tolerance of pain, which you may just have a low one.

Sep 26 06 05:58 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

RE #3:  You do have a point.  LOL.

Sep 26 06 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

BCPrints

Brookfield, Illinois, US

was cool the first few times i saw the lower back..still the coolest place for pain is the inside of the lip.. Lars from Rancid has "BEER" on his.. messed up place to get one.
And i got my arm tatoos done in 89 to prove i was a punk and not wanting to be a part of normal society..now i hide them as i still don't want to be a part of mainstream society smile

Sep 26 06 05:59 pm Link

Model

o0ashleynicole0o

Orlando, Florida, US

Joe Lee wrote:

Your excatly right. I got mine to impress as many men as I could. Not because I liked it or I wanted it for me, but to impress men. Really now, get your head out of your ass.

Sep 26 06 06:04 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

BCPrints Com wrote:
was cool the first few times i saw the lower back..still the coolest place for pain is the inside of the lip.. Lars from Rancid has "BEER" on his.. messed up place to get one.
And i got my arm tatoos done in 89 to prove i was a punk and not wanting to be a part of normal society..now i hide them as i still don't want to be a part of mainstream society smile

That's funny, my friend got Killian's tattooed on the inside of his cause he said there's nothing like always having Killian's on your lips...hahaha

Model

Casey Brooke

Reading, Kansas, US

ahh the almighty tramp stamp.

yea its pretty lame. no offense.

Model

Miya

San Diego, California, US

I love mine. Personal and means a lot to me; design accentuates my ass (wooohooo!), and I love to think of what he sees when he's banging me from behind...fun to trace the lines with his tongue...okay, I need a cold shower...

Oh, and for the record, it did hurt. But not as bad as anticipated. Rib area hurt like a bitch!!

Kudos to the decoration of your skin; regardless of locale.

Sep 26 06 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Joe Lee wrote:

I can't even respond to such ignorance.

Sep 26 06 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Joe Lee wrote:

Casey Brooke wrote:
ahh the almighty tramp stamp.

yea its pretty lame. no offense.

Finally, some people who actually get it.  It is the absolute lamest thing I've ever seen in my life. 

In fact, I think all tattoos are dumb, regardless of the reason a person gets it.  Not only that, I think piercings are stupid, too.  Except for piercing of the elbow.  That's okay.  And the whole coloring the hair concept... what's that all about?  I mean, who in their right mind would want to color the hair on their head??  Best to just dye your pubes or nose hair.  And really, wearing jewelry... that shit is stupid, too.  I mean think about it: jewelry.  The word just sounds idiotic.  Why would anyone put it on, I mean you weren't born with it.

I mean, let's just run with this thing... what's up with clothes?  The concept is like el lamo to the max-o, you know?  And breathing.  Damn, that's the most foolish thing I've ever heard...

What the fuck.  It's a tattoo on the lower back.  You either get them or you don't.  You either like them or you don't.  The reasons for liking/getting or not liking/getting are up to the individual.  Please...

Sep 26 06 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Jay Bowman wrote:
I mean, let's just run with this thing... what's up with clothes?  The concept is like el lamo to the max-o, you know?

That made me laugh.  In fact, I'm still laughing.

Sep 26 06 06:37 pm Link

Model

Hacked Account

Houston, Alaska, US

Lamonica wrote:

Not true... my tattoo only hurt when he went over the bone. It's all about you tolerance of pain, which you may just have a low one.

honey everything about me is low.....so don't get pissy.....you just probably have a small tattoo..... you can contact every single tattoo shop in the U.S and ask them if tattoo's hurt....they will laugh and hang up on you for being ignorant.....your body also has nerves that run through it....when those nerves are being messed with by a big ass needle...it hurts.......now that i have school-ed you .....go take some more pictures honey.......kisses j

Sep 26 06 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

3rd Floor Photography

Tucson, Arizona, US

honey everything about me is low.....so don't get pissy.....you just probably have a small tattoo..... you can contact every single tattoo shop in the U.S and ask them if tattoo's hurt....they will laugh and hang up on you for being ignorant.....your body also has nerves that run through it....when those nerves are being messed with by a big ass needle...it hurts.......now that i have school-ed you .....go take some more pictures honey.......kisses j

I remember when I got my piercing, I screamed my ass off. Like literally screamed. Freaked out the piercer. And then later on that day someone made fun of me because theirs "didn't hurt at all".

Peh.

Sep 26 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

3rd Floor Photography

Tucson, Arizona, US

Jay Bowman wrote:

Joe Lee wrote:

Finally, some people who actually get it.  It is the absolute lamest thing I've ever seen in my life. 

In fact, I think all tattoos are dumb, regardless of the reason a person gets it.  Not only that, I think piercings are stupid, too.  Except for piercing of the elbow.  That's okay.  And the whole coloring the hair concept... what's that all about?  I mean, who in their right mind would want to color the hair on their head??  Best to just dye your pubes or nose hair.  And really, wearing jewelry... that shit is stupid, too.  I mean think about it: jewelry.  The word just sounds idiotic.  Why would anyone put it on, I mean you weren't born with it.

I mean, let's just run with this thing... what's up with clothes?  The concept is like el lamo to the max-o, you know?  And breathing.  Damn, that's the most foolish thing I've ever heard...

What the fuck.  It's a tattoo on the lower back.  You either get them or you don't.  You either like them or you don't.  The reasons for liking/getting or not liking/getting are up to the individual.  Please...

Guys quit ragging on them for their opinion. They have their opinion for not liking them, just like you have your opinions for liking them.

Sep 26 06 06:59 pm Link

Model

_Bunny_

Riverview, Florida, US

Tattoo needles aren't that big.  That's just a lot of them and they move fast.

I think lower back tattoos are a bit silly.  However, the placement of mine are rather masculine to most people (upper arms and outside of my calf), so I guess it's all dependent on what you like. 

I will say that the arguement about whether people have any tattoos, lower back or not, because others have them is a bit silly.  You saw someone with a tattoo and liked it, decided you wanted it for yourself, and had it done.  You didn't do it for other people, but you more than likely did it because of other people.

Sep 26 06 07:02 pm Link