Forums > General Industry > offensive photo yes - get white folks mad

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Lapis wrote:
https://www.messyfun.com/store/images/detailed/MUD_mf-MW3_09.jpg
Yes, another favorite of the white guys....female mud wrestling! I am offended by this immensely (lol)

Hmmm, for some odd reason, I do not find this one offensive at all...

Jun 08 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Chuck Holliday

New York, New York, US

so what happens after nearly 27 pages of arguing over something that allowed various people to embarrass themselves and polute the atmosphere of this forum? ya start another one!

only on model mayhem, lol. are ya trying to break the record with this one and go 30 pages? if ya are going to do that, at least make some points for about.. ummmm 3 of them, lol.

so lemme guess - how many times are we going to see the "400 years" cry in this one?

Jun 08 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Al of Avalon

San Antonio, Texas, US

Well put.

I can understand, because I have the human capacity of empathy, that allows one to project inwardly what another's pain is/was into my own psyche for thoughtful concideration; I can understand the terrible pain and humiliation of what was the terrible black experience, not only was, but residually sometimes IS. I am sad for their unfortune, and I am assahmed for any, even if remote, possibility that my ancestors had anything to do with that terrible fortune.

But if you want to bring up history. Do a little research. Know well that slavery is an institution, that has thousands of years of practice. (You do know about the enslavement of English, Gauls (French) and everyone else allover the Roman empire. And befor that, the Romans, by the Greeks. And befor that, the Greeks by the Persians. And before that....Ad naseum.

Learn and unlearn, then you can love unreservedly.

Jun 08 06 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

by the way, i only used the term "white folks" because it's in the name of the thread, for those that failed to read it.

Jun 08 06 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Marvin Dockery wrote:

Is this a self portrait?????????

That MIGHT be the 6th cousin 4th removed on my Daddy's side!

Jun 08 06 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Angel Tara wrote:
Here's a photo that should be upsetting to everyone. Not necessarily offensive, but upsetting.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/atallen/trashy.jpg

I think the pic in the OP is funny...this is not!!!

Pardon the interruption.....

At least he KNOWS how his little brother got ino the world!

Jun 08 06 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

One thing that amazes me about this thread is that some people Totally and Utterly missed the point of it.  It wasn't meant to be a serious thread.  It was a spoof of the other thread.  I mean, the cow picture?  We were supposed to take that seriously?

But some did decide to take this thread seriously and once again rant mindlessly with their uneducated opinions and their uneducated grammar.

Meantime, the rest of us have had fun--both with the thread and the uneducated.

Jun 08 06 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

No, what I was saying is that statements like the one you made come across as though it is your feeling that blacks are completely innocent in the realm of slavery.  What is even worse is the statements lump all whites into the same group. 

Why not be a little more accurate and say all "white anglo's whose families have been here longer that 100 years and were members of the KKK, slave bearing plantation owners or Neo-Nazi's.

I am white.  My family background is English, Italian and Czech.  My father came over here to escape the concentration camps (he is Jewish).  My mother is Christian so we are a mix.  Our family did not come from a slave owning country, we come from jewish background, we dispiss the KKK, New-Nazi's and were never plantation owners.  Yet somehow, I bet you would still lump me and my family in with the "whites who don't know what we went through". 

again i say "white folks" was in the title of the thread. i have european-americans as both  close friends and family members and would have the same conversation with them. sure, most view jews as white because of their skin but i do know there is a difference.

Jun 08 06 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Sean Abel Photography

Newburgh, New York, US

quick someone draw a cartoon and we can go burn something !!!!!!!

Jun 08 06 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

deshun smith wrote:
IF "WHITE FOLKS" HAD BEEN TAKEN AWAY FROM THEIR HOME TO A FOREIGN LAND

See this link.

Tip: SHOUTING doesn't encourage anyone to read a large block of text without paragraphs.

Jun 08 06 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

deshun smith wrote:
by the way, i only used the term "white folks" because it's in the name of the thread, for those that failed to read it.

AGAIN I STATE!

Jun 08 06 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Kevin Connery wrote:

See this link.

Tip: SHOUTING doesn't encourage anyone to read a large block of text without paragraphs.

thanks for the information, however, i don't think that is the topic/reason i posted my "comment" , not my essay. i didn't know i was being graded for this course.

Jun 08 06 04:38 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

I guess...

And I retract some of my original words. I said people "should" be upset. I find it upsetting but I can't say that it "should" upset anyone...

carry on people...it's been a long day for me. I don't feel like following along...

Jun 08 06 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

deshun smith wrote:
thanks for the information, however, i don't think that is the topic/reason i posted my "comment" , not my essay. i didn't know i was being graded for this course.

If you were being graded, you'd likely get an F!

Jun 08 06 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

BCG wrote:
whats up with all the bad attitude new folks???...are they timed out s.o.b.s using a new name?!?

Couldn't be. It's not as though their posting styles were similar...hmmm....

Jun 08 06 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

deshun smith wrote:

Life is not a dress rehearsal. Everyone is being "graded" all the time.

You based your rant on a specific set of conditions. There's information indicating it's not as clear-cut as you state.  As that directly addresses the premise of your "comment",  it's difficult to see how you find it unrelated.

Jun 08 06 04:47 pm Link

Model

Mitsukai

Walnut Creek, California, US

THIS IS RACIST! Kidding, kidding...

Jun 08 06 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Kalle Mustonen

Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland

Hmmm... what are these forum titles about all this "black" and "white" stuff? I am from Finland (in where 99,92% of people are white)... and I have one of my best friend guy who moved here from Ethiopia. So he is black. And now he is living among "white" people. And... I don't know how to say this... But, I really just don't understand this whole thing at all?! Why these topics? Do you Americans hate each other? Is there some sort of anger underneath your skin, so that you have to let some steam out and open discussion about these things every now and then in year 2006?

If so, my advise as an outsider of all this, is that you would have one day in year... or twice a year... open discussion forum in national tv (maybe CNN?) in where congress men/women and citizens (via phone) could talk these problems out together. About small and big problems. And that way solve these racial problems and angers in between (which I didn't know exist still) for good, bit by bit.

I don't know... really... It's damn 2006! Look for the future... Love. Peace.

Jun 08 06 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

will have to start a protest to demand the rights to be mooshine stupid!

Is that the term for what's happening in the cow picture? Moo-shining?

Jun 08 06 04:56 pm Link

Model

Mitsukai

Electra T wrote:
if u rewrite it minus the caps i'll read it.

IF YOU REWRITE IT PLUS "YO" ON "U" I'LL REWRITE MINUS THE CAPS

Jun 08 06 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

For a limited time, enjoy my white trash audio composition, made back in 2004 when I was experimenting with sound recording and Cool Edit Pro:

http://www.richardsfault.com/rp_photo/m … _trash.mp3

Thankfully, I moved on and got into photography shortly thereafter!

Jun 08 06 05:01 pm Link

Model

Lust

Rockford, Illinois, US

https://www.thewvsr.com/images/redneck.jpg

He's cute.

In a creepy, Jim Henson way.

Jun 08 06 05:02 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Lust wrote:

He's cute.

In a creepy, Jim Henson way.

Dye that hair pink and I am damned sure he will start playing the drums!

Jun 08 06 05:05 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

Would that everyone could put out the fires of the past. Unfortunately, history has way too many examples of century-long blood feuds and the like. This...country-well, runs on the idea that it's fine to have entrenched opinions and say what we think for the last 200-odd years, and we never seemed to have gotten civilized enough to keep violence to ourselves or forget about being uset in the first place. Who ever knew bad feelings could be so non-biodegradable.

Jun 08 06 05:05 pm Link

Model

Mitsukai

Why aren't you people rioting yet? I demand a riot!

Jun 08 06 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Tape Her Up wrote:

If you were being graded, you'd likely get an F!

... along with the images in your port GWC. ROFLAYW! (rolling on the floor laughing at your work)

Jun 08 06 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Is that the model and "Sluggo" having a pre or post-shoot discussion?

Jun 08 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Ah, but Deshun, you're a forgetting something (no big surprise there).  If you read my port I out and out state that I am a bondage photographer.  This means I take photos of models taped up.  Not everyone's cup of tea, true.  But it makes me a nice chunk of change, so I won't complain.  And I still get plenty of models interested in working with me.  So go ahead and laugh.  I'll laugh, too--all the way to the bank.

Oh...and let's see..I'm a guy and I bring my cameras (2--one still, one video) with me to shoots, so yes...I guess I am a Guy With Camera.

Jun 08 06 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Kevin Connery wrote:

Life is not a dress rehearsal. Everyone is being "graded" all the time.

You based your rant on a specific set of conditions. There's information indicating it's not as clear-cut as you state.  As that directly addresses the premise of your "comment",  it's difficult to see how you find it unrelated.

the images presented both here and "the most offensive image on mm" are a direct insult of both african-americans and european-americans. when someone submits an image depicting european-americans as the only race of humans that have enslaved others, then your post will become valid.

Jun 08 06 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

Mitsukai wrote:
THIS IS RACIST! Kidding, kidding...

https://bestsmileys.com/nono/4.gif

https://bestsmileys.com/fainting/1.gif

Jun 08 06 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Mitsukai wrote:
Why aren't you people rioting yet? I demand a riot!

Okay, here you go!

RIOT! RIOT! RIOT!

Jun 08 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Mitsukai wrote:

IF YOU REWRITE IT PLUS "YO" ON "U" I'LL REWRITE MINUS THE CAPS

good one mitsukai. LOL

Jun 08 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

This is offensive.  I am offended.  Offended I say!!

Jun 08 06 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

this one, just offends the entire human race!
laugh and lets get back to safe sex.

https://joe-ks.com/images/RedneckTP.jpg

I sure hope this guy isn't enjoying this...WTF???  That's such a typical "WHITE" thing to do with a cow...JUST KIDDING! tongue

Jun 08 06 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Tape Her Up wrote:
Ah, but Deshun, you're a forgetting something (no big surprise there).  If you read my port I out and out state that I am a bondage photographer.  This means I take photos of models taped up.  Not everyone's cup of tea, true.  But it makes me a nice chunk of change, so I won't complain.  And I still get plenty of models interested in working with me.  So go ahead and laugh.  I'll laugh, too--all the way to the bank.

Oh...and let's see..I'm a guy and I bring my cameras (2--one still, one video) with me to shoots, so yes...I guess I am a Guy With Camera.

thanks for assisting me in making my point today... twice. i've used you enough and now you may go. enjoy the remainder of your day. p.s. money and talent are two entirely different things. you may have one, but you lack the other completely.

Jun 08 06 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Tape Her Up wrote:

My friend Bob and "Cloak of Darkness" may be interested in working with you...but Bob is admantant about doing implied nudes only.  Check 'em out on the other page.

Jun 08 06 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Star Photography

Portland, Maine, US

we cannot make fun of our hillbilly cousins - are they all cousins?

I will have to start a protest to demand the rights to be mooshine stupid!

get pissed off . I dare you!

https://www.thewvsr.com/images/redneck.jpg

Hmmm... Looks like some of my husband's relatives...

Jun 08 06 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

deshun smith wrote:

thanks for assisting me in making my point today... twice. i've used you enough and now you may go. enjoy the remainder of your day. p.s. money and talent are two entirely different things. you may have one, but you lack the other completely.

You guys are being so "Lifetime Original Movie."  Do I need to call up Nancy Mckeon (aka "Jo" from the Facts of Life) for a possible casting? 

Relax...breathe in...breathe out...life is too f*cking short to stress out.

Jun 08 06 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Al of Avalon

San Antonio, Texas, US

Deshun,

I wouldn't criticize other's photography. It isn't nice, and in your case, that's like the pot calling the kettle "black."

I think you should quit while....At least you should just quit.

Jun 08 06 05:30 pm Link

Model

Mitsukai

RStephenT wrote:

https://bestsmileys.com/nono/4.gif

https://bestsmileys.com/fainting/1.gif

I'm sorry I've failed you! sad

Jun 08 06 05:33 pm Link