Forums > General Industry > offensive photo yes - get white folks mad

Photographer

ChristopherRoss

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

deshun smith wrote:
If "white folks" had been taken away from their home to a foreign land, beaten into submission, both physically and mentally on a daily basis, forced to work for scraps and left over food and clothes, learn a new language and culture ... snipped the pointless all caps parts ...

um, you're a dumb ass. we like to call them the Irish, the Italians, the Scottish, the Polish, and the French ... get to know your history, it'll stop you from looking like a boob.

Jun 08 06 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

You have no idea what you've just caused, do you?

You really think that's going to offend people?  That's not going to do anything but encourage the rampant red-nekkedness that's plagueing every inch of Georgia outside the Atlanta city limits.  Hatfields and McCoy's across the state are going to skip work (do they work?  hmmm...) tomorrow to go "muddin'." 

Great.  Now all the state parks are going to shit.  Nice, Peter.  Reeeaal nice.

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

My friend Bob is just starting out...

Bob:
https://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/5302/np4.jpg
"I've been told I should give this a try by a few of my friends."

He's looking for professional photographer that can produce hi-quality images to add to his portfolio.  He prefer's paid assignments, but may consider TF-CD with selective photographers.  Bob says absolutely no nudity!

Bob has another model friend named "cloak of darkness" that he can pose with.  "Cloak of Darkness" is an aspiring couture runway model:
https://www.uglypeople.com/uploaded/18609/ugly7.jpg
"I've learned all of my moves from ANTM."

Photographer

rjcarroll

Linden, New Jersey, US

Looks like Herbie, the local drunk from the town I grew up in! Pass the Ripple!

Jun 08 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

ChristopherRoss

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

https://www.thewvsr.com/images/redneck.jpg

To be honest .. I love this photo, it's brilliant.

Anybody know who took it? I think it's one of the funniest pictures I've seen in a while.

Jun 08 06 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

this one, just offends the entire human race!
laugh and lets get back to safe sex.

https://joe-ks.com/images/RedneckTP.jpg

Jun 08 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

UnoMundo, I could have lived my entire life, never saw that photo, and died a very happy man.

Jun 08 06 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Tape Her Up wrote:
UnoMundo, I could have lived my entire life, never saw that photo, and died a very happy man.

A farm in Pennsylvania?

Jun 08 06 03:13 pm Link

Model

Samcmahon

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
this one, just offends the entire human race!
laugh and lets get back to safe sex.

https://joe-ks.com/images/RedneckTP.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......can't stop....HAHAHAHH....laughing!

Jun 08 06 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Samcmahon wrote:
Revenge is not a way to solve problems.

If I kill some bandicoot yuckle mouthed fool dead....problem solved on my end.
Heh!

Jun 08 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Magus

El Cajon, California, US

Oh Lord, forgive us. For we have sinned a great sin. We have bovine tossing salad.

Jun 08 06 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Electra T wrote:
if u rewrite it minus the caps i'll read it.

I WRITE IN ALL CAPS, SO I FIGURED, FOR THIS POSTING, BEFORE I GOT LOST IN ALL THE HOOPLA I WOULD TRY TO GET SOMEONE'S ATTENTION. IT WORKED.

Jun 08 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

deshun smith wrote:
IF "WHITE FOLKS" HAD BEEN TAKEN AWAY FROM THEIR HOME TO A FOREIGN LAND, BEATEN INTO SUBMISSION, BOTH PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY ON A DAILY BASIS, FORCED TO WORK FOR SCRAPS AND LEFT OVER FOOD AND CLOTHES, LEARN A NEW LANGUAGE AND CULTURE, BOTH OF WHICH THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, PITTED AGAINST EACH OTHER BECAUSE SOME HAD "BETTER HAIR & LIGHTER SKIN" BECAUSE THEY'RE BLOOD HAD BEEN TAINTED BY THEIR CAPTURES, USUALLY THROUGH THE PROCESS OF RAPE, FOUGHT FOR A COUNTRY WHICH HAD ENSLAVED THEM JUST FOR THEIR FREEDOM, ONLY TO LIVE IN THAT SAME EXACT ENVIRONMENT, OVERCOME ALL OF THE INGORANCE OF HATE & RACISM, BECOMING SOME OF THE BEST AND MOST BRILLIANT INNOVATORS ON THE PLANET INCLUDING ENTERTAINMENT , YET THEY COULDN'T SHOWCASE THEY'RE CRAFT ON TELEVISION BECAUSE OF THE MELANIN IN THEIR SKIN, HAVE THEIR CRAFT REPLICATED BY THEIR OPPRESORS, ONLY TO EXAGGERATE BOTH THEIR BEAUTIFUL SKIN, LIPS, MANNERISMS, AND DIALECT TO THE POINT WHERE THEY WERE MORE RESEMEMBLING OF ANIMALS THAN HUMAN, CREATE THE HARLEM RENAISSANCE WHICH HAD THE ALL RACIAL GROUPS COMING TO THEIR ENVIRONMENTS TO BE ENTERTAINED BY THESE GIFTS, ONLY TO ONCE AGAIN HAVE TO FIGHT FOR THE SAME, NOT CIVIL, BUT HUMAN RIGHTS WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBTAINED WHEN THEIR FOOT TOUCH THE SOIL OF A LAND WHICH WAS TAKEN FROM IT'S ORIGINAL OCCUPANTS, ONCE AGAIN RIDICULED, BEATEN, LYNCHED, ATTEMPTING TO EXERCISE THOSE RIGHTS WHICH HAD BEEN "GIVEN", IN THE PROCESS LOSING SOME OF THE MOST BRILLIANT MEN AND WOMEN OF THEIR ERA IN AN ATTEMPT TO BE WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE AS BUILDERS OF THIS COUNTRY, SUPPOSEDLY "GIVEN" THOSE RIGHTS AT THE END OF ALL OF THE OPRESSION, YET STILL VIEWED AS SECOND CLASS CITIZENS, BEING MOCKED ON A DAILY BASIS, THEN HAVE A DISTASTEFUL, POORLY EXECUTED IMAGE SUCH AS THIS PLASTERED ON A WEBSITE?  THEN YES, IF I WERE WHITE AND THIS WAS ONCE A DIRECT MOCKERY OF WHAT BLACKS ONCE THOUGHT OF MY PEOPLE... I'D BE PHUCKIN' PISSED!

I do not condone any of how American's 200 years ago through 130 years ago may have treated the first blacks in America.  However, before getting to far off on a rant.  It should have been pointed out that many of the black slaves that were brought to America where purchased from other black slave traders.  In fact, even until this day, various tribes in Africa enslave other African tribes.

If you really want to get down to it, even up until the 1960's, blacks in Africa had enslaved Indians from India.....don't believe me....ask people of Indian background.  So before we start saying that white people are the only offenders of enslaving people and taking away their rights.....read history.

Jun 08 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Magus

El Cajon, California, US

we cannot make fun of our hillbilly cousins - are they all cousins?

I will have to start a protest to demand the rights to be mooshine stupid!

get pissed off . I dare you!

Some of my best friends here would be considered red necks!

Jun 08 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Electra T wrote:
WHATS THE STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO?

HMMM...

Jun 08 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Tape Her Up wrote:
Hey, Deshun, there's nobody in the audience past the fifth row.

Translation: don't shout.

I'D EXPECT THAT FROM YOU.

Jun 08 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

deshun smith wrote:
I WRITE IN ALL CAPS, SO I FIGURED, FOR THIS POSTING, BEFORE I GOT LOST IN ALL THE HOOPLA I WOULD TRY TO GET SOMEONE'S ATTENTION. IT WORKED.

No...here's what happened.  People (like Electra and myself) saw your unreadable all caps post and blew past it.  So instead of getting people's attention, you're being ignored.  In other words, you did the opposite of what you set out to do.

Jun 08 06 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

deshun smith wrote:

Y O U   S H O U L D   L E A R N   T O   D O   I T   L I K E   T H I S
S M A R T A S S

Jun 08 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

deshun smith wrote:

1)You're still shouting.

2)One of us has to be intelligent around here.  It obviously isn't you.

Jun 08 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Apfel Photography wrote:

I do not condone any of how American's 200 years ago through 130 years ago may have treated the first blacks in America.  However, before getting to far off on a rant.  It should have been pointed out that many of the black slaves that were brought to America where purchased from other black slave traders.  In fact, even until this day, various tribes in Africa enslave other African tribes.

If you really want to get down to it, even up until the 1960's, blacks in Africa had enslaved Indians from India.....don't believe me....ask people of Indian background.  So before we start saying that white people are the only offenders of enslaving people and taking away their rights.....read history.

people always kill me with this point. so if i buy teenage girls from their parents and force them into prostitution, that makes it alright?

Jun 08 06 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

whats up with all the bad attitude new folks???...are they timed out s.o.b.s using a new name?!?

Jun 08 06 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Magus

El Cajon, California, US

Apfel Photography wrote:

Yes, you are correct. Tribes used to go to war. The wars were for the most part more of a pageant, few if any got killed. Captives would be taken and they would become slaves. Slavery in this manner would be more of a laborer. They would be treated fairly and traded for goods or your own people. Then the Europeans showed up and gave more value for the slaves. This was a way to rid the king of people who would want to avenge themselves on you later. The Middle Passage was the result.

Jun 08 06 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Al of Avalon

San Antonio, Texas, US

Apfel Photography wrote:

Jun 08 06 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

thisismyurl wrote:

um, you're a dumb ass. we like to call them the Irish, the Italians, the Scottish, the Polish, and the French ... get to know your history, it'll stop you from looking like a boob.

hello dick. the difference is yes, many "immigrants" were shipped away from europe, many for different reasons. IMMIGRANT...SLAVE. what's the difference?

Jun 08 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Al of Avalon

San Antonio, Texas, US

Hmm. That didn't work. I need to start a new thread: "Dummies that don't know how to operate this mashinery."

Aw shucks!

Jun 08 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Al of Avalon

San Antonio, Texas, US

Deshun,

Don't forget the Muslems who brought the practice of condoned slavery FOR MONEY to the continent. Compliments of that "religion of peace."

Jun 08 06 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Michael Kirst wrote:

Y O U   S H O U L D   L E A R N   T O   D O   I T   L I K E   T H I S
S M A R T A S S

me=the guy
you=the cow
now... kiss my smart ass.

Jun 08 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

Tape Her Up wrote:

1)You're still shouting.

2)One of us has to be intelligent around here.  It obviously isn't you.

it worked. thank you for your input.

Jun 08 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Al of Avalon

San Antonio, Texas, US

See Deshun,

We all new you could find keenship with your white brothers.

Lighten up, buddy. We got ZarCowEe today (last night)!

Jun 08 06 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

deshun smith wrote:
people always kill me with this point. so if i buy teenage girls from their parents and force them into prostitution, that makes it alright?

I am confused...did anyone else think that what I was saying was that it was OK to buy kids from their parents?

No, what I was saying is that statements like the one you made come across as though it is your feeling that blacks are completely innocent in the realm of slavery.  What is even worse is the statements lump all whites into the same group. 

Why not be a little more accurate and say all "white anglo's whose families have been here longer that 100 years and were members of the KKK, slave bearing plantation owners or Neo-Nazi's.

I am white.  My family background is English, Italian and Czech.  My father came over here to escape the concentration camps (he is Jewish).  My mother is Christian so we are a mix.  Our family did not come from a slave owning country, we come from jewish background, we dispiss the KKK, New-Nazi's and were never plantation owners.  Yet somehow, I bet you would still lump me and my family in with the "whites who don't know what we went through". 

I lost 200 members of my fathers side of the family because they were cooked in an oven. 

So, no, I have no idea what is like to be you.  Or any other black person in America.  However, do you know what it is like to be me?

Jun 08 06 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

Is this a self portrait?????????

Jun 08 06 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Dad is that you ?

Jun 08 06 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

avalon, i don't discuss religion or politics. smile

Jun 08 06 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

OK OK OK - the pic is by no means a flattering one, but how is it offensive?

Jun 08 06 04:03 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

haha the guy in the background belly flopping in the mud is priceless.I don't see offensive anywhere in this pic or any of the pics anyone has posted on this thread or the other.I just don't get some people.

Jun 08 06 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Taray Jennings wrote:

Yes, you are correct. Tribes used to go to war. The wars were for the most part more of a pageant, few if any got killed. Captives would be taken and they would become slaves. Slavery in this manner would be more of a laborer. They would be treated fairly and traded for goods or your own people. Then the Europeans showed up and gave more value for the slaves. This was a way to rid the king of people who would want to avenge themselves on you later. The Middle Passage was the result.

So then what happened?  I mean Rhuanda (sp?), Zaire?  Men gang raping women of different tribes in South Africa?  When did they go from treating each other fair to treating each other like dirt?  I would like to believe you because I would like to believe that people are all good by nature.  But I find it hard to believe that all people who enslaved other people, then treated them like a valued employee.

Jun 08 06 04:04 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Here's a photo that should be upsetting to everyone. Not necessarily offensive, but upsetting.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/atallen/trashy.jpg

I think the pic in the OP is funny...this is not!!!

Pardon the interruption.....

Jun 08 06 04:04 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Angel Tara wrote:
Here's a photo that should be upsetting to everyone. Not necessarily offensive, but upsetting.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/atallen/trashy.jpg

I think the pic in the OP is funny...this is not!!!

Pardon the interruption.....

OK, honestly i laughed at it b/c of the "wtf" thing...its not funny though..its really sad *snicker* poor kid....maybe he's waiting his turn..u never know.

Jun 08 06 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

deshun smith

Nashville, Georgia, US

So, no, I have no idea what is like to be you.  Or any other black person in America.  However, do you know what it is like to be me?

my sentiments exactly. sooo, why are we having this conversation? i was only explaining to those who don't know the issue behind the image (not this image, but the one that sparked this thread) why those people are offended. but i will not compare and contrast the holocaust and the middle passage... or the numbers which were lost.

Jun 08 06 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

James S

Spokane Valley, Washington, US

WHOA! BITTER BEER FACE!

Jun 08 06 04:08 pm Link