Forums > General Industry > Are you F'n kidding me here?....

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

ohh I have heard of him I like him so far.

May 26 06 10:32 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

May 26 06 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

TA DA

heeerrrreeee's chili

ok

you can easily tell the difference between the crap and the good stuff, by simply looking at the 'tags' on someone's port.

IF every tag is (more or less) "thank you for the compliment, and BTW you got nice work there too" ya know the person SUCKS and was fishing for comliments on his/her crap

NOW!!!! everyone go back and look at your tags and see if it's "RECIPROCITY" or if someone actually stopped (ON THEIR OWN VOLITION) and had to say something nice about your work

always liked that word reciprocity, and so seldom do i get to use it in a sentence

May 27 06 01:01 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Chili wrote:
always liked that word reciprocity, and so seldom do i get to use it in a sentence

And it's very seldom used by a photographer without being followed by "factor".  Good one.

May 27 06 01:06 am Link

Photographer

aref

New York, New York, US

aref wrote:

Michael Kirst wrote:

Click Hamilton wrote:
I may not be the best photog but 'average' people as you call it don't get paid what I do.

Seeing that you brought it up... OK, what is your day rate for what you do?

aref

still waiting.... or do you just throw out these one liners, then decide that your big rate is top secret?

The main point here is that you think that  yours is the standard we should all work by in so far as what is a good model and good photographer.

Added to that, you have decided other people cannot have an opinion that differs from your taste, and express it.

Your generalizations are so suburban, yet you think you are so cosmopolitan.

What is funny to me, is that I do not see any work by you that would put you so high up. OK so you have shot a look book... um BIG DEAL...it is not even a very good one compared to the look books I see here in NY, and lord knows, look books are THE VERY BOTTOM of the fashion ladder, just above a piad test.

Get off your high horse buddy, you're just not that hot to be saying who should say what to whom,

OK?

And if your just stirring the pot..... YAWN... go practice you're lighting and direction. you need it.

May 27 06 08:22 am Link

Model

Jane Weiss

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

hey i have an average face and an average body but i like them both smile

i don't get bullshit comments but i reckon if i give it time (i'm new here) i might get a few... i got a friend request from someone who only shoots glamour and fitness... now that was wacky i was like huh? are you joking? ... i said yes so you can see the type of models he shoots... then you can see me hmm it sure was weird...

but my point... sometimes an average body and an average face works. well it works for me smile and somehow i manage to get paid for what i do which is bizarre... but a major plus.

I don't think i'd be the kind of person to give bullshit tags/image comments ... i generally only comment if someone has asked my opinion... other wise i feel i could everstep the mark and say things they dont want to hear (for example a lot of people are 'models' for an ego boost... they like the idea of a photographer approaching them to shoot but don't need to go all out and actually do the work).

i think i've said enough smile good topic though

Sian

May 27 06 08:33 am Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

aref wrote:

aref wrote:

Michael Kirst wrote:

Click Hamilton wrote:
I may not be the best photog but 'average' people as you call it don't get paid what I do.

Seeing that you brought it up... OK, what is your day rate for what you do?

aref

still waiting.... or do you just throw out these one liners, then decide that your big rate is top secret?

The main point here is that you think that  yours is the standard we should all work by in so far as what is a good model and good photographer.

Added to that, you have decided other people cannot have an opinion that differs from your taste, and express it.

Your generalizations are so suburban, yet you think you are so cosmopolitan.

What is funny to me, is that I do not see any work by you that would put you so high up. OK so you have shot a look book... um BIG DEAL...it is not even a very good one compared to the look books I see here in NY, and lord knows, look books are THE VERY BOTTOM of the fashion ladder, just above a piad test.

Get off your high horse buddy, you're just not that hot to be saying who should say what to whom,

OK?

And if your just stirring the pot..... YAWN... go practice you're lighting and direction. you need it.

Fantasy boy....sit.

I don't need to waste the time or effort with you. And furthermore anything we say to one another is a forum on the internet don't mean shit.

Anytime your out in L.A. and want to man up and discuss this face to face, I will be more than happy to oblige. Fool

May 27 06 11:46 am Link