Forums > General Industry > Are you F'n kidding me here?....

Photographer

Wolf 189

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Michael Kirst wrote:

LOL!!! Hey what the client wants the client gets....

You said: "The models in your MM port are way above the quality of your work...blah blah blah....average shots, flat lightings and boring/typical poses...blah blah blah" pretty much.

Well when you're shooting for a lookbook and the client wants it a certain way then I guess...yes you are stuck with all that shit you just said. But the client being very happy along with the 'long legged' models and getting paid $2,650.00 at the end of an 8 hour day.....well I guess I just don't mind that kind of critique!

You said: "Unless of course your cousin or a friend of yours is the art director...."

Hey I wish I had a cousin who owned 2 national clothing companies....that would be sweet except that I probably wouldn't get paid the same amount.

But hey thanks for the kind word on the little boy!!
MK

LOL

Sounds like those clients have pretty low standards! smile

blah blah blah!

Cheers

Wolf

May 25 06 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

aref

New York, New York, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
Welcome to the Internet

Good morning OP

You have just stepped out of your safe little world of agency modeling, and into the big bad world on internet photography. There are no rules here, a girl who is 5’ 1â€? in 4â€? stiletto heals can get paid work from photographers, so can a girl who is bigger than a size 4. The typical agency rules don’t apply to us anymore. Sorry about that, in just a few days your in box will be filled with silly little girls with crappy web cam photos saying they love your work, yet you need to pay 150.00 an hour to shoot them. Not to make it too complicated there are several different camps of people all colliding on this site:

Agency models and photographers = work for clients and have a set of standards
Artist models and photographers = work for art and the chance to be in the galleries.
Amateur models and photographers = work to learn some of these guys and girls will move up and do some great work in the above categories.
GWP and GWC = it’s all about the b(o)(o)bies.

Welcome to our world…………………………………………..wink

If you spent less time critiquing others and complaining, you would have more time to improve your own craft.

WWW in a nutshell

well done!

May 25 06 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

Wolf189 wrote:
LOL

Sounds like those clients have pretty low standards! smile

blah blah blah!

Cheers

Wolf

That must be why they chose me over you....blah blah blah
Cheers right back at ya

pffft...

May 25 06 07:55 pm Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

I love these kinds of threads smile

May 25 06 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Michael Kirst wrote:
To the guy who takes pictures of the homeless guy.......and nothing else apparently...I don't remember stating in my original post that MY pics WERE something special ..or did I just miss that? Also I think due to the overwhelming response from intelligent ppl on here that I made my point just fine....
MK

Michael, hold on a minute. You are being so arrogant and dense that you missed my point.

You shovel out rude crap with a pea-brain condescending attitude to the people who you think are beneath you. Then you can't take even mild criticism from me or the post from Wolf189 just before your response to me.

Let me spell it out. You are average. You are not God. By the quality of your own work, you have no right to ridicule people who love what they do and who are learning. You have no right bitching about nice comments in the portfolios of people you think are like crap on the bottom of your shoe.

I'm simply defending the kind people you are spitting on with your idiotic rant.

Is that more clear? We are all in this together. We all have our dreams and aspirations. We all have as much right to making and presenting the best photos we can, at whatever level we are. We are kindred spirits and should help each other gain knowledge, practice our skills and open doors of opportunity.

For the record, that "homeless guy" is me, Click Hamilton.
I'm far from homeless.

The Legendary "Click" Ham Hamilton III, Esq.
www.pbase.com/click_hamilton

May 25 06 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Click Hamilton wrote:

Michael, hold on a minute. You are being so arrogant and dense that you missed my point.

You shovel out rude crap with a pea-brain condescending attitude to the people who you think are beneath you. Then you can't take even mild criticism from me or the post from Wolf189 just before your response to me.

Let me spell it out. You are average. You are not God. You have no right to ridicule people who love what they do and who are learning. You have no right bitching about nice comments in the portfolios of people you think are like crap on the bottom of your shoe.

I'm simply defending the kind people you are spitting on with your idiotic rant.

Is that more clear? We are all in this together. We all have our dreams and aspirations. We all have as much right to making and presenting the best photos we can, at whatever level we are. We are kindred spirits and should help each other gain knowledge, practice our skills and open doors of opportunity.

I'm far from homeless.

May 25 06 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

aref

New York, New York, US

Click H,

Spoken like a gentleman and a scholar.

May 25 06 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Click Hamilton wrote:

You shovel out rude crap with a pea-brain condescending attitude to the people who you think are beneath you. Then you can't take even mild criticism from me or the post just before your response to me.

Let me spell it out. You are average. You are not God. You have no right to ridicule people who love what they do and who are learning. You have no right bitching about nice comments in the portfolios of people you think are like crap on the bottom of your shoe.

I'm far from homeless.

See below

May 25 06 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Click Hamilton wrote:

You shovel out rude crap with a pea-brain condescending attitude to the people who you think are beneath you. Then you can't take even mild criticism from me or the post just before your response to me.

I'm far from homeless.

First of all if your the guy....then who's taken the pics for YOUR MM page?? Second, this post was never about ranting on people that I think are beneath me. Sounds to me like your the guy who can't take 'simple' criticisms. When did I spit on anyone? Or riducule?

And for the record...I still live in a free country and have the right to do whatever the fuck I want. And just for the record...how do you know that I'm not God? Have you ever met him?

Jeeeeeesus...lighten up dude...your gonna bust a nut smile It's called a forum for a reason...If you don't like it...go look at the "what's the difference between Canon and Nikon" posts. I may not be the best photog but 'average' people as you call it don't get paid what I do.

May 25 06 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

aref wrote:
Click H,

Spoken like a gentleman and a scholar.

Tee-hee

::blush::

May 25 06 08:16 pm Link

Model

Schwarz

Des Moines, Iowa, US

theda wrote:
Sucking is not against the rules. Let the economic Darwinism deal with it.

haha. ill have to remember that one. You should put that on a tshirt or something.

May 25 06 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Michael Kirst wrote:
I just looked at a port that had a model with an average body and the face ONLY a mother could love. I have seen some of my fellow photographers with ports that have pics that look as if they handed the camera to a 5 year old to get the shot........and when I read the tags on their MM page they have nothing but PRAISES!!?! What gives?

Now I know what you're thinking..... some of you are probably thinking that 'art' is a very subjective thing and beauty comes in many forms, but seriously folks.. a lot of these people ask for critiques and we blow smoke right up there butts!!

Now I am not a mean person by nature and when I come across someones work (or face) that I find seriously damaging to my psyche I just don't say anything. I certainly don't hop on the 'ol tag line and start singing a bunch of bullsh*t praises!

Do you think this sort of thing goes on a little much here? I am interested to get my fellow MM'rs views on this one....
bring on the hate mail!!!

May 25 06 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Karen Roberts

Oxford, England, United Kingdom

The defiition of model is Soooo stretched out  these days ....(none of  my subjects consider themselves models)    but  can do a darn site  better than some ........so   come up with some other names if you can ..This  is an open invitation to all!!!!

May 25 06 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

aref

New York, New York, US

Michael Kirst wrote:

Click Hamilton wrote:
I may not be the best photog but 'average' people as you call it don't get paid what I do.

Seeing that you brought it up... OK, what is your day rate for what you do?

aref

May 25 06 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Wolf 189

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Michael Kirst wrote:
That must be why they chose me over you....blah blah blah
Cheers right back at ya

pffft...

You are so funny!
I wonder when did I apply for the job?!!
What ever makes you happy!...Dream on!

May 25 06 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Michael Kirst wrote:
First of all if your the guy....then who's taken the pics for YOUR MM page??

this post was never about ranting on people that I think are beneath me.
When did I spit on anyone?
Or riducule?
I have the right to do whatever the fuck I want.
Jeeeeeesus...lighten up dude...your gonna bust a nut

'average' people as you call it don't get paid what I do.

LMAO

May 25 06 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Michael, picture something in your mind for a moment, Mona Lisa, by far one of the "Faces only a mother could love", as you put it. Now ,agreeably she wasn't
the best looking woman  created, however, seen by many millions in past and many more in the future, she has been "tagged", oh she's Beautiful,Striking,Etc.
My point is, they blew smoke up her ass too, and damn it, there are people today still puffing white ploomy smoke up her as we speak, you think an internet community should be different? This was in no way to degrade Mona Lisa,afterall she is a piece of treasured history.
  Does it really matter to you that much, what others say about others, if i get any more smoke up my ass, i'll need a catalytic converter and an oxygen sensor
so as not to pollute the enviroment(lol). Really do your thing, it really doesn't matter in the end.

My .09 cts worth of "White Ploomy Smoke"

May 25 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

JBPhoto

Belleville, Michigan, US

I don't want smoke blown up my ass, it will just come out my ears.

May 25 06 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

When the smoke is used, is it Nitrogen?(lmao)

May 25 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Stir baby STIRRRR!!!!! I love it.

May 25 06 11:51 pm Link

Photographer

Moezart

yup lot of as kissing & people wanting to get in some panties lmao

May 25 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Moezart

yup lot of ass kissing & people wanting to get in some panties lmao

May 25 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Click Hamilton wrote:

Tee-hee

::blush::

Get a room you 2

May 25 06 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

This thread got SOOOOO funny..

May 26 06 12:04 am Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

WG Rowland wrote:
This thread got SOOOOO funny..

I know...it really has come full circle...I love it all

May 26 06 12:06 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Michael Kirst wrote:
I know...it really has come full circle...I love it all

You'd have to look at my port to know who I'm laughing at..

But it's really not about what causes the laughter.. Laughter is its own reward..

May 26 06 12:08 am Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

WG Rowland wrote:

You'd have to look at my port to know who I'm laughing at..

But it's really not about what causes the laughter.. Laughter is its own reward..

LMAO ..So your the one...tee hee BEAUTIFUL!!

May 26 06 12:13 am Link

Model

MELissaMOORE

Fairfield, California, US

OMG when I ask for critique I always seem to get torn apart, sometimes I get alittle touchy about it, other days I could really give a shit and don't take it personal.
Kisses,
MEL

May 26 06 12:16 am Link

Model

Natalia McCarty

REGO PARK, New York, US

I'm probably gonna get shit on by typing here but Im just putting my two cents no need to get wound up anyone:

I am an amateur. Im beyond an amateur, I dont even WANT to be a professional model. Im not stupid, I know I dont have what it takes I am A BIG GIRL butI love art. I love artistic photography. I enjoy looking at it and enjoy being a part of it. Thats not to say I dont believe plus sized woman cant be perceived as beautiful. I am also an aspiring actress and musician and figured that pictures would help. That being said I can say I DO have camera phone pics on here because the bottom line is I dont have many other pics and when you apply for this site it needs certain pictures. When I first got on here thats ALL I had. It was pretty pathetic.

Now Im not speaking for everyone on here I KNOW there are people who have these pics and think they are the shit and are gonna make it in the modeling industry I dont fool myself however. I do this because its a great hobby hence the reason I ask for TFP or TFCD work mainly. Trust me once I have some more pics I shall be ridding my profile of the camera phone pics. Im just saying take that into consideration for some people on here. That maybe its all that have for the time being and theyre looking for better pics.

As far as everyone thinking they can be a model these days. Well, yes there are many who think they are fucking Gods gift but some people are in it for the avant guard photos, the gruesome, the funny pics, etc thats why the site is for everyone I guess.

I DO however agree on the ass kissing comments. I know quite a few who just want to get laid and its ridiculous and a waste of time. I dont condone it. I want honest opinions and critiques Its nice to get good compliments but legit ones. I have one comment on a camera phone pic and as flattered as i am it just makes no sense to me its a camera phone pic of my face thats all. I agree that alot of people ass kiss on this site and no one learns that way. They just get blinded and jaded.

May 26 06 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Mistie Dawn Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

OH yeah the job of blowin smoke up peoples asses has been a regular thing since this site started..Ive been here a long time and its just honestly what MM does..and trust me there are some..OMG WTF is that's on here..and I generally wont say anything..but we seriously need to stop telling people their awesome when they clearly arent..and never will be..a good dose of reality is always good for people that way they dont waste their time on something that never will be.

May 26 06 12:26 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Fog Images wrote:
OH yeah the job of blowin smoke up peoples asses has been a regular thing since this site started..Ive been here a long time and its just honestly what MM does..and trust me there are some..OMG WTF is that's on here..and I generally wont say anything..but we seriously need to stop telling people their awesome when they clearly arent..and never will be..a good dose of reality is always good for people that way they dont waste their time on something that never will be.

I think that way sometimes.. Then again..  What most of these people here are "aspiring" to is an industry that's blown smoke up it's own ass for so long that they believe their own hype..

And most often the sobering moment is when someone who's work I'm not impressed with, comes along and points out how someone else REALLY shouldn't be here.. 

That usually reminds me of the fact that opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and no one wants to see them... and my temporary bubble of hubris pops and I go about my merry way..

p.s.

(Mainly because you're likely to assume I'm crapping on your work)..  I really like some of the post stuff you've done, and would like to know what went into it..

I'm off to go stand in line for over an hour with a bunch of nerds (who will all most likely be younger and cooler than I am) to see a movie I only have a passing interest in because I could have sworn the ticket said 12 noon and not 12 midnight..

May 26 06 12:41 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

MM is a little like life: Almost everybody is a somebody to someone, and the most respected are not always the most popular.

May 26 06 12:42 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Tom Tesarik Photography wrote:
your luck you are across the country or I would have to kick your a$$, that is a picture that my 6yo son took of my wife smile

WOW I cant wait to see more of his work!!!
it's just so edgy & different!! and has fascinating composition with really striking approach to lighting!!!

The chimp looks great too!

May 26 06 01:08 am Link

Photographer

Adams Photography

Eufaula, Alabama, US

There is a lot of a$$ kissing I think. I shoot for myself and I will help a model work on his/her book if asked. I don't ask people what they think of my work, because as I said, I do it for ME. NOW ... I love to look at other peoples ports and I leave comments when I see something I like, but I DON'T expect them to tag me back just because I posted a comment, but that is what people do.  Some people, for whatever reason decide "Hey, I'm gonna be a model " and they go around telling everyone that they are a model when in reality, they could make a great deal of money haunting houses for a living.I had a photography business. I shot sports,weddings,parties, pageants and all that and I HATED it. I shoot things I WANT to shoot now and I love it. It doesn't mean I'm great at what I do, I just enjoy it now.

May 26 06 01:29 am Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Natalia McCarty wrote:
I'm probably gonna get shit on by typing here but Im just putting my two cents no need to get wound up anyone:

I am an amateur. Im beyond an amateur, I dont even WANT to be a professional model. Im not stupid, I know I dont have what it takes I am A BIG GIRL butI love art. I love artistic photography. I enjoy looking at it and enjoy being a part of it. Thats not to say I dont believe plus sized woman cant be perceived as beautiful. I am also an aspiring actress and musician and figured that pictures would help. That being said I can say I DO have camera phone pics on here because the bottom line is I dont have many other pics and when you apply for this site it needs certain pictures. When I first got on here thats ALL I had. It was pretty pathetic.

Now Im not speaking for everyone on here I KNOW there are people who have these pics and think they are the shit and are gonna make it in the modeling industry I dont fool myself however. I do this because its a great hobby hence the reason I ask for TFP or TFCD work mainly. Trust me once I have some more pics I shall be ridding my profile of the camera phone pics. Im just saying take that into consideration for some people on here. That maybe its all that have for the time being and theyre looking for better pics.

As far as everyone thinking they can be a model these days. Well, yes there are many who think they are fucking Gods gift but some people are in it for the avant guard photos, the gruesome, the funny pics, etc thats why the site is for everyone I guess.

I DO however agree on the ass kissing comments. I know quite a few who just want to get laid and its ridiculous and a waste of time. I dont condone it. I want honest opinions and critiques Its nice to get good compliments but legit ones. I have one comment on a camera phone pic and as flattered as i am it just makes no sense to me its a camera phone pic of my face thats all. I agree that alot of people ass kiss on this site and no one learns that way. They just get blinded and jaded.

This young lady actually had someting poignant to say and, of course, nobody addresses it....

May 26 06 01:41 am Link

Model

Natalia McCarty

REGO PARK, New York, US

T H Taylor wrote:
This young lady actually had someting poignant to say and, of course, nobody addresses it....

Thanks T H

May 26 06 03:43 am Link

Photographer

aref

New York, New York, US

I agree.

aref

May 26 06 06:59 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Michael Kirst wrote:
Stir baby STIRRRR!!!!! I love it.

I'm not your baby

Click Hamilton

https://mishami.image.pbase.com/o4/94/490594/1/60786144.200605210283w.jpg

May 26 06 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Click Hamilton wrote:

I'm not your baby

Your absolutly right clicky.....Your my BITCH!!!! smile

May 26 06 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

T H Taylor wrote:

So address it TH.

May 26 06 12:40 pm Link