Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Star Child wrote:
anybody got a WIN they'd like to mention?

Okay, I'll offer up one. 

Yesterday I went in to see my psychiatrist. Came away with filled out forms needed to send in for Prescription Assistance Program, enough samples of my prescription to carry me through until the assistance provided medicine gets in as well as an emergency back up prescription in case it's needed between now and then.

With my meds back in me I woke this morning clear headed and energized. Just a little something to be thankful about.

Dec 04 09 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Star Child wrote:
Okay, I'll offer up one. 

Yesterday I went in to see my psychiatrist. Came away with filled out forms needed to send in for Prescription Assistance Program, enough samples of my prescription to carry me through until the assistance provided medicine gets in as well as an emergency back up prescription in case it's needed between now and then.

With my meds back in me I woke this morning clear headed and energized. Just a little something to be thankful about.

smile

I guess my WIN is that I've stayed out of SF2 for a few days now. That place stresses me out. sad

Dec 04 09 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

smile

I guess my WIN is that I've stayed out of SF2 for a few days now. That place stresses me out. sad

I can understand. I finally gave up and backed way off. But I don't find the industry forums enjoyable.

Dec 05 09 10:13 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

I can understand. I finally gave up and backed way off. But I don't find the industry forums enjoyable.

I'm OK in the Retouching/Digital Art Forum. Otherwise, same here. I'll go in Critiques and offer up some silly critiques now and then when I get bored or let people slam my crap. big_smile

Dec 05 09 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

I haven't been in SF2 for months.

Dec 05 09 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Sierra Vista, Arizona, US

LegacyMobileStudio wrote:

I hope you don't mind me asking... I barely know about OCD- can you describe what the hardest thing is about it?

Thanks for taking a moment to educate me.

It's hard to live with. I have it as well. Everything has to be done a certain way, sometimes several times. I try to force my self to ignore things, but it drives me nuts so I get up and get rid of the tiny speck of dust or I can't go to sleep.  I have even gotten 10 miles away from my house and turned around, went back, just to make sure I locked the door even though I knew I had locked it.

Everything is in threes for me...threes times for everything.

Dec 05 09 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Scottsworld71 wrote:

I do my best to avoid it altogether. My mom keeps asking me what I want and over and over ive explained that the best thing she could do would be to finally respect my wishes and quit bugging me about a holiday that I dont like to celebrate anymore. Each time she asks me "WHY?" and I so sick of trying to explain myself when she wont even attempt to understand.
I used to be very close to my family, then some shit happened and some horrible lies were told about me ( by a family member ) and no one else in my family was willing to stand up and have my back. Now im the bad guy because I defended myself against the people telling these stories instead of "just letting it go and be part of the family again" So now any kind of family gathering make me extremely uncomfortable even though the people who started the trouble arent present, if theyre going to be there, then I refuse to be under the same roof for any reason. blah

Have you ever read the book "Toxic Parents" by Susan Forward? It's an old book, but you might be able to find it on Amazon.  It became my Bible when I was going through boundary issues with my family years ago. It really works.

Dec 05 09 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Dannielle Levan wrote:

One of the reasons I don't like it there as much.

Dec 05 09 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Taboo Nudes wrote:

It's hard to live with. I have it as well. Everything has to be done a certain way, sometimes several times. I try to force my self to ignore things, but it drives me nuts so I get up and get rid of the tiny speck of dust or I can't go to sleep.  I have even gotten 10 miles away from my house and turned around, went back, just to make sure I locked the door even though I knew I had locked it.

Everything is in threes for me...threes times for everything.

I guess I can say I have a slight OCD. When I go up steps, I count. I always start with my left foot and end with my right. I'll sometimes skip a step if I have to just so I do end on my right. I don't like prime numbers of anything because they can't be lined up in even rows. Squares are my favorite....same number of rows as columns.

Dec 05 09 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Anyone with WIN's?

Dec 05 09 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

Me too. It just seems different anymore. Like it isn't a friendly gathering place, but a members only social club.

Dannielle isn't there, you aren't there, SPierce left...no real reason for me to be there.

Dec 05 09 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:
Anyone with WIN's?

I spent a lot less than I expected at the grocery store today and got more than I went for.

Not a big WIN, but it's a win. smile

Dec 05 09 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Me too. It just seems different anymore. Like it isn't a friendly gathering place, but a members only social club.

Dannielle isn't there, you aren't there, SPierce left...no real reason for me to be there.

I don't get the feeling of support there anymore. It just seems like folks are just hangin' around waitin' for the next dancer to come show her tits. There's a reason people join MM, but it doesn't seem as if anyone cares or supports anyone for creating pictures and stuff. All they seem to want to do is have some lady get naked and act pervy.
(then they bitch about GWC's)
That's just not fun to me. It's boring and it's hypocritical. MM is full of cliques. SF2 is no different. So I tend to ignore that, but all the folks of my clique have gotten tired of the H.S. attitudes and moved on. So much boredom.
Anyway /mini-rant

Saved on groceries is a win anyway you look at it.  Which reminds me, I need to go get some.

Dec 05 09 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

I guess I can say I have a slight OCD. When I go up steps, I count. I always start with my left foot and end with my right. I'll sometimes skip a step if I have to just so I do end on my right. I don't like prime numbers of anything because they can't be lined up in even rows. Squares are my favorite....same number of rows as columns.

If it's something you feel compelled to do repetitively then, yes, it's OCD.  We just learn to live with it.

Dec 05 09 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Dannielle Levan wrote:

I never go into SF2...it just seems pointless.

I do like to engage in the religious debates in SB though. It's entertaining and takes my mind off of things.

Dec 05 09 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Taboo Nudes wrote:

I never go into SF2...it just seems pointless.

I do like to engage in the religious debates in SB though. It's entertaining and takes my mind off of things.

SF2 is about friendly and fun chatter. Although, things have been better there's no criteria for heavy handed debate and it's not supposed to be a hostile atmosphere.
Mostly it's supposed to be OT without structured discussion.

Me, personally I like to be about fun times and making people feel good. I would like to spend more time in the industry forums, but I find most of the discussions to be 20% BS 20% invalid or ignorantly repeated information, 20% completely irrelevant content and 30% ego thumpin.' That's 90% waste I don't care to wade through just to find 10% useful information. I'm not that patient.
I post mostly in OT and primarily in SF2 because it's mostly just messin' around. I figure it makes more sense to have a point of messin' around as to be tryin' to pretend to have anything other than bs to add to a conversation. 

Soapbox is like trying to have a discussion about sports while standing in the middle of a cage full of screaming monkeys.  I ain't entertained that way.

So SF2 is cool or can be cool.

Dec 06 09 12:33 am Link

Photographer

Obscuri

Dallas, Texas, US

another sleepless night i am going to give in and get my meds going again oh what i would give to have a normal life.

Dec 06 09 01:23 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

I don't get the feeling of support there anymore. It just seems like folks are just hangin' around waitin' for the next dancer to come show her tits. There's a reason people join MM, but it doesn't seem as if anyone cares or supports anyone for creating pictures and stuff. All they seem to want to do is have some lady get naked and act pervy.
(then they bitch about GWC's)
That's just not fun to me. It's boring and it's hypocritical. MM is full of cliques. SF2 is no different. So I tend to ignore that, but all the folks of my clique have gotten tired of the H.S. attitudes and moved on. So much boredom.
Anyway /mini-rant

Saved on groceries is a win anyway you look at it.  Which reminds me, I need to go get some.

That's the same exact feeling I've been getting. A few of the models I've shot with who are semi-active on the forums feel the same way.

My take on it: If you're a model who shows her tits or a photographer who has shot one of those models or really crass and pervy, you're in the clique. Otherwise, you're an outsider. Reminds me of high school all over again. There's a reason I don't go to my reunions.

Maybe we outsiders should ask for our own Forum. lol

Dec 06 09 08:08 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Derek Mick wrote:
another sleepless night i am going to give in and get my meds going again oh what i would give to have a normal life.

smile

Dec 06 09 08:10 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

SOS is anyone out there? I need to talk stat. Please, anyone, pm me.

Dec 06 09 03:24 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Dec 06 09 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Natasha240 wrote:

PM sent.

Dec 06 09 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:

you've got a voicemail from me

Dec 06 09 04:12 pm Link

Model

Natasha240

Thank you both, you are lifesavers.

Dec 06 09 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

This is the time of year when this thread is most important for our sanity. 

This time of the year has been slowly losing it's pleasure, luster, or appeal ... I have to admit, I just don't enjoy Christmas like I used to.  I don't know if it is the commercialization of the holiday, or the loss of loved ones like John Lennon and my dad who enjoyed the Christmas season greatly .... but it's not the same anymore. 
So lately ... every year I put on a brave face and say "Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings!" but don't feel anything special about it.  The Spring is my favorite time of year.  Maybe it's because I like starting new things, projects or adventures?  Maybe it's because I'm a Spring baby?  Whatever!  But I will not beat myself up over having lost the "spirit" of Christmas.  I do keep some hope that I will find it again someday.  It is out there, right?   Anyone else feel the same?

Dec 06 09 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

This time of the year has been slowly losing it's pleasure, luster, or appeal ... I have to admit, I just don't enjoy Christmas like I used to.  I don't know if it is the commercialization of the holiday, or the loss of loved ones like John Lennon and my dad who enjoyed the Christmas season greatly .... but it's not the same anymore.  Anyone else feel the same way?

So lately ... every year I put on a brave face and say "Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings!" but don't feel anything special about it.  The Spring is my favorite time of year.  Maybe it's because I like starting new things, projects or adventures?  Maybe it's because I'm a Spring baby?  Whatever!  But I will not beat myself up over having lost the "spirit" of Christmas.  I do keep some hope that I will find it again someday.  It is out there, right?

This is also the time of year that Seasonal Affective Disorder peaks.  Have you tried a sunlamp?  I've found them to be godsends.

Dec 06 09 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Lawrence Guy wrote:
This is also the time of year that Seasonal Affective Disorder peaks.  Have you tried a sunlamp?  I've found them to be godsends.

Well it's funny, but I live in California, so I do try to get about 10 minutes of sun every day ... but no more than that because I'm susceptible to skin cancer.   What you mention is important though.  It's not severe enough to warrant medical help, I am and always have been fairly consistent emotionally.  I've never suffered from severe depression myself, but have had close friends who have.  Your message is important enough to repeat!

Dec 06 09 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Natasha240 wrote:
Thank you both, you are lifesavers.

smile
This thread is what keeps me on MM

Dec 06 09 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

smile
This thread is what keeps me on MM

Me too. If not for this thread, I would have deleted my profile weeks ago.

It's just too important to me to walk away from.

And thank you for all the kind comments, Kevin. That made my day.

Dec 06 09 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Me too. If not for this thread, I would have deleted my profile weeks ago.

It's just too important to me to walk away from.

And thank you for all the kind comments, Kevin. That made my day.

Mike, people like you who have helped to keep this thread going.... y'all have made a huge difference. Natasha needed a place to turn to today. Guy was here. He contacted me. We were able to help.
This is what it's all about y'all. Helping people.
Of all the things I've seen on MM, this thread is one of the greatest things to ever happen. smile

Edit: PS - You're more than welcome. I was just being honest.

Dec 06 09 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Scottsworld71

Mount Vernon, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

This time of the year has been slowly losing it's pleasure, luster, or appeal ... I have to admit, I just don't enjoy Christmas like I used to.  I don't know if it is the commercialization of the holiday, or the loss of loved ones like John Lennon and my dad who enjoyed the Christmas season greatly .... but it's not the same anymore. 
So lately ... every year I put on a brave face and say "Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings!" but don't feel anything special about it.  The Spring is my favorite time of year.  Maybe it's because I like starting new things, projects or adventures?  Maybe it's because I'm a Spring baby?  Whatever!  But I will not beat myself up over having lost the "spirit" of Christmas.  I do keep some hope that I will find it again someday.  It is out there, right?   Anyone else feel the same?

im so with you on this! I wish I could go to work that day, but nooooo, we're closed. Im probably going to grab some movies, my dvd player and head to a hotel to get away from everyone. I dont want to bring anyone else down on a day they enjoy so much

Dec 06 09 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Star Child wrote:

Star Child wrote:

Yeah, that's why i left.  It's too clique and i felt like i was on the fringes.  Really no point.

Dec 06 09 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Scottsworld71 wrote:

im so with you on this! I wish I could go to work that day, but nooooo, we're closed. Im probably going to grab some movies, my dvd player and head to a hotel to get away from everyone. I dont want to bring anyone else down on a day they enjoy so much

Work that day?  Me too!  lol  I'll probably be online posting in the forums here!

Dec 06 09 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

Scottsworld71

Mount Vernon, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Work that day?  Me too!  lol  I'll probably be online posting in the forums here!

I thought about taking my computer w/ me to the hotel room too just to see who all would be on lol

Dec 06 09 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Scottsworld71 wrote:
I thought about taking my computer w/ me to the hotel room too just to see who all would be on lol

Well the good thing about coming here is that it isn't exactly "work!"   lol

Because of that fact, we have a pass ... so meet you here Christmas day?

Dec 06 09 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Scottsworld71 wrote:

When I get to feeling like that one of the things I try to do is to give thanks for all the things I have.  That's not always the deal breaker, but it helps.

One of the issues we suffer with when it comes to depression is a loss of excitement over things that are good to us. So I try to remind myself by giving thanks.

A good example.  I just came back from the grocery store and getting gas in my car. I spent about $100 and I still gotta get up money to pay other living expense bills.  Thinking about that money issue is so depressing to me, but tonight I focused on thanks for having a full cabinet of food and groceries including two weeks supply of food for my babies and a full tank of gas in my old tank. Now this doesn't make want to do back flips, but it helps me keep from falling down.

Dec 06 09 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Dec 06 09 08:38 pm Link

Model

Solstice Rain

Davenport, Florida, US

Someone needs our desperate help. I know we've done it before. I'm in a position I can't do much. Someone please help me out here
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … age=1#last

Dec 07 09 04:53 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Solstice Rain wrote:
Someone needs our desperate help. I know we've done it before. I'm in a position I can't do much. Someone please help me out here
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … age=1#last

Sorry, I just got here. I read the thread. Are you sure he's doing OK? I'm not real far away from Mt Pocono and I think I've talked with him before on here. He's had a rough time of things and I wanted to help, but he didn't accept it.

I really think he needs to talk to a counselor or someone.

Dec 07 09 07:42 am Link

Model

Solstice Rain

Davenport, Florida, US

Sorry, I just got here. I read the thread. Are you sure he's doing OK? I'm not real far away from Mt Pocono and I think I've talked with him before on here. He's had a rough time of things and I wanted to help, but he didn't accept it.

I really think he needs to talk to a counselor or someone.

I think he would benefit from talking to someone as well, but at the moment, I don't see that as a real option for him. And if I'm the one he's reaching out to at the moment, I'm going to be that person for as long as he'll let me. You're right, he's been through a lot and I think too much else would be overwhelming at this point. But I can only offer so much advice and without breaking confidence, I can't get more suggestions.

Dec 07 09 07:51 am Link