Forums > General Industry > We're not here to give you FREE pictures

Model

Sexiest Carly

Los Angeles, California, US

A. H A M I L T O N wrote:
It might have to do with the fact that most of your images are nude or implied, and honestly, I can't fault them for saying, "Hey, I like your work, but you don't get to see my unclothed crotch for free!"

Call me old fashioned, but your work is art.  There is nothing portfolio building about it.  No model on this site needs what you do for their portfolio, if they want it for some reason and want to get naked for you for free, great.  If they don't, you should take your own advice and just move on.

Artists usually have to pay models to sit for them, don't kid yourself that it's some sort of insult for someone to want to work with you but require pay.  As a photographer, I do the same thing about 10 times per day, on average.  Not with models, but with clients in my market.  It's a compliment.

Andy

VERY nice response Andy. I completely agree.

Jan 12 07 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

l0stinsandieg0

Escondido, California, US

I get that sometime, I don't care whois right or wrong and who thinks what, I just hit "delete" and keep it simple. Gosh, my head hurts when I try to think....

Jan 12 07 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

edgymodels

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

do what i do. work with real top models like the ones i know and work with..
no more mm models for me unless there from the UK..

edgy models
edgymodels.com

Jan 13 07 12:09 am Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

00siris wrote:
There's a model who left me the following quote:
"I love your work - contact me for my rates" - WHAT !?!

hahahahaha sorry that really made me laugh.....LOL....

Jan 13 07 12:25 am Link

Photographer

JM-Photographics

Tacoma, Washington, US

Again, the horse is freggin dead.....dead I tell you...Drop the stick and back away from the dead horse.

Jan 13 07 12:28 am Link

Photographer

Shelby Rich

Vancouver, Washington, US

WOLF WILSON wrote:
I love it...   Great post.
Could not agree more.   Thanks for saying it.

Ditto!  Ya know...in the old days, it worked like this...pretty person wants to be a model, so, they find a good photographer, then they PAY that photographer to take pretty pictures, then they pound the pavement, and look for work!  Models would not even DREAM about asking a photographer for free pics, nor do they look to photographers to get paid.  When a Photographer is hired to do a particular job for a client, he/she is the one looking for the model and it's usually from an agent!
Most photographers on this site have ports built from PAYING customers.

A photographer will do tfp/cd usually only in a situation where they see someone they JUST HAVE TO SHOOT.  Look at the models on this site with stunning ports, they likely paid many of the photographers to get great work to promote themselves, then, they have agents who get them paying jobs.  It truly seems to be completely backwards on this site sometimes.

Jan 13 07 02:54 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

edgymodels wrote:
do what i do. work with real top llamas like the ones i know and work with..
no more mm llamas for me unless their from the UK..

edgy llamas
edgymodels.com

whoa -
really? What about Milan, Tokyo, Paris, New York, LA, etc.?
None from anywhere else?

WOW

Jan 13 07 07:53 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Chantelle Gascoigne wrote:

hahahahaha sorry that really made me laugh.....LOL....

me too, which, thus, promted this thread.
(I must admit, however, that my position has changed somewhat since this was authored)

Jan 13 07 02:28 pm Link