Forums > General Industry > The sin of the female nipple

Photographer

UIPHOTOS

Dayton, Ohio, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:

At what point did you stop?

It was my first topless beach, so I got dizzy after a couple dozen.. LMAO

But after that, I barely noticed the topless and nude women.. I found myself more fascinated by the skimpy bikinis.. Funny how exposure changes your view of things..

Dec 26 06 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Not Puerto Rico. Unfortunately I've never been there.
Puerto Peñasco is in México, in the Gulf of California. Puerto Vallarta is in the state of Jalisco, México.... and both on the West side of the country, while Puerto Rico is in the Caribbean Sea which is East of México.

Edit: I see you caught your error as I responded LOL

CantikFotos wrote:
Crooked cops in Puerto Rico?!?!?! I'm shocked. Simply shocked. ;^)

Dec 26 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

CantikFotos

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
Not Puerto Rico. Unfortunately I've never been there.
Puerto Peñasco is in México, in the Gulf of California. Puerto Vallarta is in the state of Jalisco, México.... and both on the West side of the country, while Puerto Rico is in the Caribbean Sea which is East of México.

Edit: I see you caught your error as I responded LOL

It's almost 3AM here.......LOL

Dec 26 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

Digiography wrote:
Come to Canada where female nipples have been decriminalized (ie. woman can go topless like men, remembering that 80% of the time it is too cold to go topless anyway.)

LMAO!! 

That is too true -having grown up in Montana - WAY too DAMN cold for much topless outside!!!

S

Dec 26 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

Vivus Denuo wrote:
I recall documentaries showing women in hunter-gatherer societies walking around topless and nothing is thought of it.  Breast-morality seems to arrive with agriculture and keeping domestic animals.  I wonder what that's about.

Exactly - how many guys are there over 30 that most likely say their first boobs in National Geographic?

S

Dec 26 06 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

LOL I've done that before too.

By the way, awesome images!!!

CantikFotos wrote:

It's almost 3AM here.......LOL

Dec 26 06 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Not me. I saw plenty of boobs with my aunts breast-feeding my younger cousins as I was growing up, and strangers feeding their kids in the bus or the parks...
Breasts are just another part of the body to be appreciated in it's aesthetics and function and not really sexual for me.

Purple Sea Enterprises wrote:

Exactly - how many guys are there over 30 that most likely say their first boobs in National Geographic?

S

Dec 26 06 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

WZ Photography

Squamish, British Columbia, Canada

Here in Ontario CANADA it's legal for women to go topless.  Not many do but, it's legal never the less.

WZ

Dec 26 06 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

House of DL

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Glenn Worton wrote:
You should live in Ontario - A couple of years back a young lady took a court challenge all the way to the Supreme Court - her argument - If men can go topless in public, the equal rights law says women can too - the Court agreed - so it is legal in Ontario for women to go topless in public - unfortunately few do -

Yes a big court case up here and the women won their right to do it - Men smiled and nothing happened after that!!!  All  it would take in the US is someone to also go the distance - go topless -get charged and take it to the top!!!  Anytakers???

Dec 26 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

J & X Photography

Arlington, Virginia, US

stephent wrote:
America's puritanical heritage pops up again.  Merged with the usual mix of politics, fear, greed, wvil, and honest concerns for real problems.   Annoying as all get out.

if everybody showed the nipple (like in seinfeld's famous nipple episode with elaine's scandalous xmas pic) then the mystique AND marketibility of it would diminish.

Having puritanical standards actually helps out the glamour industry by making it less accessible (that's my theory).

Kinda like the gov't keeping drugs illegal.  prisons and local law enforcement agencies would go out of business and your taxes might actually go down!

Dec 26 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Gems of Nature in N Atl

North Atlanta, Georgia, US

Ok, its time for this.......................
lets see the best MALE and FEMALE nipples.

Dec 26 06 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

JM-Photographics

Tacoma, Washington, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

our culture derived from folks sooo conservative the brits kicked them out in 1620...collectively..we are idiots...

The pilgrims were not really kicked out...they left because they wanted to set up a place to worship the way they wanted, without being killed. 

One could view it as a round about way of being kicked out...but they all had the desire to leave. 

I am just about done reading a booked called "Mayflower" by Nathaniel Phillbrick...it's a really good book.

Dec 26 06 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

shotbytim

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

It's probably because men "admire" female nipples more than women do male nipples.

Dec 26 06 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

shotbytim

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

Jeffrey Winner wrote:

The pilgrims were not really kicked out...they left because they wanted to set up a place to worship the way they wanted, without being killed. 

One could view it as a round about way of being kicked out...but they all had the desire to leave. 

I am just about done reading a booked called "Mayflower" by Nathaniel Phillbrick...it's a really good book.

The pilgrims were free to worship as they pleased where they settled temporarily in Holland. They decided to leave Holland, though because they couldn't be in charge there. The Dutch wouldn't change to suit them.

Dec 26 06 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Jeffrey Winner wrote:

And all these years I thought it was just their overwhelming desire to steal land and murder indigenous people.

Dec 26 06 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

JM-Photographics

Tacoma, Washington, US

shotbytim wrote:

The pilgrims were free to worship as they pleased where they settled temporarily in Holland. They decided to leave Holland, though because they couldn't be in charge there. The Dutch wouldn't change to suit them.

They were also disturbed that their children were becoming more and more Dutch...and eventhough Holland was more tolerant religiously, eventually violence errupted against them because of their religious practices. 

and...because they also couldn't be in charge...a point I totally agree with..

Dec 26 06 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

JM-Photographics

Tacoma, Washington, US

Serevende Photography wrote:

And all these years I thought it was just their overwhelming desire to steal land and murder indigenous people.

the 17th century was a black spot not only on the Puritans in New England, but other coutries as well that set up in the area...

I still feel ashamed for what happened...

Dec 26 06 02:39 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

ummm, how can you possibly live in a country ''for a long time'' and know ''nothing about it'' ?!?

are we talking about being kidnapped and trapped in a nipple farm or something!
forced to - err ''milk the land'' with no release - or what???

Dec 26 06 02:45 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
ummm, how can you possibly live in a country ''for a long time'' and know ''nothing about it'' ?!?

try asking a majority of American's to name the first 5 Presidents. I bet you they couldn't do it.

Dec 26 06 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

Jessalyn wrote:
try asking a majority of American's to name the first 5 Presidents. I bet you they couldn't do it.

or the last 5

Dec 26 06 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

jac3950

Freedom, New Hampshire, US

Purple Sea Enterprises wrote:

S

me!  LOL... it was either there or visit to the Metrolpolitan Museum of Art in NYC..

Dec 26 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Jessalyn wrote:

Does that really mean that they don't otherwise know a lot about the country they live in?

Glad to see you're back and are going to try to take this on again though. The thread was getting kinda weak without you. I expect you'll really get this moving again. :-)

Dec 26 06 02:56 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Serevende Photography wrote:

Does that really mean that they don't otherwise know a lot about the country they live in?

Glad to see you're back and are going to try to take this on again though. The thread was getting kinda weak without you. I expect you'll really get this moving again. :-)

it was just one example big_smile

don't temp me. tongue

Dec 26 06 02:57 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Jessalyn wrote:

ah, that would be the HISTORY of the country - yeah
something anyone could learn though, isn't it ... where ever they are

knowing about the country - knowing the experience of being there - the reality, the present day ... that's what we are talking about
no?
the culture and so on?
how everyone arund you believes acts and speaks etc
what matter's to them, how they spend their time, the facilities, how theytreat each other, dress, food, ideas, politics, charity, the ''mores'' in general
yes?
the news coverage, the music, the arts, the people - talking with as many as
you can / any where and when ever / how ever you can....
being there even aftre the novelty wears off

that's knowing the country i would say.
does any one agree?

I'm actually surprised how the nipples are covered here
and then you might still have some big old breast flopping or bulging out!!!
it's more 'obscene' to my eye, not less!

I was asking Americans about this last week. It seems very FRENCH
but more sensible to cover at least 50% of the whole breast
not just the nipple
or else cover the mens too - for looking like the womans!!!!

Dec 26 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

CantikFotos wrote:

I lived in the middle of a rice field in Bali, Indonesia for 2 years. Trust me, tribal societies are a hell of a lot more conservative than Kansas.

Aren't those "Tribes" Muslim? or Hindu? Any culture that has been indoctrinated in the mores of an outside "World" religion, can hardly be called purely authochthonous by any Anthropological standard.

You lived in a rice village in an isolated conservatively muslim dominated country that had its' culture twisted by centuries of very repressive Dutch Colonial rule. True traditional societies were far less prudish about the human body. The Shame based, Anti-feminine religions largely are the big three from the Middle East.

Dec 26 06 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

Jeff Marsh wrote:
Ok, its time for this.......................
lets see the best MALE and FEMALE nipples.

Well   sorry,  I'm so confused by this thread that  mine are currently well hidden behind my red satin holiday bra.  I may decide I need to wear it all the time.

Anjel Britt wrote:

It is true that one can sometimes be extremely fortunate to be kindapped by a lovely young lady who has an affection for tormenting the male nipple,  among other things.  She can kidnap me off to the farm anytime.

Dec 26 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Eric Haywood

I'll take a shot here.  I might get in trouble for this, but here goes:

Yes, there is a double standard.  Yes, it's a way of repressing women and their sexuality.  But there are two sides to every coin.  We can call it sexism, but on some level, shouldn't we also admit that it's a way of preserving the mystery of female sexuality?  And isn't that a good thing, from a survival-of-the-species standpoint?

I think someone posted earlier that if every woman walked around topless, then there'd be no stigma attached to it.  But I don't wanna live in that world.  The stigma can be very exciting, totally alluring, and creatively inspiring.  As a man, I don't want to see a female nipple and have the same ho-hum reaction that I have to seeing a male nipple.

So, although I don't accept the concept of "sin" as its usually defined, I say: Ladies, keep 'em selectively covered.  Save the mystery for special occasions.

Like today.  It's my birthday.  So if you need an excuse to show yours off...

Dec 26 06 05:08 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Sin City Dreams wrote:
I'll probably regret this post along the way, but here goes anyway! smile

Why is it that the female nipple is judged different than the male nipple?  Oh, I know it is at the 'point' of the lovely female breast, but it is perfectly acceptable to show 90% of the breast in most model photos and retain a general rating on model sites.   Show the female nipple and your photo is automatically judged as 18+.  Somehow this view of judging the female nipple as a "sin" or "adult" strikes me very wrong.

I've read and heard the usual rhetoric why it's an issue but seriously, is the female nipple obscene and the male nipple cool?   How is one allowed in public and the other not?  Why are male models judged different than female models, and female models consider it to be bad too?  For male models, it's considered a pose.  For female models, it's considered "nude"!   Is it a sin ladies?

Who wants to jump on this one?

--Rocky

Jump on this, Rocky:  my nude work at www.kathays.com (password:  nude)

Dec 26 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Jessalyn wrote:
no no, my comments weren't meant to be culture-centric, my comments were trying to show that "industrialized" countries aren't the only ones in the world. what I was getting at is there there are plenty of tribes across this world that are prefectly fine with nudity. I completely agree with what you said above. but the locations you mentioned (except for India which is up for debate on being "industrialized" since parts are and parts aren't) are "industrialized" countries.

and I love you Click, but I'm disappointed that you played the age card on me.

Jess, I'm not sure what you mean by "industrialized."

China and India are certainly 3rd world countries, if you want to venture beyond Shanghai and a couple of other cities.

What age card game? I didn't say anything about age. I just said you need to get out more into the real world.

My original purpose was to resist those who jump to the conclusion that the USA is so "puritanical" and so far behind enlightended  thought regarding nudity elsewhere.

Believe it or not, your are in the the most FREE and liberal (in the classic sense) country in the world, by far. By far.

I still like you though.

Regardless of your age.

Dec 26 06 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Jessalyn wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUP9Jm9SqvY

Our children are our future

Dec 26 06 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Sin City Dreams

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

KathyJean wrote:

Jump on this, Rocky:  my nude work at www.kathays.com (password:  nude)

Why thank you Kathy Jean!  smile

Dec 26 06 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Sin City Dreams wrote:

Why thank you Kathy Jean!  smile

Ha... I peeked too!

Dec 26 06 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Sin City Dreams

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
nipples by themselves are fine.

Once you attach a boob to a nipple you get banned in Kansas.

I like this statement to the fact that the boob attached to the nipple causes the censorship.   But, we as photographers and models are allowed to show the boob in photos sans nipple. On MM it doesn't warrant a moderator's nod.  Show the nipple and the ponderous "18+" comes out a-stamping!   Very ironic indeed!

Great thoughts everyone.  Keep it going.  lol

--Rocky

Dec 26 06 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
I've gone to Puerto Peñasco and Puerto Vallarta and shot nudes in the beach. The cops came by, I gave them a $100 bill and they gave me a password in case other officers came by and then he went on his way.

What the---?! 

Dude, what gives?  Aren't you going to share the password with the rest of us?

Dec 26 06 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Creativity Farm

Westville, New Jersey, US

Jessalyn wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUP9Jm9SqvY

Cute but that was an old Man Show bit (done by Adam Corolla and Jimmy Kimmel).

Dec 26 06 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

CantikFotos

Le Beck Photography wrote:

Aren't those "Tribes" Muslim? or Hindu? Any culture that has been indoctrinated in the mores of an outside "World" religion, can hardly be called purely authochthonous by any Anthropological standard.

The Balinese are Hindu and Indonesians commonly use the term "tribe" to describe their various ethnic groups.

You lived in a rice village in an isolated conservatively muslim dominated country.......

Indonesia is generally considered to be extremely moderate.

........that had its' culture twisted by centuries of very repressive Dutch Colonial rule.

The Dutch ruled Bali only about 50 years and (unlike other colonies) made a special effort not to change the local culture.

The Shame based, Anti-feminine religions largely are the big three from the Middle East.

Islam, Christianity and Judaism are considered to be Guilt based religions while Eastern religions such as Buddhism are Shame based. There's a big difference.

Dec 26 06 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

lotusphoto wrote:
female nipple does something

male nipple does nothing

Doug Vosler wrote:
Actually, my nipples do a lot for me, at least when a woman is playing with them.

lol, ain't that the truth!? lol smile

Dec 26 06 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

After reading through this lengthy thread, I have to ask if there is such a thing as "blue nipples"

Dec 26 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
After reading through this lengthy thread, I have to ask if there is such a thing as "blue nipples"

https://www.peddlerpusher.net/images/FR40291.jpg

Dec 26 06 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

thank you, Sir

In return, here's one from my nose collection:

https://i5.pbase.com/o6/94/490594/1/72194858.Tr839j3r.200408150217.jpg

Dec 26 06 11:31 pm Link