Forums > General Industry > Model Emergency - Update - Need MM Community Help

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Trevor Snyder wrote:
No one was injured in the making of this thread were they?

Well... it's only four pages long... there is still hope! Muhahahahaha!

Dec 21 06 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Avicdar wrote:

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:
You're not new here are you???

Yep. I just signed up yesterday.  big_smile

Holy shit man!  Over 400 posts in only one day!!!

Dec 21 06 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hamza wrote:
Holy shit man!  Over 400 posts in only one day!!!

Well, I wanna shirt.  big_smile

Dec 21 06 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Serevende Photography wrote:

Well... it's only four pages long... there is still hope! Muhahahahaha!

Ouch smile

Dec 21 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hamza wrote:
This is why I hate Christmas!  If you are going to help someone you should help someone regardless of what time of year it is.

For people to be "helpful" only during Christmas is hypocritical.

Ahhhh, this is something that bothers me as well, I get very upset with the local tv stations and grocery stores when they do their "holiday food drives" to help feed the hungry and homeless, I always ask the question, do we only have hungry and or homeless people during the holidays, why do they not do these food drives year round, or why doesnt the Salvation Army have the bell ringers out year round?

However, this is a different situation, Mr Behr had a friend in need, and of course, "A Friend in Need, Is a Friend Indeed"

< < Edit > >

Sorry, I guess that kind of shows my age

Dec 21 06 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

Leo Howard wrote:
Ahhhh, this is something that bothers me as well, I get very upset with the local tv stations and grocery stores when they do their "holiday food drives" to help feed the hungry and homeless, I always ask the question, do we only have hungry and or homeless people during the holidays, why do they not do these food drives year round, or why doesnt the Salvation Army have the bell ringers out year round?

However, this is a different situation, Mr Behr had a friend in need, and of course, "A Friend in Need, Is a Friend Indeed"

< < Edit > >

Sorry, I guess that kind of shows my age

There are 1000's of charities that run all year long that help children, homeless, cancer...etc. Do you give each month? I think it is great that people and stores do something over the holidays. It''s better than never

Dec 21 06 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thomas B wrote:
There are 1000's of charities that run all year long that help children, homeless, cancer...etc. Do you give each month?

That wasnt the point, the point was, the way the TV stations and the Grocery stores do it only during the holidays an make a grand spectical of it.

And yes, I do, I give every month, sometimes to the point that it hurts, I also give money to the people on the streets that are asking for help. < edit > however, this is a personal thing, and its wrong to ask another person if they give.

Dec 21 06 05:51 pm Link

Model

Brittney Harrington

Los Angeles, California, US

Hamza wrote:

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me...LMAO
I hope you feel like a big girl now that you have called me a name directly!

Nice of you to violate Rule #1

But who cares, I sure as fuck don't...

Keep that little mouth of yours closed before you get into more trouble and have to ask someone for help...

LMAO

I haven't violated any rules and I haven't called you any names! However, I am sorry for the one remark I did make in reference to feeling sorry for you, and hope you accept my apology. If you so wish, I will keep this 'little mouth shut' and hope you have a wonderful Holiday season and a happy new year!

All the best,
Britt

Dec 21 06 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Leo Howard wrote:

That wasnt the point, the point was, the way the TV stations and the Grocery stores do it only during the holidays an make a grand spectical of it.

And yes, I do, I give every month, sometimes to the point that it hurts, I also give money to the people on the streets that are asking for help.

Very cool...I was not saying you did not. It would be nice if everyone and every business could do it all year long but I think what they do is nice....they don't have to do it. Let the stores do it every year and let the rest of us take care of it during the non-holiday season (just gave my monthly bag of clothes to the Vietnam Vets this morning)

Dec 21 06 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thomas B wrote:
Very cool...I was not saying you did not. It would be nice if everyone and every business could do it all year long but I think what they do is nice....they don't have to do it. Let the stores do it every year and let the rest of us take care of it during the non-holiday season (just gave my monthly bag of clothes to the Vietnam Vets this morning)

What most people do not understand is, that if every person that could, would give $20/month, we could just about do away with homlessness and hunger.

>

As long as the government isnt in charge of handling it

Dec 21 06 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Leo Howard wrote:

What most people do not understand is, that if every person that could, would give $20/month, we could just about do away with homlessness and hunger.

>

As long as the government isnt in charge of handling it

I totally agree. I am starting a new landscape photography business (a gallery when I move to NY in about a year) and I am giving 10% of all sales to a few charities that mean something to me personally. Plus my wife does a lot wit children charities. If everyone did a little, problem would be solved....and I agree....for it to be successful the government would have to just let it be.

Dec 21 06 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Miguel Book 1

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I want to help to.
My credit cards are ready.
What do I do?

Britt, you are awesome and sweet.

Dec 21 06 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

Well it's not just because it's the holiday season, I'm sure if it wasn't people would still help out.

My tis the season to be bitchy...what I meant by it is...more people seem more bitchy during the holiday season than any other time.

Dec 21 06 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Brittney Harrington Jr. wrote:
I am sorry for the one remark I did make in reference to feeling sorry for you, and hope you accept my apology.

I will accept your apology how grown up of you!
LMAO

You're funny!!!

TooCoolQueeniee wrote:
My tis the season to be bitchy...what I meant by it is...more people seem more bitchy during the holiday season than any other time.

But that is only because of all the hypocracy during this time of year...

Dec 21 06 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

TooCoolQueeniee wrote:

This is true, people are under a lot more stress this time of year, stores are more crowded, traffic sucks, in some places its not only cold but nasty slushy snow all over the place, the kids want this that and the other, parents feel pressured that they have to buy all the latest and greatest gizzmo gadgets for their spoiled kids, so yea, I would think people are a bit more bitchy this time of year.

I think I read somewhere that the christmas season has one of the highest suicide rates of any other time of the year, I dont know if thats true, but I can certainly see how it could be.

Dec 21 06 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

Leo Howard wrote:

This is true, people are under a lot more stress this time of year, stores are more crowded, traffic sucks, in some places its not only cold but nasty slushy snow all over the place, the kids want this that and the other, parents feel pressured that they have to buy all the latest and greatest gizzmo gadgets for their spoiled kids, so yea, I would think people are a bit more bitchy this time of year.

I think I read somewhere that the christmas season has one of the highest suicide rates of any other time of the year, I dont know if thats true, but I can certainly see how it could be.

It is true it is the highest for suicide...which is sad.

Dec 21 06 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

Hamza wrote:

I am sorry for the one remark I did make in reference to feeling sorry for you, and hope you accept my apology.

I will accept your apology how grown up of you!
LMAO

You're funny!!!

But that is only because of all the hypocracy during this time of year...

No it's because of what's stated below you....stress stress stress.

Dec 21 06 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Leo Howard wrote:
I think I read somewhere that the christmas season has one of the highest suicide rates of any other time of the year.

I believe it's New Years...

On New Years Eve, people gather at the Brooklyn Bridge because at least one idiot jumps at midnight...

Dec 21 06 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/suicide.asp

well I guess we're all wrong.

But now I"m done talking in this thread cause it's gotten all off subject...

Dec 21 06 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

My Nephew is a firefighter there in Denver, and he said he would check in on her when he gets the chance, I phoned all the info to him, in case she needs anything, I love people who love people.....

Mac

Dec 21 06 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

That Look Photography

Clearwater, Florida, US

So is there still a need to help the girl out ? Please let me know what she needs .I see her room is paid for but I did not hear about food.

[email protected]

Mike

Dec 21 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

I haven't violated any rules and I haven't called you any names! However, I am sorry for the one remark I did make in reference to feeling sorry for you, and hope you accept my apology. If you so wish, I will keep this 'little mouth shut' and hope you have a wonderful Holiday season and a happy new year!

All the best,
Britt

Hamza,

I think you owe the lady an apology.

Rich

Dec 21 06 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Speaking of being stranded....now that it appears the 18 y.o. model is housed and fed, and if anyone is still filled with the sense of wanting to contribute...I highly suggest going to

http://anysoldier.com/WhereToSend/

There are a number of 18 and 19 year olds (older as well) in Iraq and Afghanistan would might like some goodies or a note even from home.    You don't have to be rich, stuff we take for granted here can be a luxury there.  And again, even a note to someone far away from home can be as worthwhile as food items or large sized handiwipes.

Dec 21 06 06:38 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

wow you guys have been busy since i left for work!

:::goes back to look over the new pages:::

Dec 21 06 06:40 pm Link

Model

Maya A Lelani

New York, New York, US

KM von Seidl wrote:
Speaking of being stranded....now that it appears the 18 y.o. model is housed and fed, and if anyone is still filled with the sense of wanting to contribute...I highly suggest going to

There are a number of 18 and 19 year olds (older as well) in Iraq and Afghanistan would might like some goodies or a note even from home.    You don't have to be rich, stuff we take for granted here can be a luxury there.  And again, even a note to someone far away from home can be as worthwhile as food items or large sized handiwipes.

Kudos.

Dec 21 06 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

HungryEye

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I am both heartened and saddened by the overwhelming response to this.

Heartened by Christian's efforts on a young model's behalf and the positive responses from those genuinely willing to assist his effort.

Saddened by the responses of individuals whose primary wish appears to be making every thread about themselves.

Christian Behr is one of America's top fashion photographers, and a man with a great level of respect within the industry for his talent and intelligence. Today's efforts reinforce his sense of charity and caring.

Let us all lift a glass to "Christian Charity..."

Brittney, I am glad you are taken care of and will have a good sleep. Congrats on what I hope will be a productive, if not memorable trip...;o)

To all the "Negative Nellies" in this thread: If you are not here to help, and you don't know the principal people... why do you need to contribute at all?

Dec 21 06 06:42 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

amen!!!

Dec 21 06 06:52 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Hamza wrote:

Such a hypocritical Christian statement to use around this time of year when you have nothing of meaning to say...  LMAO

*Note*
No offense to all the Christians in here that are Christian all year round!

You shout at me that I don't know you, what makes you the expert on me and my faith?

Again, I wish you peace...throughout the year. I hope that you can see what this season is truly about.

Dec 21 06 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

ChristianBehr

Miami Beach, Florida, US

For now, it seems that she's okay.  She's really deeply touched that so many people that have never met or talked to her, would reach out and save the day.

I can't help but admit that a couple times reading that people reached out - I got a little teary. 

I'm just happy that she's safe.

Dec 21 06 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

this thread shows that there are nice people here at MM. i am glad to see that most have posted are on my friend list. smile

let's make this a season of giving. if you can't give money, give love. cheers.

~leo

Dec 21 06 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

Wow. What a day to be rebuilding my computer. I read the previous thread and thought everything was already handled. I'd be happy to help, Christian, but apparently she now has everything she needs, including a ride to the airport when the snow clears.

For whoever said the airlines are responsible, and can afford it, well, no. First, they are not responsible for weather delays. As far as affording it, most US airlines are in or on the verge of bankruptcy, so they can't afford it.

I'm sure there are hotels at or near the airport, but it's not exactly like they were all completely empty in anticipation of a major winter storm, people were already staying there or already had reservations there. You can't jam 5,000 extra people into hotels that are already full.

Yeah, she could have slept on the floor at the airport like a lot of other people, but guess what, she has a good friend in Christian, and he helped. So did several other people here. Thanks to them all. Merry F-ing Christmas to the rest of you.

Dec 21 06 10:13 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

C David Stephens wrote:
I'm sure there are hotels at or near the airport, but it's not exactly like they were all completely empty in anticipation of a major winter storm, people were already staying there or already had reservations there. You can't jam 5,000 extra people into hotels that are already full.
\

yeah...and new orleans wasn't prepared for katrina.

denver knows what it's doing. they are used to this.

i'm happy she had help and i hope she gets home ok.

Dec 21 06 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

C David Stephens wrote:
Wow. What a day to be rebuilding my computer. I read the previous thread and thought everything was already handled. I'd be happy to help, Christian, but apparently she now has everything she needs, including a ride to the airport when the snow clears.

For whoever said the airlines are responsible, and can afford it, well, no. First, they are not responsible for weather delays. As far as affording it, most US airlines are in or on the verge of bankruptcy, so they can't afford it.

Yeah, she could have slept on the floor at the airport like a lot of other people, but guess what, she has a good friend in Christian, and he helped. So did several other people here. Thanks to them all. Merry F-ing Christmas to the rest of you.

She has a warm place to sleep and some friends willing to help her out, and that's what matters. Merry Christmas to everyone and may you spend it with people you love and enjoy.

Dec 21 06 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Hey idiot

Hamza wrote:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me...LMAO
I hope you feel like a big girl now that you have called me a name directly!

Nice of you to violate Rule #1

But who cares, I sure as fuck don't...

Apparently not.

Hamza wrote:
Spoken like a true uneducated, ignorant, pathetic racist...

Dec 22 06 12:48 am Link

Photographer

Larry Placido

San Francisco, California, US

I just got off my cell with Britt and she seems like she's in good spirits under the circumstances... She told me that a lot of people have called and offered her support and that she's grateful to all of you....

This thread shouldn't be a bitch session... It should be one of a human being looking out after another human being...especially at this time of the year. I know times are tough for most people, my self included... But, I also remember the countless times someone went out of their way to help me...with no ulterior motive on their part. They just wanted to help out because they cared...

Now it's my turn to return the favor that others have done for me in the past...

Thank you to all of you that showed your support for a fellow MM'er... I hope that all of you on MM have a very Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year as well...

I now get off my soap box and return you to your normally scheduled programming... big_smile

Dec 22 06 01:02 am Link

Makeup Artist

High Voltage Cosmetics

Antioch, Illinois, US

I'm just glad there are good people left in the world,and helped someone in a time of need.
isabella aurora you are a trully good person.
Send my regards to the model.

Dec 22 06 01:06 am Link

Model

Des Tinee

Brookfield, Wisconsin, US

Wow,
i hope if im ever in trouble people pull together like this for me.
you all were great. if i would have read this before now i woulda helped out with the little money i have. i know how scary it can be... and my incident was in the same state! but i wsa still freaking out as my cell was dying but anyways

i give you all kudos smile

hugs and im glad shes ok smile

Destinee

Dec 22 06 01:13 am Link

Model

JenC

Beverly Hills, California, US

Paul Thomas wrote:
Weather Update in Denver:

Snow has just NOW stopped falling, after 29 (!) hours of storming which resulted in a minimum of two feet of snow throughout the metro area, some places reporting 3-4 feet.

The 18 hour storm also had high winds, causing drifts up to 10 feet high. One of them on my driveway... sad

Translation for those of you who have never lived near snow:

Nobody is going anywhere. No FedEx deliveries. No mail. No pizza guys. If you're pregnant or otherwise need to get the hospital, you are advised to call a central hotline where they will dispatch the National Guard to come rescue you.

Cars are littered on the highways and side streets, where they came to a stop due to deep snow and were abandoned.

Denver does not get snow like this very often. People think Colorado gets a great deal of snow and must be used to it. That' s true up in the mountains, not down here in Denver. They only have like 60 plows for the whole city.

So, the digging out begins now. The last I heard, they were going to TRY to open the airport at noon tomorrow.

Right now, people are using their own snowblowers on my street to try and clear it themselves, knowing it will be ages before a plow comes.

i'm from Salt Lake City, Utah and it rarely snows to this extent (shutting down airports)... but this does NOT make me miss home!!! haha! it's why I moved to Cali! smile

Dec 22 06 01:26 am Link

Model

JenC

Beverly Hills, California, US

Wow! I can't believe how caring everyone is!!!  It's really nice and makes me so happy!

Dec 22 06 01:28 am Link

Photographer

WhoYouAre

Aurora, Illinois, US

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Dec 22 06 01:56 am Link