Forums > General Industry > Photographer sleeping with Models...

Photographer

StephenEastwood

Great Neck, New York, US

Does it count if you shoot someone you have been sleeping with and they end up becoming a model because of your shots and or connections?  I mean technically you were not initially sleeping with a model when it started.

Stephen Eastwood
http://www.PhotographersPortfolio.com

Dec 15 06 01:30 am Link

Photographer

Kay Thom

New York, New York, US

i've taken a picture of my hands before, does that count?
thank you very much, i'll be here all week, try the veal, tip your waiter. smile

Dec 15 06 01:32 am Link

Model

Pasha M

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Don Sir wrote:
man with itchy ass should not bite fingernail...

I always thought it was "man with itchy but wakes up with smelly finger" big_smile

Dec 15 06 01:36 am Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

StephenEastwood wrote:
Anyone ever sleep with anyone they worked with in another field?  I would love to hear thoughts on that.

Since office romance seems to very quite commonplace I think it is fine so long as their is no coercion. 

Stephen Eastwood
http://www.PhotographersPortfolio.com

Oh!  and I became a photographer because I was sleeping with some models and saw how great they looked so I than started shooting them and it led to this.

Nope....I have a Prime Directive I follow....never get involved with someone from work (it will come back to haunt you if/when you break up).
And I've seen it happen many times.
I have, however, did get involved with a model, many years ago. We were going to get married but unfortunately she died.  I haven't met anyone remotely close to her since (and I'm not looking to either). smile

Dec 15 06 01:40 am Link

Photographer

Fotogene

Chicago Heights, Illinois, US

I fell asleep in my chair editing images from a long late shoot with the model sitting next to me, does that count?

Other than that the typical 40 year age differential makes listening to their drama a lot more satisfying than being a part of it!

I got involved 30 and 20 years ago with co-workers and each time it cost me my time, trust, treasure and lots of pain after some intrique, exciting and intense sex and ultimate drama. I'm not up for it anymore! I have had a financial business and a photo studio most of my life and the interludes were with clerical help in the financial field.

In college I had a wonderful adventure with one of the most beautiful people inside and out I have ever met who happened to be a model / actress. We shot, rode motorcycles and each night made passionate love in a car until the sun come up on a beach next to Lake Michigan until a few of Chicago's finest caught us and we then snuck into her bedroom and continued our daily endurance with her family coming and going as did as well. She was the most romantic partner I have ever had. I foolishly broke it off and have regretted it ever since. Dolores are you out there?

Dec 15 06 01:40 am Link

Photographer

Brian Ziff

Los Angeles, California, US

Pasha Morena wrote:

I always thought it was "man with itchy but wakes up with smelly finger" big_smile

i would have also accepted:

"woman who cook carrots and peas in same pot very unsanitary"

or

"man who walk through airport turnstyle too fast going to bangkok."

Dec 15 06 01:42 am Link

Model

Jezyka

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Pasha Morena wrote:

I just woke up my photographer boyfriend because I was laughing so hard.... smile

Dec 15 06 01:42 am Link

Model

BriannaL

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Only when I'm seduced smile

Dec 15 06 01:43 am Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:

And 92% wonder why we have these discussions.  It certainly goes a long way to make a model feel comfortable if she thinks that the majority of photographers are trying to get into their pants.

Most model's pants wouldn't fit me anyway! smile

Dec 15 06 01:43 am Link

Model

Pasha M

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Jezyka wrote:

I just woke up my photographer boyfriend because I was laughing so hard.... smile

you have been an outed! 

dont sniff his finger. hmm

Dec 15 06 01:47 am Link

Photographer

Fotogene

Chicago Heights, Illinois, US

Pasha Morena wrote:

you have been an outed! 

dont sniff his finger. hmm

Not fully cleaning the fingernail has provided years of fond smelleries over the years!

Dec 15 06 01:52 am Link

Photographer

Beach

Charleston, South Carolina, US

I wasn't aware the the photographer/model relationship was as sacred as, say, doctor/patient.

get two adults together (especially when one's job is to look seductive and the other's is to broadcast that to the world) and occasionally you're gonna get some uglies bumpin'.

So I hear.

That said, I only date ugly chicks.

Dec 15 06 01:55 am Link

Photographer

TheOneEyedShooter

Sonoita, Arizona, US

E|||B wrote:
You will often hear it said that "professionals" don't even ask such questions. However, any model or photographer who thinks that professional models and photographers never sleep with each other is an idiot.

Want proof?

Supermodel, Elle MacPherson was married to photographer Gilles Bensimon, who was 20 years her senior.

Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, Petra Nemcova dated her fashion photographer boyfriend, Simon Atlee.

Versace supermodel Helena Christensen dated photographer Peter Makebisch.

Model, Trish Goff of Vogue, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton and Victoria's Secret is married to photographer, Aaron Ward.

Model, Laetitia Casta had a child with her fashion photographer boyfriend, Stephane Sednaoui.

Supermodel, Kate Moss dated her Calvin Klein photographer, Mario Sorrenti.

Model, Veronika Zemanova dated photographer, Stefano Santori.

Karen Elson was dating young photographer Alexei Hay, who shot for Gucci.

Model turned actress, Jaime King dated photographer, Davide Sorrenti.

Model turned actress, Teri Polo and photographer Anthony Moore, eloped in Las Vegas.

So for those models and photographers who think that "professionals" never hook up, please, get your heads out of your holier-than-thou asses and wake up to what truly happens among the professionals of the modeling industry.

Kick some ass....bro....

why do we eat up bandwidth with this third grade shit...?

Dec 15 06 02:05 am Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Stamford, Connecticut, US

BriannaL wrote:
Only when I'm seduced smile

I'll be in Vegas on the 22nd......

Dec 15 06 02:13 am Link

Photographer

tjay

Redding, California, US

BCADULTART wrote:
When I sleep, I sleep well.  This thread is sort of pointless and junivile.  The models that I work with, work, and so do I.

It is indeed very pointless and juvenile. I'm tired of seeing threads that are just meant to be provacative and keep perpetuating the myth that photographers are perverts. Reminds me of immature high school kids preoccupied with sex.

Dec 15 06 02:22 am Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

What about just 3rd base?

Dec 15 06 02:27 am Link

Makeup Artist

Julia Dyson

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Hey, how about "Models, do you sleep with make-up artists?" wink
Or should i start a new thread?

Dec 15 06 03:30 am Link

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

Hamza wrote:
He who never mixes business with pleasure will never know the pleasure of business...

So what is the pleasure of business ? I thought it's called satisfaction with the results of your work? Happy personal life is something else ....

Dec 15 06 03:38 am Link

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

StephenEastwood wrote:
and it would save me lots in wedding ceremonies, alimony, divorce attorneys.

don't blame your profession for this ... blame the marriage institute ...or as sad as it sounds your own fate

Dec 15 06 03:41 am Link

Photographer

FMfoto

Julia Dyson wrote:
Hey, how about "Models, do you sleep with make-up artists?" wink
Or should i start a new thread?

or how 'bout MUAs who sleep with their photographers?!? wink

I actually have more communication with a model BEFORE i even meet them, during the shoot most of their time is with the MUAs (also known as their shrinks)...  the only other communication is telling them how to pose, then they're off to change and more MU touch ups.   The MUAs get all the action!

Dec 15 06 03:54 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

What about models sucking face with photographers?  is that professional?

Dec 15 06 03:57 am Link

Photographer

FMfoto

ransom, did andrea and maya tell you?!?

Dec 15 06 03:58 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

FARLEY MAGADIA wrote:
ransom, did andrea and maya tell you?!?

That i had the softest lips in the midwest?

I confess!

(jokes for all you shit heads without a sense of humor)

Dec 15 06 04:00 am Link

Photographer

FMfoto

I'm playa hatin right about now...

bro i KNOW you got stories... (and the secret stash of photos to match wink

Dec 15 06 04:01 am Link

Model

Shanna

Austin, Indiana, US

there isn't something wrong with dating models.
if the girl is into it whatever. my buddy george is dating a hot ass chick and then lithium picnic is dating apnea, so whats wrong with dating hot chicks.
Oh yeah and both photographers are amazing

Dec 15 06 04:04 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

FARLEY MAGADIA wrote:
I'm playa hatin right about now...

bro i KNOW you got stories... (and the secret stash of photos to match wink

Nah i heard YOU got stories.  in comparrison I'm a pop up book  to your War and Peace.

Dec 15 06 04:04 am Link

Photographer

FMfoto

[RANSOM wrote:
Nah i heard YOU got stories.  in comparrison I'm a pop up book  to your War and Peace]

Like OJ... I plead the 5th wink

Dec 15 06 04:15 am Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

Maybe on a very long plane ride....

Dec 15 06 05:29 am Link

Model

adelinet

London, England, United Kingdom

My boyfriend used to be my boss. I had to leave when the company found out we were sleeping together - it was slightly inappropriate! wooopsie

Dec 15 06 05:33 am Link

Model

Guy Daniels

New York, New York, US

BUT You can SLEEP YOUR WAY TO THE TOP......ROUND AND AROUND

(ROUND AND AROUND)

*in Dreamgirls tone*

Dec 15 06 05:38 am Link

Photographer

LWF

Bellingham, Washington, US

oops....

Dec 15 06 05:39 am Link

Photographer

Just Shoot Me Photograp

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

I sleep with models every night.There just on my laptop next to my bed.Damn it get off my laptop over here lets have some real fun.

Dec 15 06 05:41 am Link

Photographer

shotbytim

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

Sure, it's unprofessional to ask to photograph models FOR THE PURPOSE of hooking up with them, but if the chemistry's there and you end up starting a relationship with each other that's OK.

Dec 15 06 05:57 am Link

Model

ciaogoodbyeadios

I would never sleep with a photographer.

I know there are lots of professional models that slept with photographers to get to the top.. but I will never be one of them.  I would rather fail than screw around.

Dec 15 06 07:44 am Link

Photographer

Teila K Day Photography

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

Huynh Photography wrote:
What are your thoughts on this ?

Models... do you sleep with your photographers ?

My thought is that I really couldn't care less what other photographers are doing, especially if they're having sex with another consenting adult regardless of whether shes a model or not.
Whats it to me?  Whats it to you?  I think we should be minding our own business and not worry about whats going on in someone elses world....  as a country if we had kept our noses in our own beezwax over the years, the trade towers would still be here!

Pilots and flight attendents have sex.
Nurses and Physicians have sex.
College students and professors have sex.

Heck, if they want to and there isn't a conflict-  so what?

moot issue.

Dec 15 06 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Teila K Day Photography

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

.... I think most professional photogs are far, far, more worried about producing a decent result while keeping cost at a minimum as opposed to getting in someone's pants.

Dec 15 06 08:03 am Link

Photographer

-Oz

Hollywood, Florida, US

I am so passionate about my work that I never thought about that, and I am very happy with my girlfriend.

Dec 15 06 08:12 am Link

Model

KiKi Marie Williams

Costa Mesa, California, US

I know a photographer that I work with that has screwed a couple of models.........its so unprofessional!!!

Dec 15 06 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Perfect Pixels

Richfield, Minnesota, US

icphotoworks wrote
why do we eat up bandwidth with this third grade shit...?

I agree.  It's no wonder people think Photags are creepy pervs when they are the ones perpetuating this crap and then turn around and complain when models won't work with them because they think they are creepy.

Quite baffling really.

Dec 15 06 08:44 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

I sleep with a photographer , hes been my boyfriend for a few odd years though,  I am o.k. with it.... I slept with a photographer most my life  because I started shooting at bout ummm 15 or so, 'n I have no choice but to sleep with myself.....

Dec 15 06 08:49 am Link