Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Your claim to all those pictures hanging in galleries would be nice to prove.

Hey, TX, can you amuse me? I'm trying to think of a photographer who only shows in galleries. So I can see how many galleries pop their artists listings where the search engines can find them. I'm drawing a blank. Though Erwin Olaf came to mind, but he's done commercial stuff for Diesel. That might account for the 227,000 hits his name brought. Although I must say that the first 4 pages of google listings are all dealers and galleries that carry his work.

Nothing for Shiree, though. Wow, that's stealth technology he ought to package up and sell to the Iranians!

mjr.

Nov 27 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

Shiree

Sacramento, California, US

Hey Tex you are the one making accusations and now your trying to justify, i said nothing you claimed and you cannot show it here, fact is for some reason your having an issue, that being said, you shouldve stopped long ago, but ya just couldnt, well as i said ill wait here for anything ive claimed here that needs prooving. other than that, you have about bored me with your name dropping ,"i have a ck client that i never shot for" bullshit, its pathetic, as everyone knows, i they have a legit and serious reason to inquire as to my status and works, they are more than welcome to contact  me and ask for my "check stubs, and my tears" but ill not sit here and post them via the net, sure youll say thatas cuz i dont have any, funny thing tho, your opinion and those of anyone foolish enough to make comments and then not be able to substantiate them such as claiming i made claims i didnt, is going to always have an excuse for being an asshole, and doesnt matter if i put it here or not, youll call it fake and go off the deep end so why bother? besides, hell ive gotten more work interest from MM members since arguing here with you than since ive been here, go see for yourself, so shit this is great, i say next thing u should do is call me a queer. (i did sleep with a tranny once)

But for gods sakes get off the "im the shit u arent" kick, its embarassing watching your old ass keep up. Im 33 and have made descent money with my camera already, so by the time im your age imagine how far behind youll be then.

Ill wait for the thing i need to back up tho, fairs fair.

Nov 27 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Shiree wrote:
someone with 200 grand worth of equip is at your disposal.

I can rent everything at Samy's if I chose to.  Can I list their inventory value as mine?

Just curious...

Nov 27 06 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Shiree

eyelight wrote:

I can rent everything at Samy's if I chose to.  Can I list their inventory value as mine?

Just curious...

If you pay for it for the purpose of shooting, damn right you can. Pro fashion shoots rarely use their own equipment, its mostly rented.

Nov 27 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Shiree wrote:
If you pay for it for the purpose of shooting, damn right you can. Pro fashion shoots rarely use their own equipment, its mostly rented.

Sir,

As someone who teaches Rhetoric at the college level for my FT job, I must say your carefully chosen wording is impressive...

Nov 27 06 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Shiree

This will go on forever, fact is im going to let it because its the prinicipal of the thing, if id have came in here making huge claims of tears and such, sure id need to back it up, but i never did, so im not going to be called out by an old GWC and some Wannbe net model (no offense hun) Im the first guy to call BS when its warranted, but if you read the thread, TX is the only one who claimed anything, so hes the only one whos got anything to proove and so far hes prooved he doesnt make a living with his camera, fair enough.

Nov 27 06 07:21 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
Me, I don't care much what people claim.  If you say you have shot for Vogue, Elle
or W, then I'll take your word for it but if you are challenged on a public website
by other industry pros then you really have to back up your statements.  I'm not
taking sides your work looks fine without all the added credits, etc.  Now though
some of us want to see if you are talk or the real thing.

here lies the rub...
Why would you just blindly take someones word instead of a portfolio that has actuall proof..
How many models do you know that have had photographers show up and give them some line about how they shoot for so and so..It is a lie!!!!
That is why we care...

I have two tests this month with published award winning photographers who normaly get paid to shoot agecny tests. I have seen the signed prints on their walls and the actuall ads that they have shot, images and scanned in magazeine covers...

It is not hard to provide this proof....If you have it.

Nov 27 06 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Shiree wrote:
if id have came in here making huge claims of tears and such, sure id need to back it up, but i never did,

Does this count as a claim?  I pulled it off your page...

"World Renowned and award winning Fashion/Art photographer with over 1/4 million images online and in print."

Just trying to get the facts straight...

Nov 27 06 07:22 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

That's Mrs Internet Whore to you. I know who, and what I am, I also back up my shit.

Nov 27 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

eyelight wrote:

I can give a kid $1 for his permission to photograph a 747 on a runway. Whether it's the kid's or not, I've paid for the $50 million aircraft as part of my shoot, can I list its full value or just the $1?

mjr.

Nov 27 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Shiree wrote:
i said nothing you claimed and you cannot show it here,

I have shown it here, with quotes from your MM profile, portfolio and this thread. 

Now it appears you no longer wish to claim that you are a "world renowned fashion photographer". 

Now it appears that you don't really have prints hanging in hundreds of galleries.

Now it appears you don't really have CK, RL or Polo as clients.

Now it appears you don't really have $200.000 worth of photo gear

Now it appears that you don't really have paid work for models all the time.

Now it appears that you don't really have agency models being referred to you for shoots.

If you disagree with any of the above, all based on your earlier claims, feel free to say which ones.

And then, by all means, feel free to bitch on the forum because some model chose not to return your emails. Sounds like she just did a little research, as models should do.

Nov 27 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
I can give a kid $1 for his permission to photograph a 747 on a runway. Whether it's the kid's or not, I've paid for the $50 million aircraft as part of my shoot, can I list its full value or just the $1?

mjr.

Sounds like you worked for either Enron or the White House...

Nov 27 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

Shiree wrote:
im not going to be called out by an old GWC and some Wannbe net model

Sounds like they've not only called you out, they've got you doing a pretty good Bill Clinton imitation.

mjr.

Nov 27 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Shiree

Iona Lynn wrote:
That's Mrs Internet Whore to you. I know who, and what I am, I also back up my shit.

Perhaps, but then again, i didnt claim to be a net whore so whats the problem? Actually i simply remember this as being me claiming i had an issue with a model, dont recall claiming much but seems someones a bit i dunno what the proper word is so we will use "offended" by my work.

Nov 27 06 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Shiree wrote:
so far hes prooved he doesnt make a living with his camera, fair enough.

I don't make a living with my camera.  Never said I did.  In fact, my profile and personal page make very clear that I do not.

My income is from pensions and investments.  God only knows where yours comes from, but it sure isn't from selling pictures to designers.

Photographer

Shiree

Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

Sounds like they've not only called you out, they've got you doing a pretty good Bill Clinton imitation.

mjr.

hey Marcus are you the shooter from pa who raped those 2 models near philly? can you proove it?

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Bounced a jujubee @ off Ionas' head, ello

Nov 27 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Shiree

Iona Lynn wrote:

Iona did you give 3 shooters herpes? can you proove it?

Nov 27 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Shiree

TXPhotog wrote:

I don't make a living with my camera.  Never said I did.  In fact, my profile and personal page make very clear that I do not.

My income is from pensions and investments.  God only knows where yours comes from, but it sure isn't from selling pictures to designers.

TX did you have a sex change after being Castrated for sex crimes against animals? can you proove it?

Nov 27 06 07:28 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

eats the yumy juju bees, thanks wink

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Shiree wrote:

hey Marcus are you the shooter from pa who raped those 2 models near philly? can you proove it?

Okay, now you're just being an ass.  This crosses the line!!  Up until now, this was a polite discussion but I guess when facts become difficult, you can resort to ad hominem attacks that are disgusting.

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Shiree wrote:
someone with 200 grand worth of equip is at your disposal

Well, at least we now have this claim put to rest.  It seems to really mean that there is a rental store in town with 200 grand worth of inventory, and Shiree can go rent from it if he wants to.

Pretty impressive.  I can see why models ought not to lose a chance to shoot with you.

Photographer

Shiree

eyelight wrote:

Okay, now you're just being an ass.  This crosses the line!!  Up until now, this was a polite discussion but I guess when facts become difficult, you can resort to ad hominem attacks that are disgusting.

can you proove it? thats the point here, so back it up man!!

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Shiree wrote:
TX did you have a sex change after being Castrated for sex crimes against animals? can you proove it?

OK, that's it.  CAM time.

Nov 27 06 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

Shiree

Im being asked to verify claims ive never made, so the same is to these questions. so hey fairs fair. let the prooving begin!!!

Nov 27 06 07:30 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

okay that's Mrs. wannabe net model
Look at my portfolio and you would get the joke, well at least half of the joke, the other half has to do with they way the image was shot...he used that funky brown geliatin stuff...film.

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Oh no.

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Shiree wrote:

Can I prove it?  Yes.  I'll break it down for you.  Ad Hominem is a logical fallacy that is defined as attacking the person rather than their message.  I think it's clear that this is what you did.  Sorry for using big words...

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Shiree wrote:

No, it is not.  As anyone with a shred of knowledge of logic knows, you cannot prove a negative.  That's what you are asking him, and me, to do.

But we are asking you to prove affirmative statements that YOU MADE ABOUT YOURSELF.  Very different.

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Damn, Iona, i wanted the red one, give it back, you may have the yellow one though, unless you got the herpes, you may keep it(lol)

Photographer

Shiree

TXPhotog wrote:

ROFLMAO well ya got me there, ill take ur word for it!!!

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

Shiree wrote:

I get it. Now that you're standing there with all your bullshit hanging in ruins you're gonna try to deflect attention by going on the attack? Wow, I've never seen a clever trick like that before! You're good! smile

I don't know exactly when the models were raped but I bet you I could do a good job of proving where I was when it happened. That's the one nice thing about travelling as much as I do: there's a 50/50 chance I was on an airplane someplace when it happened, whatever it was. smile

mjr.

Nov 27 06 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Shiree

TXPhotog wrote:

No, it is not.  As anyone with a shred of knowledge of logic knows, you cannot prove a negative.  That's what you are asking him, and me, to do.

But we are asking you to prove affirmative statements that YOU MADE ABOUT YOURSELF.  Very different.

what statement? lay the quote on me.

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Marc Rosebeck wrote:
Damn, Iona, i wanted the red one, give it back, you may have the yellow one though, unless you got the herpes, you may keep it(lol)

*sticks out tounge coated in red jujubee goo*

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Shiree wrote:
Im being asked to verify claims ive never made, so the same is to these questions. so hey fairs fair. let the prooving begin!!!

Actually, if you look at your port - you did make the claim I posted above.  As for the personal attacks you made against several people here - thaey came out of left field and you owe them an apology!

Photographer

Shiree

Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

I get it. Now that you're standing there with all your bullshit hanging in ruins you're gonna try to deflect attention by going on the attack? Wow, I've never seen a clever trick like that before! You're good! smile

I don't know exactly when the models were raped but I bet you I could do a good job of proving where I was when it happened. That's the one nice thing about travelling as much as I do: there's a 50/50 chance I was on an airplane someplace when it happened, whatever it was. smile

mjr.

and its the pricipal of the thing that someone whould ask you to proove it isnt it?

Nov 27 06 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

James Jackson wrote:
My what nice long penises everyone has... and look.. they're out on the table... how cute.

Oh wow.. they get longer?  Really?

What happens when you dump ice on them?

Oh... that's a shame...

Nov 27 06 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Shiree

eyelight wrote:
Actually, if you look at your port - you did make the claim I posted above.  As for the personal attacks you made against several people here - thaey came out of left field and you owe them an apology!

I owe them an appology after its prooven, thats what their claim is towards me, so thats how it is their rules not mine.

besides i aksed a question , didnt make an accusation... hehe.

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Shiree wrote:

what statement? lay the quote on me.

Does this count as a claim?  I pulled it off your page...

"World Renowned and award winning Fashion/Art photographer with over 1/4 million images online and in print."

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

What's this Cam business, i need more candy i think, you know this shit is $8.00 per box,there's like 40 in there! Iona, may i get you sumtin at the concession bar?

Nov 27 06 07:35 pm Link