Forums > General Industry > MM Not For Modeling

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Kinetic Photography wrote:
Personally, I think there is something wrong with the people on this site.

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Well, perhaps your leaving would fix what's wrong.

Okay, that was a little snide of me -- sorry -- couldn't resist, but I did find your comments & tone a little insulting.

You now have several responses with several excellent constructive suggestions.  If something isn't working for you, it's not always everyone else's fault.

Mabye models read what he had to say over on the racism thread. That might drive down "business."  Also, Kinetic says that from other sites, he has all kinds of models.  Then why stick around here.

Troll?

Oct 30 06 12:48 pm Link

Model

Afinity

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

The problem I've seen with model mayhem is most of the photographers expect TFP! I've been on here 2 years and only like 3 paying job offers which I declined all of them because they weren't anything to write home about.

Oct 30 06 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

Carissa Winland

Austin, Texas, US

Afinity wrote:
The problem I've seen with model mayhem is most of the photographers expect TFP! I've been on here 2 years and only like 3 paying job offers which I declined all of them because they weren't anything to write home about.

I have a problem with this sort of attitude as well. I don't get paid to shoot portfolio shots unless that person is paying me. Unless I have a commercial deal where I need a model, and have a budget for one, there's nothing for me to pay models with. The only exception to this is when the model has a big name for herself and it would greatly benefit my portfolio to open different doors.

Oftentimes WFCD/WFP works best because both people get to build their portfolio. So, you might have less paying offers because we may not be getting a lot of commercial work. It also could be that when we do when we do, we already have a contact list of people we've deemed as reliable and works well infront of a camera, ironically from WFCD/WFP or from previous models who have paid us.

Oct 30 06 02:37 pm Link

Model

Electrostatic

ADGER, Alabama, US

Surely Model Mayhem should only be seen as a way of getting TFCD and TFP, as most people here are starting out! Seems reasonable enough for me, and a good means to an end!

Oct 30 06 03:08 pm Link