Jeff Searust

Austin, Texas, US

Maybe it was --Hogwarts school of Modeling and Mayhem

Oct 28 06 02:18 am Link

Photographer

PTH Photo

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

JM Dean wrote:
Uploading more pics and different models might help if you worked with so many from other sites smile

Excellent point, I was thinking the same thing!

Oct 28 06 02:20 am Link

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

Star wrote:
I hear all those girls from that school are witches

Maybe the models he's tried contacting from there won't pose nude so they've been keeping their invisibility cloak on?

Oct 28 06 03:00 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

No problems here...I have more people wanting to work with me than i can get to.

Oct 28 06 07:10 am Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

This time of year, probably slows down, the weather is crappy, its getting close to holidays, models are back to school.....been since Aug. since my last model shoot.
Did some projects for other stuff inbetween aug and now..but thats about it.

Oct 28 06 07:17 am Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

Miles Chandler wrote:

Well, a few suggestions (feel free to ignore them, but you did start a thread about this):

1) Switch your avatar to this image:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1344723
Your current one is fine, but that portrait is exceptional.

2) Fill your gallery! You have 15 unused image slots, and I'm sure you have work for them. It's hard to tell what to think of your abilities with only 5 images from 2 shoots there.

3) Reword your "About me" to sound more positive and mention your experience- how many years, what you've done, models from other sites you worked with (and maybe fix the spelling errors- some folks may notice that you misspelled 'photographer' and 'awesome').

So that's my suggestion. Right now your site gives the impression of a 20 year-old who's just done a couple of shoots. The work is fine, just better presentation might help models take you seriously.

I very very much agree with Miles on this one.
and Star...and all the others that say you need to improve your port,

Oct 28 06 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Kinetic Photography wrote:
I have messaged about 35 models about doing a shoot.  10 have messaged me.  I have given my number to about 20 models.  Of those 20 models I have given my number too NONE have called.  If I give my number to 20 models on "other" sites I will get at least 10 calls and 3-4 would show up.  I posted a casting call and NO ONE responded.

Maybe what you're offering &/or are looking to do, isn't what they can use or need at the moment.

Also, having only 5 images in ones port doesn't really give a good feel to a person's port.

Plus, in your bio, you write, "I prefer to shoot outdoors with natural lighting" yet when I look at your port I don't get that sense at all, specifically w/ the guitar girl & the Irish-shirt girl. Its kinda a contradiction, y'know?

Oct 28 06 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Brandon Ching wrote:
Maybe the models he's tried contacting from there won't pose nude so they've been keeping their invisibility cloak on?

We should step back a minute. The OP has given no indication (either from his statements nor from his port) that that's what he's looking for.

Oct 28 06 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Cohn

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

about 90% of my models show.

about 90% come from this site.

Not always the same 10% but this site has def been more reliable then any other model finding place out there.

Oct 28 06 12:40 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

Anybody else noticed that Kinetic hasn't responded to anything we have put up?

Hmmm...pattern emerging

Oct 28 06 01:18 pm Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

The site's been working just the same as any other for me. I respond to these threads for that reason though. Get my face out there.

Oct 28 06 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

Screw this site - I mail order for my models. Shipping is a bitch but at least I get what I want.

And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Oct 28 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Personally, I think there is something wrong with the people on this site.

Well, perhaps your leaving would fix what's wrong.

Okay, that was a little snide of me -- sorry -- couldn't resist, but I did find your comments & tone a little insulting.

You now have several responses with several excellent constructive suggestions.  If something isn't working for you, it's not always everyone else's fault.

Oct 28 06 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Jeff Genung wrote:
uh--maybe it's you--this isn't "the Pit," but if it was "the Pit" I would say that you come across as a real fucktard.

Ok, this is really not "the Pit".  No personal attacks, no name-calling please.

This is Warning #1.

Keeping the peace, your neighborhood friendly, LLL - Moderator

Oct 28 06 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon, France

I've only been here a few months and I've shot with almost a dozen MM models. You need to be concentrating on your work, putting up more and new shots and spending less time in the forums picking fights. Hugs, R ;-)

Oct 28 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Nelia

All but one of the models in my port have come from Model Mayhem, so far 19 of them.  I have not problem finding models here and as of late have been getting contacted by models wanting to work with Me!

Oct 28 06 02:07 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Okay, I was on MM for a year before and I got one model to show up.  I have now been here again for 2 months and not a single call.  Personally, I think there is something wrong with the people on this site.  All other sites I get models to show up everyday if I wanted.

Do you have any plans to be in Illinois?

Oct 28 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

runswithwind

Panglao, Central Visayas, Philippines

try paying them")

Oct 28 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

CLONE

Salisbury, Maryland, US

you Have to Be very good looking like Me To get the models to come

Oct 28 06 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

Plastercasting

Wichita, Kansas, US

I am in Kansas which a part of the country that can be about as artistically void as possible and I have worked with probably 20 models from this site. My state probably only has 10% as many people on here as other states do and I have more work than I can keep up with. Its all in the approach!

Oct 28 06 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

RAW-R IMAGE

Los Angeles, California, US

I have messaged about 35 models about doing a shoot.  10 have messaged me.  I have given my number to about 20 models.  Of those 20 models I have given my number too NONE have called.  If I give my number to 20 models on "other" sites I will get at least 10 calls and 3-4 would show up.  I posted a casting call and NO ONE responded.

Drop the guitar shot and one of the sepias. Put up more and diverse or just better shots than what you have. Maybe it is what you say in your messaging is the problem. Investigate that. Don't feel too bad. For many photographers here, me included, many times you get a shoot confirmation and THEN they don't show up!!

Oct 28 06 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

Rena wrote:
Maybe you should contact some models instead of waiting for them?

Exactly, it goes both ways.  I look for models when I get an idea or want a certain look.  I've been pretty busy.  In fact I'm a little backed up with my processing.  I had 3 shoots in 10 days last week.

Oct 28 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Amazing. Some of the replies are bullshit replies. Anyways, to the o.p. it goes both ways. You'll get flakes on here. Don't let some of these jokers fool you into thinking that it's just you and you are the one screwing up with their sarcastic replies. This topic has been beaten to death by many photographers and many are very good photographers.

You also have photographers who flake too. It's not always about your lack of, not that it isn't a problem because it does happen.

My advice to you, keep MM as a 'option' and not as a primary source. I've had my success on here and the negatives 3 times. There are other places out here as well as opitions to make things happen for you. But also do realize that MM isn't the solution to your flake problems. The first time I had heard the term 'flake' was in school that I'm currently attending. I have seen many photographers who expereince this shit, and it's bad because this is apart of their/our grade. I even know of a guy who runs a modeling agency who has experience this too. So don't feel too bad, you are not alone, just find smarter ways to target those who are serious, aren't indecisive and is about business. You'll find this on here if you look at their port and history. My advice, let the newbies get broken in first before you try them, because you really don't know if they are serious or not.

Oct 28 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

JM Dean wrote:
Uploading more pics and different models might help if you worked with so many from other sites smile

what JMD said

Oct 28 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

eyetoeye-Images

Memphis, Alabama, US

Okay, I was on MM for a year before and I got one model to show up.  I have now been here again for 2 months and not a single call.  Personally, I think there is something wrong with the people on this site.  All other sites I get models to show up everyday if I wanted.

If you conduct business they way you discuss politics....Geez...No Wonder...smile

Oct 28 06 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

eyetoeye-Images

Memphis, Alabama, US

Have you ever heard tried going down to the beach with some cards and do some direct marketing????....its not like there isn't enough Gals in Cali that don't want their PICs taken....perhaps you need to ask a neighbor gal to take pics and do it at the beach....I have gotten several jobs while shooting jobs....or do you have a strange persona?

Oct 28 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Kinetic Photography

Samantha Grace wrote:
Looking at this from a models point of view. I would only work with you if you offered to pay me. Based on what I see on your port, I wouldn't get the kind of images I would need, or could use. I am not putting your work down. Everyone needs room for improvement always. If we weren't improving we wouldn't go forward. If you are looking to shoot TFP/ TFCD look for newbie models. Ones who aren't established who also need to work on their ports as well. But most models who have a good basic port, also want to get something out of spending 4-5 hours shooting.

The amount of images you have is hurting you, as well. Models want to work with people who have a built up port.

I dont pay models.  Models and clients pay me. I will however work for free if the model is young and VERY beautiful.  I only have a few images because I feel those images speak for themselves.  Most photographers on this site fill their portfolio with 20 images and 19 of them are just bad.  If you are a model and you dont feel you would get the "kind of images you need" by working with me than I would suggest giving you some advice.  Two of the models in my images are signed by Ford and I did much of their portfolio work.  Who are YOU signed with ?  How do YOU know what kind of images you need ? 
I guess maybe my problem was that my standards are too high for the models on this site and they are just used to working with low end photographers.   I have a very "built up port" but I am afraid 99% of the models on here wouldnt know the difference.  Now please....flame away smile

Oct 28 06 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Eric Lehner

London, England, United Kingdom

I have a very "built up port" but I am afraid 99% of the models on here wouldnt know the difference.  Now please....flame away smile

why not show it then? At the moment the models who might want to work with you only see 5 pics and what you write in this thread, which makes it clear that you seem to think they owe you something... doesn't seem like a clever approach to get them to work with you, don't you think?

Just my 2 cents wink

Oct 28 06 07:09 pm Link

Model

JB

Maybe, and I'm guessing here, it's your negativity...

Oct 28 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

I have been in contact with numerous models here and just did a shoot yeterday with Svetlana_Newmodel. As mentioned earlier make a move and contact a model you would like to work with.
It is all up to you don't sit around waiting for them to contact you.
Just my 2cents worth

Oct 28 06 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

I dont pay models.  Models and clients pay me. I will however work for free if the model is young and VERY beautiful.  I only have a few images because I feel those images speak for themselves.  Most photographers on this site fill their portfolio with 20 images and 19 of them are just bad.  If you are a model and you dont feel you would get the "kind of images you need" by working with me than I would suggest giving you some advice.  Two of the models in my images are signed by Ford and I did much of their portfolio work.  Who are YOU signed with ?  How do YOU know what kind of images you need ? 
I guess maybe my problem was that my standards are too high for the models on this site and they are just used to working with low end photographers.   I have a very "built up port" but I am afraid 99% of the models on here wouldnt know the difference.  Now please....flame away smile

Man you are really insulting.  The images you have are cool but limited.
However I think your negative and I bet that filters through to models you would
like to shoot.  Talent and ability often take a back seat to being civil and kind.

Oct 28 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Melissa Lynnette wrote:

Bwahahahaha!!!!

Yeah you would get some magical shots heehehe
Love when a thread gets humourous

Oct 28 06 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

I guess maybe my problem was that my standards are too high for the models on this site and they are just used to working with low end photographers.   I have a very "built up port" but I am afraid 99% of the models on here wouldnt know the difference.  Now please....flame away

Now you have gone too far!!

Oct 28 06 07:30 pm Link

Model

Caroline Ann Martin

Williamsport, Pennsylvania, US

Rena wrote:
Maybe you should contact some models instead of waiting for them?

I was thinking the same thing.  How many shoots I do (either as photographer or model) is very much dependant on my own reaching out to others and not simply waiting for others to contact me.

Oct 28 06 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

Josue Pena

Los Angeles, California, US

wath wired....the site is working really fine for me, good luck anyways!

Oct 28 06 07:32 pm Link

Model

Caroline Ann Martin

Williamsport, Pennsylvania, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
Man you are really insulting.  The images you have are cool but limited.
However I think your negative and I bet that filters through to models you would
like to shoot.  Talent and ability often take a back seat to being civil and kind.

I guess maybe my problem was that my standards are too high for the models on this site and they are just used to working with low end photographers.   I have a very "built up port" but I am afraid 99% of the models on here wouldnt know the difference.  Now please....flame away

Wow.... Um yeah.... Perfectly said, Tony...

Oct 28 06 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

BlindMike wrote:
Screw this site - I mail order for my models. Shipping is a bitch but at least I get what I want.

What about packaging. Must be tough wrapping them.

Oct 28 06 07:34 pm Link