Forums > General Industry > Not this s**t again!

Photographer

vinny photography

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

e-string wrote:

I'm just saying, if you're going to criticize other people's writing, you should probably check your own.

i was telling about the way the model ask about not be be taken with a digital camera and not into a house studio that all

Oct 14 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

e-string wrote:

Did she give you one? wink

Of course. In addition to being smart and beautiful. She's a giver smile

Oct 14 06 03:03 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Pryclss wrote:

I see where you're going with this statement, but the destination wasn't exactly reached. Kate's a moron? Why? Becaue she's a druggie? True enough, but when she takes photos you'd never know. Hell you wouldn't know now if it weren't plastered all over newspapers and magazines. Kate's not an unintelligent person. She's actually pretty genius, if you want to look at it from a professional view, maybe not much as a health one. I mean, she's a druggie and the best designers on the planet still pay her millions to sell their clothing. Why? Because she's an ESTABLISHED model who happens to do drugs. Naomi didn't tell reporters the day she was discovered "I'm not getting out of bed for less than 10,000 dollars a day." She said AFTER she became established. Even to this day, she rudely shows up hours late to a set. But guess what? Irritated and pissed off as the crew may be, they wait on her. (Not that it's all bad for them, they're getting paid to wait, but you get the gist...) But like I said beforehand, I agree with your overall comment. Back to my Merlot now! :-)

Yeah, I did say she's one of the best out there. But being a fantastic model doesn't make her intelligent. She's simply not.

Oct 14 06 03:03 pm Link

Model

e-string

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

Of course. In addition to being smart and beautiful. She's a giver smile

Um, smart?

lol

Oct 14 06 03:05 pm Link

Model

Pryclss

Sunset Valley, Texas, US

e-string wrote:
Yeah, I did say she's one of the best out there. But being a fantastic model doesn't make her intelligent. She's simply not.

May I ask why you think she's not intelligent?

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

tgimaging wrote:

It is very slow right now. Thankfully all the tourists are gone, so it's very quiet also. The beach is covered with colored leaves, and the fresh air from the lake is sooo sweet. I took a walk on the beach earlier. It's just the way I like it after flying home from a hectic week of work. The colors here are spectacular right now!!!

Hang out and keep you company? Hmmmm. Why? are you lonely? I like to hang with people who see the good in others - not the negative (using your OP as an example) - so I'll pass on the offer. Thanks anyway.

Yes, I'm...sooo...lonely!

OOhhh!

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Wow, someone's been watching too much ANTM (regarding the priss). Most artistic/alternative photographers don't have their own studios and don't do this for a day job, although if they got their break they'd love to. Most shoot out of their homes, hotels, on location (outdoors) or at group shoots where someone's been able to rent space.

If she wants to play ANTM and shoot in studios on sets all day, the wannabe whore needs to go straight to agency and pimp herself out. If she really wants to model and really wants to do this for the art, concepts, creativity and love of photography and the arts, she needs bitchslapped back into reality and taught before she goes running her uninformed little smartass mouth again.

Nemi

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Damn it...we're wasting the Kate Moss comments in a thread that's unrelated. Let's start a Kate Moss is Smart thread lol.

Oct 14 06 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Damn it...we're wasting the Kate Moss comments in a thread that's unrelated. Let's start a Kate Moss is Smart thread lol.

Kate Moss is hot!

Oct 14 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

XposurePhoto

Houston, Texas, US

See...that is why I don't shoot in my house...I shoot at the models house, that way they can't complain about my place been unprofessional  lol  Seriously, actually, I don't have a house since I live with my parents - "Failure to Launch" - so no one comes home, but I do all my work at the Customer's place, so far 100% on location shooting... lighting is lighting...no matter where you are and who you are shooting... the proof is in the puddin!

XP

Model

e-string

Pryclss wrote:
May I ask why you think she's not intelligent?

Gee, maybe because she snorts drugs all the time.

Also this: "She was not noted for her academic success..... she gained one C (in Science) and all the rest were Ds, Es, and Us at GCSE level."

Model

Pryclss

Sunset Valley, Texas, US

Image K wrote:

Kate Moss is hot!

LOL, this is why I love the forum!! :-)

Oct 14 06 03:10 pm Link

Model

Pryclss

Sunset Valley, Texas, US

e-string wrote:

Gee, maybe because she snorts drugs all the time.

I was just asking you a question. That is already revelant, I thought you may have had some insight on something else, that's all. Like perhaps you knew her, worked with her, etc.

Oct 14 06 03:12 pm Link

Model

e-string

Pryclss wrote:

I was just asking you a question. That is already revelant, I thought you may have had some insight on something else, that's all. Like perhaps you knew her, worked with her, etc.

See the edit I just made to my previous post. Wasn't hard to find the info, all I did was google her name.

Oct 14 06 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

Damn right I am offended.I have done photography both full time and part time for more than thirty years.Did equestrian photography for ten years,weddings,portraits,magazine articles,etc.Have just completed layout for motorcycle magazine article ,am now retired and do artistic style.Does this mean I am not a photographer not worthy enough to work with this little stuck up princess because I now use a home studio.

Oct 14 06 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

e-string wrote:

See the edit I just made to my previous post. Wasn't hard to find the info, all I did was google her name.

I love Google!

Oct 14 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8061/jeezsb6.jpg

Oct 14 06 03:16 pm Link

Model

Pryclss

Sunset Valley, Texas, US

e-string wrote:

Yeah, true. Drugs are probably more accessible to them than make-up on some accounts. How can't everyone just drink wine or tequila like I do?? :p

Oct 14 06 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

George ephrem

Jacksonville, Florida, US

you know it's funny,........
while i don't have a studio at this time, (i do have all the equip, just no space)
but so many models(not all)  think that studio space is free!!! don't they realize that it cost a LOT of money to have an actual studio space?????

I hope to somehow get a studio space when I retire in about 5 yrs, and TFP/CD
will basically disappear, because i have to pay both for studio, electricity, water, all that stuff, and models would want a free shoot??????? girls/guys, wake up ,
it would be great if it all was free, but it isn't.

I have seen another model with a similar statement as to what was said, i just figure she probably won't get too many shoots, her loss for a BAD attitude.
And there are a lot of really great photogs out there.

Oct 14 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Malloch

Hastings, England, United Kingdom

Gary Melton wrote:
I totally agree - everyone uses digital now.  Plenty of good home studios.

- g

Wrong, some of us don't. Old fashioned guys like me still use film. As for the home studio, there are plenty of good ones out there.

Oct 14 06 03:23 pm Link

Model

e-string

Pryclss wrote:

Yeah, true. Drugs are probably more accessible to them than make-up on some accounts. How can't everyone just drink wine or tequila like I do?? :p

As Bill Hicks would say, I think pot should be mandatory. Maybe it would calm her down a little. ha wink

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

KM von Seidl wrote:
And why do you care what a new and inexperienced model thinks?

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Dang. Tough crowd. Why is it so many forum posts turn into an condemnation of the OP's initial question/comment? Isn't the point of a forum to express your opinion, ask a question, vent, etc? Oh I forgot...to get a t-shirt too lol.

Of course the OP starts a post, saying something (usually).  And then depending on if people agree or disagree with the OP, the thread develops.  I don't understand why OP gives a shit what a newbie model thinks of his setup.

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Maybe he cares what a new and inexperienced model documents in her profile or says because even the most inexperienced model or photographer is a part of the industry and is therefore a reflection of the profession (or hobby) we love and care about?

I shoot in my home.  I can't afford lots of lights and swank gear, I'm definately a photographer who is affected by the model only wanting to shoot at Smashbox.   I even warn prospective models now, that I shoot with cameras that might appear to be "toys" to them and be sure there's not going to be any attitude--if there is, that's another model off my list.

But to me, a wannabe model thinking that a photographer is defined by his studio isn't something for me to get worked over.   I'm FAR more concerned with the fact that seemingly over 50% of the MM thread posts involve the perception of photographer as ....serial killer, pervert, rapist, sadist, perpetrator, scam artist, lowlife, fraud, and the like.

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I agree.

Like I said earlier, "slightly annoyed" is better phrasing than "offended".

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Just looking for opinions.

Oct 14 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Image K wrote:
Kate Moss is hot!

Pryclss wrote:
LOL, this is why I love the forum!! :-)

Like Richard Prior was "hot" when he set himself on fire freebasing.

Hey, dude, got a light? Maybe a little off the sleeve? ROTFLMAO

Studio36

Oct 14 06 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

Opinions? You should share your thought with the person who you're talking about.

Oct 14 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

David Linke

Woodville, Ohio, US

What constitutes a studio?  Is it a separate building in a separate location from where you live?  If so then I am a semi profesional because my studio is an old converted post and beam barn that sits on the some property as my house.  If that's the case then I have not been able to make a living from photography without another job and put two kids through school.

I don't know how I'm going to break the news to my wife. {contemplated doing himself in from the shame}

Oct 14 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

tgimaging wrote:
Opinions? You should share your thought with the person who you're talking about.

Why don't you take a running leap into Lake Michigan?

Oct 14 06 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

Image K wrote:
Why don't you take a running leap into Lake Michigan?

LOL. Did you come up with that all by yourself? smile

Oct 14 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

What models say and do are rarely the same thing- I wouldnt sweat it.

Oct 14 06 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jose Luis wrote:
What models say and do are rarely the same thing- I wouldnt sweat it.

I've noticed that.

Oct 14 06 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

maybe she'll shoot with me.....a disposable "film" camera on location in my van, down by the river.

Oct 14 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

don't waste your time being offended.
she's a rookie.
hell, I don't use lights at all
'cept for the big ole' sun

Oct 14 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Caspers Creations wrote:
maybe she'll shoot with me.....a disposable "film" camera on location in my van, down by the river.

lol!!

Oct 14 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

tgimaging wrote:

LOL. Did you come up with that all by yourself? smile

I appreciate all the extra posts, dude!

I didn't expect this thread to last this long!

Thanks for keeping it alive!

Oct 14 06 04:10 pm Link

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

If I knew who she was, I would tell her...in a "hey, I would want to know if it was me" type of thing.... it would help her out more than having a thread about her; not that it hasn't been entertaining to read...but you never know what you are doing wrong until someone tells you.

Oct 14 06 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

Image K wrote:
I appreciate all the extra posts, dude!

I didn't expect this thread to last this long!

Thanks for keeping it alive!

Earlier you said:

Image K wrote:
Yes, I'm...sooo...lonely!

OOhhh!

Glad to help you! smile. LOL

Oct 14 06 04:32 pm Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

Image K wrote:

Not worrying necessarily.

Just slightly annoyed at the phrasing.

Some very cool shots in my port are from home studios....

Those who know don't mind....

Oct 14 06 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

I have a huge studio.

Most of the United States, and parts of Europe.

It has a big ol huge light.

And all kinds of interesting backdrops.

Even waterfalls. Mountains. Stuff like that, hard to get indoors.

Oct 14 06 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

J Schumacher wrote:
I have a huge studio.

Most of the United States, and parts of Europe.

It has a big ol huge light.

And all kinds of interesting backdrops.

Even waterfalls. Mountains. Stuff like that, hard to get indoors.

I envy you.

Oct 14 06 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Well, come outside then.

Oct 14 06 05:08 pm Link