Forums > General Industry > Not this s**t again!

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Pryclss wrote:

Damn good question. I feel pretty lucky to be in Texas, I'm surrounded by great photographers: DBrown, Greg Daniels, Tallensharp, Tal Campbell, Gean, fodochow, Lithium Picnic, etc. But for models in small cities/towns, they have to travel to get this kind of talent and that of course takes money alot of new models may not have...

Oklahoma!

Oct 14 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Primox Studios

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Image K wrote:

Not worrying necessarily.

Just slightly annoyed at the phrasing.

I'm with you...

her pictures are of no quality at all, and it sound really annoying the way she says that, like she's been published in mayor magazines and is traveling all around the world modeling...

but like I said... let the real world slap her right in the face and flip her over on the spot!

Oct 14 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Jarco Photography

Midwest City, Oklahoma, US

Ted Mebane wrote:
What city is this model in?  I know better than to ask for her name.

OKC, OK

Oct 14 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

Primox Studios wrote:

I'm with you...

her pictures are of no quality at all, and it sound really annoying the way she says that, like she's been published in mayor magazines and is traveling all around the world modeling...

but like I said... let the real world slap her right in the face and flip her over on the spot!

It probably will slap her in the face, but is it worth instigating or highlighting in the forums? I could be offended by a poster who advertises for only female models, and complain about the unfairness, but I won't. It would be as worthless as bringing attention to the wrong langauage in any other port.

Have a wonderful evening all! ENJOY!!

Oct 14 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

tgimaging wrote:

It probably will slap her in the face, but is it worth instigating or highlighting in the forums? I could be offended by a poster who advertises for only female models, and complain about the unfairness, but I won't. It would be as worthless as bringing attention to the wrong langauage in any other port.

Have a wonderful evening all! ENJOY!!

If it's not worth it to you, why did you reply again?

Have a wonderful evening!

Oct 14 06 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Jarco Photography

Once again, I asked her about this stuff instead of posting it up and complaining about it.  She took it down because apparently everybody is giving her a hard time about it.  SHe had a few bad experiences with GWCs adn that's what she ment, amature people with P&Ss and crappy(if any) lighting in their house.

I have had models ask to shoot at my house and I quickly said no, because I know the lighting in my house sucks haha.

Oct 14 06 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

Image K wrote:
If it's not worth it to you, why did you reply again?

Have a wonderful evening!

Because I do like to point-out how ridiculous some thread topics are.

Oct 14 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Athearn

Boulder, Colorado, US

Gee, I guess I'm not a "real" photographer because I have a home studio, darkroom and use digital cameras. ( I also use film).

Oct 14 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jarco Photography

Rick Athearn wrote:
Gee, I guess I'm not a "real" photographer because I have a home studio, darkroom and use digital cameras. ( I also use film).

I just said she didn't mean any digital camera and any home studio.  She was refering to GWCs.  Lighten up dang.

Oct 14 06 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

tgimaging wrote:

Because I do like to point-out how ridiculous some thread topics are.

Thank you for pointing it out after saying goodbye three times.

It doesn't explain why you are still here.

Oct 14 06 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

Image K wrote:
Thank you for pointing it out after saying goodbye three times.

It doesn't explain why you are still here.

LOL To see to what lengths people will slam a port in forum. And how low they will go.

Oct 14 06 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

Image K wrote:
I just saw a phrase in a very new and very inexperienced model's bio:

If you are a photographer that i want to work with then i will do TFCD or TFP.
AND I MEAN REAL PHOTOGRAPHERS< NOT DIGITAL CAMERAS AND SET UPS IN YOUR HOUSE!! NO NO NO!!

I use a digital camera (like most of us do).

I have a great setup at my home, with Visatec lighting, props, backgrounds, etc.

Am I the only photographer that's slightly offended here?

In order to be offended, I'd have to first care...

Oct 14 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

tgimaging wrote:

LOL To see to what lengths people will slam a port in forum. And how low they will go.

LOL Watching you hang out on a thread that is so beneath you!

Oct 14 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Just Shoot Me Photograp

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

I love the one's that contact you wants you to pay them all they have is bad snap shots on there profile.I lmao at them.You should be paying me to get some good stuff for your portfolio.

Oct 14 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Just Shoot Me Photograp wrote:
I love the one's that contact you wants you to pay them all they have is bad snap shots on there profile.I lmao at them.You should be paying me to get some good stuff for your portfolio.

I heard that!

Oct 14 06 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

Image K wrote:
LOL Watching you hang out on a thread that is so beneath you!

Well, truth be told, I'm actually watching a movie, and just checking from time to time for condecending opinion comments. LOL

Oct 14 06 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Morgan

Fort Worth, Texas, US

I shoot with a Digital Pro Body camera and my studio is built onto the upper part of the house. I have never had a model complain about coming to my studio because it is built onto the house. I think the model will find offers far and few between if she goes by those demands.

Oct 14 06 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

let it go

Oct 14 06 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8061/jeezsb6.jpg

Oct 14 06 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

tgimaging wrote:

Well, truth be told, I'm actually watching a movie, and just checking from time to time for condecending opinion comments. LOL

Living in Michigan must be kind of slow.

Feel free to hang out and keep me company.

It's very entertaining!

Oct 14 06 02:14 pm Link

Model

Vincent Vega

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Image K wrote:

AND I MEAN REAL PHOTOGRAPHERS< NOT DIGITAL CAMERAS AND SET UPS IN YOUR HOUSE!! NO NO NO!!

I have a great setup at my home, with Visatec lighting, props, backgrounds, etc.

What the f**k..... can we say stuck up model..... They must be inexperienced. I know I dont have room to talk, but damn.....

Oct 14 06 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Hillburn

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Well to be honest, I'm not offended at all. I shoot from my home with the best cheap Alien Bees that money can buy...lol

Oct 14 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Image K wrote:

Offended? No. Amused? Yes.

Tell you what... book her for a "location shoot" [in the city park.. or better yet the local cemetery] and show up with a non-digital camera [a $1.99 Wall-Mart disposable job - REAL FILM that one - none of that digital stuff don'cha know!] ROTFLMAO

Studio36

Oct 14 06 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

Image K wrote:
Living in Michigan must be kind of slow.

Feel free to hang out and keep me company.

It's very entertaining!

It is very slow right now. Thankfully all the tourists are gone, so it's very quiet also. The beach is covered with colored leaves, and the fresh air from the lake is sooo sweet. I took a walk on the beach earlier. It's just the way I like it after flying home from a hectic week of work. The colors here are spectacular right now!!!

Hang out and keep you company? Hmmmm. Why? are you lonely? I like to hang with people who see the good in others - not the negative (using your OP as an example) - so I'll pass on the offer. Thanks anyway.

Oct 14 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Image K wrote:

What? Isn't that how it works? A new and inexperienced model creates a profile, uploads a few webcam or cell phone images, and then is in a position to dictate to the industry?

Honestly, regardless of the ignorance on so many levels of her comments, I personally don't want to see any model's profile crammed with "I won't do this...I won't do that" statements. I think it only creates a negative impression for professional photographers that won't want to deal with the perception of a bad attitude or a demanding model. It's easy enough to weed out the unprofessional ones and discuss your limitations after you've been contacted. I see "I don't do TFP" etc. so many times and though I understand and appreciate a little information up front, I can't help thinking, "so...if David LaChapelle or Mario Testino or (insert name here) contacts you and thinks you are IT, you're not going to shoot with them?

I particularly love the "if you're a photographer that I want to work with" comment. I guess if you're a photographer she DOESN'T want to work with she'll accept as long as she's getting paid. In other words, I could care less about crappy images of myself being out there as long as I've received money for them.

Oct 14 06 02:34 pm Link

Model

ShowStoppa

Denver, Colorado, US

I believe that the model makes the pictures, not so much the camera...I've taken pics with my digital camera WITHOUT any special lights or any of that and they still came out wonderful. Yes she is new and she is limiting herself and she may not get many offers. But at the same time she'll learn and if SHE sees these threads then she'll rethink her statement..I'm new also and I have NO professional pics at ALL but you have a pretty good idea of what type of person I am when it comes to modeling and I have it..I've even taken pics with my self timer and people were asking me "who did you get to take your pics?"?? Give her a chance she'll learn...One way or the other...lol

Oct 14 06 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

Primox Studios wrote:
Let her go around a little bit and let reality slap her right in the face...

I would suggest he not do that.  That's a sure-fire way to end a nice photographic career and end up needing my services.  wink 

-- rick

Oct 14 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Image K wrote:

And why do you care what a new and inexperienced model thinks?

Oct 14 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

All I gotta say is that must've been one helluva strong tornado if it blew all the professional shots right off her MM profile! 

-- rick

Oct 14 06 02:43 pm Link

Model

ang m

Chicago, Illinois, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

ditto

Oct 14 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

vinny photography

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

Image K wrote:

WOW another girl who will never have a carrer in modeling with this kind of writing

Oct 14 06 02:45 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

vinny photography wrote:

WOW another girl who will never have a carrer in modeling with this kind of writing

Statements like that are especially funny when they contain spelling errors.

Oct 14 06 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Lucinda Wedge

Littlerock, California, US

I'm not offended at all either.  A model can want and do whatever she or he wants.  They may do well in their careers doing it their way or not.  What do I care.  They are entitled to feel the way they feel whether we think they are right or wrong and we are entitled to be offended or not offended.  Free country, free will - right to our opinions, these should all be respected.  Let it be.  But to answer her question - I'm fine with whatever you want to do.  Take your own path and see how it works out for you.

Oct 14 06 02:49 pm Link

Model

e-string

A lot of you seem to be forgetting that intelligence doesn't have much affect on whether or not a model is successful. Sad but true. Look at Kate Moss, she's a total moron yet she's one of the best out there.

Oct 14 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

Dang. Tough crowd. Why is it so many forum posts turn into an condemnation of the OP's initial question/comment? Isn't the point of a forum to express your opinion, ask a question, vent, etc? Oh I forgot...to get a t-shirt too lol.

Maybe he cares what a new and inexperienced model documents in her profile or says because even the most inexperienced model or photographer is a part of the industry and is therefore a reflection of the profession (or hobby) we love and care about?

Oct 14 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

vinny photography

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

e-string wrote:

Statements like that are especially funny when they contain spelling errors.

i'm sorry that my English is not as High as you want

Oct 14 06 02:52 pm Link

Model

e-string

vinny photography wrote:

i'm sorry that my English is not as High as you want

I'm just saying, if you're going to criticize other people's writing, you should probably check your own.

Oct 14 06 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

e-string wrote:
A lot of you seem to be forgetting that intelligence doesn't have much affect on whether or not a model is successful. Sad but true. Look at Kate Moss, she's a total moron yet she's one of the best out there.

How dare you insult Kate Moss! I had the honor of attending an LA party with her and she was not a moron. She cut up those lines professionally and distributed them equally to all attendees without any problem. She even had the forethought to use a credit card when nobody had a razor blade. Still think she's a moron? smile

sarcasm over

Oct 14 06 02:55 pm Link

Model

e-string

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

How dare you insult Kate Moss! I had the honor of attending an LA party with her and she was not a moron. She cut up those lines professionally and distributed them equally to all attendees without any problem. She even had the forethought to use a credit card when nobody had a razor blade. Still think she's a moron? smile

sarcasm over

Did she give you one? wink

Oct 14 06 02:56 pm Link

Model

Pryclss

Sunset Valley, Texas, US

e-string wrote:

I see where you're going with this statement, but the destination wasn't exactly reached. Kate's a moron? Why? Becaue she's a druggie? True enough, but when she takes photos you'd never know. Hell you wouldn't know now if it weren't plastered all over newspapers and magazines. Kate's not an unintelligent person. She's actually pretty genius, if you want to look at it from a professional view, maybe not much as a health one. I mean, she's a druggie and the best designers on the planet still pay her millions to sell their clothing. Why? Because she's an ESTABLISHED model who happens to do drugs. Naomi didn't tell reporters the day she was discovered "I'm not getting out of bed for less than 10,000 dollars a day." She said AFTER she became established. Even to this day, she rudely shows up hours late to a set. But guess what? Irritated and pissed off as the crew may be, they wait on her. (Not that it's all bad for them, they're getting paid to wait, but you get the gist...) But like I said beforehand, I agree with your overall comment. Back to my Merlot now! :-)

Oct 14 06 03:00 pm Link