Forums > General Industry > America's Next Top Model

Model

MELissaMOORE

Fairfield, California, US

Danielle A wrote:
I usually love watching the shoots on this show and listening to the advice where, occassionally something useful is said, but felt last night was a step down.  They really didn't need to show Lisa pee in a diaper.  To keep the show a little classier, that could have been left out.

I can not believe how unprofessional they show these model's acting.
Do you think I would goto a photoshoot and act like that or be sloppy drunk
and represent America's Next Top Model, no way! I am too short for runway and surely past the age cutoff anyway, but my point is: I goto photoshoot's ontime, stay focused, do the job and act civil, unless the part call's for me not to LMAO
I do have some moral's though.Drama sell's so does negative publicity I guess!
I love the fact that Janice is so honest and I think Tyra is da bomb!
Kisses,
Sweet Melanie

Nov 10 05 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

Jarod

Malibu, California, US

Danielle A wrote:
I usually love watching the shoots on this show and listening to the advice where, occassionally something useful is said, but felt last night was a step down.  They really didn't need to show Lisa pee in a diaper.  To keep the show a little classier, that could have been left out.

To keep the show classier, they could've booted her off...

Nov 11 05 12:56 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Jarod wrote:

It's on the UPN.  Classy isn't their goal.

Nov 11 05 01:03 am Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Jarod wrote:

but this season is soooo boring (i miss Janice!), they will keep Lisa for ratings.  i wonder if she'll win?  she seems to try the hardest and up until this past week's episode (diaper?  wow...), had been nailing the photoshoots.

it's good trash tv and good entertainment...take it for what it's worth, right?  smile

Nov 13 05 05:42 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

That show makes everyone think they can be a model.  The producers of that show don't pick who could be a 'model'.  Rather they choose the girls with clashing personalities so there will be non stop catfights.  Tyra just has that show because she wants to be in the limelight and is a total narcissist and wants to be surrounded by a bunch of wannabes who worship her.  Please spare me.....reality tv is so lame.

Nov 13 05 06:55 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

IsabelAurora wrote:
I loved Brittany from the last season!  She was simply amazing! Plus her personality was just so enjoyable.  I hope she is getting a lot of work as a model.

I think Eva was beautiful too, but I never forgot about her attitude in the very beginning of the show (when she was being a complete biyotch to that super skinny girl) and I always wondered if she really had an enlightenment and changed her ways or if she was just acting different because she knew it would have cost her the show.

I met Brittany- she's very nice- she was my favorite- and she's getting a huge amount of work modeling- that's ALL she does- she was originally with Marsha Doll Models before she got onto the show.

-D-

Jan 19 06 05:10 pm Link

Model

Sonya Marie

Tucson, Arizona, US

Soo who's excited for next season...teehee!!

Jan 19 06 05:16 pm Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am, I am!!!

When does it start?

Jan 19 06 07:08 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

March 1st

Jan 20 06 03:22 pm Link

Model

Felicia

Clearwater, Florida, US

Where is the love for petite models?

Jan 20 06 03:25 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Felicia Flint wrote:
Where is the love for petite models?

On modelmayhem smile  Did you know there was a girl in Japan that did a huge runway show and she is 4'11'' wild right?

Jan 20 06 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Mystic Princess wrote:
I think a Top Model can be any height and shape. They should do the show for any height so that people that are under 5'7" can try to be America's Next Top Model.

A silly "Reality Show" is not going to change anything in "The Industry", if you are 5-1, no matter how beautiful you are, you won't be doing runway anytime soon... Same goes for someone who is 5-11 and weighs 175 lbs...

Jan 20 06 05:08 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Hey, AMNT is coming to Fayetteville State University on the 28th of January. A friend of mine, Aisha, is going to audition. She is so excited.

So, I was looking on their website and saw that some locations list AMNT casting director next to it, and some don't. What does that mean for the locations that do not have an AMNT casting director? That it's kist a preliminary to the real casting that will take place....when?

Jan 22 06 12:14 am Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Preshus wrote:
Soo who's excited for next season...teehee!!

Who cares...

Jan 22 06 12:23 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

elisaveta ♀ wrote:

Who cares...

I don't watch the show either, but if my friend makes it on....I'm gonna have to.

Jan 22 06 12:29 am Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

America's Next Top Model is first and foremost reality television, and not very good reality television at that.  The producers of the show cast a variety of looks AND strong personalities (including models that are 5'7") when populating the show in an attempt to generate friction and drama between contestants.  Great for ratings.  And give me a break:  the models spend more time suspended from wire harnesses than the Cirque du Soleil.

Jan 22 06 12:43 am Link

Model

Aleta Pardalis

Oceanside, New York, US

I must admit antm is one of my little guilty pleasures. it's fun to see all the interesting ideas they come up with for photo shoots. I loved the bollywood shoot they did. as for all the shoots they do in harnesses that looks like fun to me. then again I love hong kong action movies which tend to have tons of wire work in them.

Jan 22 06 02:52 pm Link