Forums > General Industry > America's Next Top Model

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

wwaaaaiiit a minute... maybe this is old news for ppl that follow the show better, but last season's Naima... did she gain weight or what???

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model5/p_gall_cg.php?fd=01

Oct 28 05 03:23 am Link

Photographer

Julia Gerace

Monroe, Connecticut, US

poor kyle, I really thought she could go all the way....

o.k. - does anyone else just want to do every shoot from the show?  Saturday, i have a tfp and I'm desperate to do go for that high contrast b/w vaseline highlighted look....(ya listening Krystal?  : )  )

Julia

Oct 28 05 06:45 am Link

Photographer

drdrew

Columbia, Alabama, US

i'm a watcher.  but i am also tempted to tivo to the shoots.  but i don't. i like dumbo, she has nice eyes.  and nicole reminds me a little of geena davis, and i like her shots as well...though she doesn't seem too bright.

Oct 28 05 12:05 pm Link

Model

Audra Isadora

New York, New York, US

a lot of runway is for 5'8'' and above....not 5'9''

Oct 28 05 05:15 pm Link

Model

Semora

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

My favorites Kim , Nik(for some reason i think she is too pretty for this competition but i like her!), Nicole....Lisa...not my favorite at ALL. Just something about her..But so far she looks like she's going to take it all as if she wants it more than the rest!

Oct 28 05 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Stacy Patrick

Beverly Hills, California, US

this season is lame.

and there is not a single girl in the lot that is "top model" material.

Oct 28 05 06:07 pm Link

Model

Ariette

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

That whole show is a mess.  I'm bored by it already.

Oct 28 05 11:44 pm Link

Model

Tokiwa

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Speaking of ANTM.....I saw Nik from this season in Bebe's in Cumberland Mall last night...........She's so beautiful to me......Wonder how far she got..... guess I have to watch and see smile

Oct 30 05 11:15 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

CamelaC

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I saw Nik a week or so ago at this Boutique by my house. Anyhow.. Eva is still my favorite all time winner!

Oct 31 05 08:11 pm Link

Model

geneva20

Rosedale, New York, US

HI HOW RU FARRAH I WORKED WITH U AT THAT SOHO FASHION SHOW IN JUNE
CONTACT ME WE SHOULD KEEP IN TOUCH

Nov 01 05 02:33 pm Link

Model

Maria T

Lambertville, New Jersey, US

I watch both of Tyra's shows. I tried out twice for ANTM!

Nov 01 05 02:34 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

I like the show its too bad that janice isnt there, i dont watch now shes gone. she is starting herown agency.

Nov 01 05 05:43 pm Link

Model

LaurenS

Sascha wrote:
wwaaaaiiit a minute... maybe this is old news for ppl that follow the show better, but last season's Naima... did she gain weight or what???

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model5/p_gall_cg.php?fd=01

I think it's just a bad photo. I just interviewed / saw her and 4 other top models in September when they came to Chicago on a promotions tour; she was in good shape.

~Lauren

Nov 01 05 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

John Donegan

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I am constantly correcting the terrible misconception that new models have that they need to be a certain height like 5’9â€? to be a model.  That may be true just for runway, but that type of modeling makes up such a tiny percentage of “realâ€? modeling for print and television that it really is a myth that prevents some truly beautiful girls from considering a modeling career.  It is such a shame that modeling agencies continue to promulgate this myth.  Remember that “runwayâ€? is the exception, not the rule.

As an experienced fashion and erotic photographer (for numerous international magazines) and a producer and director of television commercials and music videos, I personally always prefer girls who are 5’6â€? to 5’8â€? since they offer me much more flexibility in terms of camera angles and in working in television and film with set pieces and locations.

As long as a girl has long legs proportional to her overall height, forget about your actual height!  It’s a myth!  I control your height with lens selection and camera angles.  All that matters is what I see in the camera.

Worry instead about what matters: 1. Quit smoking if you smoke – it kills your skin tone!  2. Do at least 400-500 abdominal crunches a day and 3. Do at least 100-150 lunges a day.  If you do not feel at least some mild constant pain from this kind of exercise program you are not serious about modeling.

Sincerely

John Donegan

John Donegan Productions
Nashville, TN 37203
email: [email protected]
Model Mayhem #18803

Nov 02 05 01:46 am Link

Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I personally do not watch the show anymore. When it first came out I faithfully watched it but than realized quick that there was just too much whinning on the show, maybe thats my military side but I really don't have time for it. Many people have told me I should try out for the show but I really wouldn't want to be around whinny girls that complain about everything. I think the concept of the show is great and so is the photo shoots. I loved Janice though if she was still there I would go on there just to hear her criticize of me.

Nov 02 05 02:39 am Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

LaurenS wrote:

I think it's just a bad photo. I just interviewed / saw her and 4 other top models in September when they came to Chicago on a promotions tour; she was in good shape.

~Lauren

did you see the whole set of photos? there were like 50 of them and they're all bad... yes they're candid shots I give that but if they don't make her look good I'm not sure why it's even there, that's all.  I never met here in person & i'm not judging how she really looks like, I'm just commenting on it relative to how she looked during ANTM

Nov 02 05 03:09 am Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

Janice is doing her own show where she's running a full-service agency which means all types, all ages, male & female.

Nov 02 05 02:37 pm Link

Model

CTD- NYC Model

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

Julia Gerace wrote:
poor kyle, I really thought she could go all the way....

o.k. - does anyone else just want to do every shoot from the show?  Saturday, i have a tfp and I'm desperate to do go for that high contrast b/w vaseline highlighted look....(ya listening Krystal?  : )  )

Julia

Julia...
There are so many things I want to do from the show! lolsome of the things its like why didnt i think of the like the bad fashion one.

Nov 02 05 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

carra wrote:

Julia...
There are so many things I want to do from the show! lolsome of the things its like why didnt i think of the like the bad fashion one.

Carra;

At least, you are doing actual runway! wink

Udo

Nov 02 05 02:53 pm Link

Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Does anyone know details about the show anice is doing, like the name of it, the channel it is going to air on and what is the name of the agency she is starting?

Nov 02 05 07:57 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

John Donegan wrote:
I am constantly correcting the terrible misconception that new models have that they need to be a certain height like 5’9â€? to be a model.  That may be true just for runway, but that type of modeling makes up such a tiny percentage of “realâ€? modeling for print and television that it really is a myth that prevents some truly beautiful girls from considering a modeling career.  It is such a shame that modeling agencies continue to promulgate this myth.  Remember that “runwayâ€? is the exception, not the rule.

As an experienced fashion and erotic photographer (for numerous international magazines) and a producer and director of television commercials and music videos, I personally always prefer girls who are 5’6â€? to 5’8â€? since they offer me much more flexibility in terms of camera angles and in working in television and film with set pieces and locations.

As long as a girl has long legs proportional to her overall height, forget about your actual height!  It’s a myth!  I control your height with lens selection and camera angles.  All that matters is what I see in the camera.

Worry instead about what matters: 1. Quit smoking if you smoke – it kills your skin tone!  2. Do at least 400-500 abdominal crunches a day and 3. Do at least 100-150 lunges a day.  If you do not feel at least some mild constant pain from this kind of exercise program you are not serious about modeling.

Sincerely

John Donegan

John Donegan Productions
Nashville, TN 37203
email: [email protected]
Model Mayhem #18803

It is true though alot of people dont care if you arent 5'9 or taller. I do alot of excercises but 400-600 cruches may hurt  rather than help, not everyone is healthy as a horse. I do 100 crunches a day.I'll go by my doctors orders.

but not too many of the girls are supermodel material, as janice says.

Nov 02 05 08:07 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

kavonna wrote:
Does anyone know details about the show anice is doing, like the name of it, the channel it is going to air on and what is the name of the agency she is starting?

Oxygen network.

Nov 03 05 02:40 am Link

Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Aimercat wrote:

Oxygen network.

thank you

Nov 03 05 09:29 am Link

Photographer

John Donegan

Nashville, Tennessee, US

spyro2122 wrote:
It is true though alot of people dont care if you arent 5'9 or taller. I do alot of excercises but 400-600 cruches may hurt  rather than help, not everyone is healthy as a horse. I do 100 crunches a day.I'll go by my doctors orders.

but not too many of the girls are supermodel material, as janice says.

You are doing 100 more crunches than most girls.  400-500 is actually reasonable to do but only if you do them right with the correct limited range of motion.  Most people do crunches wrong and can hurt their back as a result.  Your photos show the results of your workouts. Very nice!

Nov 03 05 06:21 pm Link

Model

CTD- NYC Model

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

UdoR wrote:

Carra;

At least, you are doing actual runway! wink

Udo

Yes,
I'm glad I found Andres smile

Nov 03 05 06:28 pm Link

Model

Artzstuf

Hudson, Colorado, US

I watch this show but..I think the women on it r really catty. I guess it reflects the reality of how women act when thrown together.

Nov 04 05 09:29 am Link

Model

SHAWN ANTONIA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Alexis Julianne wrote:
that show is crap. i cant believe tyra is going to have a talk show. boooooo!!

why is the show crap?

Nov 04 05 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

TJL

Lauderhill, Florida, US

Bre is my favorite model in this episode!!!

Nov 05 05 01:35 am Link

Photographer

Logan Seh

Lansing, Michigan, US

Let's see there is another post about this somewhere on here...

Eva is 5'4" and you hear more about her because she had the comercials during the following seasons ANTM, Niema is doing the same with this season.   

This came about from a lawsuit that was filed by Adriane against the show for not helping maintain her career after the initial contract.  Adriane had an exclusive contract with Debeer's.  So she could only work they approved and was in South africa.  As Tyra said in the season the girls went to south africa its up and comming in the fashion world.  How ever its not yet Milan, tokyo, Paris or Hong Kong.  Almost all the stuff Adriane did was in limited prints  how many mags do you see diamond adds compared to makeup adds.    Adreine is now the self -proclaimed reality TV whore and last I knew had a show with  one of the "Brady" boys...

Yohanna, Was the safe pic from her season because Mercedes had Lupus, and that would look bad if she couldn't live up to her contract requirements.

As for the girls on the show... I had to laugh cause there is another show "Seventeen" which is basically the same thing only specifically for Seventeen Magazine...  While channel surfing on day I came across it... same cattiness and petty stuff, only alot moregirls cramed together in a cheaper apt.

Nov 05 05 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

illegal ALIEN

Pompano Beach, Florida, US

Nov 07 05 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

All I know is I know some girls who wanted to model, watched the show a few times and lost interest because of the catty whiners.

Nov 07 05 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

illegal ALIEN

Pompano Beach, Florida, US

the show represent nothing about the industry, you learn more about the business watching a half hour coverage of "Ford Supermodel of the World" than all the ANTM season combine.

Nov 07 05 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

I used to watch it until i realized that they were criticizing the girls for the photographers/art directors shitty capture of them when it came to pic judging. The model doesn't know what she looks like in front of the lens, the photog and the director does. It's thier job to help correct a bad pose, clothing out of place or misplaced facial expression.

I dunno.

Nov 08 05 07:23 am Link

Photographer

Eye Behold

Fountain Hills, Arizona, US

I use to watch ANTM before I picked up my camera. My significant other does some modeling and I did as well so it was interesting to see these girls who were not spactacular get to new places and meet great people. But once i got out of modeling and into shooting models I lost interest and focused more on editing more then watching TV. haha. last season i watched my favorite was robbed (Yaya). wouldn't mind photographing her.

Nov 08 05 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

Lo J

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

To answer one of your question.  I saw two of the past winners at last month's LA Fashion week.  This is a TV show just trying to get good ratings.  Don't want to say bad things about anyone.  The show can be fun to watch but also very sad because if you go to a casting.  You will see how these TV models will look next to a real model.

Nov 09 05 11:10 pm Link

Model

K-A

Healdsburg, California, US

Artzstuf wrote:
I watch this show but..I think the women on it r really catty. I guess it reflects the reality of how women act when thrown together.

i think that making a generalization describing women as "catty" does a terrible injustice to females.  antm is a reality show with young (read: inexperienced) women in a COMPETITION.  of course there's going to be conflict...they're discovering who they are as individuals, they're thrown together to live in close quarters for a few months and they're also trying to WIN a prize. it's also a TELEVISION show, designed to keep us entertained.m

our society pits women against one another in an attempt to keep us distracted so that we remain complacent in our "inferiority".  why subscribe to this b.s.?

Nov 09 05 11:22 pm Link

Model

Amy Harber

Chicago, Illinois, US

tonight's ending was awesome, but those poor girls in the bottom 2. Tyra, you tease!

Nov 10 05 02:52 am Link

Photographer

Jarod

Malibu, California, US

Nicole better win this freaking thing or this show is shit. The rest of the models look average at best.

Nov 10 05 02:56 am Link

Model

Danielle A

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I usually love watching the shoots on this show and listening to the advice where, occassionally something useful is said, but felt last night was a step down.  They really didn't need to show Lisa pee in a diaper.  To keep the show a little classier, that could have been left out.

Nov 10 05 07:32 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Joe Lo wrote:
To answer one of your question.  I saw two of the past winners at last month's LA Fashion week.  This is a TV show just trying to get good ratings.  Don't want to say bad things about anyone.  The show can be fun to watch but also very sad because if you go to a casting.  You will see how these TV models will look next to a real model.

I agree!
these girls dont even come close to top model material, I wouldnt test free with any of them....except the Angelina Jolie  lip blonde girl that couldnt walk (shes gone now) ....I don't think these girls are good enough to get a catalog job.  Eva is working her ass off on the contract that she won (they intend to get their monies worth)  and then the girl is done, gone.  And someone said she's 5'4....wrong, I believe they said she was 5'8 in the beginning and then Ford site had her at 5'7 (someone said, I havent been there)  regardless...   She is too short and was picked for her face, not to do fashion... thats what the sponser wanted...a beauty face.

Nov 10 05 07:40 pm Link