Forums > General Industry > Website to End all No-Shows!

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:
Pat I went to your site, I really don't want you to be pissed off at me as I am not a website builder of any kind. Your site seemed unattractive to me, it just has a sort of grey drab feeling. Perhaps I am not wording this correct and lord knows I am not the authority on Graphics but perhaps if it had more of a clean gallery appearance. Please don't take this as an insult to your hard work there or your very creative idea. I am now in a locked battle with my web builder as to the appearance of my new site. They want it to be very ,ummm Walmart looking and I want it to look like a soho art gallery so meeting in the middle is tough.
Again please don't take this a negative insults to you or the site its just the feeling I had upon reaching it.
peace

Your comments are appreciated (negative or positive) and I agree with you to an extent.  I have been getting hits from all over, but it seems there is something about the design of the home page that just isn't quite enough to get people joining in the numbers I'd like to see.  You do know what the home page of this website looks like .. and that of OneModelPlace.com. 

Well, I want to have the busy feel that profile sites have, but also with the excitement that good Internet model paysites have.  This is a combination of the two.  So think of how many people "browse" our profiles everyday without paying.  Then think of how many models can and will sign up when they are put as the main priority of the site.  Let's face it, we photographers here tend to dominate the profile listing sites ... but the websites that actually make an income are those where the model is put out front and center.   My idea is to celebrate the model!

Of the complaints I've heard from those who frequent model paysites is that the models don't give enough. We;; with the sponsorship membership ... IMC is going to be giving out a lot of prizes to regualr club members, the models and even back to the sponsors!  My concept is for video clips too!  The Internet is about entertainment! 

Just so youknow .. I am meeting with an additional webmaster and graphic artist who will be a part of the team behind what we have so far.  We are very open to ideas on how to improve the look and feel of the website.   What you don't see are the features available once you join,  and we are going to figure out a way to make those noticed before you join.  Any other suggestions are welcome! 

Thanks,
Patrick Walberg

Oct 03 06 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Doug Lester wrote:
Let's take a situation which happened to me a couple of years ago. I had a very good shoot with a very attractive young lady. She was happy with  the results, including the final CD and prints. But some time later I learned I learned the model was smearing my name with emails sent to various models and others. Confronting her, I asked her what was going on. She was obviously surprised and upset, with no idea what I was talking about. Turns out her live in jealous boyfriend was using her email to "get even" with me. I ended up with an attorney and a nice out of court settlement. Now had he made those post in her name about me on your site, my attorney would absolutely have been in contact with you.

I really hope you have discussed this with an attorney, you may well need him!

Right on!  Doug, my best buddy from school days is my attorney.  I studied some law, but decided that photography, writing and publishing were for me.  But anyone going into a business venture is wise to have an attorney involved.

Oct 03 06 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

WillSun wrote:
Website to End all No-Shows!

i have no need for something like this.  it's never been a problem for me. 

--face reality

Oct 03 06 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

FaceReality wrote:

i have no need for something like this.  it's never been a problem for me. 

--face reality

Hey fellow left coaster .... about time you showed up!  LOL 

ANY post that starts with the "Website to END ALL ..... " is in trouble!

Oct 03 06 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

In order to discuss "features" we do need to know something about the purpose of the website.  I don't think that is unreasonable at all.

The purpose as I read it was to give both sides an evaluation of their performance from contact to delivery of the images or payment. With a verifiable paper trail of who said and agreed to whatever. Maybe I read it wrong I will go and check it out again.

Oct 04 06 06:32 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Your comments are appreciated (negative or positive) and I agree with you to an extent.  I have been getting hits from all over, but it seems there is something about the design of the home page that just isn't quite enough to get people joining in the numbers I'd like to see.  You do know what the home page of this website looks like .. and that of OneModelPlace.com. 

Well, I want to have the busy feel that profile sites have, but also with the excitement that good Internet model paysites have.  This is a combination of the two.  So think of how many people "browse" our profiles everyday without paying.  Then think of how many models can and will sign up when they are put as the main priority of the site.  Let's face it, we photographers here tend to dominate the profile listing sites ... but the websites that actually make an income are those where the model is put out front and center.   My idea is to celebrate the model!

Of the complaints I've heard from those who frequent model paysites is that the models don't give enough. We;; with the sponsorship membership ... IMC is going to be giving out a lot of prizes to regualr club members, the models and even back to the sponsors!  My concept is for video clips too!  The Internet is about entertainment! 

Just so youknow .. I am meeting with an additional webmaster and graphic artist who will be a part of the team behind what we have so far.  We are very open to ideas on how to improve the look and feel of the website.   What you don't see are the features available once you join,  and we are going to figure out a way to make those noticed before you join.  Any other suggestions are welcome! 

Thanks,
Patrick Walberg

You know I was looking at it and I thought now if it looked like a magazine cover with maybe one of your prizes being that models face as the cover image? Maybe something like that? Hope it works out for you and thanks for not taking it wrong.

Oct 04 06 06:34 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Tape Her Up wrote:
First off, I wasn't attacking you.

However, I also asked for clarification on how the idea would work.  The response I got was that I wasn't bright enough to understand how it would work.

I'm also not the only person here to raise questions--none of which have been answered.

Suggest you go back and re-read the thread from beginning to end.

except for the attacking me mistake ,read my previous post to you again.
Thanks and good luck.

Oct 04 06 06:36 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

If you have access to a chainsaw and some garbage bags, why would you feel the need to complain?

Oct 04 06 08:38 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:

You know I was looking at it and I thought now if it looked like a magazine cover with maybe one of your prizes being that models face as the cover image? Maybe something like that? Hope it works out for you and thanks for not taking it wrong.

Thanks!  I'm going to talk with a young creative webmaster/graphicics team today and tomorrow.  So are you thinking like http://www.playboy.com .. they have one larger picture, with smaller ones on the side bar ... somewhat that kind of feel?  I've got some GIF files providing movement, but can always add more and resize one picture?

Patrick Walberg
http://www.InternetModelClub.com

Oct 04 06 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Merlinpix wrote:
If you have access to a chainsaw and some garbage bags, why would you feel the need to complain?

Now that is the most off the wall reply I've ever read here!  yikes

Oct 04 06 10:50 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Thanks!  I'm going to talk with a young creative webmaster/graphicics team today and tomorrow.  So are you thinking like http://www.playboy.com .. they have one larger picture, with smaller ones on the side bar ... somewhat that kind of feel?  I've got some GIF files providing movement, but can always add more and resize one picture?

Patrick Walberg
http://www.InternetModelClub.com

I haven't looked at playboy but I was thinking something like what you describe, maybe your site name across the top like a magazine with a full bleed across of the winning model and your different features like copy on a cover?

Oct 04 06 11:20 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Bumping all the no-show threads.  Got the idea from somebody else.

Jan 13 07 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Matrix Photography

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yes, good idea to see who no-shows. We had one last week, she confirmed by phone the day before, then didn't show. we had rented two wedding dresses, flowers, and the photog (me) and MUA were left with nothin. So I am sending the stupid little girl an invoice for $650 and will take her to small claims court. We need to slap these girls with invoices and court orders....

Jan 13 07 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

D U A R T E

Los Angeles, California, US

The reason why I am posting here is that as a photographer you have to have the chops to test with a real agency. You pitch a look/story that you'll be doing, they look at your site or portfolio and then you arrange a date and time. If the model is running late (usually from a casting) they'll call you.  If she flakes they will come down on her so quick. Wait, there's a word for that ummm...a professional?

Jan 13 07 03:06 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

There's something like this already around, sort of.

http://www.theibl.com

Jan 14 07 02:45 pm Link