Forums > General Industry > Lower Back Tattoos

Model

Bettina

Los Angeles, California, US

I think I'm falling in love with Envy. = )

Sep 28 06 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Melissa and Jennifer are in time out. What is this, preschool?

Hope you can get your conversation back on track while they're gone.

(moderator)

Sep 28 06 01:08 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Bettina wrote:

Everyone does, eventually.  It's inevitable.

Sep 28 06 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

Rules

These rules apply to every area of ModelMayhem.com (forums, shout box, comments, messages, etc).

[1] Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm. Please keep profanity and gratuitously inflammatory language to a minimum. Personal attacks will not be tolerated on ModelMayhem.com.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/rules.php

Sep 28 06 01:11 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Bettina wrote:

It's temporary insanity. It shall pass. smile

Shyly wrote:
Everyone does, eventually.  It's inevitable.

You need to get your ass to TN. 'nough said.

Sep 28 06 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

jennifer lockstedt wrote:

lol

I was speaking about your photos.

Sep 28 06 01:18 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

David Moyle wrote:

I was speaking about your photos.

She didn't quite get it, but it's ok, she's on a time out now...

Sep 28 06 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

Lamonica wrote:

And you just proved my point...hahaha... You don't even realize that he is indeed making fun of you. Wow...

Not so much making fun of, just expressing an opinion and pointing out the irony wink.

Sep 28 06 01:20 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Ched wrote:
Melissa and Jennifer are in time out. What is this, preschool?

Hope you can get your conversation back on track while they're gone.

(moderator)

*waves at Melissa through the Model Mayhem prison bars*

Maybe I can sneak you a Snickers bar.

Sep 28 06 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Most of what I thought was cool when I was 19-22 or so is not what I think today. I am thankful I never acted upon the current trends of my day. I didn't do the mullet, I didn't get one earring, I didn't get a tattoo (thin black line) above my eyebrow (like I thought I should for sometime... see I told you things change over time). I figure the lower back tattoo to be as much a fad as anything, like a tribal armband tattoo around bicep. There will be those who will regret having one done, and others who will enjoy it for a lifetime. I personally do not care for their ubiquitous presence on so many  otherwise flawless backsides.

Sep 28 06 01:22 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

David Moyle wrote:

Not so much making fun of, just expressing an opinion and pointing out the irony wink.

Either way, it still put a smile on my face... hehe... I'm soo bad, lets get back to the ass antlers...

Sep 28 06 01:23 pm Link

Model

Ivy Jo

Amarillo, Texas, US

im sure in tenn. you have a billion tattoo shops on every corner like we do here in houston.......it is a huge market.................get a clue girl

That explains why I disliked this chick on reflex! She's from Houston. (I appologize to anyone else from Houston, I've just never met anyone from there that I liked. Maybe you're all just mad at her...)

Sep 28 06 02:59 pm Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

ohhh this thread has become a bit of fun hasn't it ... preschool time outs , people falling in love... damn i missed it all!

Sep 28 06 03:03 pm Link

Model

Ivy Jo

Amarillo, Texas, US

CareLyn Anita wrote:
ohhh this thread has become a bit of fun hasn't it ... preschool time outs , people falling in love... damn i missed it all!

I know, I missed all the fun too. It almost makes me consider paying for internet instead of stealing bandwidth. Almost.

Sep 28 06 03:06 pm Link

Model

Kerosene Krueger

Boston, Massachusetts, US

weak....
i can't stand when chicks think they look "edgy" because they have a lower back tattoo and a belly button ring...

and i've really seen way too many girls who have them too low and it looks like they have a little smear of poo on their bum.....

i'm all about the arm-tattoos anyway...if i throw a couple hundred bucks down for a tattoo i want people to see it dammit!

Sep 28 06 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Bettina wrote:

Get in line smile

Sep 28 06 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Meehan wrote:
Most of what I thought was cool when I was 19-22 or so is not what I think today. I am thankful I never acted upon the current trends of my day. I didn't do the mullet, I didn't get one earring, I didn't get a tattoo (thin black line) above my eyebrow (like I thought I should for sometime... see I told you things change over time). I figure the lower back tattoo to be as much a fad as anything, like a tribal armband tattoo around bicep. There will be those who will regret having one done, and others who will enjoy it for a lifetime. I personally do not care for their ubiquitous presence on so many  otherwise flawless backsides.

I did the earring when I was 18
still wear one when I dress up & go out
Planned 2 armband tats starting when I was 13, wayyyyyy before they were popular, and part of the reason I decided not to do it when I got to a point where I felt I was ready & where I had the $ was because I saw the trends forming & didn't want everyone thinking I did it to be "cool."
Kind of like how some of my friends who got piercings way before anyone else took them out once everyone else got them  smile

Sep 28 06 09:51 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

once again if you think they would turn down money you are crazy....... they take the risk honey.......because they don't get caught........ get a clue on the real world and how sneaky that it is.......everyone cheats the system...... so before you make a statement about me being uneducated...... first get a resume and post it..... right before you post your stupid come backs......only to get slammed on.............................j

I also would kind of like to meet these tattoo artists you're talking about would tattoo a drunk person...because I've been to plenty of tattoo conventions and know plenty of tattoo artists here in the Kansas/Oklahoma region and I've never met a single one that would tattoo a drunk person

Sep 28 06 10:22 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

gosh I missed all the juicy stuff! DANG! damn my classes!

Sep 28 06 10:28 pm Link

Model

Hacked Account

Houston, Alaska, US

Oct 02 06 02:34 am Link

Photographer

PerceptionZ Studio

Havana, Arkansas, US

David Moyle wrote:
The ironic post of the thread award goes to.......

When did Canon start making a camera phone?

I appreciate the comment, and it was a Nikon thanks. If you would like to insult my photography, I would appreciate a direct comment next time instead of directing the insults to the model I took the pictures of.  If you don't like what she had to say, get over it.

Real classy David... For some reason I expected more out of a VIP member.

Oct 02 06 02:39 am Link

Model

Nikolas Anthony

Minneapolis, Kansas, US

As far as I'm concerned 90% of lower back tattoo's look completely trashy. Tramp stamps. I mean to each their own but they look rather unattractive to me. Kinda go along with the thong showing. Both just gross me out.

Oct 02 06 02:50 am Link

Model

Caitie Lee

Long Island, Kansas, US

I have one.  My sister designed it and tattooed it as well being she's a tattoo artist, i love it.  i agree some people may do it for attention, and some can be trashy, but mine is special to me

Oct 02 06 02:53 am Link

Photographer

PerceptionZ Studio

Havana, Arkansas, US

Nikolas Anthony wrote:
As far as I'm concerned 90% of lower back tattoo's look completely trashy. Tramp stamps. I mean to each their own but they look rather unattractive to me. Kinda go along with the thong showing. Both just gross me out.

Whatever floats your boat... I like them, but I usually edit them out of my photos because they tend to distract the eye at times...

Oct 02 06 02:55 am Link

Photographer

PerceptionZ Studio

Havana, Arkansas, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:
I've been to plenty of tattoo conventions and know plenty of tattoo artists here in the Kansas/Oklahoma region and I've never met a single one that would tattoo a drunk person

Go to Chicago sometime, I met several there, and got a couple tats while I was a little juiced up... Not the smartest thing I've ever done, but they didn't mind too much. I had one done in NC, and another one here in Houston. I was also a little enebriated for the tattoo here in Houston, but all of my tattoos were done at highly acclaimed shops with excellent reputations.

Oct 02 06 03:06 am Link

Model

Shauna Carlo

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Joe Lee wrote:
Why do so many models and young women today have these lower back tattoos?

They can't really see them unless they look in a mirror, can they?

I don't get it.

I love tattoos.
The answer to your question depends on the person. People who have a lot of tattoos usually just look at it as another spot to express themselves. I notice a lot of "girl girls" I guess you could say, who only have that one tattoo usually do it because it's trendy. I remember one of my best friends got a tattoo. No reason other then the trend. Another friend and I were talking about tattoos and I told him how she got one. He said, "Let me guess, butterfly on the lower back?" I started laughing saying yes. I love my bestfriend but I think what she did was kind of tacky. Then again there are people who have only that one on the lower back for the reason that they wanted a tattoo that really does mean something to them but wanted it to be easily covered. Sometimes in places such as the work place things like that need to be covered. I find that unfortunate but it is what it is.

Oct 02 06 06:27 am Link

Model

LifeIsBeautiful

Newark, Delaware, US

i think if you get the right tattoo it is more of an art. i think they are beautiful

Oct 28 06 01:50 am Link

Model

LifeIsBeautiful

Newark, Delaware, US

Meg 784 wrote:

I love tattoos.
The answer to your question depends on the person. People who have a lot of tattoos usually just look at it as another spot to express themselves. I notice a lot of "girl girls" I guess you could say, who only have that one tattoo usually do it because it's trendy. I remember one of my best friends got a tattoo. No reason other then the trend. Another friend and I were talking about tattoos and I told him how she got one. He said, "Let me guess, butterfly on the lower back?" I started laughing saying yes. I love my bestfriend but I think what she did was kind of tacky. Then again there are people who have only that one on the lower back for the reason that they wanted a tattoo that really does mean something to them but wanted it to be easily covered. Sometimes in places such as the work place things like that need to be covered. I find that unfortunate but it is what it is.

well she got a butterfly? my boyfriend wants to get a "flaming piece of toast" because someone offered to do it for free, and he thinks its funny. ugh! lol

Oct 28 06 01:52 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

I have no tattoo's... in general I find the back one kind of funny.

Oct 28 06 01:54 am Link

Model

Ms Elegant

I don't know about anyone else on here WITH TATT'S, but when I went to get any one of my six.....I could care less about what other's thought about it. I got my tattoos based on how much I loved the design or the concept. People can sit here, and trash back tatt's all they want, but that's the one I get most complimented about.

Take Care Tattoo Lovers smile

Oct 30 06 06:33 am Link

Model

Jessica Apple

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands

I don't have one, but I think the back tattoo looks very sexy....

Oct 30 06 10:18 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

My skin's never been tattooed, but I love some of the designs that temporary products are available in.

Oct 30 06 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Stroke Of Light

Spokane, Washington, US

i love when people who don't have tattos talk about tattoos! people who don't have them will never understand them the way those who have them do. its our way of celebrating things that happen in our lives i have 3 tats and every single one has a story  i got my first at 18 (superman symbol)i got it for my grandfather.. my best times with him was when he came to town and watched me play baseball for 2 games and both times he had a superman shirt on so when he passed i got the symbol to remind me of good times and so i would always have a part of him and when you get a tat  no matter how much worries and pain is built up it all feels like it disapears thats why people end up addicted to the ink  becuse you feel that great release. so now you know y we get these tats

Oct 30 06 02:50 pm Link

Model

Ms Elegant

sik pics wrote:
i love when people who don't have tattos talk about tattoos! people who don't have them will never understand them the way those who have them do. its our way of celebrating things that happen in our lives i have 3 tats and every single one has a story  i got my first at 18 (superman symbol)i got it for my grandfather.. my best times with him was when he came to town and watched me play baseball for 2 games and both times he had a superman shirt on so when he passed i got the symbol to remind me of good times and so i would always have a part of him and when you get a tat  no matter how much worries and pain is built up it all feels like it disapears thats why people end up addicted to the ink  becuse you feel that great release. so now you know y we get these tats

Thank you! Very well said smile

Beautiful concept behind your superman tat! Love it

Oct 30 06 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

SI Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Lamonica wrote:

Not everything a woman does is about men... what a chauvinist thing to say...

True, most men, the first thing we look at on a women is NOT her hair, makeup or outfit. That's all to impress other women.

Oct 30 06 03:46 pm Link

Makeup Artist

XLisa_MarieX

Sacramento, California, US

Honestly? I got my tattoos as a permanent fashion accessory. Each and every one of them are beautiful designs that enhance the appearance I put out there. It's like earrings or a necklace or colouring your hair. I'm sure others get them for various other reasons, some good, some silly, but in the end, it's a practice as old as time. They've been signs of beauty, power, mysticism, prestige, tribal lineage, marital status. If you enjoy yours, then good for you. Because that's what they're all about. Don't like it? Don't look. Simple.

Oct 31 06 02:53 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

sik pics wrote:
i love when people who don't have tattos talk about tattoos! people who don't have them will never understand them the way those who have them do. its our way of celebrating things that happen in our lives

So, if you ain't one of the cool people, you can't be cool?

What you say is hogwash -- we are talking about opinions, and you are not required to have a tattoo in order to have an opinion about tattoos.  More power to you if your ink makes you happy, but that doesn't mean that I have to like them, and I certainly am already on record as saying that I won't photograph them.

Oct 31 06 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

XLisa_MarieX wrote:
Honestly? I got my tattoos as a permanent fashion accessory. Each and every one of them are beautiful designs that enhance the appearance I put out there. It's like earrings or a necklace or colouring your hair. I'm sure others get them for various other reasons, some good, some silly, but in the end, it's a practice as old as time. They've been signs of beauty, power, mysticism, prestige, tribal lineage, marital status. If you enjoy yours, then good for you. Because that's what they're all about. Don't like it? Don't look. Simple.

Funny.  Most of us have a fashion sense & style that evolves over time.  You mention jewelry & hair color -- but by definition, you can change your jewelry (or take them off) at a moment's notice, and you can change your hair style & color all the time. 

In my experience, 75% of the people I know who have had tattoos for long periods of time have regretted getting them (and can't afford to have them removed).  Why?  Because their style changed, but they couldn't change their ink.

Oct 31 06 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Like anything in life, it's a matter of personal taste. Personally, I like them...

Oct 31 06 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Craig Seay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Joe Lee wrote:
They must do it to impress men. I think they look pretty bad but I guess it's the trend.

I'm impressed with this. If you're not you better check your pulse. smile
https://img2.modelmayhem.com/051114/18/4379818ba004e.jpg

Oct 31 06 09:27 am Link