Forums > General Industry > Obesity and models

Model

Nylah

Oakfield, Tennessee, US

Hmmm.. as a NEW model this is all very interesting - glad to see this point of view from all sides. I used to stuggle with my weight - i was always too small. But here lately I struggle to be thin. Like I said very interesting..... Would love to hear more opinions

Aug 03 06 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Aug 03 06 12:53 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Yes, Maybe the OP is just tired of seeing ports of so called MODEL GIRLS here who are only just average & the girls dont even have nice shape!!
Surely is not the only one who wants to see attractive proportions on the ports of gals - large or not

Or perhaps hes just saying that this country has a massive weight problem???

TRUE.

Are we helping anyone by making it seem ok to be overweight?
I just looked up a cute gal only 5'3''  with a 30 inch waist
at the age of 19
thats not a healthy prospect

Aug 03 06 12:56 pm Link

Model

Stellar Stina

North Augusta, South Carolina, US

dee740 wrote:
I second that!

Thanks! I think a lot of the pin-up style models out there are too skinny, anyway!

Oh yeah, and I totally agree with the post about how people who aren't constantly fretting about their appearance more fun to be around!

(caring about whether you're cutting years and quality of your life away is something different!)

Aug 03 06 12:56 pm Link

Model

ElizabethTullCurtsinger

Wichita, Kansas, US

I really don't think ANYONE is going to be able to respond to this better then Shyly (who is SOOOO awesome. Rock on lady!)

Aug 03 06 12:57 pm Link

Model

Dezira Monroe

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

This thread really is stupid, really. It based on a opinion that nobody should really care about especially plus size models. If you think you got what it takes and your confident in yourself that is all that matters. Nobody, not even a photographer can tell you that.

Aug 03 06 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Myopic Earache wrote:
Ooh good, my favorite subject.

The only ones who are offended when fatties are pointed out are the fatties.  Here in Chicago and, of course, nationwide (and beginning globally) we have a hefty (hehe) obesity problem which the American government is throwing billions of dollars in healthcare costs.  Everyone here is paying to help treat associated problems with obesity.  I wish I could opt out. ....

Obesity should not be embraced but should be looked upon with disdain and stigma and those who are obese should seek help in the form of exercise and nutrition.  Those seeking validation and praise to be a "plus size" model should not be encouraged.

Sometimes people have the most appropriate screen names.     Although myopic heartache or myopic soul might be slightly more on point.

Aug 03 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

WG Rowland wrote:

Ok, cool.. This will give me an excuse to use the BabelFish Prattle-To-English translater I just downloaded...  Finally some intelligent discourse to be had on MM..

Ok.. Lemme just cut and paste the text in and see what we've got to work with here..

*hits Translate*

Ok.  Ok.. It's working..  Hangon.. Here's something..

I......

Hmm, ok this thing's a little slower than I thought... Guess I should have bought a MAC..

.....don't......

Ok, now we're moving.. Hard drive lights are flickering along...

.....like......

Interesting.. Interesting...  I'll be right back... Need to get some coffee...

.....fat......people.....

That's it..?

That's all he's really saying?

God dammit.. MM sucks.

....headesk...headesk...headesk....headesk...headesk...headesk....headesk...headesk...headesk...

Aug 03 06 01:29 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

heh heh - I thought that was quite funny actually big_smile

Aug 03 06 01:32 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

someone said, "i think belly buttons should be plugged up too disgusting ppl and their birth holes!"

Aug 03 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

Sometimes people have the most appropriate screen names.     Although myopic heartache or myopic soul might be slightly more on point.

I think "jerk" is much more appropriate and succint.

Aug 03 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

BingeAndPurge wrote:
On the news the other day I heard mention of an "obesity vaccination" and that we "need to cure this terrible disease."  I mean, WHAT THE FUCK?  A vaccination?  Dammit, obseity is not a disease!  It's the outcome of very poor life choices. 
Yes, some people are predisposed to be bigger, myself included.  But there's a big difference between being big and being obese.  The only "cure" for obesity is teaching people to make better nutrition choices and exercise more. 

Better yet, let's just remove the unhealthy options altogether and force people to do the right thing.  Anyone up for firebombing McDonald's with me?

Okay, this is long a wordy, but as a fat person that is tired of all the mis information given out on a daily basis, here goes.

the one thing that most people overlook, it isnt that fat people want to be fat, or that they dont want to be healthy, I know for a fact, and im speaking from experience, fat people do want to be healthy, and not fat.

The biggest issue isnt with fast food or lack of excercise, the real issue is with the chemicals that are used in almost all foods today, foods you buy at the grocery store, look at the labels, one of the most common "chemicals" is High Fructose Corn Syrup, dont let them fool you, its not sugar. . . HFCS can only be processed by the liver, where as Sugar can be processed by every cell in the body. . . HFCS is a cheaper product to manufacture, that is why it is so widley used, however, it's not good for you and will cause you to not be able to loose weight, no matter how hard you try, same goes for almost all artificial sweetners, the ones being sold to fat people saying, drink diet this, eat diet that, the chemicals that are used to produce these toxic sweetners will also cause you to not be able to loose weight.

What needs to happen is, the junk/crap food that is sold in every grocery store in the US needs to be made more expensive, while the fresh foods need to be more affordable. . . its a simple fact of ecinomics in most cases, you have a choice, eat healthy, or pay your mortgage. . .

I know, I know, all you skinny minnies out there think "hog wash" I eat that food and im not fat, well some peoples bodies react to certain chemicals different than others. . .

A good example, I went on a "diet" of sorts, I guess you could call it that, if it came in a box, bag, can or container, I didnt eat it, only fresh foods, no chemicals, I even quit drinking soda, diet or otherwise, all I drank was water, I lost 44 pounds in 3 months, with no more excersize than I would normally get on an average day, however, the draw back was, our grocery bill doubled, and almost trippled a few times, thats a big change. . . I think it should be cheaper to eat healthy, that is how we are going to combat the medical costs associated with obesity in this country.

As far as some of the medical costs associated with obesity, dont think for one second that the medical industry wants to cut those costs, it is a guaranteed cash cow for them, especially the drug manufaturers, just think about all the meds prescribed for type 2 diabetes, which didnt exist untill the introduction of High Fructose Corn Syrup. Type 1 or juvenile onset Diabetes has been around forever, that is a disease that can only be cured with a pancreas transplant, or kept under control with the use of drugs, type 1 unfortunately is a fact of life, type 2 isnt. type 2 is really just insulin resistant syndrome, meaning that the fat cells in your body are so saturated with natural insulin, that your system has become imune to the effects and levels your body produces, then they give all these nice little white pills to increase the insulin levels in your body, only created further resistance, they tell you to drink diet soda instead of regular soda, which only increased the fat cells building up in your body, therefore storing more insulin, and becoming more resistant.

It is the medical community, the drug manufacturers more specifically that are pushing the drugs for these diseases, thats how they make money, and who pays for it, I do, you do, everybody does in one way or another.

Lets make healthy eating more affordable.

Im done

Aug 03 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

Myopic Earache

Chicago, Illinois, US

BingeAndPurge wrote:
The only "cure" for obesity is teaching people to make better nutrition choices and exercise more.

EXACTLY!

BingeAndPurge wrote:
Better yet, let's just remove the unhealthy options altogether and force people to do the right thing.  Anyone up for firebombing McDonald's with me?

I'll bring the dynamite!

That is the problem with our free choice system, even tho it's the best option out there a great many people don't know how to make good decisions.

Aug 03 06 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Myopic Earache

Chicago, Illinois, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

I think "jerk" is much more appropriate and succint.

What?  You think I'm a jerk for being honest and not PC about an issue that is plaguing the planet and is only getting worse? 

I may be a jerk about it but the truth of the matter is the problem the more people embace the problem, the worse it gets.  Look at HIV in Africa.  Ignore a problem and it will get worse.  Make the solution as part of the national health care system and eliminate choice on whether to get tested or not will lead to higher awareness and hopefully lead to a cessation of the spread.  That approach should be applied to the USA.

Aug 03 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Myopic Earache

Chicago, Illinois, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

Hrm.  Lame.  What a lame insult.  I'm not a heartless or souless person as you may think, actually quite to the contrary yet I also don't appreciate people who coddle and encourage a major problem embracing the world.

Aug 03 06 01:58 pm Link

Model

JJ Plush

Detroit, Michigan, US

First let me say- I'm not a model. I'm short and I'm big...I'm not here trying to make a ton of money. I like being a part of other peoples art or even feeling sexy on film and I love browsing profiles and looking at beautiful people.

I understand there are people that think I have no right to be on this site, and that's fine.

Obesity IS a huge problem in the United States.

I am overweight, but I am in good physical health.

The plus sized modeling industry isn't the issue!

Let's face it people - hardly any of you could even name a single plus sized model.

Barbara Bricker,Sophie Dahl and Kate Dillon are plus sized models...but they are by no means unfit, unhealthy or obese. Let's face it- I'm sure they are even much more healthy than some of the cracked out waifs that are killing themselves to stay thin so they can make the big bucks.

Aug 03 06 02:03 pm Link

Model

Stellar Stina

North Augusta, South Carolina, US

I'm all for making healthy food cheap and HFCS and other addictive, body-ravaging food expensive. I pay a lot for my healthy foods- and so many of the really poor people I have seen are really obese, just because a dollar menu is cheaper than nutritious food!

(and I'd be able to resist temptation a little better!)

off "Modeling" topic, I know. Sorry!

Aug 03 06 02:04 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

Leo Howard wrote:
Okay,
The biggest issue isnt with fast food or lack of excercise, the real issue is with the chemicals that are used in almost all foods today, foods you buy at the grocery store, look at the labels, one of the most common "chemicals" is High Fructose Corn Syrup, dont let them fool you, its not sugar. . .
HFCS can only be processed by the liver, where as Sugar can be processed by every cell in the body. . .
HFCS is a cheaper product to manufacture, that is why it is so widley used, however, it's not good for you and will cause you to not be able to loose weight, no matter how hard you try,

same goes for almost all artificial sweetners, the ones being sold to fat people saying, drink diet this, eat diet that, the chemicals that are used to produce these toxic sweetners will also cause you to not be able to loose weight.

What needs to happen is, the junk/crap food that is sold in every grocery store in the US needs to be made more expensive, while the fresh foods need to be more affordable. . . bodies react to certain chemicals different than others. . .
. . .  the medical industry wants to cut those costs, it is a guaranteed cash cow for them,

Especially the drug manufaturers,

just think about all the meds prescribed for type 2 diabetes, which didnt exist untill the introduction of High Fructose Corn Syrup. Type 1 or juvenile onset Diabetes has been around forever, that is a disease that can only be cured with a pancreas transplant, or kept under control with the use of drugs, type 1 unfortunately is a fact of life, type 2 isnt. type 2 is really just insulin resistant syndrome, meaning that the fat cells in your body are so saturated with natural insulin, that your system has become imune to the effects and levels your body produces, then they give all these nice little white pills to increase the insulin levels in your body, only created further resistance, they tell you to drink diet soda instead of regular soda, which only increased the fat cells building up in your body, therefore storing more insulin, and becoming more resistant.

It is the medical community
The drug manufacturers more specifically that are pushing the drugs for these diseases,

thats how they make money, and who pays for it, I do, you do, everybody does in one way or another.

Im done

Agreed

Totally

Thats a thread we should open...

But back to the OP ....YOU are not the ordinary and out of shape girl under disscussion that is posting 'as a model'!
and thinking she can be Plus Sized Model just by viirtue of the excess waistline alone.

You have more sense and found something fullfilling that you are good at,

ps
Shyly is not the girl under discussion
AND she is far from ordinary!
(I am thinking of the The No Nudes crowd)

Aug 03 06 02:05 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

Leo Howard wrote:

I too noticed this. If I want juice at work. There is none. But plenty of soda. Why is it in some restaurants its either water or pop? I don't drink pop. I can't drink orange juice. Why do I have to settle for soda over some juice which is healthier. With food. Why do I have to pay $5 for a tuna sandwich with nothing on it and for $5 my co-workers can get a big plate of grilled chicken with rice and sauce all over it? If I want a fruit cup $3... while others munch on chips for $0.75...

My decision was to eat healthy food. Now if I can't eat healthy food, I won't substitute with junk food. And SURPRISE! I lost weight : /

Aug 03 06 02:09 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

Try going into the average gas station
or Uk snack bar / off licence / newspaper shop ...

and asking them if they have anything to EAT
Anything
Anything that isn't actually POISONOUS
Hmmm

Aug 03 06 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Myopic Earache

Chicago, Illinois, US

BronxBeauty8 wrote:
I too noticed this. If I want juice at work. There is none. But plenty of soda. Why is it in some restaurants its either water or pop? I don't drink pop. I can't drink orange juice. Why do I have to settle for soda over some juice which is healthier. With food. Why do I have to pay $5 for a tuna sandwich with nothing on it and for $5 my co-workers can get a big plate of grilled chicken with rice and sauce all over it? If I want a fruit cup $3... while others munch on chips for $0.75...

My decision was to eat healthy food. Now if I can't eat healthy food, I won't substitute with junk food. And SURPRISE! I lost weight : /

This is exactly why I bring my lunch with me everyday.  There are a plethora of options out there which are terrible nutritionally and unfortunately big industry keeps it that way.  It's just as easy to purchase a bag of doritos as it is to purchase a bag or oranges, it comes down to choice.

Aug 03 06 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

BronxBeauty8 wrote:

ya know, its funny you mention eating a tuna sandwich, tuna itself is healthy, however, the bread, and it doesnt matter if you eat whole weat, 12 grain, rye. . . unless its from a wholefood type store, the bread will more than likely have HFCS in it, so your healthy sandwich, just became toxic, not to mention how the bread is made to begin with, the flour used in commercial bake houses has no nutritional value left after it has been processed into flour.

and most juices on the market contain HFCS as well, so they are no better than soda in reality, there are juices that are 100% pure, no chemical preservatives, or artificail sweetners, but those are $4 to $5 for a half gallon container, while the unhealthy juices can be had for $1 for a half gallon container.

Its all about economics.

Aug 03 06 02:19 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

Sadly I find oranges aren't so available at all
or so easy to eat! I cant even peel them personally, so i would need a knife and a plate

They ARE expensive especially if organic - which is the only kind worth eating
And I can drive while eating Doritos....

Aug 03 06 02:23 pm Link

Model

Sarah Deathriage

Phoenix, Arizona, US

you can get a salad at any drive thru..I went to a sushit retaurant the other day and they had low carb sushi! yeah crazy world we live in. It was pretty good too, I had a low carb cucumber roll. I see healthy food everywhere. Maybe because I am a veg I am forced to look for it. McDonalds even has a fruit salad. Burger King has a Veggie Burger I could go on and on.

Aug 03 06 02:24 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

Leo Howard wrote:

ya know, its funny you mention eating a tuna sandwich, tuna itself is healthy, however, the bread, and it doesnt matter if you eat whole weat, 12 grain, rye. . . unless its from a wholefood type store, the bread will more than likely have HFCS in it, so your healthy sandwich, just became toxic, not to mention how the bread is made to begin with, the flour used in commercial bake houses has no nutritional value left after it has been processed into flour.

and most juices on the market contain HFCS as well, so they are no better than soda in reality, there are juices that are 100% pure, no chemical preservatives, or artificail sweetners, but those are $4 to $5 for a half gallon container, while the unhealthy juices can be had for $1 for a half gallon container.

Its all about economics.

Aha! You caught me. That was my diet before. I normally just eat regular tuna. What do I need the bread for? For breakfast meals, you have croissants, bagels, egg and something sandwich on a roll or whatever. Then lunch more sandwiches, more pizza, more bread. By dinner, I hope you're not eating more bread...

My ex laughs, breakfast of champions - a banana and some juice
lunch - tuna, diet green tea or water
dinner - whatever is made. I hang around an indian family so everything they cook is low fat, and baked, not fried.

Healthy foods. big_smile

Aug 03 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Actually, Johnnie doesnt like fat people.

This is his post from another forum:
"Fat --no OBESE girls with a listing under models ---are there no standards here --how about just some respect for the term "model. Plus size does not ---that is DOES NOT include whales that weigh 300# . Get real and delete your profile if you can't get through a normal door or you car needs air shocks ."

I then responded in the forum by simply calling him a 'a**hole'.

well, i guess i broke the rules of bad language. later, Johnnie sent me some email, really showing his true colors. I give you the unedited email he later sent me.

On 8/2/2006 at 9:41 PM Johnnie Welborn wrote:
>
>> LOL---now I see why you were so hot to defend the OBESE models ( I
>> saw a shot of you ) . It was not intended to be an attack on you but
>> I see why you took it that way .
>> Fat is a real problem in our society right now and to even think that
>> whales like the ones on MP should be considered models is totally
>> absurd.
>>
>> Johnnie Welborn
>> http://JMWPhoto.com
>> 931-553-0670
>
>
>
Johnnie Welborn
http://JMWPhoto.com
931-553-0670

On Aug 2, 2006, at 9:58 PM, Stuart Photography wrote:

>
> yer a funny one dude. I think there is a place for any size model,
> male or female, depending on the intent of the image. I shoot alot of
> art, and believe any shape and size is acceptable in the fine art
> field...especially nudes. Furthermore, there are several clothing
> manufacters for large folk and need models for their catalogs. more
> than 50% of this country is obese, so there is plenty (no pun
> intended) to sell. I am not sensitive to the whole fat thing. Im 173
> lbs now. I just havent updated my website in nearly two years.
>
> your post is absurd and offensive. Since you like looking at me, I've
> attached a recent picture. Thin stu, fat stu...id feel the same way
> about you.
>
> Best,
> Stu

LOL----just because the country is full of fat people does not make it right or desirable to have their fat ass in front of any camera. It's just crude and disgusting in person or print. Every one thinks fat is bad and ugly but they don't  have the balls to say so .
Congrats for loosing the weight and getting a real life back . You need to change your profile people do not want to be around fat people .
Personally I will not accept photo shoots with fat women  and I ask the weight and height of people who schedule over the phone. If they call and tell me they are 5-5 and 235 I just tell them straight up that they exceed my standards and I will not work with them.
The model sites need to have some Normal standards to be considered professional ---fat will never be normal or desirable .
Johnnie

In case you have made it this far, yeps, I am a former heavyweight. It wasnt healthy for me, (keyword here is for ME, not for anyone else)....so I did something about it.

Best,
Stu

https://www.stuartphotography.com/stu/newstu/oldstunewstu.jpg

Aug 03 06 02:27 pm Link

Model

Sarah Deathriage

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Leo Howard wrote:

Its all about economics.

Wow Leo you really know alot about food. If I knew all that I would never eat.
tongue

Aug 03 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Sarah Deathriage wrote:
you can get a salad at any drive thru..I went to a sushit retaurant the other day and they had low carb sushi! yeah crazy world we live in. It was pretty good too, I had a low carb cucumber roll. I see healthy food everywhere. Maybe because I am a veg I am forced to look for it. McDonalds even has a fruit salad. Burger King has a Veggie Burger I could go on and on.

next time you go to one of those places and get your salad, if you are having any kind of dressing on it, ask them if you can see the list of ingredients, you will be surprised that the "healthy" salad is not so healthy, for many many reasons, the main one is the dressing, it will more than likely have HFCS in it, its in almost all commercially produced foods in the US. . . any of the sauces you eat with your sushi, will more than likely have HFCS in it, and the veggie burger from Burger King . . . well, ask to see the list of ingredients.  the food we buy these days, even if it says its healthy, isnt really all that healthy. . .

Aug 03 06 02:31 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

Bacon and cheese salad with ranch dressing ontop isn't that healthy.

Try eating a plain salad and tell me how you like it.

Aug 03 06 02:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Robyn Shepherd

Los Angeles, California, US

What was the point in posting this? besides making himself look like an idiot!

Aug 03 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Myopic Earache

Chicago, Illinois, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
They ARE expensive especially if organic - which is the only kind worth eating
And I can drive while eating Doritos....

What you are saying is not necessarily true.  The price of organic foods depends on where you get 'em from.  In Chicago we have a fruit/vegetable store called Stanleys on Division and Clybourn.  They have a terrific organic section (about 1/3rd of the store) where everything is reasonably priced and about 40-60% cheaper than the local chain grocery stores en masse.  I'm sure there has to be some place like this in Cail.

By finding these unique places you are helping yourself and supporting small business... which I'm totally for.

Now driving and eating... sigh... that is another reason obesity is on the rise: food is accepted everywhere.  Ride the train and you'll have people eating chips ALL the time, drive-thru/dashboard dining is everywhere, eat at your desk, lunchtime meetings.. etc.  The tradition of sitting at a breakfast/lunch/dinner table is a notion of the past.  Now people eat everywhere at anytime, acceptance of which is complicit to the problem.

Aug 03 06 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Stu,

I just cant help myself on this one, so please, forgive me if I overstep here.

But you say "  I am a former heavyweight. It wasnt healthy for me " and I say kudos for getting yourself healthy weight wise, however, is that a ciggarette in your fingers?

:-)

Aug 03 06 02:36 pm Link

Model

Candace R

Weight is a touchy subject in "the industry" and it shouldn't be. Most of these high fashion designers only have skinny women walking down the runway.....WHY?
Why do there need to be different labels just for plus sizes? Why can't the designers include plus sizes? Theres no down side. You include everybody of all sizes and dont influence the need for eating disorders.

It's sad how many female models I know that go on insane diets, and develop bulima and anorexia. BUT WHY? Just so they can be accepted only in the fashion district but not within there own community back home?  It's okay to have a meat on your bones.

Aug 03 06 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

BronxBeauty8 wrote:

tell me about it, plain salad absolutely turns my stomach, thats why I buy organic salad dressing, no artificial anything, the sweetening that is added usually comes from some sort of organic fruit, or organic sugar, try getting that in a restaraunt, aint gonna happen.

Aug 03 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Leo Howard wrote:
Stu,

I just cant help myself on this one, so please, forgive me if I overstep here.

But you say "  I am a former heavyweight. It wasnt healthy for me " and I say kudos for getting yourself healthy weight wise, however, is that a ciggarette in your fingers?

:-)

one battle at a time my friend. one at a time. it's at the top of my list of things to do, along with cleaning up my potty mouth and being a GWC. lol

Aug 03 06 02:41 pm Link

Model

SsinUrn

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Sarah Deathriage wrote:

Wow Leo you really know alot about food. If I knew all that I would never eat.
tongue

def.... makes me wanna go hurl my lunch & munchies.... sad

Aug 03 06 02:43 pm Link

Model

BronxBeauty8

Leo Howard wrote:

tell me about it, plain salad absolutely turns my stomach, thats why I buy organic salad dressing, no artificial anything, the sweetening that is added usually comes from some sort of organic fruit, or organic sugar, try getting that in a restaraunt, aint gonna happen.

I eat plain salad everyonce in a while and it makes me feel like a rabbit. Seriously, what am I chewing. Sometimes I add Italian dressing. I don't like the Organic salad though. Something about the leaves they use isn't very appetizing.

Aug 03 06 02:46 pm Link

Model

Sarah Deathriage

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Leo Howard wrote:

next time you go to one of those places and get your salad, if you are having any kind of dressing on it, ask them if you can see the list of ingredients, you will be surprised that the "healthy" salad is not so healthy, for many many reasons, the main one is the dressing, it will more than likely have HFCS in it, its in almost all commercially produced foods in the US. . . any of the sauces you eat with your sushi, will more than likely have HFCS in it, and the veggie burger from Burger King . . . well, ask to see the list of ingredients.  the food we buy these days, even if it says its healthy, isnt really all that healthy. . .

I really don't eat fast food thank god (if I have to grab a salad I do). But I do eat that veggie meat at the store that's "organic" and I heard that stuff can be bad for you. I dunno. You can never win. I heard too much soy is a bad thing and can give you mood swings. Which I am starting to see. But I have lost some weight eating high protein low carb.

Aug 03 06 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

SsinUrn wrote:

def.... makes me wanna go hurl my lunch & munchies.... sad

I know, sad isnt it

Model

SsinUrn

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

BronxBeauty8 wrote:

might not be Much healthier... but this is how my mom got me to eat lettuce when i was a kid, still prefer it this way today... 
    easy... lettuce, leaves of cut, whatever... and sugar.
that's it, not a lot, just enough to sweeten it up... and yeah, i'll eat a salad like this in restaurants, and get funny looks everytime

oh shut up and try it wink